Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hey all, here is Copper Raven's Let's Play for the Time Lord Challenge. Also, here's the link to her Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6soZg50gHyS82p111XulHQ

https://youtu.be/QzJq0jK08IA
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    edited July 2018
    <3<3<3

Can't wait!

https://youtu.be/FEc-OQ_oqDk
    "All of this is new to me. New faces. New worlds. New times. So if I asked really, really nicely; would you be my new best friends? Right, this is gonna be fun!"
  • PyrxmaniacPyrxmaniac Posts: 2 New Member
    Used the time lord random name generator, first one I get is 'The Intimidator'. Nice.
    Pyrxmaniac wrote: »
    Used the time lord random name generator, first one I get is 'The Intimidator'. Nice.

Hah! Did you take it? Hope you enjoy the challenge! :)
  • PyrxmaniacPyrxmaniac Posts: 2 New Member
    > @nastyjman said:
    > Pyrxmaniac wrote: »
    >
    > Used the time lord random name generator, first one I get is 'The Intimidator'. Nice.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hah! Did you take it? Hope you enjoy the challenge! :)

I did take it, and it's been really fun so far! First Intimidator is an interesting character, indeed. :smile:
  • kathrynlouw7kathrynlouw7 Posts: 6 New Member
    I made my first Librarian and set up my lot with no cheats (pretty sparse). Can't wait to get into some actual gameplay now.
    I made my first Librarian and set up my lot with no cheats (pretty sparse). Can't wait to get into some actual gameplay now.

Fantastic! Hope you have fun with it. :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yay for the new Doctor.

I posted this elsewhere but I'm repeating it here just because.

With all the different time period costumes and set pieces, I can set up large lots in my TL save and visit each and solve a mystery there. Can't wait.
    Just checked out the trailer. Looks promising! Can't wait for it to come out, and I'm going to keep an eye out on your creations! :)
    giphy.gif
    Nice! Not sure if this is free on a coming patch, but our Time Lords can finally have the job title of "Defender of Time."

blPBEXL.png
    edited October 2018
    I am planning to add an Extreme Version of the challenge. The following quote from the show is the inspiration for it:
    The Doctor: I’m older than you.
    Wilfred: Get away.
    The Doctor: I’m nine hundred and six.
    Wilfred: Oh really though?
    The Doctor: Yeah.
    Wilfred: Nine hundred years. We must look like insects to you.
    The Doctor : I think you look like giants.
    (From the episode The End of Time)

Here's the quick and dirty of it. This is not official yet. Once I've tested it thoroughly, I will add a new post detailing the extreme version.
    • Lifespan: Short.
    • Drink youth potion when you have 1 or 2 days left.
    • Take a selfie whenever you drink a youth potion. This is used as a counter on how many Youth Potions you have consumed.
    • When the Youth Potion counter is even numbered, you must enter the regeneration phase.
    • Essentially, each incarnation will still have a lifespan of 20+ days.

(Also, isn't Graham the best companion currently for Thirteen? He reminds me of Wilfred, which is why this version was conceived)
    Breathing new life to this challenge by attempting an extreme version of it. Wish me luck!

Here's the first guinea pi... I mean first test subject: The Distance.

wQFRcsQ.jpg

E0LXzQR.jpg
    edited October 2018
    A quick amendment on the roleplay section of the rules:
    TIME TRAVEL GUIDE

To simulate time travel, you can download themed lots from The Gallery. When placing them and sharing your story, please don't forget to credit the Sim Architect!

Populate these lots with sims wearing appropriate clothing to those eras. To do so, change the lot type into "Residential" and move in sims with the correct attire. You are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to move them in.

Here are hashtags and the worlds associated with them. For each worlds, you can designate a specific theme on a neighborhood.

Willow Creek: #jungle #medieval #greek #asian #gothic #tribal

Oasis Springs: #apocalypse #desert #wildwest #western #prehistoric #egyptian

Newcrest: #alien #futuristic #scifi #medieval

San Myshuno: #cyberpunk #alien #futuristic #scifi
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    edited October 2018
    I updated the front page so it links to a dedicated blog for the challenge.

There are two gameplay types for the challenge, and they are as follows:

CASUAL: sim lifespan is set to Normal

HEARTACHE: sim lifespan is set to Short, but your Time Lord ages as Normal

To enhance either gameplay, click here for the ROLEPLAYING GUIDE.
    The Heartache mode is fun so far. The added pressure with time and aspiration points makes it more of a challenge. I was on razor's edge with my first regeneration. I had 6,890 points, and I needed 6,500 (1,500 for the youth potion and then 5,000 for the Re-Traiting potion).

l9aLxnG.jpg

KXrdSa5.jpg

And so First became Second...
    8FxWRQX.jpg

edited November 2018
    The initial play test for Heartache gameplay were satisfactory and achievable.

I am going to try another play test for a "generation-like" mode for the challenge. Basically, you will pick traits that closely matches the Doctor's personality. Each incarnation will also have a mini-challenge that you will strive for. Mostly these will be related to skills and companions.

Since it's going to be another play test, I may have to abandon The Distance for this. :(
    edited November 2018
    Alrighty, following the path of the Doctor, I present you The Healer.

frTnRk4.jpg

EDIT: The mini-goals for the 1st incarnation has been changed. Adoption is kinda too much for the start.
    edited November 2018
    I updated "The Path of the Doctor", taking out the companion mini-goals. I'm experimenting on what mini-goals would work for this play test.

Also, I'm loving First Healer, so I'm dreading her regeneration...

nbxxNAO.jpg
    edited November 2018
    I kinda failed with my self-imposed goals for "The Path of The Doctor." I was aiming to max her Gardening skill and complete level 3 of the gardening aspiration. I fell short on both. Oh well.

So the First Healer has regenerated. . . .

oBR9W3b.jpg

To the Second Healer. I designed her to be a gender bend of the Second Doctor.

QUkBgIG.jpg

WcDWwx9.jpg

So I'm changing up Scenarios into Postcards. Basically, I will be featuring lots and households created by me and other amazing simmers.

First entry is "Vincent Van Gogh's House": https://sims4timelordchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/11/vincent-van-goghs-residence.html
    edited November 2018
    Hey Time Travelers, I updated the roleplaying section, fixing the "Time Travel Guide" portion of the page. Here's the updated version:
    TIME TRAVEL GUIDE
    To simulate time travel, you can download themed lots from The Gallery. When placing them and sharing your story, please don't forget to credit the Sim Architect!

Populate these lots with sims wearing appropriate clothing to those eras. To do so, change the lot type into "Residential" and move in sims with the correct attire. You are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to move them in.

If a converted "Residential" lot does not have a front door, add a 1 x 1 building with a door. Once done, set this as the front door, so your Time Lord can knock on it when they visit the lot.

Here’s a suggested schedule of the timelines you can visit each Sim-day. Each timeline has a hashtag that you can use to search The Gallery.
    • MONDAY: Prehistoric Times
      • Gallery: #prehistoric #tribal #jungle
    • TUESDAY: Dawn of Civilization
      • Gallery: #greek #egyptian #asian #aztec
    • WEDNESDAY: Distant Past
      • Gallery: #medieval #victorian # gothic #western #wildwest
    • THURSDAY: The Present
      • Gallery: #modern #90s
    • FRIDAY: Far Future
      • Gallery: #futuristic #apocalypse #utopia
    • SATURDAY: Alien Civilizations
      • Gallery: #alien #scifi
    • SUNDAY: Alternate Timelines
      • Gallery: #fantasy #steampunk #cyberpunk
    Whew. I'm still testing Heartache gameplay, and the townies are all dying of old age. My Time Lord has been unnecessarily depressed because a stranger who said "Hello" to her in the past has passed.

Because of this, I've been aloof from townies and randoms, not introducing myself to them. If I do see a Sim I like, I save them by flagging them as "Played Household." That way, they don't age.

"Path of the Doctor" has been great! I think I needed some structure to replay this challenge. The first two aspirations, however, were hard, especially for Heartache.

And I added a "schedule" on the Time Travel guide in the roleplaying section. That has worked great as well (especially for my scatter brain).

Here's the latest postcard from my Time Lord: https://sims4timelordchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-fantastic-flying-dream-home-of-fae.html
    I'm doing a poll over at General Discussion (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950708/what-aging-game-setting-do-you-mostly-play-on/p1), and was surprised that a lot of Simmers play with Long lifespan or Aging Off.

This got me thinking, too. Last night, I did dread having Second Healer regenerate to the next incarnation (she is just too cute and adorable!). The time travel roleplay could also work with aging off or long since different eras would be in stasis.

I'll be drafting a new gameplay to cater to long/aging-off simmers. I'm thinking of calling it "I Don't Want To Go".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top