Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @BaasPet Absolutely!! I would LOVE 2 b able 2 share The Drifter Challenge w/even more people!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    ^ That's great, thank you. <3
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Let's see if I can manage to catch back up on my commenting. I didn't realize it had been so long since I've hopped over here.

@Rainydayz179 & @misfit091376 Rainy - Your niece's nickname is just too adorable... AlliePooPoo love that. hehe I'll admit there have been countless times these past couple of weeks that I've been tempted to just go back to House 001 and start from scratch. I miss working on the houses at the same times as others. I'm trying to stick it out though. So many new people have started playing lately, that I'm sure they'll catch up to me. I do the same thing in regards to the house threads. When I FINALLY make it to the next thread, I come here, hit the link on the first page, then sub to it, but not before then. I still haven't read ahead.

@Vihisha That's kinda cool that you didn't realize your video was listed on the building tips thread. I thought for sure you knew. :) We've definitely been through a lot together and had so much fun! So for probably the millionth time - thank you once again for creating such an endearing challenge!! All of your hard work is well appreciated!!

@MsPrissy88 I've glad you didn't take down your pics when you were considering it before. I really enjoyed going back and seeing them again. How are you and your Mom?

@Baaspet Welcome to the insanity of the Drifter Challenge!! That is so cool that you're going to share it on with the Dutch community!

Time to hop over to the next thread.
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    I've posted this in the House 1 thread, but I'll post it here too just in case ;) I've just started my own drifter challenge! Check it out!

https://aswiftdrift.wordpress.com/
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @AllieMac There are a bunch working on house 001 lol. BUT, that will keep happening lol. You can't start house 001 every time other people do ;) I did end up reading through all the houses, and I can remember a couple of them (mainly the ones I really want to do lol), but not all of them. I mainly started reading ahead reading yours and @Rainydayz179 's stories lol.
    @AllieMac There are a bunch working on house 001 lol. BUT, that will keep happening lol. You can't start house 001 every time other people do ;) I did end up reading through all the houses, and I can remember a couple of them (mainly the ones I really want to do lol), but not all of them. I mainly started reading ahead reading yours and @Rainydayz179 's stories lol.

The main reason I've been tempted is more about wishing I had done some stuff from the start - like including a photos of the families for each house, a baby photo with the birth certificates since the info gets deleted (like we talked about before), and so I'd have a full family tree. I think my 3rd generation is the start of my tree (I started before they fixed the culling on the trees, etc.) But I just realized that House 001 was my very first Sims 4 build, so it will be really awesome when my map is complete to have my very first build in it. Another reason I don't want to do it, is even though the intention would be to just play an alt save for fun (no story or updates) I know I'd want to show my heir for each house etc, then I'd start lil updates, that would probably turn into stories again, and then I'd be wishing I had written stories all along AND be kicking myself for not sticking with my original. So there's a glimpse into my thought process... no wonder my brain has become mush lately. hehe

ok enough rambling about all that. wish me luck I'm diving into the House 001 thread. 113 post have gone up since my last stop there.

@mojot89 Welcome to the Drifters!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    AllieMac wrote: »

The main reason I've been tempted is more about wishing I had done some stuff from the start - like including a photos of the families for each house, a baby photo with the birth certificates since the info gets deleted (like we talked about before), and so I'd have a full family tree. I think my 3rd generation is the start of my tree (I started before they fixed the culling on the trees, etc.) But I just realized that House 001 was my very first Sims 4 build, so it will be really awesome when my map is complete to have my very first build in it. Another reason I don't want to do it, is even though the intention would be to just play an alt save for fun (no story or updates) I know I'd want to show my heir for each house etc, then I'd start lil updates, that would probably turn into stories again, and then I'd be wishing I had written stories all along AND be kicking myself for not sticking with my original. So there's a glimpse into my thought process... no wonder my brain has become mush lately. hehe

ok enough rambling about all that. wish me luck I'm diving into the House 001 thread. 113 post have gone up since my last stop there.

That would have been cool stuff to do. I know we talked about it, and I had planned on doing that in any new house, but I just never did. That really is cool about your first build. It's nice to look at the different houses we've built, too, and compare from the start to the end. And yes, knowing you, you'll end up doing the stories lol.

I would say good luck, but I've seen you've already been there lol. So, good luck recovering :)
    I think I figured out a solution to fixing my missing stuff. I might do that saved room trick I told you about earlier. go into old saves, use the photo studio to take pics of each generation. hang the pic on a wall, save the room. go back into the real save, open the house, add the save room to the lot, grab my pic(s), hang them in the house, kill the new fake room, and then get out of dodge. Then presto-chango I've got my lil Simmies pics hanging in the houses to be seen waaaay down the road. I bet it wouldn't actually take that long. In fact it would be a good thing to mess with when I'm jonesing to get back in game but behind on my story.

things that make you go hmmmm...

While I let that thought simmer, I do have a technical question that probably pertains to some of the Houses... ( purposely not mentioning which particular Houses to avoid spoilers.)

*calling @Vihisha* Come in Mama Bear.

Is there any ruling on the Book of Life?
    After completely the Author Aspiration you have an option to write a Book of Life. It has two benefits,
    1. Bring back a dead sim (I know this is a big no-no)
    2. Bind the book to a LIVING Sim

Here's what Carl's guide says about it (I didn't bother pasting the portion about using on ghosts since I'm sure it would be prohibited just like using a life potion, etc)..

If The Book of Life is used while the Sim is still alive you can refill their Needs on demand and soothe any negative moods, any time! You may pass this book to a Sim to let them restore their own Needs. Only the Sim that wrote the book may bind it, however, and a Sim may not bind it to themselves. If a couple wanted to have this book for each other, both would need to write the Book of Life, and bind it to the other, thus requiring both to complete the Aspiration.

Figured this is a grey area maybe similar to using potions. It does require you to max the writing skill & finish the Best Selling Aspiration, so I would bet those requirements would limit how many times ppl actually bother to make one, especially since it requires 2 controllable Sims (one to write it & one to use it, since it can't be used by the Sim that wrote the book.)

Hope this made sense. :)

Carl's Sims 4 Writing Skill
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi there gang. Been a long while since I touched base. I have been meaning to get back to Drifting but keep putting it off due to the fact I just don't feel like writing and wrangling with my blog again. Not sure I recall how but I do have notes..thanks again @AllieMac

As far as keeping track of generations. I keep all of mine on Family Echo. It is free and I take their picture when they are YA and keep a family tree. Have been since generation 1. You also have pictures in your blog so you could also just put them all in Word. Of course, I haven't read your previous comments so this might not be something you can do. I guess your blog doesn't start until Generation 3, it that the problem?

Like you said though, you could go into old saves if you still have them and take their picture. I see you have them all in that banner there but I guess not the spouses or the kids. Did you save any of the generations to the gallery?

Either way good luck on that. I wouldn't start over at House 001 but many people do.

Just wanted to add that I keep a tree for just about every single game I play. So, I have pictures of all of them from the time they are created to death LOL...just a little OCD I guess about keeping track of my Sims. :)
    @AllieMac That seems like a lot of work lol, but I bet you're right and it wouldn't take too long. It's actually a really cool idea! If you do it, let me know how it goes!

As far as the book of life, I tend to agree with you. It's similar to potions. We'll see what Mama Bear says :)
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Rainy - Your niece's nickname is just too adorable... AlliePooPoo love that. hehe I'll admit there have been countless times these past couple of weeks that I've been tempted to just go back to House 001 and start from scratch. I miss working on the houses at the same times as others. I'm trying to stick it out though. So many new people have started playing lately, that I'm sure they'll catch up to me. I do the same thing in regards to the house threads. When I FINALLY make it to the next thread, I come here, hit the link on the first page, then sub to it, but not before then. I still haven't read ahead.

Allie hates it when people call her that now. I think she's like 14? She's definitely grown out of it.

I know what you mean about itching to start over in house 001. I have a thought about what I might do when I finish all the houses and go back to 001 but I don't want to say yet in case I chicken out.

As the houses get higher the forum threads are less and less lively. I read the whole 009 thread last week in like an hour. Unfortunately, I'm waiting to hear from someone about some CC tattoos she made but didn't upload anywhere that I REALLY want because surprise surprise I have an actual story planned out for 009! I'm way behind on your and everyone else's blogs right now.
    *calling @Vihisha* Come in Mama Bear.
    Is there any ruling on the Book of Life?
    After completely the Author Aspiration you have an option to write a Book of Life. It has two benefits,
    1. Bring back a dead sim (I know this is a big no-no)
    2. Bind the book to a LIVING Sim
    Figured this is a grey area maybe similar to using potions. It does require you to max the writing skill & finish the Best Selling Aspiration, so I would bet those requirements would limit how many times ppl actually bother to make one, especially since it requires 2 controllable Sims (one to write it & one to use it, since it can't be used by the Sim that wrote the book.)
    Hope this made sense. :)
    Perfect sense....& like u thought....Bringing back a dead Sim or using it on a ghost is a no no...but option #2...if u want 2 do that...you're perfectly ok using it...so as long as it's in a house mini-challenge that u have control of more than 1 Sim....gravy! =)
    As the houses get higher the forum threads are less and less lively. I read the whole 009 thread last week in like an hour. Unfortunately, I'm waiting to hear from someone about some CC tattoos she made but didn't upload anywhere that I REALLY want because surprise surprise I have an actual story planned out for 009! I'm way behind on your and everyone else's blogs right now.
    They really do...but I find so many Drifters get a few houses in & decide they want 2 start over or make multiple saves w/different families (or even the same) 2 c how things play out over & over again...& they don't always catch up 2 the latest released house before start over again.

When I c the inactivity in the higher house mini-challenges I wonder if I should b slowing down releases 4 a while or something....thoughts!?
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I love that new challenges come out once a month. If it is taxing to you though, feel free to reconsider.
    Vihisha wrote: »
    When I c the inactivity in the higher house mini-challenges I wonder if I should b slowing down releases 4 a while or something....thoughts!?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when I catch up and can start doing the houses when they're released. But we all understand that you're a busy mom with a lot on your plate and if someone did say something nasty to you about changing to less often they would have to deal with an angry mob of Drifters! We're all in your corner no matter what you decide to do... and anyone who isn't: angry mob. ;)
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when I catch up and can start doing the houses when they're released. But we all understand that you're a busy mom with a lot on your plate and if someone did say something nasty to you about changing to less often they would have to deal with an angry mob of Drifters! We're all in your corner no matter what you decide to do... and anyone who isn't: angry mob. ;)

yes! This! I've played ahead of my blog, so when I get caught up on the houses, I'll definitely be hanging around! Also, I'll be apart of that angry mob! We've got your back!
    mojot89 wrote: »

yes! This! I've played ahead of my blog, so when I get caught up on the houses, I'll definitely be hanging around! Also, I'll be apart of that angry mob! We've got your back!

Yep, I agree with these two!!

@Rainydayz179 good to see you :)
    @Rainydayz179 good to see you :)

Hey Misfit how's it going? Waiting for a hurricane to hit here but I started the PC back up to get a book off the external so I'll have something to do if we lose electricity. I'm hoping to finish off house 008 soon. I have it all planned out but I'm paranoid about having the computer plugged in during storms. Talk to ya later. You can always get me on Twitter... it goes to my phone not the computer.
    Hey Misfit how's it going? Waiting for a hurricane to hit here but I started the PC back up to get a book off the external so I'll have something to do if we lose electricity. I'm hoping to finish off house 008 soon. I have it all planned out but I'm paranoid about having the computer plugged in during storms. Talk to ya later. You can always get me on Twitter... it goes to my phone not the computer.

I know you probably won't see this for a while, but stay safe in the hurricane! I'm the same way about my computer! See you soon!
    Thank-u all 4 your understanding...it means more than u know =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited September 2016

You have our support. :smiley:
    @Vihisha I'm good with however you want to handle the house releases. If you'd like to slow down to give yourself a change to breath, etc. then by all means go for it! If it's not a strain on you to keep to the monthly schedule and you're still enjoying it, then go for it! In other words, like everyone else, I'm 150% behind whatever works best for you.

@Rainydayz179 I hope all is well in your neck of the woods after last night's storm. (I haven't turned on the news or anything, so no clue if the hurricane made land or not.) Either way, I hope all is well for you!

As far as the Book of Life... thanks for the ruling on that. I'm going to try it and I'll let ya know if it feels too "cheat-y."

Have fun ya'll & happy drifting.

Oh yeah... breadcrumbs to House 06. (figured it's been awhile since I've tossed any from here. :))
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I say if you are getting burnt out and not many people are playing the upper level houses then I would slow down on releases and give yourself a break. Even if people get caught up and they have to wait a couple of months, it allows them to play other challenges and do other things.

I felt like I couldn't get my challenge done in time for the next one to come out, even when I was caught up, because I don't play long hours. It is really nice when other people are playing along with you and if you feel like the struggle is not just yours. Plus, you have others to talk to about it and get ideas and suggestions.

So all that being said: I would slow down since you are a busy person and probably need a break. Otherwise why ask us? LOL. Do what is best for you. As others have said we are all behind you. :)
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I say if you are getting burnt out and not many people are playing the upper level houses then I would slow down on releases and give yourself a break. Even if people get caught up and they have to wait a couple of months, it allows them to play other challenges and do other things.

I felt like I couldn't get my challenge done in time for the next one to come out, even when I was caught up, because I don't play long hours. It is really nice when other people are playing along with you and if you feel like the struggle is not just yours. Plus, you have others to talk to about it and get ideas and suggestions.

So all that being said: I would slow down since you are a busy person and probably need a break. Otherwise why ask us? LOL. Do what is best for you. As others have said we are all behind you. :)

Yes, this :)
    Well seriously guys...you've helped ease my mind a bit! <3 *hugs times a million* Whatever I end up doing...I'll keep ya in the loop!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I cannot find the steampunk house you posted about. Is there a link to it some where?

I am setting up this page as more or less a Table of Contents for all the chapters that will be added. This challenge is set up to be played as a whole, but the beauty of having all the mini-challenges along the way, allows you, the player to pick and choose the house challenges that you would like to attempt if having an ever built upon challenge is too overwhelming or if you are just seeking a quicker challenge.

I will be adding written rules as well as YouTube Let's Play videos which you can access via
    my blog: http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/
    or
    YouTube www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A
    as well as links here on the forums as the mini-challenges are released!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top