Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited March 2015
    I like the new idea of scoring the skills. :)
    @nastyjman Again, thanks for allowing the freedom for companions, I feel it makes the challenge more fun than stressful when trying to complete both TL and companion aspirations =D

I'm at the early stages of my second Explorer and have found the whims a blessing and a nuisance so changing it to skills is a good idea. Plus my companion was getting annoyed with the repetitive romantic interactions xD

I don't have historical figures and such but I've turned Willow Creek into a European/mostly Parisian town and Oasis Springs into Arabian/Miami/deserty area. I also take screenshots outside the game file so it isn't just boring skilling and dates at the same places and for those I tend to download certain types of lots. I'll be sure to link the story when I complete the challenge, I have watched @Spacey72659 and I intend to read all about the Optimist soon =D

Thanks for watching! I appreciate it :)
    Look forward to reading yours (or watching if you are doing an LP)!
    nastyjman wrote: »
    @nastyjman Again, thanks for allowing the freedom for companions, I feel it makes the challenge more fun than stressful when trying to complete both TL and companion aspirations =D

I'm at the early stages of my second Explorer and have found the whims a blessing and a nuisance so changing it to skills is a good idea. Plus my companion was getting annoyed with the repetitive romantic interactions xD

I don't have historical figures and such but I've turned Willow Creek into a European/mostly Parisian town and Oasis Springs into Arabian/Miami/deserty area. I also take screenshots outside the game file so it isn't just boring skilling and dates at the same places and for those I tend to download certain types of lots. I'll be sure to link the story when I complete the challenge, I have watched @Spacey72659 and I intend to read all about the Optimist soon =D

Sweet. Can't wait to meet The Explorer!

Changing the Whims came to me after playing my Seventh. He had the Childish trait, and I wanted him to act out like a brat. Also, for some reason, I had the Gardening aspiration for him. The Childish whims were infrequent, and most of the whims were gardening related. So I changed it instead to skills. The whims worked in the first few Time Lords, but by the middle, it gets messy because your Time Lord would have mastered almost all of the skills, which is also a factor of what whims they may take.

I also haven't played around with historical figures yet, but I did change one neighborhood into a western theme. I'll share the screenshot later tonight. It's really fun acting out, pretending to go back or forward in time. :smiley:@Spacey72659 gave me the idea to bulldoze neighborhoods and change them into a specific era.

As for The Optimist, I'm slowly working on his story. I'll try to write an episode tonight or this week. So far, I'm on my seventh, but I'm still on chapter two for my First Optimist.

OMG so funny - I just finished episode 2 & 3 for Second Librarian and we visited the wild west lot I have in my town! LOL
    They won't be uploaded until next week. I'm going to get all of First uploaded this week, then Second next. I will be away this weekend so I can't upload anything, so there will be a major cliffhanger waiting for Second Librarian's reveal. LOL
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »

Sweet. Can't wait to meet The Explorer!

Changing the Whims came to me after playing my Seventh. He had the Childish trait, and I wanted him to act out like a brat. Also, for some reason, I had the Gardening aspiration for him. The Childish whims were infrequent, and most of the whims were gardening related. So I changed it instead to skills. The whims worked in the first few Time Lords, but by the middle, it gets messy because your Time Lord would have mastered almost all of the skills, which is also a factor of what whims they may take.

I also haven't played around with historical figures yet, but I did change one neighborhood into a western theme. I'll share the screenshot later tonight. It's really fun acting out, pretending to go back or forward in time. :smiley:@Spacey72659 gave me the idea to bulldoze neighborhoods and change them into a specific era.

As for The Optimist, I'm slowly working on his story. I'll try to write an episode tonight or this week. So far, I'm on my seventh, but I'm still on chapter two for my First Optimist.

OMG so funny - I just finished episode 2 & 3 for Second Librarian and we visited the wild west lot I have in my town! LOL
    They won't be uploaded until next week. I'm going to get all of First uploaded this week, then Second next. I will be away this weekend so I can't upload anything, so there will be a major cliffhanger waiting for Second Librarian's reveal. LOL

DUN DUN

Next Week on The Librarian

QUEUE THEME SONG

:smiley:
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    LOL!!

I actually just made a clip show for First. It's super short b/c apparently I didn't take a lot of pictures. Hahahaha.
    Second will be better, I have a lot already and he's only been around for a few (soon to be released) episodes.
    Terry: Where are we?

Optimist: The apocalypse! Muahahahaha!

April: * gasp *

Optimist: Ha! Kidding. We're in the old west.

kX6sDro.png?1
  • nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    @Spacey72659 It will be a short story, my PC is not the best.
    Well, I'm sure it will still be entertaining @nettlejuice :)
    @Spacey72659 It will be a short story, my PC is not the best.

Can't wait to see it too! I think the best thing about sharing challenge stories and LPs is their uniqueness. Everyone has a different view on things, and this is what's exciting.
    I wish there was some way to do some special effects during regeneration, I used PS action for the first one.
    I wish there was some way to do some special effects during regeneration, I used PS action for the first one.

Yeah. For now, I pause the game when they're about to drink the youth potion. The potion gives out this bright glow, and I angle my screenshots so it looks like they are burning off the previous Time Lord
    I may go back to an old save and get the glow closer to her face, it's just above her head in my current one. Wish they stayed in the same spot before and after entering CAS :|
    I may go back to an old save and get the glow closer to her face, it's just above her head in my current one. Wish they stayed in the same spot before and after entering CAS :|

I think you can also do a lot of neat things in PS. I don't have or don't know how to use PS. But here's a sample on how I did it on my Second Time Lord:

VVizFXk.jpg?1
    That looks amazing, I'll definitely try several playthroughs to get the right shot.
    My first transition was a major let down. I didn't get any light at all. It was like, wait, did that happen? Hahaha.
    Soooooo anticlimatic...
    edited March 2015
    And yes, PS would work wonders for the screenshots I bet if you played. Second Librarian looked so amazing when I was PSing him for my video thumbnail and that was just erasing and feathering out the background. LOL

Also, has anyone noticed their Sims getting moodlets from prior traits? Like, Second keeps getting tense BC he doesn't have a job BC of the Ambitious trait but that went out when First did.....so...??? It's a little annoying.
    I thought maybe it was because he had that moodlet when he switched, but he got it again last play so I'm a little confused.
    And yes, PS would work wonders for the screenshots I bet if you played. Second Librarian looked so amazing when I was PSing him for my video thumbnail and that was just erasing and feathering out the background. LOL

Also, has anyone noticed their Sims getting moodlets from prior traits? Like, Second keeps getting tense BC he doesn't have a job BC of the Ambitious trait but that went out when First did.....so...??? It's a little annoying.
    I thought maybe it was because he had that moodlet when he switched, but he got it again last play so I'm a little confused.

Yeah, it's a glitch. On my Seventh Time Lord, he had about four tense moodlets at the same time. Be wary of the Noncommittal trait. That one really gets your Time Lord tense.

To counteract the Tense moodlets, you should save up your aspiration points to purchase the Carefree reward trait. With this trait, your Time Lord will never be tense. Ever.
    Brilliant!!! I'll look and see if I can get that one now. Don't know what points I have. Second is noncommittal so that's gonna mess him up later when he's romantic!
    OMG these poor crazy things.
    I'm actually debating leaving The Librarian as a man the entire time and doing this LP again after with a Female. IDK...
    I like the idea of mixing them up but I'm also pre-sad about this ending. (I have 10 left, I'm way ahead of myself) Hahahaaa.

Maybe I'll just go the way of movies and give it a reboot 5 minutes after it ends. Lol!!
    The tense moodlet is so annoying but carefree was one of the first rewards I got =D
    The tense moodlet is so annoying but carefree was one of the first rewards I got =D

I got mine later on. It wasn't annoying until I got the noncommittal trait.
    I'm actually debating leaving The Librarian as a man the entire time and doing this LP again after with a Female. IDK...
    I like the idea of mixing them up but I'm also pre-sad about this ending. (I have 10 left, I'm way ahead of myself) Hahahaaa.

Maybe I'll just go the way of movies and give it a reboot 5 minutes after it ends. Lol!!

I'm halfway there. :'( So far my favorite is the Third. He was a Serial Romantic and was just fun to play. Lol.

I'm afraid of my Eighth. I'm going to make him Evil since I don't want my last Time Lord to be Evil. But there will be redemption, I assure you!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

You could always go the route of the Corsair, mentioned in The Doctor's Wife. He changed genders! (That's my favorite episode, I'll never forget. :tongue:)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    I chose Serial Romantic as my first aspiration and boy did I have fun and some mishaps, lol. Plus the first Explorer was an exaggerated version of myself.
    Megg87 wrote: »

You could always go the route of the Corsair, mentioned in The Doctor's Wife. He changed genders! (That's my favorite episode, I'll never forget. :tongue:)

Oooh. Thanks for reminding me! That was an unforgettable episode as well. And I just googled it and found out it was written by my favorite author, Neil Gaiman.

And I'm planning to spruce up the wording on the rules to make it sound like you, the player, are the TARDIS.

Your Time Lord thinks they are in control, but you actually call the shots where you want them to go... just like The Doctor's TARDIS.
    I chose Serial Romantic as my first aspiration and boy did I have fun and some mishaps, lol. Plus the first Explorer was an exaggerated version of myself.

The Serial Romantic is by far the best personality. It was a joy to play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top