This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

  • Options
    Leanne1989Leanne1989 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hello! I'm Leanne from the Netherlands.

    I'm always reading the forum but K thought: let's create an account and say hello.

    I'm Simming since the first game of the Sims 1 came out. I remember my very first start of the game.. it was still all in English (which al wasn't very good at on that age of 12) and I started playing with the Goth family, building a wall and a pool in the house and then my money was gone and I didn't know what I had to do.
    I remember me and my brother buying all the expansion packs and that the disc of Making Magic, the one you needed to have in the computer to start up the game, broke in the middle because it was getting in and out the CD-ROM player so many times. Since then we couldn't play it for months and suddenly we found a new Making Magic expansion for a cheaper price ( it think because of Sims 2 was already out by then) and we put the disc in the computer and it says it was the wrong license number.
    We didn't have much knowledge about save files etc at that time, so we thought the only option for us was remove the whole game and all our house/families, install it again and start over 😂
    I think Making Magic was my favorite expansion. It had literally something magical when I think about it.

    Actually I don't remember much from Sims 2. I think it s because I only played it for a year or two and then I switched to Sims 3 when it came out. But I do remember de Sims 2 stories especially Sims castaway😻

    I loved Sims 3 very much and still, but unfortunately it is not very good playable on my new M1 Mac computer. (Don't know why, something weird with the graphics ), what I miss the most now from that are the house boats from Island Paradise, Into the Future and World Adventures. For me there was a sort of thrilling mystery vibe on that game, something what I miss in Sims 4, maybe.. it was in little things like the kraken when it was swimming under your boathouse, the sound when there was a big meteorite above you, the spooky ghosts where everyone was afraid of, the sounds effects when exploring the tombs in World adventure, Into the future... even the shiny graphics of the dumps so you knew they were ready to dive in. I liked exploring things and I think the Sims 4 worlds are more boring or empty and less mystery.. but maybe it was because you could fill your Sims 3 world with much more lots and things to do.

    So, I stayed at Sims 3 for a very long time and started playing Sims 4 only 3 years ago when there were already more expansion packs. Now I also love the Sims 4 of course. I have all of the expansion pack and a lots of cc, the only things I miss are some of the kits.

    So.. that was it. Haha.
    Happy swimming!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Leanne1989 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Leanne from the Netherlands.

    I'm always reading the forum but K thought: let's create an account and say hello.

    I'm Simming since the first game of the Sims 1 came out. I remember my very first start of the game.. it was still all in English (which al wasn't very good at on that age of 12) and I started playing with the Goth family, building a wall and a pool in the house and then my money was gone and I didn't know what I had to do.
    I remember me and my brother buying all the expansion packs and that the disc of Making Magic, the one you needed to have in the computer to start up the game, broke in the middle because it was getting in and out the CD-ROM player so many times. Since then we couldn't play it for months and suddenly we found a new Making Magic expansion for a cheaper price ( it think because of Sims 2 was already out by then) and we put the disc in the computer and it says it was the wrong license number.
    We didn't have much knowledge about save files etc at that time, so we thought the only option for us was remove the whole game and all our house/families, install it again and start over 😂
    I think Making Magic was my favorite expansion. It had literally something magical when I think about it.

    Actually I don't remember much from Sims 2. I think it s because I only played it for a year or two and then I switched to Sims 3 when it came out. But I do remember de Sims 2 stories especially Sims castaway😻

    I loved Sims 3 very much and still, but unfortunately it is not very good playable on my new M1 Mac computer. (Don't know why, something weird with the graphics ), what I miss the most now from that are the house boats from Island Paradise, Into the Future and World Adventures. For me there was a sort of thrilling mystery vibe on that game, something what I miss in Sims 4, maybe.. it was in little things like the kraken when it was swimming under your boathouse, the sound when there was a big meteorite above you, the spooky ghosts where everyone was afraid of, the sounds effects when exploring the tombs in World adventure, Into the future... even the shiny graphics of the dumps so you knew they were ready to dive in. I liked exploring things and I think the Sims 4 worlds are more boring or empty and less mystery.. but maybe it was because you could fill your Sims 3 world with much more lots and things to do.

    So, I stayed at Sims 3 for a very long time and started playing Sims 4 only 3 years ago when there were already more expansion packs. Now I also love the Sims 4 of course. I have all of the expansion pack and a lots of cc, the only things I miss are some of the kits.

    So.. that was it. Haha.
    Happy swimming!!

    Hello @Leanne1989 :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It was lovely to read about your simming experiences through each version of The Sims. It is great that you have been simming since Sims 1, when you were a child and lovely that your brother was a simmer too. You would have had lots of fun simming together.
    I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    MonokumaMonokuma Posts: 18 Member
    Just want to say hello. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Monokuma wrote: »
    Just want to say hello. :)

    Hello @Monokuma :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,957 Member
    hello @Monokuma @Leanne1989 and all new simmers on the forum👋🏼🙂
  • Options
    xXarloXxxXarloXx Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey I'm Arlo
    I'm relatively new to the Sims, have played no older versions than Sims 4
    I love animals, specially horses and dogs, I work with horses when I'm not at school (insert huge sigh)
    I do post a bit in the gallery so if anyone wants to look it up lmk
    Not a pro but I enjoy playing and like talking to new people since I'm terrible at that irl
    Merry Xmas!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    xXarloXx wrote: »
    Hey I'm Arlo
    I'm relatively new to the Sims, have played no older versions than Sims 4
    I love animals, specially horses and dogs, I work with horses when I'm not at school (insert huge sigh)
    I do post a bit in the gallery so if anyone wants to look it up lmk
    Not a pro but I enjoy playing and like talking to new people since I'm terrible at that irl
    Merry Xmas!!

    Hello @xXarloXx :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you enjoy animals and that you work with horses whilst not at school. You would be enjoying playing with the Horse Ranch and Cats and Dogs packs in the sims 4. It is very nice having pets as part of our sims households.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    VixenoireVixenoire Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi I'm Vixenoire. I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 in the early 2000s. I love to build, and will be posting my lots here in the forums when I can. I didn't start playing TS4 until this year. I spent way too much money on TS3 to just give it up when TS4 was released.

    Outside of Sims I love metal music, art, gaming, and working out. I use to stream on Twitch and I'm planning on starting that up again, probably going to stream my builds. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Vixenoire wrote: »
    Hi I'm Vixenoire. I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 in the early 2000s. I love to build, and will be posting my lots here in the forums when I can. I didn't start playing TS4 until this year. I spent way too much money on TS3 to just give it up when TS4 was released.

    Outside of Sims I love metal music, art, gaming, and working out. I use to stream on Twitch and I'm planning on starting that up again, probably going to stream my builds. :)

    Hello @Vixenoire :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1 and enjoy doing building. Building is an enjoyable part of simming and is a fun way of expressing our creativity through the game! I look forward to seeing your builds that you post in the forums.
    I hope that your streaming of your builds on Twitch goes well.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    LightningMcSimLightningMcSim Posts: 8 New Member
    Helloooo!! I'm Lightning McSim ^^ I have been a huge fan of the Sims games since about 2008. Over the last couple of years I've really got in to the Sims 4... I love creating stories and playing them through the Sims 4. I love to make lots of different Sims and do building, though I'm not really very good at building.

    In my free time I love to do writing, listen to music, watch movies (my fave movie is Cars!!) and I also love reading and playing with toys :-)

    I've just started working part time at a preschool but luckily I'm still finding a lot of time to play Sims :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Helloooo!! I'm Lightning McSim ^^ I have been a huge fan of the Sims games since about 2008. Over the last couple of years I've really got in to the Sims 4... I love creating stories and playing them through the Sims 4. I love to make lots of different Sims and do building, though I'm not really very good at building.

    In my free time I love to do writing, listen to music, watch movies (my fave movie is Cars!!) and I also love reading and playing with toys :-)

    I've just started working part time at a preschool but luckily I'm still finding a lot of time to play Sims :)

    Hello @LightningMcSim :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since 2008, and have been enjoying playing Sims 4 over these last couple of years.
    It is fun to create background stories for our sims and seeing how their lives go in our games.
    I thought that you must like the Cars movie when I saw your user name :)
    I hope your new job goes well.
    Happy simmming! :)
  • Options
    LightningMcSimLightningMcSim Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @LightningMcSim :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been simming since 2008, and have been enjoying playing Sims 4 over these last couple of years.
    > It is fun to create background stories for our sims and seeing how their lives go in our games.
    > I thought that you must like the Cars movie when I saw your user name :)
    > I hope your new job goes well.
    > Happy simmming! :)

    Hello @rosemow thank you so much for your lovely welcoming message. It's so nice of you, thank you!! You are so kind and sweet. I love the Cars movie - It's my favourite animation and I watch it so much!! ^^

    Happy Simming!!
  • Options
    mashabipmashabip Posts: 1 New Member
    Помогите пожалуйста!!!!! при взрослении со стадии младенец на ребенок у моего сима происходит деформация лица, по типу веки волной кусок губы отвисает и брови формы волнистой линии. ПОМОГИТЕ ИСПРАВИТЬ (я использую моды )
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    mashabip wrote: »
    Помогите пожалуйста!!!!! при взрослении со стадии младенец на ребенок у моего сима происходит деформация лица, по типу веки волной кусок губы отвисает и брови формы волнистой линии. ПОМОГИТЕ ИСПРАВИТЬ (я использую моды )

    Hello @mashabip
    These links may help
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-Russkiy-forum/ct-p/Answer-HQ-Russian?profile.language=ru
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Mod-and-CC-Issues-Discussion-and-Support-1-103-Dec-5-amp-14-2023/td-p/13271165
  • Options
    BabyKittyGirlBabyKittyGirl Posts: 92 Member
    Hi...I'm BabyKittyGirl which is from my nickname BabyGirl I just added kitty because cats are soooo silly! Like why so cute yet so deadly? My cat spike(When Normal) Spork(When On Katnip) goes straight for the veins! Bro's a little killer...Anyway, I just came to know the sims 4 though I've played every other sims game down to the very first ds games! Anyway, I'm in love with this stuff! I'm a gamer girl! I try to hide it from others because I don't want to seem weird...BUT I'M A GAMER! DEAAAAAAAAAAL WITH IT! YEAH!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Hi...I'm BabyKittyGirl which is from my nickname BabyGirl I just added kitty because cats are soooo silly! Like why so cute yet so deadly? My cat spike(When Normal) Spork(When On Katnip) goes straight for the veins! Bro's a little killer...Anyway, I just came to know the sims 4 though I've played every other sims game down to the very first ds games! Anyway, I'm in love with this stuff! I'm a gamer girl! I try to hide it from others because I don't want to seem weird...BUT I'M A GAMER! DEAAAAAAAAAAL WITH IT! YEAH!

    Hello @BabyKittyGirl :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Cats are very cute :)
    It is great that you have played all The Sims games and are now enjoying playing Sims 4.
    Being a Simmer is not weird. There are lots of people of all ages and from all around the world who enjoy simming and have lots of fun playing the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    BabyKittyGirlBabyKittyGirl Posts: 92 Member
    mashabip wrote: »
    Помогите пожалуйста!!!!! при взрослении со стадии младенец на ребенок у моего сима происходит деформация лица, по типу веки волной кусок губы отвисает и брови формы волнистой линии. ПОМОГИТЕ ИСПРАВИТЬ (я использую моды )

    Попробуйте перейти в категорию обсуждения проблем, я уверен, что там кто-нибудь сможет вам помочь.
  • Options
    BabyKittyGirlBabyKittyGirl Posts: 92 Member
    I low key took Russian in High School
  • Options
    GeekSIMGirlGeekSIMGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Rosemow and fellow Simmers! I'm the geekSIMgirl and I'm just a SIMS builder. I tried playing SIMS as a game and didn't get as much satisfaction out of it until I discovered building. I've been building for about 3-4 years now and have loved seeing improvements in my builds. I also love watching others build and create amazing homes on YouTube. I love the packs and all the build items I can collect and hope for a creators expansion pack one day :)

    Outside of SIMS I'm an artist and blogger. I create geeky surface patterns for fabric inspired by fandoms we love (anime, superheroes, etc.) and will be selling stickers and apparel in the new year. My partner and I are cosplayers and we attend DragonCon and MomoCon every year. I sew my own costumes and he airbrushes shoes for his costumes. We're just a geeky couple trying to keep positive in this crazy world. If you're interested I'd love to share my blog, but don't want to break any rules here. I'm excited about joining this forum and hope to learn even more about the SIMS.

    💜🎮😍
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Hi Rosemow and fellow Simmers! I'm the geekSIMgirl and I'm just a SIMS builder. I tried playing SIMS as a game and didn't get as much satisfaction out of it until I discovered building. I've been building for about 3-4 years now and have loved seeing improvements in my builds. I also love watching others build and create amazing homes on YouTube. I love the packs and all the build items I can collect and hope for a creators expansion pack one day :)

    Outside of SIMS I'm an artist and blogger. I create geeky surface patterns for fabric inspired by fandoms we love (anime, superheroes, etc.) and will be selling stickers and apparel in the new year. My partner and I are cosplayers and we attend DragonCon and MomoCon every year. I sew my own costumes and he airbrushes shoes for his costumes. We're just a geeky couple trying to keep positive in this crazy world. If you're interested I'd love to share my blog, but don't want to break any rules here. I'm excited about joining this forum and hope to learn even more about the SIMS.

    💜🎮😍

    Hello @GeekSIMGirl :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is a great that you enjoy building in the game. Building is a special part of simming and is a fun and enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game. It is very nice seeing the builds of many simmers and seeing how creative they are.
    I hope that your stickers and apparel business in the New Year goes very well :)
    You could perhaps share a link to your blog in the off topic section of the forums, in a new thread after you become a full Sims member.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    8doggone8doggone Posts: 18 Member
    I'm Sienna and I mostly play Sims 4 (although Sims 3 is amazing too) and I hope to write some simlit here!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    8doggone wrote: »
    I'm Sienna and I mostly play Sims 4 (although Sims 3 is amazing too) and I hope to write some simlit here!

    Hello @8doggone :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy writing simlit. It is great to write stories about the sims that we play in our games.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Hellooo! As you can see by the presence of a profile picture on the side there, I've been here before, but I got booted to a computer that couldn't run Sims and stayed that way for two years. Oops! Well, now I'm on a better computer, and I hope to be back in the swing of it soon!
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

    Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    NoWindows wrote: »
    Hellooo! As you can see by the presence of a profile picture on the side there, I've been here before, but I got booted to a computer that couldn't run Sims and stayed that way for two years. Oops! Well, now I'm on a better computer, and I hope to be back in the swing of it soon!

    Hello @NoWindows :) It is great that you now have a better computer, are back simming again and have returned to the forums.
    I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading and posting on the forums, and have fun simming again.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SqueamishNerdSqueamishNerd Posts: 24 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, well, kinda, I joined some years ago but haven't been active xD

    I mostly play The Sims 1 and 4, and I'm mostly a storyteller. I create long-running, non-legacy stories over on Twitter, Tumblr, and Bluesky :smile:, but I also build and create sims :smile:

    And now I'm trying to get points so that I can actually do something other than commenting on this site ^^' Any suggestions on how to become a full member are appreciated :smile: I don't want to leave random comments on stuff just because xD
    My Sims stories

    The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

    The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top