Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bathroom doors -- 'soft' auto locks.

I've seen a lot of requests lately for locking doors in TS4 -- a request I generally agree with. But there's a bit of functionality I'd really like to see beyond that -- an automatic lock on bathroom doors. Basically, whenever a Sim goes into a bathroom, the door should lock behind them.

I've come up with the idea of what I call a 'soft' automatic lock -- it does essentially what I've said above -- Sim goes into a bathroom, the door locks. The 'soft' aspect is that the lock would only prevent Sims acting autonomously from entering. That way if you actually -want- to set up some kind of embarrassing moment or whatnot, you can order another Sim to go into the bathroom and the lock would let them in. Of course, whenever the last Sim in the room leaves, the door should then unlock.

This would be something the user can set or unset via the standard radial menu by clicking on the door, so it's purely optional. You could also include a regular 'non-soft' lock option that would lock out both autonomous and player-ordered Sim entries, for those folks who may be forgetful and not want to accidentally create an embarrassing situation.

Why bother with this? I feel it would be a significantly more convenient feature for bathroom doors than the manual door locking we had in TS2 and TS3. Using manual door locks, you have to click the door every time a Sim enters or leaves the bathroom to lock/unlock the door. That can get to be a bit much, especially in a large family household. This would automatically lock doors at times when it makes sense (bathroom doors are about it, I think, but certainly the feature could work on any door, since it's user-activated) and alleviate the need to constantly click to lock and unlock.
Pay for product -- not potential!

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Great idea!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • fashion201067fashion201067 Posts: 75 Member
    OMG PLEASE! MY SIMS ALWAYS WALK IN ON EACH OTHER! :D
    marina.jpg
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    What about married sims though?
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I guess I don't really see it being a big issue for married Sims, with the 'soft' lock implementation. You can still send any Sim you like into the bathroom yourself -- only autonomous entries would be blocked. So if you want a Sim to share the bathroom with a spouse, just click and go!
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    How about a soft lock for bedrooms as well, to stop Sims from using the wrong beds or wandering in on people woohooing?
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2015
    Assuming that it's designed as I described and activating it is on a radial menu that comes up when clicking a door, I expect it could work on any room. The bathroom is just the place that first inspired the idea for me.

I wouldn't want to have it on all the time on a bedroom, as I may want other Sims to have access while my Sim is in there. But certainly, if it's 'click-to-set' and 'click-to-deactivate' it could work on any door/room. (I don't mean you'd click every time to lock the door -- that's just a normal door lock. But click once and the door will auto-lock after a Sim enters the room, unlock when they leave -- that function would continue until you click the door and 'unset' the auto-lock status.)