Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Second has now regenerated to Third! I tried to make her look as close as Pertwee. I thank Vampires pack for the clothes she has on.

EoW4TXs.jpg

jon-pertwee-claws-of-axos-roger-dlegado.jpg
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    edited November 2018
    I added a new (and hopefully) final gameplay for the challenge:

"I DON'T WANT TO GO": sim lifespan can be anything; your Time Lord does not age, and they regenerate based on your own criteria.

Here is the added section on that gameplay:
    CHRONO TRIGGER

Since your Time Lord will not age, regeneration will be determined by certain criteria or triggers. This will be entirely up to you on what triggers a regeneration.

Here are some suggestions (but not limited to):
    • Completing an Aspiration
    • Maxing out a Skill
    • Completing a Collection
    • Reaching the highest level in a Career
    • Exploring fully an Expansion Pack's or Game Pack's feature
    • Number of Companions moved-in and moved-out
    • Number of Whims completed
    • Number of Aspiration points acquired
    • A certain date or day in the calendar (in-game or real-life)

You can fulfill a single criteria or multiple criteria. For example, you can trigger regeneration by finishing an Aspiration. Or you can trigger it by completing two Skill and 100 Whims. Another way is by regenerating based on the goal in "Path of the Doctor" (details to follow in Regeneration section).

The choice is yours.
    I'm gonne see how this works with Heartache gameplay:

- Sims will be more discerning over who they decide is worth mourning when an NPC Sim passes away.

Also I can't wait to test out First person view. Some adventures could be made with this, like a maze or a choose your own adventure.
    So the first person POV was fun, especially inside a maze. But I agree that it does elicit motion-sickness. I could only do 10 minutes of it before reverting back to third person.
    YEYEYEYEYEY! Now I'm at Tom Baker's Doctor, and I'm stoked.

AANRpwb.jpg

0CLEfaI.jpg

4th%2Bdoc.jpg
    I updated some entries in the rules and FAQ. Main thing that was changed is the reward trait "Always Welcome." In the rules, you cannot buy any reward traits because it would make your Time Lord too powerful and make them boring to play. The only exception will be "Always Welcome" because part of the fun of being a Time Lord is helping others, and you can't help others if they kick you out when you want to cook them some good food (those ingrates).
    I updated the tracking sheets for the expansion (can't wait). I added the Self-Absorbed trait.

I also updated the tracking sheet for "Path of The Doctor." The Fourth Doctor has an alternative trait for "Dog Lover." This is based on K9's appearance during Tom Baker's run. Also, I switched the Charisma Skill from Tenth to Seventh. The Seventh Doctor is known for being manipulative, so Charisma makes sense for them.
    "There's something in the air. No, not the weather. Could be ego. Like Sims can't get enough of themselves. Maybe in my next incarnation. Ooooh, cool stuff!"

CrbVoEe.jpg

NHPUiNn.jpg

MqOhXy8.jpg

(Currently finishing Fourth Healer's Master Chef career. Once I'm done, I'll be trying the new expansion on Fifth Healer and switching to I Don't Want To Go gameplay.)
    edited November 2018
    Goodbye, Fourth! Hello, Fifth!

She'll be the Actress for this run. Once I fully explore this expansion, then I will regenerate her to the Sixth.

Wy7hZLB.jpg

GSumI3I.jpg

X6izR2G.jpg

YiscZsQ.jpg

Doctor-Who-Peter-Davison-Fifth-Doctor-cricket%25282%2529.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Very nice. You Time Lords look great.
    Thanks @Dannydanbo ! Still exploring the expansion with the Fifth Healer, and she's currently visiting (or harassing) Humphrey Bogarts' villa. lol.
    edited November 2018
    I revised the section "Chrono Trigger" in the "I Don't Want To Go" gameplay.

A player made challenge can now be used as a trigger for regeneration. However, you cannot use a challenge that may kill or age your Time Lord. If that's the case, you can revise or tweak the rules to avoid that.
    Update on the rules. Previously, the challenge tracking sheet mentions that you cannot pre-fill or pre-plan the traits on your future Time Lords. I have changed that rule, allowing you to pre-plan their future traits if you choose. This is in-line with "Path of the Doctor", which has pre-planned traits.
    Still doing the Fifth Healer (had a little break with Pokemon Lets Go, lol). Love this shot of her.

eZwRjP8.jpg

Added Humphry Bogart in my world.

kySi34P.jpg
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    *Waves
    Hello since forever!

I took like 6 months off playing anything and have been back for a bit, but haven't picked my second Time Lord challenge back up until recently. So, I haven't popped in here in forever.
    Hope everyone's still having fun with this one. I'm happy that Lady Heart, The Negotiator is back and she's going to be trying out the acting career over her next regeneration's.

I'll try to pop back in more often to see what everyone's up to :)
    Hey @Spacey72659 ! Welcome back!

I've been on and off with the Time Lord Challenge right now (blast you Smash Bros), currently doing "Path of the Doctor." Having fun with it because I'm doing a gender bend of the Doctor (as you can see on some of the screenshots I have up there).

Loving the Time Cat! :D Maybe name them "Mu" which is a Greek letter often used in science and mathematics.
  • KandiKitsuneKandiKitsune Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all! Starting this on PS4 myself later today and you can watch it at Twitch.tv/KandiKitsune. I am creating my own Time Lords, banning myself from cheating AT ALL, and forcing myself to restart at the most recent regeneration if I don't have enough Aspiration Points when the time comes. I hope do this simultaneously with other challenges as my Time Lord travels, but we will see what happens. Feel free to enjoy the ride!
    Hi @KandiKitsune ! Welcome to the Time Lord Challenge. Let me know how it goes with the console. I'm very curious since I've never tested this challenge on the consoles.
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Love this challenge! Already playing multiple challenges so will add it on my next to play list!
    Lehua wrote: »
    Love this challenge! Already playing multiple challenges so will add it on my next to play list!

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions. :)
  • JLeffJLeff Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! :D This is a fantastic idea for a gameplay challenge! I'm definitely in on this one! :)
    Ooooh... the possibilities for this expansion/game pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQ9Gccjs4c
    I'll be reviewing the rules again (now that a new pack is on the horizon). But only for the type of bed your time lord is allowed to buy and sleep on. In retrospect, the capsule that came with the Get Famous expansion made the challenge easier.

I'll be booting up my save file, blowing the dust off Fifth Healer. I've been busy with my other hobby (or semi-professional aspirations), which is why I haven't been playing TS4 that much. But the goofy teaser that the gurus have posted got me hyped. L :s L.
    Jeez... I'm really hyped for this weird and other-worldly game pack.

GrkJBr6.jpg
    A minor update on the rules: Your Time Lord can only sleep on a comfort object (bed, couch, etc.) that has an Energy level of 6 or lower.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top