Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was bon voyage?

What was bad abut bon voyage? I read a lot of complait and have not play it so I looked on the internet and the description of the game is similar to world adventure. Can someone tell me more (?

Comments

• SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bon Voyage was great it let sims go on camping trips and to the beach.It let them go on tours(unforutunly thou they'd leave on the helicopter and come back in an hour)search for shells,wave watch,build suncastles,hunt for treasure,relax on hammocks,sleep in tents and there was also an oriental place.The only thing I hated about bonvoyage was the loading screen and it introduced securom.I still enjoy taking my sims on vacation in the sims 2 thou some people said it got boring.
  • GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks I saw screenshot there is japan right they have yukata might give it a shot while waiting :mrgreen:
  • SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, Bon Voyage had a japanese style location. There were three places you could go, the asian style location, mountainous/camping style, and beach location.

You could even buy a vacation house there, buy souveniers, learn local gestures (such as bowing in the asian style). I thought it was quite fun.
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, but so far, based on the
    interview with one of the developers
    of World Adventure, Bon Voyage is
    really different from this new EP.
  • SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ceeecee3 wrote:
    Yeah, but so far, based on the
    interview with one of the developers
    of World Adventure, Bon Voyage is
    really different from this new EP.

This is true. But the OP was specifically asking about Bon Voyage and what it was like. He says he might get Bon Voyage for TS2 while waiting on World Adventure to come out.
  • SPARTAN_GUNNERSPARTAN_GUNNER Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i wouldnt get bon voyage if your waiting for world adventures. after i played the sims 3 and went on the sims 2 i hated it because of the loading screens and it really lagged my laptop down more with its loading screen based gameplay compared to sims 3 open area. whilst it will add loads of items to your gameplay and it is really cheap, (in britain its only £8!) sims 3 has just made too many advances for me to go back to it. u might feel different but the only thing i like about the sims 2 at the moment is the the stupid items. (cow plant, army assault course, grim reapers phone etc: anything that could let me make an evil lab, muahahaha!!!)
  • simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Something like a vacation EP :!: Now Adventure is more like an all out tombraider based, or an Acrhaeological dig. When I read the news feed for Adventure, I saw nothing on there that mention going on vacation. But it does mention adventure several time. As I had mentioned several times be for, this sounds more like an explore based. Not a vacation, not that vacation was bad. I had fun on vacation, especially when I was still trying to dig all the maps to all the hidden spots in vacation. :!: :D