Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Niemalyn97 So glad 2 hear that! Let me know if u start Drifting! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @Vihisha No problem Mama Bear. I figured you'd wanna fix that puppy. :)
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    AllieMac wrote: »

Yay! We'll be doing House 001 together. I bet you blast right through it though while I slowly crawl along. hehe. Staring it out seems to be the hardest for me too. You get the Sim made, set up the game, take your screenies, and then sit there going "Now what?". Good luck figuring out which direction to take it in. :)

I think I've got it pretty well figured out. You've probably made it most of the way through house 001 lol. I've got maybe enough for one chapter. I've got to tie up house 009 on my blog, then go into this story. I've been playing a lot of WoW (I go through moods and switch games a lot lol), but I'm going to make time for sims too today (at least until The Walking Dead comes on tonight ;))
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member

@misfit091376 I'm the same way with games. I go through phases. The drifter challenge has kept me more interested than most, though. It's just so different each house, and still somewhat the same. Props have to go to Vihisha for coming up with a great concept for a challenge.
  • Options
    @misfit091376 I'm the same way with games. I go through phases. The drifter challenge has kept me more interested than most, though. It's just so different each house, and still somewhat the same. Props have to go to Vihisha for coming up with a great concept for a challenge.

I do the same thing w/games...but there r always a couple that I ALWAYS go back 2 playing hee hee
    You're so welcome! I'm just glad I was able 2 come up w/something that so many people enjoy!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options

This one has definitely kept me more interested than most! I'm so grateful for @Vihisha on this one!
    Vihisha wrote: »

I do the same thing w/games...but there r always a couple that I ALWAYS go back 2 playing hee hee
    You're so welcome! I'm just glad I was able 2 come up w/something that so many people enjoy!! =)

Me too! Sims and WoW are basically the only two that I play. So, I usually just switch back and forth ;)
  • Options

Yay! We'll be doing House 001 together. I bet you blast right through it though while I slowly crawl along. hehe. Staring it out seems to be the hardest for me too. You get the Sim made, set up the game, take your screenies, and then sit there going "Now what?". Good luck figuring out which direction to take it in. :)

I think I've got it pretty well figured out. You've probably made it most of the way through house 001 lol. I've got maybe enough for one chapter. I've got to tie up house 009 on my blog, then go into this story. I've been playing a lot of WoW (I go through moods and switch games a lot lol), but I'm going to make time for sims too today (at least until The Walking Dead comes on tonight ;))

Originally I was going to say even though I got a head-start I'm sure you'll speed right by me and finish first, but I've been writing like mad over the weekend and have 11 updates all ready to go. So who knows maybe I actually WILL finish this one relatively quickly. I used to play WoW a long time ago. I bought Burning Crusades then lost interest. Sims is really the only game I play now, except occasionally I fire up a time management like the old Diner Dash series.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options

Originally I was going to say even though I got a head-start I'm sure you'll speed right by me and finish first, but I've been writing like mad over the weekend and have 11 updates all ready to go. So who knows maybe I actually WILL finish this one relatively quickly. I used to play WoW a long time ago. I bought Burning Crusades then lost interest. Sims is really the only game I play now, except occasionally I fire up a time management like the old Diner Dash series.

You're moving right along on this one! I go months without playing WoW. I used to be the same with sims, but since this challenge, I don't normally go more than a couple of weeks to a month lol.
  • Options
    I know some major changes happened in today's patch! I will have a ruling on what if anything will b affected in The Drifter Challenge (concerning things like the new House Traits)...hopefully later today! THX in advance 4 your patience! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    After seeing how the House Traits work in-game, I have decided that if you choose 2 use them...u may! These House Traits may b changed on the lot(s) as often as u like...this may change some of your previous strategies!

It will, however keep things more challenging should u choose 2 NOT use them =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    After seeing how the House Traits work in-game, I have decided that if you choose 2 use them...u may! These House Traits may b changed on the lot(s) as often as u like...this may change some of your previous strategies!

It will, however keep things more challenging should u choose 2 NOT use them =)

Thanks so much for the super duper fast ruling on the house traits, Mama Bear!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @AllieMac U betcha!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited November 2016
    It may be November 5th, but.... HAPPY COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE THANKSGIVING!! ha ha :D

I have a left a breadcrumb for the DO-OVER I am doing for House 001. It's over in the House 001 thread. And, in my signature.

Yes, @Allie, you read right. I said *DO-over*. When I had first restarted, I thought for sure I was going to be able to play without any "problems". Oh, it wasn't my game that gave me the problems. It was work. (story for another time)

Long story short, I had to STOP playing my game, and when I went back.... it was basically a failure. Pictures I had ready for the "next" batch of storytelling, were really sitting out in limbo. I couldn't remember WHERE I wanted the story to go. And then, the latest EP came out.

Next, we have @Vi's sneaky peek VIDEO :p **before the EP even came out**!! In it, she had HINTED about something we -- "the DRIFTERS" -- can use on our lots!!

Throughout all of this, I had the brilliant idea of sharing my gameplay through screenshots that I could upload to both my facebook sim page, and to my twitter page. Let me tell y'all.... sharing my gameplay REALLY helped with the way I wrote everything up!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    @Vihisha - Question. I read an article talking about yard sales. Was wondering what your thoughts were on that? http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/13/city-living-lets-you-run-your-own-yard-sale/
  • Options
    If u would like 2 partake in running a Yard Sale....go right ahead & do that! It's not a feature that is off limits! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Wow!!, I haven't been here for months, as my computer had a major meltdown, it's only been now I could afford to have it all fixed and to get on and find everyone has been very busy!!! I have still got my drifter challenge, I am on house 11, but wanted to check, have they all been revamped now? I don't know whether to start again, I have sort of dropped the ball similar to @MsPrissy88 and although I've still got my story there, when you say revamped, are they already posted? and how do I tell iuf they are original or revamped? So sorry guys, been away for far too long lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Awwww, I just read rules House 001, and it says not to change Windenberg community lots, is this the new rules? cause in my game at House 11, I have already deleted all lots except the ruins, the mansion and the bluffs, as that the original rules? I think I may have to start again, although I can't imagine me deleting all those lots without thinking I should do so? I am so confused :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Wow!!, I haven't been here for months, as my computer had a major meltdown, it's only been now I could afford to have it all fixed and to get on and find everyone has been very busy!!! I have still got my drifter challenge, I am on house 11, but wanted to check, have they all been revamped now? I don't know whether to start again, I have sort of dropped the ball similar to @MsPrissy88 and although I've still got my story there, when you say revamped, are they already posted? and how do I tell iuf they are original or revamped? So sorry guys, been away for far too long lol

Sry 2 hear about your computer...that's frustrating!!

Houses 001-013 have been revamped! I had surgery which really set me back unexpectedly as far as getting them all posted. Houses 20 & 21 r already updated as well since they didn't need "revamping"

As far as continuing your Drifter journey or starting over w/the revamped rules...that's your choice. There r a few ways u can go about changing your save 2 reflect the new changes, but then again your choice on how u wish 2 go about it. Or u can just keep playing w/Windenburg cleared out etc. The new rules will place all challenge lots in either Oasis Springs or Willow Creek. U could just shimmy the Houses you've already done 2 their new lots & then re-place the lots on Windenburg etc. & add in a restaurant. That would give u the basic changes!!
    Here's a link 2 a video I did a little bit ago that will explain what I personally did! youtu.be/FSkL1d3_ymM

I DID, however, ultimately restart my whole Drifter Challenge save/Let's Play...but that was in part 2 an Aging Off snafu & other stuff heh
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell Vi :( I hope everything is going well for you and your recovery has been speedy! Thank you for all the work you have put into this, I feel like I can't play a normal sims game anymore without the challenges, isn't it strange? lol you have created something sooooo ingrained, and given the sims 4 something it needed so much. I'm off to go and have a look at that link, take care everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell Vi :( I hope everything is going well for you and your recovery has been speedy!
    Thank-u so much! So far things r going well & I'm getting back 2 where I feel normal on a day 2 day basis! =)
    Thank you for all the work you have put into this, I feel like I can't play a normal sims game anymore without the challenges, isn't it strange? lol you have created something sooooo ingrained, and given the sims 4 something it needed so much.
    I have a hard time "free" playing as well....I always seem 2 revert 2 playing w/some sort of a challenge as well (more times than not it's "Drifter Style" of some sort) LOL
    I'm so so glad that there r so many people who feel the same way as u about The Drifter Challenge! It's been quite a wild ride! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hiya @Dglbr! Was just catching up, and read about your computer problems. :(:s Don'tcha just "love it" when the thing we ALL love to play on, decides it doesn't want to cooperate anymore?! *she says with dripping sarcasm* I totally understand about not wanting to delete/get rid of your previous "work". However, if you do decide to restart from the very beginning, I think you'll like it! Especially since we can plop a restaurant now, and have our sim actually go there!!! ;) **dating possibilities**
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Hey @MsPrissy88 it set me back especially cause it was so long, but I'm back into it now, I watched Vi's video on what she did to revamp her game and I haven't decided yet. I just love the houses I put so much effort into, still deciding on that one lol. I tried to catch up on everyone but I think I've missed a crucial piece of the puzzle :( is house 24 going to be the last one? I tried to watch Vi's link in that particular post but it was just an introduction to the challenge. Judging from everyone's posts I gather this might be the end which sends my heart into a few palpitations!! Yes, having the restaurant will be exciting, I haven't even played with that side of things yet, and there were a couple of s packs too that I've caught up on which will be great for new content YAY!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    @Dglbr1969 Here's the link 2 the video explaining everything youtu.be/HAHbKAgsI8g but yes...I have decided 2 round out the whole Drifter Challenge w/a total of 24 house mini-challenges & call it a wrap =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    @Vihisha where did you go for the lot random generator?
  • Options
    @Nakendra I literally just counted all the Lot Traits & did a random number generator & counted until I had gotten 2 the corresponding number! I'm hoping someone out there will actually come up w/a Lot Generator..but yeah...that's what I did =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top