Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Oh, I didn't think to use the unlock cheat, I haven't even begun to design my TARDIS yet. Been occupied by romancing my companion :D Can companions be married or they can only have romantic interest/boy/girlfriend status?

@Spacey72659 I just starting watching your LP, loving it so far ;)

Yes, you can be married. On my first playtest, I had to marry to complete the Soulmate aspiration. But the heartbreak when you outlive your spouse. :(
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Fantastic challenge idea! Can't wait to start this one :)
    untitled-1.png

Weathie wrote: »
    Fantastic challenge idea! Can't wait to start this one :)

Yey! I'm excited for everyone's stories and feedback on this challenge. I'm constantly refining the rules as I go along with mine. So far, everything is in order with just some minor tweaks here and there.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Oh, I didn't think to use the unlock cheat, I haven't even begun to design my TARDIS yet. Been occupied by romancing my companion :D Can companions be married or they can only have romantic interest/boy/girlfriend status?

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)
    nastyjman wrote: »

Yes, you can be married. On my first playtest, I had to marry to complete the Soulmate aspiration. But the heartbreak when you outlive your spouse. :(

Awwww, sad. But you know I think The Doctor does get sad when his companions move on, so this works for the theme I guess.

I do want my Librarian to get married at some point. I just have to find the right Librarian/companion combo.

Awwww, sad. But you know I think The Doctor does get sad when his companions move on, so this works for the theme I guess.

I do want my Librarian to get married at some point. I just have to find the right Librarian/companion combo.

On my Third Optimist, he was boyfriends with Alexander Goth and they had a great time. He was carried over to my Fourth Optimist, but then Cassandra Goth showed up at the door, all old and frail. Alexander was still an Adult that time, and I played the scene as if Alexander wanted to leave my Time Lord to keep his sister company. So Alexander broke up with The Optimist and lived with her older sister.

After that, my Optimist regenerated into the fifth, still heartbroken. He took the traits of Noncommittal, Loves Outdoors and Loner.
    OMG that is brilliant. I love that you used the storyline to drive his traits
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I've started the challenge. My first Clockmaker has the Nerd Brain Aspiration and the Genius, Bookworm, and Insane traits.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    I've started the challenge. My first Clockmaker has the Nerd Brain Aspiration and the Genius, Bookworm, and Insane traits.

Sweet! The Insane trait really helps when your Time Lord gets lonely.
    Awe, hey thanks for linking me in the opening post!
    I only just noticed bc I'm about to (hopefully) hit the regeneration episode so I wanted to see about when we can purchase the potion. :)
    Since I got his birthday notice I'm gonna get it now....whoooooo!
    (I have so many episodes to post still too, lol!)
    I only just noticed bc I'm about to (hopefully) hit the regeneration episode so I wanted to see about when we can purchase the potion. :)

No problem! Can't wait to see your Second Librarian. I'm also curious what traits you'll pick for him or her. It's going to be fun :smiley:

Also, I wanted to give a tip on companions, which I added in the rules as well. You can have your companions buy you any potions except for youth potions, and give these to your Time Lord to help them out.

No problem! Can't wait to see your Second Librarian. I'm also curious what traits you'll pick for him or her. It's going to be fun :smiley:

Also, I wanted to give a tip on companions, which I added in the rules as well. You can have your companions buy you any potions except for youth potions, and give these to your Time Lord to help them out.

Oooooh that's awesome, good way to use up Madame Ethel's points before she goes!

I just made him and OMG I LOVE HIM. I used the random generator for his face/body and I had an idea about what I was going for like with style and etc, and this one random guy just worked PERFECT. He's just... I just love him. I can not WAIT to get this first season all uploaded.

I play way too much LOL. I may need to slow it down, I know there's no way I can keep up with uploading a ton at a time, so I want to space them out so I have stuff to upload on days I can't record or edit/encode. But oh man.... maybe this weekend will just be an overload of videos. LOL.

I am doing 7 right now and I just finished recording 12 (I could not have timed that better if I tried!)so I am way behind/ahead depending how you look at it.
    And actually I randomly generated his trait - two were perfect, so I generated three new ones and picked the third from that. SO I really only picked one sort of LOL.
    I did pick his aspiration though, but I forgot to look at the requirements before CAS so I just changed it in game since we have the option.

Oooooh that's awesome, good way to use up Madame Ethel's points before she goes!

I just made him and OMG I LOVE HIM. I used the random generator for his face/body and I had an idea about what I was going for like with style and etc, and this one random guy just worked PERFECT. He's just... I just love him. I can not WAIT to get this first season all uploaded.

I play way too much LOL. I may need to slow it down, I know there's no way I can keep up with uploading a ton at a time, so I want to space them out so I have stuff to upload on days I can't record or edit/encode. But oh man.... maybe this weekend will just be an overload of videos. LOL.

I am doing 7 right now and I just finished recording 12 (I could not have timed that better if I tried!)so I am way behind/ahead depending how you look at it.

Yeah. Every regeneration, I always say they're my favorite. I can't decide. Lol. I just got my seventh, and he's lazy, glutton and childish. I picked out a cowboy outfit for him...
    Hahaha OMG that's awesome. I can almost picture that!
    (I started to notice mine haven't gotten a lot of bad traits yet so I'm worried for that one that's got like 3! Gah)

Yeah well I sort of did not love First Librarian. A little maybe but he was SO hard to keep happy, ugh. I almost do not miss him LOL. But unless Second is a jerkface too then I'll miss him. I just, IDK, I'm really happy with how he came out.
    I have to jazz up the Tardis a little and then I can start that season. I may have to slow down playing to catch up with uploads.
  • Sweetpumpk1nSweetpumpk1n Posts: 4 New Member
    Im defiantely doing this challenge, i got the monitor
  • Just-Phoebe-MeJust-Phoebe-Me Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh Heck Yeah! So gonna work on this when I finish one of my other LPs.
    edited March 2015
    @Sweetpumpk1n @Just-Phoebe-Me

Yey! Can't wait to see your stories and Time Lords. :smiley:
    (I started to notice mine haven't gotten a lot of bad traits yet so I'm worried for that one that's got like 3! Gah)

Yeah well I sort of did not love First Librarian. A little maybe but he was SO hard to keep happy, ugh. I almost do not miss him LOL. But unless Second is a jerkface too then I'll miss him. I just, IDK, I'm really happy with how he came out.
    I have to jazz up the Tardis a little and then I can start that season. I may have to slow down playing to catch up with uploads.

I just saw part 5 of your first time lord. Now I understand why you don't miss him. Hehe.

I just saw part 5 of your first time lord. Now I understand why you don't miss him. Hehe.

Right? OMG I don't know how his traits made him unbearable but yeah..... We will see how #2 goes. LOL
  • nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    Can we change the aspiration of companions and what do we do with their urns if they die? I was hoping to keep my TL's dead spouses ghost around to haunt her or so, lol.
    Can we change the aspiration of companions and what do we do with their urns if they die? I was hoping to keep my TL's dead spouses ghost around to haunt her or so, lol.

Yes, you can change your companion's aspirations. There's no restrictions set up for them other than having a baby with your Time Lord. Your companions, however, can have a baby with other companions.

Also, there's no rule regarding urns or ghosts, so you can keep them in your TAHDIS. If you think about it, the ghost can represent your TARDIS or your conscience. Mild spoiler on Doctor Who--it's like how the War Doctor was haunted by a certain someone. :wink:
    edited March 2015
    Heads up everyone! I've tweaked the scoring for this challenge. I replaced the Whims score with Skills score.

I feel like Whims get in the way of enjoying the challenge. I originally intended Whims to be a primary scoring mechanic since Whims were influenced by personality traits. But most of the traits I encountered at the mid-game were a mish-mash of skills, traits, aspirations and relationships. Sometimes the Whims were in-character while most were a nuisance.

Thus, I've decided to replace the Whims score with Skills score.
  • nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    @nastyjman Again, thanks for allowing the freedom for companions, I feel it makes the challenge more fun than stressful when trying to complete both TL and companion aspirations =D

I'm at the early stages of my second Explorer and have found the whims a blessing and a nuisance so changing it to skills is a good idea. Plus my companion was getting annoyed with the repetitive romantic interactions xD

I don't have historical figures and such but I've turned Willow Creek into a European/mostly Parisian town and Oasis Springs into Arabian/Miami/deserty area. I also take screenshots outside the game file so it isn't just boring skilling and dates at the same places and for those I tend to download certain types of lots. I'll be sure to link the story when I complete the challenge, I have watched @Spacey72659 and I intend to read all about the Optimist soon =D
    @nastyjman Again, thanks for allowing the freedom for companions, I feel it makes the challenge more fun than stressful when trying to complete both TL and companion aspirations =D

I'm at the early stages of my second Explorer and have found the whims a blessing and a nuisance so changing it to skills is a good idea. Plus my companion was getting annoyed with the repetitive romantic interactions xD

I don't have historical figures and such but I've turned Willow Creek into a European/mostly Parisian town and Oasis Springs into Arabian/Miami/deserty area. I also take screenshots outside the game file so it isn't just boring skilling and dates at the same places and for those I tend to download certain types of lots. I'll be sure to link the story when I complete the challenge, I have watched @Spacey72659 and I intend to read all about the Optimist soon =D

Sweet. Can't wait to meet The Explorer!

Changing the Whims came to me after playing my Seventh. He had the Childish trait, and I wanted him to act out like a brat. Also, for some reason, I had the Gardening aspiration for him. The Childish whims were infrequent, and most of the whims were gardening related. So I changed it instead to skills. The whims worked in the first few Time Lords, but by the middle, it gets messy because your Time Lord would have mastered almost all of the skills, which is also a factor of what whims they may take.

I also haven't played around with historical figures yet, but I did change one neighborhood into a western theme. I'll share the screenshot later tonight. It's really fun acting out, pretending to go back or forward in time. :smiley:@Spacey72659 gave me the idea to bulldoze neighborhoods and change them into a specific era.

As for The Optimist, I'm slowly working on his story. I'll try to write an episode tonight or this week. So far, I'm on my seventh, but I'm still on chapter two for my First Optimist.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top