Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!! :smiley:
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Glimmer50 Merry Christmas & cheers 2 a Happy New Year as well, my dear *hugs*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Merry Christmas @Glimmer!! How's everything?? Have you been able to sell your house yet?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    OMG you guys!!! I went to have Brandon go "eat the cake" and HE got devoured! I was like, awwww *heck nooooo*! I quickly exited out of my game and did NOT save!! Ain't no way I'm gonna lose this challenge! ha ha

(if any of you watched my last two "breaking news" videos, you can understand why I did the above)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    OMG you guys!!! I went to have Brandon go "eat the cake" and HE got devoured! I was like, awwww *heck nooooo*! I quickly exited out of my game and did NOT save!! Ain't no way I'm gonna lose this challenge! ha ha
    Tisk Tisk @MsPrissy88 >:) U crack me up!
    Keep track of those deaths & potions...I want a count when u finish this house mini-challenge -k-

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Tisk Tisk @MsPrissy88 >:) U crack me up!
    Keep track of those deaths & potions...I want a count when u finish this house mini-challenge -k-

How 'bout some even better news, @Vi?! I GOT ALL 5 POTIONS!!!! woohooooooo!! ha ha

Ok - here's what I got in potions:

3 Energy
    2 Life (one is Victor's, the other is Leanne's)
    1 Focus
    1 Sadness
    1 Playfulness

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I can finally move on to House 4!!! Yes, Brandon will be aging up in a matter of **hours**.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 003!!! THX 4 the list @MsPrissy88 I'll add those 2 the running tally :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 003!!! THX 4 the list @MsPrissy88 I'll add those 2 the running tally :smiley:

Thank you thank you!! I did forget to mention that I had 2 deaths.... Victor & Leanne. (hence their life potions)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited December 2015
    Thank you thank you!! I did forget to mention that I had 2 deaths.... Victor & Leanne. (hence their life potions)

I didn't know WHO died...but those Life potions told me the Cow Plant struck again! >:)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Greetings Everyone... *waves to all*

So! After "losing" what I had edited of some of my Let's Play videos, I went back re-edited the last three I had had already done, and have now started editing some of the videos I had recorded on New Year's day. I have 3 more to edit, and then HOPEFULLY - if I still have enough time today - start uploading at least one of them.

Confused? ha ha Sorry.

Ok. Back on December 29th, I had recorded 6 videos. But only 3 had gotten uploaded. I was going to upload the other 3 yesterday, but that's when I had noticed that they were gone. (re-editing began) This morning, when I got up, I started editing the videos I recorded on January 1st. I just have 3 more videos to edit, and, like I said, if there is still time later, I am hoping to try and upload at least one of them.

Have a good day, y'all!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday and are anxious to get back to the daily grind we call LIFE. I realize it's a slow process, but we must put away all festivities and just do it. (unless the festivities are in your game. then I say.... go for it!! ha ha) Any way.... I know it will take most of the night, tonight, but I have started to upload another video for House 4! I'll let y'all know when it's finished.

HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT!! B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    BREADCRUMBS! WHO WANTS THEIR DAILY BREADCRUMBS?!

Please follow the trail I left to another fun adventure over in House 4..........
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone, I haven't commented for ages, but I am still playing the challenge. I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had a lot of time to catch up on reading, but I did read somewhere that @MsPrissy88 had computer problems, so sorry to hear but I'm glad you are up and running again :smiley:

Although I have been busy, I have been a little slack too, the main reason I wanted to make special effort to come and comment here is I wanted to thank @Vihisha , I had never even checked before, but I noticed today that Vi has left a beautiful comment on every single one of my houses, which really touched my heart and told me that this woman is, indeed, an angel and I felt so warmed by that. I also know, that having said that, she would have commented on all of ours, WOW. That is dedication to the challenge and all of us :cry:

I am speechless ... just wanted to say a BIG Thank You Vi, for all the effort you put into this challenge, and us, you are truly awesome (and I can't find a thumbs up smiley so ... BIG THUMBS UP xx

P.S. Happy Drifting Everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Oh, and Grats @MsPrissy88 for getting all the potions, luckily,or unluckily (ugh that doesn't look right but you get my drift..) I didn't have any deaths, but I remember that was a really tough challenge for me :lol:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited January 2016
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Although I have been busy, I have been a little slack too, the main reason I wanted to make special effort to come and comment here is I wanted to thank @Vihisha , I had never even checked before, but I noticed today that Vi has left a beautiful comment on every single one of my houses, which really touched my heart and told me that this woman is, indeed, an angel and I felt so warmed by that. I also know, that having said that, she would have commented on all of ours, WOW. That is dedication to the challenge and all of us :cry:
    I am speechless ... just wanted to say a BIG Thank You Vi, for all the effort you put into this challenge, and us, you are truly awesome (and I can't find a thumbs up smiley so ... BIG THUMBS UP xx

U r quite welcome, my dear!! :smiley:
    I really do try & leave comments 4 all Drifters when they complete a house mini-challenge or on their wonderful creations that they have decided 2 share w/the community
    I truly & honestly do enjoy supporting each & every one of u! U ALL make The Drifter Challenge a very special part of my gaming experience & I'm so very happy that so many people r enjoying it. I get invested in each 1 of your journeys & sometimes into your real life. SUCH a wonderful community here! I don't do these things 2 so I will get noticed...but @Dglbr1969 it sure is nice 2 know my efforts DO get noticed! :blush:
    Happy Simming....Happy Drifting...& Hugs times a million!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • somebodysangelsomebodysangel Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2016
    Inspired by @xoxJennxox , I have started this challenge. First post is up now, on my blog, sachallenges.wordpress.com.
    @somebodysangel that is soooo cool!!! :smiley: I shall add your blog 2 the list on House 001 thread! Happy Drifting!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello All!! <3 I am finally able to have a little time to say hello. Been really busy. To keep a very long story short. We sold our old house all cash, 2 weeks to close...yayyy...then we bought a house in a resort community...my dream home...yayyy....I have filled out and signed so much paperwork that it is crazy.

I also looked for a job, took their test and passed it and am now waiting to be interviewed. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I feel like I have been gone from the Sims forever. Of course, the fun is not over yet. We move into our new house on Feb 13th which is a Saturday but they won't deliver our furniture until Monday because it costs extra and we have no extra right now. But we don't have to leave temporary housing until the 14th so we will spend one night on the floor with no cable...Then hopefully the next day all our furniture and cable will show up. Then I will finally be home again and can get started on drifting.

Right now, I can't get into playing anything. I try here and there but it hard to relax with so much going on. I am excited about the house though. It is really nice and I can't wait to move into it. We submitted all our paperwork today and they are sending the whole thing to underwriting. We get to tour the house again on Wednesday for the inspection and walk through. Also the house is brand new and it is so nice. It is bigger than we thought we would get. But what the heck, we can afford it ...just barely. But once I get a job it will be easily affordable.

So, just wanted to let everyone know I am not dead or anything but in South Carolina, signing my life away. Every day there has been something going on so busy busy.

I have been trying to read some stories but have only made it to House 004. Happy Simming everyone!! Hopefully soon I can get back into drifting. I really do miss it. :)
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey Drifters!

I just started blogging and my first story is up on my blog. It is called The Mckenna Legacy: A Drifter story
    If you would like to read it you can go here
    It tells the story of my Drifter Challenge founder Zuri McKenna, who starts a new life in the city of Oasis Springs.
    Hope you guys like it. Will be uploading regularly hopefully (at least 1 post/week).

cpbbxqP.png

Love you all Drifters!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Hello All!! <3 I am finally able to have a little time to say hello. Been really busy. To keep a very long story short. We sold our old house all cash, 2 weeks to close...yayyy...then we bought a house in a resort community...my dream home...yayyy....I have filled out and signed so much paperwork that it is crazy.
    That is soooo awesome!! I'm so excited 4 u & your family!!! Good luck on your interview...I'm rooting 4 ya!! What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift you're getting this year....2016 sounds like it's gonna' b great!!! THX so much 4 sharing all the news *hugs times a million*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @GLIMMER!! -- That is such aweSIM news!! I'm so happy for you. *squeeeee* ha ha We miss you around here, but trust me, I do know what it's like to have so much going on in your life right now. Whenever you might get the chance, can you take a picture of your house and give us a sneaky peek?? I agree with @Vi. This is a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for both you and your family. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hey guys thanks for the congrats!! Here are some pictures: We also have two trees in the front yard, both maple. One is on the left that you can't see and one is on the right that you can't see. One other thing is that the back yard is flat but then part of it goes up a hill which I am not crazy about but we told them they have to put in drain pipes for any water that might come down the hill and once they put in the fence, it will be total privacy. No one will be able to see in. We also own two HUGE pine trees. I love them but not sure what kind of maintenance they might require.

Front:
    uuF97IB.jpg

Porch:
    wOxsRzl.jpg

Front Door:
    bQl0Z2c.jpg

Living room shot from front door:
    JpQclba.jpg

Kitchen (You can also make out the dining room)
    v1rbvTZ.jpg

I love these doors. They are all over the house:
    blX8ba8.jpg

Master bath: (I kind of wish the counters were granite like the kitchen but I still think they are nice)
    F7owKyO.jpg

Bonus room:
    1B9zk0S.jpg

Back yard- This porch is now screened in:
    5jeCuXS.jpg

Fountain at the entrance: I love this fountain
    f03Aadr.jpg

The lake:
    CnACU3r.jpg

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Congrats Glimmer! Your new house looks awesome :) hope to see you back drifting soon! Enjoy your new home!
    @Glimmer - All I can say is ..... WOW!!! I am loving that view of the lake. AND the fountain! Thanks for sharing. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Thanks guys. :) Yeah I love the house. <3 It was a little pricey but I am 56 years old..not getting no younger so even though it will be a little tight in the beginning, it will be worth it to get what we want. Once I start working it will be much easier then.

I don't think I can feel totally comfortable playing until we get settled. I am at a chair with no arm supports and it hurts my shoulder if I sit here to long. I will be glad to have my desk and computer chair back.

Yeah I love the lake and the fountain is just spectacular. I can't wait to move into the house and get settled. I feel so out of sorts living in this apartment. Well, Happy Drifting everyone. Have fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top