The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    While your pictures and commentary were so awesome, this is so sad. They should definitely be 1000000 times more reactive. We need a fix Gurus! I also wanna mess with my sims and I want them to feel crappy about it! :(

I wonder if you recreated the same scenario in Sims 3 what would happen? :pensive:
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    While your pictures and commentary were so awesome, this is so sad. They should definitely be 1000000 times more reactive. We need a fix Gurus! I also wanna mess with my sims and I want them to feel crappy about it! :(

I wonder if you recreated the same scenario in Sims 3 what would happen? :pensive:

That is an excellent point, and somebody should definitely test it and post the pictures here. For that matter, what would happen if you arranged a similar situation in Sims 2?

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    OMG and WTH!?!? They did not even turn around?? I mean seriously?

Thanks so much @EmberDahl‌, that was hilarious, yet disturbing, sad and shocking regarding the complete lack of reaction by those Sims.

Gurus definitely need to see this!

One thing I did come to the conclusion of, is that we could all do with a bit of Obnoxious Psychosausage in our Sims lives. What a character :smiley:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    The second post is absolutely brilliant! Tragic and hysterical. I almost feel sorry for Mr. Sausage. Almost.

Yeah, that emotions thing is so borked.
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I really would like for the gurus to see this thread. I would love to know their thoughts on this.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    What wit you possess! This was a hilarious post. I, too, have experienced some disappointment in the emotional system. I used to laugh hard at how the father-to-be would go into his 'she's-having-the-baby' panic dance— which I have only witnessed once in this game! I am glad they 'fixed' or added the 'Share Big News' after the pregnancy test comes back positive. That was fun. But, sadly, they lied to us before. Anyone remember how our Sims in Sims3 were 'smarter' with the new AI system? Face/palm. They used that as one of their pitches to sell that game. I kept waiting, like a little fool. And while I did enjoy that game to a degree (playing it nearly daily) I never really was quite addicted to it, as was the case with Sims2. If I could save my Sims in a bin/library in Sims2, and/or had a way of influencing the gender of the baby, I would be playing that game now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    In Sims 2 the gender is determined at birth, so you can just save when the sim goes into labour and reload if you don't get the gender you want, it's a bit awkward but it works.
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    @EmberDahl‌ ~ Hilarious Again. :+1:
    ..And of course the neighbor wouldn't help, He looks like Carl from ATHF? :# (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    edited February 2015
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    Extremely disappointing. I've noticed this too. My Leigh will be fighting with Jeni and her mom doesn't even acknowledge it or care.
    In all fairness to the Mom, perhaps, she just isn't hearing the ruckus? My Mom, (rest her soul) wasn't aware for what seemed like ages, that my older brother was beating me up! I don't recall all of these years (decades) later just what brought it to her attention, but she suddenly came from her sewing room and calmly stood between us. (Mom was a '🐸🐸🐸🐸, at barely 5' 3/4", my brother not much taller at 5'7" and I am 5'3 1/2") I must have pulled a face, because suddenly my brother's fist came right over Mom's shoulder and into my mouth. Split my lip. When Dad got home from work that evening, he kicked my brother out of the house. I always felt guilty for that. Silly me. And, of course, we weren't on speaking terms for quite awhile after that. I'm so glad I finally was able to forgive him and we 'made up' because he was dead (murdered) six months after I got married.

Edited to add: Since when is d._ink a bad word? Oh, that's crazy weird. I just added this edit and hit save comment only to see they replaced plum for the original word I used … Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Yes he is indeed Carl (well as close as I could get) that would indeed explain his lack of empathy. You have cracked it @lazarus_B4R

carl.jpg
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Great post. You're just confirming for me what I did on release day. I was so excited to get my hands on these new "emotional" Sims and wanted to put them to the test. I spent quite a while building my asylum and preceded to get on with the asylum challenge. I made all the residents with varied traits but all had the insane trait.

From reading your experiment here you can probably guess what happened. Not much.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Yes he is indeed Carl (well as close as I could get) that would indeed explain his lack of empathy. You have cracked it @lazarus_B4R

carl.jpg

It would explain his aversion to food products, like Mr. Sausage. :p
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited February 2015
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    PART TWO

Here's an update sausage fans. So being as a couple of you wanted Mr. Sausages in the gallery, I thought I would go back and beef him up a bit - fill his mischief bar - do a few tasks to get the shameless trait and complete the two deviance goals to get those extra traits to make him a more complete trouble maker.

Little did I know the adventure it would lead to. Apologies for putting up so many pictures, but a lot happened during this sim week, I had to chop out 75% of the mad things that happened just to keep the post smaller.

Anyway, I decided he needed a workplace to start maxing out his trouble making skills. So I got him all the essentials for causing maximum annoyance.
    Loud blaring jukebox.... check
    outside toilet...check
    rotting food...check
    unattended burning fire pit...check

screen63.jpg

I got a bit bored just trolling teh forums and sending chain letters to the Tenses, and luckily, who was I to see walking in the background but Ricky Gervais' Derek - perfect, a 'good' sim to have a rant at.

screen64.jpg

screen65.jpg

So I did this for a bit - one of the Tenses came over to visit - Voodoo stabbed her

screen66.jpg

So now I had finished most of the aspiration goals apart from the block 3 sinks in 3 different houses - first off I went to Richie and Eddie's house from BBC sitcom 'Bottom' and was overjoyed when Eddie gave me a rude greeting (see the emotions are working)

screen67.jpg

Unfortunately, it was only a small blip, and he went on to talk in a friendly way just after I had knackered his sink.

screen68.jpg

So I went to the second house, and this is where the fun starts. The first screen grab from this location has a date stamp of 02-26-15_10-00 AM. The bit where the incident finally finished was date stamped 02-26-15_11-29 AM. Now I have removed all mods (apart from clothing), I haven't turned off any autonomous actions - it is on full and I'm only controlling the sausage.

So first thing I do is lay into the child of the family in front of the dad as a gentle warm up. Dad watched but didn't really do anything - but I wasn't expecting miracles.

screen69.jpg

Then, I realised I hadn't eaten since the start of my quest, so started cooking- my only skill is mischief, because those are the only options I have been choosing, I haven't even told a joke about a frog yet. So of course my inexperience with food preparation causes a fire, which makes everyone run out to join the dad and boy who were still in the same place from my insulting encounter.

screen70.jpg

It was then when I saw the flames spreading I thought , I wonder what will happen if I do absolutely nothing?"

screen71.jpg

So that's exactly what I did.

screen72.jpg

Night time came, and it was getting quite toasty inside and everyone seemed in good spirits

screen73.jpg

screen74.jpg

I was starting to notice that the flames were inching their way closer to the still stoic family

screen75.jpg

Morning broke, and at last the young boy finally twigged something was making him feel a little warmer than usual.

screen76.jpg

The dad's bladder failed however, which seemed way more important than their impending doom.

screen77.jpg

Later on it was mum's turn to notice something wasn't all peachy.The boy disappeared to school - weirdly, he never came back

screen78.jpg

Well it was inevitable I guess. Poor Mum's arms started to get a little more warm and flamey than she was used to

screen79.jpg

Tut, what's Mum making all that fuss about - I don't know Daughter, it can't be that important, not worth turning my head for really.

screen80.jpg

Ah, here comes a neighbour maybe he can help me...

screen81.jpg

...yessssss, he's noticed - I'm sure he'll help...

screen82.jpg

Oh... Dag dag neighbour

screen83.jpg

Sorry to keep you awake husband, I hope my burning flesh and screams don't disturb your nap

screen84.jpg

So..... do you come here often?

screen86.jpg

Is it me, or has it suddenly got a bit colder.

screen87.jpg

Hilariously, Mr. Death sussed out this heating problem straight away and ran off like a big babby.

screen88.jpg

Eventually though he remembered he was a professional and got back to job in hand.

screen89.jpg

Unfortunately he forgot how to get home.

screen90.jpg

A lot later I got a bit bored of just standing about, and had to boost my needs- luckily I packed some rotting food to eat and went off to admire my handy work. The fire was still going strong, and finally had ignited their last bed.

screen91.jpg

Outside the remaining family (dad had gone to work - again never to be seen again) the two girls were looking at ants, and Death had been there so long that all the bits that had caught fire had turned into beautiful trash plants.

screen92.jpg

Wednesday Morning now, and very little had changed
    screen93.jpg

Then at last, the very last thing that could possibly burn had done so. The daughters went straight inside, one had a bath, the other one had the desire to watch the sports channel - sorry love, it's a bit crispy now.
    screen94.jpg

And do you know what the oddest thing about all this? After the fire had finished, My evil mean mad sim was the only sim that seemed to care. No lie, the first thing Mr. Sausages did was grieve at the mother's urn.

screen95.jpg

EDIT- missing picture
    man the only cudos for me was the bald showing how "evil he is" for not helping and later he and the fat blond maide for free chat close to a burn house without do anything, they where more "evil" than mrs sausage.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2015
    @EmberDahl : Excellent test! :+1:
    Thanks for sharing that insight. :)
    On the downside the outcome is shameful but not surprising. :-/

This space is for rent.
    Yeah somebody needs to do this experiment with Sims 3, stat, to prove the point.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    I just love Mr. Sausages! Great storytelling! All of my sims are friendly, cheerful, good, etc, hence no drama in my Sims 4 utopia. Now I want to create a mean evil sim just for the fun of it. Or maybe two in one household! :p
  • Kevin1999Kevin1999 Posts: 8 New Member
    When i played the game for the free trial I was so upset about not getting to rename Sims had badly no family trees or toddlers hurt the game, and how broken the no aging button was that I did not even see how broken the entire core of the Sims 4 is.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    What a hilarious yet sad post. I almost wish you could do a weekly series starring Mr. Sausage, he's that fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to make us both laugh and think :)
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    How amazing! what an excellent test! Yeah... defiantly not smarter sims... not by a long shot.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    This is just hilarious. Sometimes neighbours walk by your house with a random emotion like sad or angry so you could see EA's goofy emotion walks and you get the illusion something outside of your played household happens... and if something really happens, they don't react at all!
    Less staging and more deep gameplay, please!
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yes @‌fullspiral
    @SimGuruBChick maybe you can let the other gurus know about this and you guys can investigate. Considering 'emotions' are a key selling point for TS4 they obviously aren't working as intended surely?!
    If any of them actually come in here and give a useful comment I will eat my socks :D

Great thread though. I enjoyed reading Mr Sausage's escapades, I would love to see the comparisons if anyone is up to doing it in another sim version.

We'll @kimjo313 kindly linked to this thread on many gurus walls so they will see it comment or not :)