Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Hi All, first, I hope everyone had a wonderful Chrissy and New Year, yeah we are into the throws of it already seems like ages ago lol and congrats Glimmer on your beautiful new house, I know how exciting moving can be !

I thought I would post this on the main page, don't wanna give any giveaways, but have reached a glitch in my game (think it bug) and wanted to ask whether anyone else had come across this? When Get Together came out, evicted all the windenberg people and the Villareal family took up house in Willow Creek automatically by the game. Well, down to the last one now, only an elder male left, and when he dies (I have replayed this save to test what might be causing it) it causes me to not be able to save my game with an error Failed to save error 533, I suspect because he is the last of his club, the exception report says cannot asign new leader or something, anyway this kinda stuffs my game until EA fix it, crinrict is looking at it, but I wanted to ask, I have the save where he is still alive, would I be able to go into his house and disband the club before he dies? I know we are not meant to play any other households etc but it makes my game unplayable as I cannot save anywhere past when this bloke dies.

I'm kinda worried for the other clubs now, cause I suspect the same will happen when the last member of that club dies, or whether I just disband them all? I just don't know what to do :(

Anyway, just wondering whether anyone else has this happen. I've been playing since house 008 when Get Together came out and we evicted all the lots and people etc, just that now they're starting to drop off the perch lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2016
    omg I just had that same error today and was reading crinricts post!

Well I only lost 2 sim days and had to replay them ...I took over as the head of the club and made sure to add more club members this time and had no problem saving when I was done playing.

As leader of the club you can add new members, have you tried this Dglbr?
    edited January 2016
    Oh dear, thanks @tammyjo329, my sims aren't even members of any clubs, but it makes me shudder what this has done to the game. There are bound to be others left in groups that pretty soon the last member will die and pooff, there goes our games again, ugh.

That sounds like a good idea, but it's just whether there is time to meet him, befriend him, become a member and take over leadership before he dies lol, bet EA never saw this one coming

Just a though, does the game auto generate any clubs? or is it just ones in the game already? When they die out what happens? no clubs?

And as leader, I can disband a club? but then the club is no more? or do you retire from being leader or something?

Sorry, just haven't delved that far into the club thing
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This new error sounds like a mess. I guess if you don't play with the clubs and they die off, you can't save the game? I wonder if you delete them all what happens? I would think the game would auto generate club members of existing clubs. If not, then we have to make sure that the clubs have members? Sounds like a lot to keep up with. This does have me worried. I don't think I am buying anything else until they fix this bug.
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey guys a new Chapter is up on my blog for The McKenna Legacy. Go check it out!
    The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.2 Friends are all you got
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    Welcome Simmer PT :) I haven't gotten so far as to upload stories, still a bit green there, but I do create them for myself in word, to keep track, maybe one day I'll upload lol

Yeah @Glimmer50 it really has caused a mess for me. The last save I had was only an hour or so before this Max leader died, and although I did make it to be leader and get him to resign (all around midnight lol) as soon as I turned aging on again, I couldn't save. There may be more associated with this, but it did happen again a few days later, the fix at the moment is to move them out and back in again. Not ideal let me tell you, the last time I did that I lost 1500 simoleans and 2 promotions, which as you know is tough in this challenge, but there is no other option atm :(

On a lighter note, I am absolutely having a ball, house 9 and my best story ever, so ...

Happy Drifting Everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @Dglbr1969 thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't posted here at the forums for a while! I do sometimes post some updates for my Drifter Challenge Let's Play. I would love to read your stories. I get so inspired reading other people's adventures, especially if it's the Drifter Challenge.
    Sad your game is giving you trouble. I experienced something similar the other day on my Rosebud save. It didn't let me save any way I tried. I can't remember the error name, I just know I lost 2 sim days in gameplay.

@Glimmer50 Your house looks wonderful. I wish I could live in a place like that.

Happy Drifting!
    cpbbxqP.png
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Glimmer50 What a beautiful house...I LOVE the front entrance & that kitchen :smiley:
    That lake & fountain <3 so wonderful!! U should make a Sim version on the house!! hee hee

@Dglbr1969 What the heck?! I hope they fix that soon...could b an issue in ANYONE'S game...not just Drifters ><
    I know if u delete the residents in Windenburg that the clubs there cease 2 b...that's why I advised 2 NOT delete the residents. I can't imagine that they intended 4 the clubs 2 "die out" literally like that. I haven't experienced this error yet..but it seems like ya'll r not the only 1's. 4 now..do what u need 2 do 2 keep things being able 2 save...until EA/Maxis has a fix...I don't want any of u losing your hard earned progress!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks Vi ! At least if other Drifters see this post and the same happens to them they won't freak out, people are looking at into it, just no fix yet

Yeah atm, I have managed to save successfully after the last move out/move in, so fingers crossed it will stay that way. The other clubs are still going (can see them in the list) but have no idea how many members are still alive lol, but they are all getting older. The move in/move out doesn't worry me, but the loss of money does lol, but so far so good :) and am having a blast as always. Don't worry, I am very protective of my Drifters, and I won't let a bug like this ruin my game, I'll stop if it gets too bad, but for now ....

Happy Drifting Everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited January 2016
    @Dlgbr1969 I really appreciate the heads up as it's not something I have experienced in my game play yet....hope they have it all fixed up before my game gets 2 that point heh. If u need 2 cheat money back in 4 your Sims due 2 moving in & out..feel free 2 do that...u should not b penalized 4 something like this that's out of your control -k-
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I think the game is supposed to auto generate club members. My first experience with clubs was to create my own club you then can add members easily. I only got the error this one time and it was in one of the Windenburg existing clubs, and the first time I tried out one of the existing clubs.
    Thanks @Vihisha , but even so, I'd rather not, they are going ok with money, and I've only had it one more time and got out of game and reloaded previous save and everything was ok. Weird. Also thanks @tammyjo329 - funny you should say that cause for the first time ever, (cause my man is the leader of the Renegades now lol) he had a phone call out of the blue from a sim wanting to join the club, which I said yes to, so maybe there was a glitch with that one bloke Max, I don't know :confused: Anyway,all is going good atm :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I think the game is supposed to auto generate club members.
    This is how I understood that it was going 2 work...so I'm quite surprised @ all the issues that have cropped up yanno?!
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Thanks @Vihisha , but even so, I'd rather not, they are going ok with money, and I've only had it one more time and got out of game and reloaded previous save and everything was ok.
    Fair nuff! Just letting u know that if it drains your account THAT much, I wouldn't consider that a fail since it's something we can't control.
    That naughty Max kid LMAO :wink:
    Hope they fix it soon tho...don't want this being an issue 4 anyone!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I think the game is supposed to auto generate club members.
    This is how I understood that it was going 2 work...so I'm quite surprised @ all the issues that have cropped up yanno?!
    Thanks @Vihisha , but even so, I'd rather not, they are going ok with money, and I've only had it one more time and got out of game and reloaded previous save and everything was ok.
    Fair nuff! Just letting u know that if it drains your account THAT much, I wouldn't consider that a fail since it's something we can't control.
    That naughty Max kid LMAO :wink:
    Hope they fix it soon tho...don't want this being an issue 4 anyone!

In my little knowledge of clubs what I did learned is that those pre-made clubs don't last forever. An example I had was the "League of Adventurers". When I tried one of my kids enter the club, it wasn't showing anywere, so I went to investigate. The pre-made child sims that were in the club were now teens, so because the club only allowed children in the club, when they aged up it ceased to exist. Also another fact about clubs I learned over at The Sims Community is that the game will auto-generate clubs if you have less than the 13 original pre-made ones. The Clubs generated can be: book club, bear club, painting club, alien club, among others.
    cpbbxqP.png
    OH wow that is so good to know! yeah I hadn't seen the Adventurer Club around and never thought about it, lucky my game has been going ok, but it feels a bit like sims 3 where every time I save I am cringing lol, it's happened only once since, so I'm really not sure on what is going on, I can't remember whether that was the only club that was "invite only" I don't know, clutching at straws at this point, good to know about the clubs though, I don't supposed you would have a link @SimmerPT ? I'd love to have a read about that.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Well it happened to me again today... and it was not my club that was down to 1 member, but 3 of the other game generated clubs... I think I am gonna wait a few days or maybe upto a week to see if we get an update anytime soon that might fix this.
    Oh no @tammyjo329 :( were all 3 clubs down to one member? I hope we aren't waiting long for a fix, but I'm not sure EA have even acknowledged that there's a problem, although crinrict has a page on it, I'll hunt it down and post a link, you guys might wanna hit "me too"
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    SimmerPT wrote: »
    In my little knowledge of clubs what I did learned is that those pre-made clubs don't last forever. Also another fact about clubs I learned over at The Sims Community is that the game will auto-generate clubs if you have less than the 13 original pre-made ones. The Clubs generated can be: book club, bear club, painting club, alien club, among others.
    Well that's good 2 know...in my play testing the clubs that were deleted stayed that way & didn't regenerate...I wonder how many Sim days it is supposed 2 take...maybe I just didn't wait long enough. If that's the case...then there is no reason 2 preserve the clubs in the 1st place (all Windenburg residents can b deleted then) Especially if clubs have a potential 2 cease 2 exist.... Hmmm...won't b able 2 add the club aspect into the Drifter Challenge the way I had future planned...but have no fear..I WILL come up w/something!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-REQUEST-Save-Error-533/m-p/5074364#M63081

Here you go guys, hit me too and maybe EA will take notice
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited January 2016
    Hi Vi, I think what SimmerPT means is the game autogenerates them but once one has died out that one is gone forever. I'm going to try and do some research see what I can find out.

Oh, and out of curiosity @tammjoy329 were the clubs the originals that shipped with the game, or newly generated ones?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Hi Vi, I think what SimmerPT means is the game autogenerates them but once one has died out that one is gone forever. I'm going to try and do some research see what I can find out.

Oooooh ok!! Gotcha!! It's been a LOOONG day..I'm not surprised I flubbed that up :blush:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Dglbr1969 THX 4 the link 2 Crinrict's page about it!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Well it happened to me again today... and it was not my club that was down to 1 member, but 3 of the other game generated clubs... I think I am gonna wait a few days or maybe upto a week to see if we get an update anytime soon that might fix this.

Updates USUALLY come in on Thursdays...& there wasn't 1 today :neutral: I do hope they fix whatever is causing this asap tho!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Found this on Sims VIP

quote:

From a new save file, your game will have a default list of Clubs for your Sims to join. If the amount of clubs in the world drops below ten, the game will generate and populate new ones from a list of pre-built templates with available unplayed Sims that match the criteria. Below is a complete list of Pre-made Club Templates.

so, I guess, maybe they the originals can regenerate? I guess they are from a "template"??

Here's a link if you wanna loooooooong read lol

http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited January 2016
    @Dglbr1969 Ooooh if they can...woot!! I'll have read this...thank-u so much 4 the link 2 the info!! I'm glad 2 know now that the game will auto-generate etc. I think I will b leaving in the rules 2 leave Windenburg residents alone so that clubs will b a thing from day 1 & Drifters won't have 2 wait 4 the game 2 generate them tho :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top