March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Skills Ideas

I do love some of the new skills in the game like homestyle cooking, gourmet cooking, bartending and video gaming. And I'm really excited about photography being an actual skill as well as the baking skill. So I wonder what new skills will pop up in future game packs and expansion packs?

Since we have a gardening skill and herbalism skill I think it would be really creative if they gave us a florist skill. That way we could even have our Sims own and operate a florist shop. Other skills that I would be interested in making into TS4 would be the following:

1. blacksmithing
2. pottery
3. glass blowing
4. wax works/candle making
5. acting
6. dancing (modern, jazz, ballet)
7. singing (pop, rock, opera, indie, classic rock)
8. keyboard/drums/trumpet/saxophone/electric guitar/DJ (new musical instruments)
9. drafting/drawing (stem out from the painting skill)
10. grooming (of course for pets)
11. carpentry (hand craft build and buy objects)
12. gymnastics
13. romance (I really feel that romance should be a skill considering comedy is already one)
14. alchemy
15. archery
16. mechanic
17. pick-pocketing
18. martial arts
19. witchcraft (light/neutral/dark)
20. clairvoyance/medium (ghosts should have a purpose and not all Sims should be able to see or talk to ghosts IMO.)
21. scaring/haunting (a skill specifically designed for spirits.)
22. architecture
23. psychology
24. modeling

Yeah, my list of skills is a bit lengthy but it's a little bit of everything for every type of Sim. Any special skills that you would like to see in TS4 or make a comeback from previous installments of the franchise feel free to share as well.

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I hope that we will get most of these skills in the future for Sims 4 :)
  • SomeOneWhosCoolSomeOneWhosCool Posts: 13 New Member
    The glass blowing one sounds really cool. Your sims could make pieces for the house or sell them, kind of like how I would always make my sims painters in The Sims 3. I hope these are put into the game :).
    -SomeOneWhosCool
  • skipsbarryimageskipsbarryimage Posts: 17 New Member
    Glass blowing and a floral skill could go hand in hand! Just imagine...collecting wild flowers, planting your own, grafting them and making new plants! Then arranging them into a beautiful bouquet to put into a vase you blew yourself!
  • vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    @skipsbarryimage- That is a really creative idea with the glass blowing and florist skills combined together. See, why couldn't they also combine certain skills we have now together to form a skill all in its own? We could also make custom pendant lights and Tiffany lamps- oh how I love Tiffany lighting. And pottery just for the fact that we could make our own decor objects by having our Sims build up their skills- infuse painting with the pottery to have wild designs or traditional designs. And blacksmith and archery could go hand in hand with a Renaissance DLC game pack (that is if they plan to give us 3 or 4 game packs a year since it's replacing the Sims 3 Store DLC content).
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Glass blowing was introduced in the TS3 store and was a cool concept- your sims could make jewelry and craft perfume after making the perfume bottles. I hope they bring that back.
  • CakeOverlordCakeOverlord Posts: 41 Member
    I can just imagine the sims who are just starting out with the acting doing something hilarious while practicing!
  • IzFrogzyIzFrogzy Posts: 7 New Member
    Yodeling——Maybe if we get a Wild West Horse like pack our sims with the added skills can learn to yodel

Farming——This should have been a thing in cottage living but when we’re caring for the cows and chickens this should be a skill

Horse care-If we get extra Pack for Farming and horses are added this skill could help your sim when caring for owned horses which you can trim their feet and brush them down and check them when they’re sick

Dog Care-We’ll be able to trim claws groom them which is in the game and can used as a skill booster check for fleas and ticks as well as come up with animal remedies specifically for this pet
    Cat Care-Same as Dog care but specific for cats

Widdle-Working or Capentry- It should have been seperated from Handiness and add more items to make from wood

Driving skills-for when and or if we get cars

Anthropology-Being able to study insects maybe even have a anthropology lab table

Zoology-Maybe if they added zookeeper as a career or maybe a Zoo DLC that would be implemented

Business skill——So your sim can have some experience running their businesses better
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    IzFrogzy wrote: »
    Anthropology-Being able to study insects maybe even have a anthropology lab table

You're looking for 'entomology'. Anthropology is the study of humans, which admittedly wouldn't be out of place here either.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I definitely would like to see the following from your list! 😊🎉

1. blacksmithing
    2. pottery
    3. glass blowing
    6. dancing (modern, jazz, ballet)
    11. carpentry (hand craft build and buy objects)
    12. gymnastics
    21. scaring/haunting (a skill specifically designed for spirits.)
    22. architecture
    23. psychology
    24. modeling

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited May 2022
    Many of these sound awesome. Personally I'd love new skills in base game too, featuring sims preferences and likes a bit. My suggestions:
    • Reading (child skill)
    • Swimming (children can be taught by a teen or older or go to swimming school (rabbit hole). Adults have basic swimming skills but can improve them).
    • Riding a bicycle (Children can be taught this by a teen or older.)

I would also love new Discover University skills that tie in with the different subjects. For example analysing literature skill, business skill or psychology skill, depending on what you are studying. These would then give you different perks in interactions with other sims, or new interactions/actions for your sim.

And I'd also love it if the archaeology skill was tied to a university major and a job.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Different dances including cultural dances from different cultures... promote inclusion and diversity
    Drums because again different cultures use drumming.
    Different instruments - Saxophone, Double Base, etc.
    Gymnastics
    Tabletop gaming, like 40k. It'll be something for our nerdy sims to do. I would buy a collaboration between Games Workshop and The Sims team.
    Superhero skills/being a mutant... Marvel is OWNED by Disney. Why not use that licencing to do something with the Marvelverse.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like your list, many skills there that I actually missed.

Adding a rather not-sop-exciting - but still useful both in a sims make-money-spend-money universe as well as in RL: Economics. I'm often looking for a sensible skill for those of my sims who want to make a good home budget or perhaps just get a job as an accountant etc. There could be animations like comparing values or usage of items, or "discuss values" communications. High skill could even affect bills because someone with high economics skills would make a good budget to save money. Yupp, I know it sounds boring, but I think quite a few of my sims would build such a skill.

Also miss Cleaning skill (we had it in TS3).

Oups: Just noticed this thread is quite old, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Love your list, but I would prefer us developing more skills our children and teens can use in general or in afterschool activities:
    • gymnastics
    • skateboarding
    • rollerblading
    • various instruments (cello, flute, trumpet, saxophone, recorder)
    • cheerleading
    • finger painting (give 2-3 points on painting when aged to young adult)
    • swimming (more interactions, be able to teach the skill)
    • convincing siblings/friends - get into trouble (tattle-tell), play tag, make up lies together, have a sleepover, sneak out of the house, cover for you when you go to a party, do their chores, do their homework, play a game (this can be charisma or mischief skill points, responsibility points)

Honest, the list could go on and be endless, but adding more for those age groups would be such an addition to the overall gameplay and interactions between your sims. I truly believe the possibilities could be endless!