Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fish and mother... both gone

ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
I save often in my game. When I came back to play my sims I noticed 2 bugs:
1. my main sims collection said I had only collected 10 of 20 fish needed to progress in the aspirations.
2. My main sims mother (who lived alone on a separate lot) had died of old age and been removed from the genealogy tree.

I'm ok with losing fish, but it's annoying to no longer have any record that a now deceased sim was my sims mother. I don't know when she died and I haven't been able to invite her ghost over.
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• Options
    So I realised I didn't mention I still had 16 types of fish in my inventory. So it wasn't that the fish disappeared it's just that I have to go out and re-catch them to show that i've collected them. Weird.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Oh no, I don't like the sound of deceased family members disappearing from the tree. Is she the only sim you have had die on another lot? Gee hope it's a one off.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    She is, which is why i'm kinda worried about it. I was planning on trying to play one household only with everyone aging naturally so family members will be moving out, dying on separate lots, etc. I don't want them to get removed from the family tree though so I might have to re-think how I'm going to play. I want to keep aging on for the whole world because I've never played like that and I think it'd be interesting.
  • Options
    Shaobun wrote: »
    She is, which is why i'm kinda worried about it. I was planning on trying to play one household only with everyone aging naturally so family members will be moving out, dying on separate lots, etc. I don't want them to get removed from the family tree though so I might have to re-think how I'm going to play. I want to keep aging on for the whole world because I've never played like that and I think it'd be interesting.

I have all ageing switched off except the active household because I don't like sims dying and leaving no urn/headstone. But this disappearing from the family tree is a bigger concern. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem .....yet.

Is it possible for you to go back to an older save to get her back again? Then you can muck about with it and see if it happens again.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Maybe I'll have an extra kid, kick them out and see what happens. I don't have an old save unfortunately. So they don't leave a urn? I just assumed I couldn't find it. That is so annoying. That was the only thing left I could think to do because I can't get in contact with her ghost (if she has a ghost). Where do all the dead sims go? I've heard they still count to the population limit.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think they do still count for a time, as they show in relationship panels. But I think they eventually disappear. The only way to see ghosts is to have a urn or headstone, as far as I know.

But I don't think they should ever disappear from the family tree.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1