Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RIP Leonard Nimoy

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
This is a really sad day for me. Star Trek has been THE major influence in my life. And Leonard Nimoy played the character that I loved the most. I cannot fully express my sadness.

Live long and prosper.
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Oh no :( not Mr Spock! It is defiantly a sad time!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Indeed . That dude was legit . Im gonna watch Trek III in honor of his death
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    That is so sad. RIP.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I fell in love with Spock when Star Trek first aired. I was 10. When I saw Wrath of Khan in the theater, 16 years later, I cried so hard when Spock died at the end that people turned around to stare. 33 years later I'm sitting here crying my eyes out. :'(

Farewell, Mr. Nimoy. You lived long and prospered. Your iconic character will always be with us.
  • Options
    DrCuboidDrCuboid Posts: 59 Member
    So sad, he was a great man, I didn't see Star Trek but at least he lived long and prospered.
    My wishlist.

Currently working on Steampunk Savvy and would love some new male haircuts.

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited February 2015
    I feel this is relevant now that our dear Spock had passed.. :cry:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9_8nY_LQL3w

Live long and prosper, Nimoy we of the planet Earth will forever remember you for generations to come. And for that we all hope that you'll live long and prosper into the heavens above.. R.I.P.
    Post edited by COOLGAME8013 on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2015
    I loved Star Trek from the moment it first showed on TV. Loved Kirk at first but ended up loving Spock more.

RIP
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Live long and prosper. It's the end of an era...I'm off to watch trouble with tribbles now :) (Tribbles are just too cute!)
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited February 2015
    2464dbc.jpg

This is how I love to remember Spock with the whole crew at his post getting ready for a new adventure and voyage to the unknown,watched this show when I was little and always loved the original show the best. Leonard Nimoy,made us love Spock and nobody can bring to the character what he could with quite the same effect that he accomplished,he will be greatly missed by all.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    CrimsonPlumbobCrimsonPlumbob Posts: 60 Member
    RIP Leonard Nimoy. :(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited February 2015
    Rest in Peace,
    great man who played a great character.
    I was actually planning to start watching Star Trek today but I decided to check news first and then saw this article about Leonard Nimoy passing away. What a coincidence...

//By the way, Spock was actually the first character who I tried to create in Sims.
    8e5f7607-d7e2-4c26-91c5-f4dd92e48125_zpsgbfhtf3i.png
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i watched a documentary or interview where he said that he was most proud of influencing kids to become interested in science... and it was very humbling for him to talk to fans who grew up to become scientists and physicians who credited his character for that direction for their lives. i thought that was extremely cool of him.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I used to watch Star Trek with my Dad as a child, Spock was our favourite character. A sad day indeed.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy...
    Your entertainment and legacy shall not be forgotten
    pity Sims didnt release Star Trek costumes aswell...

'Tis a sad day indeed.
    and your quotes shall live on till the ends of time.
    "Live long and prosper"

"The needs of the Many outweigh the needs of the few"

and once more...
    your death shall be outplayed by that timeless saying
    by your Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner)

621_356_star_trek_ii_wrath_of_khan1.jpg
    khan.gif

KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Also the fact that he dumped his wife of 33 years for a younger woman....yeah, I remember him for that.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wrong forum.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Also the fact that he dumped his wife of 33 years for a younger woman....yeah, I remember him for that.

"Dumped" is a little harsh... His new wife was only 12 years younger than him, which isn't a lot.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

"Dumped" is a little harsh... His new wife was only 12 years younger than him, which isn't a lot.

No, I don't think it's that harsh. She never saw it coming. I used to admire the man until he did that. I admire Spock, mind you. Spock was a great character...but I just don't admire the actor. I still remember when that happened. The New York Times did his obituary today. They mentioned the divorce, but not the facts behind it.

I guess I just feel it more because I was reading some articles about the late first Mrs. Nimoy (Yes, she has long since gone on to her Greater Reward). She never remarried. I think that speaks volumes, but then I can identify with her having gone through it myself. I guess that's why I'm not really upset at his passing. Zach Quinto, bless his little heart, will never be Mr. Spock. That honor is solely reserved solely for Leonard Nimoy. That's the one thing I will miss...but I can watch Spock on Netflix because they show the original series on there.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    You've probably already seen it @Simgurubchick, but I found this rather beautiful. Leonard's last tweet:

'A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP'
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    You've probably already seen it @Simgurubchick, but I found this rather beautiful. Leonard's last tweet:

'A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP'

What a beautiful tweet.

He was a very talented man. Isn't it odd how you don't realise how old people are? I mean obviously when you think about it but especially with actors they become sort of timeless when they are a beloved character. They will always be held in your memory and I find that really lovely. As a fan of old cinema and tv I find comfort in that.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)

Yes, I saw that and it made me smile through the tears. He may not have been a perfect man, but then who is perfect? No matter his personal life may have held, his influence on so many people cannot be denied.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Rip spock spoke u will be missed :'(
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Rip spock spoke u will be missed :'(

Indeed let us remember him for that and well not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_duzQzS1I