Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Little Suggestions

I've posted before about how much I like the game along with a few ideas that I'd like to see fixed or implemented. I'm back to say again that I love the game, but there are a few little things I think could be improved or added.

1.) A trait randomizer. When babies are born or grow up in my game, I don't like to pick their traits and aspirations for them all the time. Sometimes I like to just roll with the punches and see what kind of kid I get. However, I don't see the little dice to the side like The Sims 3 had to give me the option of randomizing their traits at each stage. Definitely something I'd like to see implemented, especially as a legacy/family player.

2.) The ability to meet people at school and/or work. I miss this little feature. My child and teen kids don't know any of their classmates unless I force them to visit the park or something (which they often just don't have time for between homework and everything else). I'd like to see Sims meet each other at school and work again.

3.) Toddler Implementation? - If toddlers ARE implemented at some point, I'd like to in turn see a bump up (just a day or two) in the length of the Young Adult and Adult life stages. Why? Because even now without that extra toddler life stage, a lot of my Sims don't ever meet their grandchildren because they pass before they are born. If I don't find a mate on basically Day 1 of Young Adulthood for my Sim, there's always a good chance that their offspring will never meet their grandparents. This is weird to me, as I knew 3 of my 4 grandparents, a few of my great-grandparents, and I still have one living grandparent even now in my mid-20s. She was at my wedding. She will probably still be around when I start to have children.

If toddlers are put in without giving the adults/young adults the extra few days it takes to raise them, there will never be grandparents ingame because they will all pass before I can get their kids to have babies. Even if they do meet, they often won't get to see their grandchildren grow up and get married.