Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Andygal wrote: »
    Yeah somebody needs to do this experiment with Sims 3, stat, to prove the point.

I would love to see the comparisons. Sims 2 as well?

Why does everyone need to 'prove' something. That's why all those 'comparison' threads get out of hand. I'm a Sims 4 lover and I'd be the first one to admit the emotions are plum. :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Andygal wrote: »
    Yeah somebody needs to do this experiment with Sims 3, stat, to prove the point.

I would love to see the comparisons. Sims 2 as well?

Why does everyone need to 'prove' something. That's why all those 'comparison' threads get out of hand. I'm a Sims 4 lover and I'd be the first one to admit the emotions are plum. :)

I don't think she needs proof. She probably just knows that Sims 2 sims would react more and wants to know to what extent )
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Give us a bit @brainybee , and I'll screen grab the stats
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    Great! What town in 3 do you want me to use?
  • Options
    In the interest of "science" I will try to be as accurate at recreating the situations as possible.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Well this is going to be very interesting.
    This thread just speaks absolute volumes of whats wrong with the 'emotion' feature of the game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    In the interest of "science" I will try to be as accurate at recreating the situations as possible.

I'm waiting with bated breath. I can't wait to see what hilarity comes of this experiment! :D
  • Options
    Here is Cecil "Mr. Sausages" Sausages
    sausageStats.jpg

I'll do the others now

• Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Can I try that in 2?

Do it!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Do it @bobyo2001‌ :)

@SimGuruDaniel‌ says he's looking into it with the team in response to @kimjo313 wall post :)
  • Options

@SimGuruDaniel‌ says he's looking into it with the team in response to @kimjo313 wall post :)

Maybe I've hit a whole new wall of pessimism, but I don't find this instills a lot of confidence, given the silence on so many issues. :/
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    It looks like you were in Willow Creek @EmberDahl? Do you guys think Twinbrook would be a good similar place to set our experiment then?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

Maybe I've hit a whole new wall of pessimism, but I don't find this instills a lot of confidence, given the silence on so many issues. :/

I think it's fatigue for those of us who have been asking for better. There's only so much we are listening that you can hear without real answers or signs that it's happening. We all get days when we find it hard to believe.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    It looks like you were in Willow Creek @EmberDahl? Do you guys think Twinbrook would be a good similar place to set our experiment then?
    Yeah they're pretty similar. I'll do mine in Desiderata Valley.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Seriously, how many months it took to realize this? We will see how they work on "Emotions" in the next year. If they do.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »

Seriously, how many months it took to realize this? We will see how they work on "Emotions" in the next year. If they do.

Well, that, and this only scrapes the surface of whats wrong with the game -- but given that this is the feature they advertise that is supposed to sell it, it's amazing that it takes something like this for it to even be considered that *maybe* it's not functioning the way it was supposed to.

@sparkfairy1 -- Yes, you've basically summarized my feelings on it. :(
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Here's the Tenses @brainybee ...

perma.jpg

petra.jpg

riley.jpg

Edit- forgot to say Perma is the Mother (believe it or not, she is an elder) - the other two are her children - Petra is adult and of course Riley is just a child

And Mr. Sausages is an Adult
    Post edited by EmberDahl on
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »

It's concerning that is this is one of the things that they said was far better than in previous iterations, going as far to say that the previous iterations' emotions were just fictions, while the Sims 4 really DO have emotions. While that's obviously salesbabble, I have no clue what they actually know about their own game.

Exactly! Still people have offered excuses for this action and I get nausea from it. LOL

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    kitty4118812kitty4118812 Posts: 45 Member
    I just had to share how much I loved Mr. Sausages, and really want to see how the Sims acted in other generations. Also I'd love to see more of his antics. XD