Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's More Important?

Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Toddlers, Open World, or Create A Style/Color Wheel returning to the Sims 4?
ETA: I knew there was one huge feature I was forgetting. Add Story Progression to the list.

Rate in order of importance to you.

For me it would be:
1. Create A Style
2. Toddlers
3. Open World
4. Story Progression

Comments

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    1. CAS
    2. Open World
    3. Toddlers
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    1. Open Worlds
    2. Toddlers
    3. CAS
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I don't really care about any of those things, but here is mine

#1: Toddlers

I really don't want the others to return at all and I don't really mind if toddlers come back or not.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    It will take a lot more than toddlers and CAS to fix this game and open world won't return to Sims 4 unless they make a new base game. With that said, I'm ranking this without consideration of Sims 4....

1. Open World
    2. CAS
    3. Toddlers
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2015
    1. Toddlers
    2. Story Progression
    3. Open World
    4. Create-a-Style

It's true that open world won't return but I've also lost hope on toddlers... So that is my dream list.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    It will take a lot more than toddlers and CAS to fix this game and open world won't return to Sims 4 unless they make a new base game. With that said, I'm ranking this without consideration of Sims 4....

1. Open World
    2. CAS
    3. Toddlers

I agree with this from start to finish, including the ranking of what is important to me-

1. Open World
    2. Create A Style
    3. Toddlers
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    1. Story Progression
    2. Toddlers
    3. Open World
    4. CaS
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    1. Toddlers
    2. CaS
    3. Open World
    4. Story Progression

Actually apart from toddlers, the other 3 things aren't that important to me, I would rather have other things. And I would be happy with just open neighbourhoods.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    1. CAS
    2. Open world
    3. Toddlers
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't really care that much about toddlers, and I'm fine with no open world, but

Some sort of color selection that's more efficient than create a style
    then (optional) story progression

I'm still having fun without them of course, but having them would be cool
    Post edited by jsn on
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    1. Toddlers
    2. Story Progression
    3. Open World
    4. CAS
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Toddlers
    2. Create A Style

Story Progression is not my style I want to be in total control and Open World not interested maybe open Neighborhoods but even that if it caused Sims 3 like crashes I'd pass.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kay_blogskay_blogs Posts: 67 Member
    Story Progression

I don't miss open world or the colour wheel now. I like the simplification. Toddlers should come back, but only cause everyone keeps talking about it. It's like pools; I didn't care when they weren't in the game, and I don't really care that they are back. But if it makes people happy, put the toddlers back in!
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    1. Story Progression
    2. Toddlers
    3. Open World
    4. CAS
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    1. Story Progression
    2. Create A Style
    3. Open World
    4. Toddlers

I would love some more story progression like what the nraas mod gave us in TS3.
    Nothing matches in the game. We need CASt similar to TS3.
    I don't miss open world. The loading screens are faster then traveling across town with a car, scooter or bike.
    Never really played with toddlers without cheating their needs to skill them and then I aged them up early.

The game is good without theses things. Not getting these things will not keep me from playing. It will only get better with more GPs and EPs.

What the game needs before any more content is bug fixes. I think I spend more time fixing the game (so my Sims can eat and travel) than actually playing. I can't play the game the way I want to play (rotational) and the game totally bugs out after 4 generations. There are game breaking glitches that force me to play a certain way.
  • AkirukaAkiruka Posts: 47 Member
    Well, for me personally, i only really care about Create a style/color wheel, but since you asked, here's my list in order of priority.

1. Create a style/color wheel
    2. Open World(i would rather have bigger worlds with more lots and no restriction on lot sizes/placement though)
    3. Toddlers(i never really played with toddlers, but....)
    4. Story Progression(I actually don't miss this at all, i always had it turned off)
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    1. Semi-open world (load 1 neighbourhood at a time, eg: my house and neighbours, ~5 lots)
    2. Toddlers
    3. Matching furniture (CASt is too much, I just want all my furniture to have matching shades - same green, same white, same purple, etc)
    4. Story progression (for households I've never played only)
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited February 2015
    1) CASt
    2) I don't believe open world is doable and I'm ok with this but they REALLY need to scale back the loading screens - specifically remove from neighborhood blocks (going between major sections is fine) and peel them off the community lot block totally so you can freely move between those 4 lots.
    3) Story Progression would be nice to see come back
    4) Toddlers - on a personal level, don't care but I still believe they should return as this is just a base part of the cycle overall and would really make the family play folks happy
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    1. I.
    2. Want.
    3. IT.
    4. All.
    giphy.gif

• EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    1. Story Progression. :D
    2. Create-A-Style. :#
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    1 story progression
    2 open world
    3 Todds
    4 CASt
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    1. Create A Style
    2. Toddlers
    3. Open World
    4. Story Progression
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    1.) Toddlers.

2.) Open Worlds: At least allow us to be able to visit stuff that is in our "space" without a loading screen. Like be able to visit a neighbors house, or a shop, or cafe/other community lot. But when we need to go somewhere further away, have a loading screen.

The other two, I don't care about. Sure, I'd like more pattern choices. So something like CAST would be nice, but it's not on my important list. Also story progression. I never liked it. Every time I'd play a new family, my favorite (main families) would get married to someone random, and start having a family with them.. and I liked my Sims to be with other Sims I've created, not EAxis townies, etc.

So, if they bring story progression back, I'd like for it to be an option to be turned off for certain families, or have a LOT of options for it.. like "they can advance in their careers, but they can't get married, or have children, etc",

Some story progression would be okay, so I'll say Story progression can be #3 for me. (:
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2015

2.) Open Worlds: At least allow us to be able to visit stuff that is in our "space" without a loading screen. Like be able to visit a neighbors house, or a shop, or cafe/other community lot. But when we need to go somewhere further away, have a loading screen.

My idea for an Alternative to a totally open world would be:
    Keep all Lots in which your own household members are currently located in memory and simulate them simultaneously (and allow hot-switching between them)

So, lets say you have household members in Lot A, B and C ...
    you have only the focus on one lot, but all Sims on all 3 lots will get simulated at the same time (with only the selected lot getting simulated with graphics, all others just within the CPU/memory). You can, at each time, switch between your household members in each of the lots and assign them new queued actions and so on (with them actually performing these actions when you switch to another lot, unlike it is now, where your queued actions are for naught as soon as you leave the lot)

This way you would always have an optimum continuity for all members of your household, while at the same time it would require less resource (and be less prone to bugs) as a totally open world in TS 3 style.
    (unfortunately I suspect that we will get neither a (partially or totally) open world or the mechanic that I just suggested, as I suspect that this would require considerable reprogramming of parts of the game engine)

(I see better chances for story progression to finally get implemented however)
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    For me...

1) Story Progression
    2) Toddlers
    3) Create a Style
    4) Open World

Open World is definitely not a priority for me, I don't mind loading screens at all... and it takes me back to TS/TS2 days.
    Create a Style was a nice feature in The Sims 3, but I can do without it.
    Toddlers are like a missing link, it's a bit strange watching a baby just morph into a child so suddenly.
    Story Progression...such a big thing for The Sims 3, so I do miss the aspect of Sims just getting on with their own lives whilst you're not playing them instead of just aging. Although, at least they are aging, that would have been a massive step backwards if they didn't.