Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• ElleMonAmourElleMonAmour Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 10
    Hi everyone! My name is Elle and I'm very new to the game and forum. I didn't know much about the Sims until I recently saw a youtube video about building houses here and I immediately knew I had to have this game! Years ago, I was heavily involved with IMVU where I was a content creator and spent an enormous amount of time on their forum. I'm sure I'm going to love it here just as much and look forward to meeting you all.
    Post edited by ElleMonAmour on
    4lj26goiiwow.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,698 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Elle and I'm very new to the game and forum. I didn't know much about the Sims until I recently saw a youtube video about building houses here and I immediately knew I had to have this game! Years ago, I was heavily involved with IMVU where I was a content creator and spent an enormous amount of time of their forum. I'm sure I'm going to love it here just as much and look forward to meeting you all.

Hello @ElleLaAmore :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that seeing a simming YouTube video has encouraged you to buy the game. I hope you have lots of fun building homes and venues and playing your sims households in your game :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • YesshesasimmerYesshesasimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Hey Hey, New here. I am YesShesASimmer and I have been playing the Sims since Sim City in middle school. I have played all variations of the game and I love love it. I have a YouTube channel where I create and share The Sims 4 Machinima's. This is new to me and I am still learning. It's been inspiring to see all the user created challenges and stories on this forum. My current story is The Road and I am very proud of it. I wrote the story as a novel years ago and it is amazing to see it come to live https://youtu.be/5KUGcEmMISI I look forward to getting to know you all!
    edited September 9
    Hey Hey, New here. I am YesShesASimmer and I have been playing the Sims since Sim City in middle school. I have played all variations of the game and I love love it. I have a YouTube channel where I create and share The Sims 4 Machinima's. This is new to me and I am still learning. It's been inspiring to see all the user created challenges and stories on this forum. My current story is The Road and I am very proud of it. I wrote the story as a novel years ago and it is amazing to see it come to live https /youtu.be/5KUGcEmMISI I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hello @Yesshesasimmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since SimCity and have played all the Sims versions. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours simming over the years.
    It is great that you have a simming YouTube channel! It is great that what you wrote as a novel, you now have as a machinima!
  • ProfileProfile Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello I'm Profile.

I work in the circus, have done since I was a toddler pretty much. Now I'm 18 I can do the high wire and am a clown lol. My mum, dad and brother are a part of the same circus it's our home and pretty much all I've ever done.

When I'm not working I like to play the Sims games, Stardew Valley and love to write and sing. I love to collect things as well. I have lots of souvenirs of things I've collected from all the places we've traveled to.

Nice to meet you ^^
  • storymingstoryming Posts: 28 Member
    Hi! I'm new here. I recently got Sims 4 specifically for the create-a-pet feature in the Cats and Dogs extension pack. I have been exploring how to put a house together in build mode and how to navigate a Sim's day in live mode. I have been working on building a house (for one Sim and a pet) with all the items and features I want in a new home, within the starting budget. What I am wondering about is, how do I calculate the funds (minimum) I should still have remaining for my Sim to live on, with her cat, until she can find and start a job?
    Profile wrote: »
    Hello I'm Profile.

I work in the circus, have done since I was a toddler pretty much. Now I'm 18 I can do the high wire and am a clown lol. My mum, dad and brother are a part of the same circus it's our home and pretty much all I've ever done.

When I'm not working I like to play the Sims games, Stardew Valley and love to write and sing. I love to collect things as well. I have lots of souvenirs of things I've collected from all the places we've traveled to.

Nice to meet you ^^

Hello @profile :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you belong to a circus family! It would be exciting and interesting travelling from one place to another and meeting many people.
    It is very nice that you enjoy simming, writing and singing when taking a break from your circus work.
    storyming wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new here. I recently got Sims 4 specifically for the create-a-pet feature in the Cats and Dogs extension pack. I have been exploring how to put a house together in build mode and how to navigate a Sim's day in live mode. I have been working on building a house (for one Sim and a pet) with all the items and features I want in a new home, within the starting budget. What I am wondering about is, how do I calculate the funds (minimum) I should still have remaining for my Sim to live on, with her cat, until she can find and start a job?

Hello @storyming :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The cats and dogs pack is great! Sims pets are cute!
    You may like to post your question in this link thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974004/new-simmers-welcome-community-s-tips-tricks-to-get-started#latest
  • SimsAngelSimsAngel Posts: 4 New Member
    Sul sul!

New to the Sims forums but not new to Sims. Happy to be on the official forums. :smile:

Call me SimsAngel, Angel, whichever. I am married and love playing Sims on the side. I'm a huge PC gamer for years. Mainly the more calming games although once in awhile I'll play a shooter game. I love dogs, sleeping, reading, and writing. Hope to get know all of you around the forums and discuss our favorite game together, Sims!
    SimsAngel wrote: »
    Sul sul!

New to the Sims forums but not new to Sims. Happy to be on the official forums. :smile:

Call me SimsAngel, Angel, whichever. I am married and love playing Sims on the side. I'm a huge PC gamer for years. Mainly the more calming games although once in awhile I'll play a shooter game. I love dogs, sleeping, reading, and writing. Hope to get know all of you around the forums and discuss our favorite game together, Sims!

Hello @SimsAngel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you love dogs. You would like your sims families to have dogs as a part of their household. Sims pets are very cute!
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    I'll reintroduce myself because it's been forever and I can actually type properly now without making a typo every sentence so hooray~

I'm Mel, short for Melody. As my name suggests, I adore music and have a wide taste in music, I will indulge in most genres. My biggest wish is more instruments and such in the sims 4, I'd love to see bands make a return too. Though I am glad that violin, my favourite and main instrument among the fair few that I play, was always included. (though I would die for an electric violin in game!)

Other than music, I'm a gamer for sure, I love fantasy, rpg, horror, and of course "calmer" games such as the sims. (calm when I'm building/creating sims. gameplay can be another matter entirely!) I enjoy books, my favourite of which include the HP series, His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman and The Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett.

I love animals too, but it is rats and cats that are close to my heart.

I'm not super active, but I'm starting to play the sims more so honestly you never know if you'll see more of me or not, or if I disappear into the shadows again.

I come across as a bit morbid and such. But in reality, I also love cute things, but I didn't say that at all, it's a secret ;)
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
    I'll reintroduce myself because it's been forever and I can actually type properly now without making a typo every sentence so hooray~

I'm Mel, short for Melody. As my name suggests, I adore music and have a wide taste in music, I will indulge in most genres. My biggest wish is more instruments and such in the sims 4, I'd love to see bands make a return too. Though I am glad that violin, my favourite and main instrument among the fair few that I play, was always included. (though I would die for an electric violin in game!)

Other than music, I'm a gamer for sure, I love fantasy, rpg, horror, and of course "calmer" games such as the sims. (calm when I'm building/creating sims. gameplay can be another matter entirely!) I enjoy books, my favourite of which include the HP series, His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman and The Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett.

I love animals too, but it is rats and cats that are close to my heart.

I'm not super active, but I'm starting to play the sims more so honestly you never know if you'll see more of me or not, or if I disappear into the shadows again.

I come across as a bit morbid and such. But in reality, I also love cute things, but I didn't say that at all, it's a secret ;)

Hello @xManicMelodicx :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you enjoy music. Having the sims playing music in our games is enjoyable. Perhaps one day, the bands feature will come to Sims 4.
    With you loving cats, you would like having cats as a part of your sims household.
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Returning Simmer! Hi...I used to be on this form a lot a few years ago and well, life got in the way and I could no longer play SIMS 4.

I finally am able to play again but have discovered I lost all my building skills LOL

So, back here and looking to relearn everything I used to know (split level homes, multi platform stairs, etc.) so I can be a great builder (or try to be) again.

If anyone can point me in the direction of building tips, tricks and so forth so I can build amazing homes, make my own art, and all that jazz.

Thanks for everything in advance and it's great to be back.

I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Returning Simmer! Hi...I used to be on this form a lot a few years ago and well, life got in the way and I could no longer play SIMS 4.

I finally am able to play again but have discovered I lost all my building skills LOL

So, back here and looking to relearn everything I used to know (split level homes, multi platform stairs, etc.) so I can be a great builder (or try to be) again.

If anyone can point me in the direction of building tips, tricks and so forth so I can build amazing homes, make my own art, and all that jazz.

Thanks for everything in advance and it's great to be back.

Hello @jeswainston65 :)
    It is great to see you back on the forums!
    Perhaps if you look at some build mode simming videos that simmers have posted may help you.
  • Blue_Jay_2003Blue_Jay_2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I'm Jay/Jacob, I've been playing the Sims 4 for years but I completely neglected the forums! I have dogs and even work at doggy daycare! Best job in the world! I wish I explored the forums sooner, still trying tofind my way around ahah.
    Hi, I'm Jay/Jacob, I've been playing the Sims 4 for years but I completely neglected the forums! I have dogs and even work at doggy daycare! Best job in the world! I wish I explored the forums sooner, still trying tofind my way around ahah.

Hello @Blue_Jay_2003 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been Sims 4 simming for many years. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the time.
    Sims dogs in the game are cute! It is very nice that you have dogs in both your real life and in the Sims.
    I see a 'photogenic' badge for 10 points. But as a new member I cannot upload photos... to earn that badge... to gain points... to become a full member who is able to share photos...
    I see a 'photogenic' badge for 10 points. But as a new member I cannot upload photos... to earn that badge... to gain points... to become a full member who is able to share photos...

Hello @storyming
    You just need two more posts and then you can become a full member. You have enough points.
    edited September 17
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @storyming
    > You just need two more posts and then you can become a full member. You have enough points.

@rosemow , Hi! Thank you! I'm a full member now! WOOT!
    edited September 17
    (...can't delete posted comments, only edit...?)
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 17
    Hello, I am Missmagoo2!
    I've been playing the Sims (1-4) since I was a wee lamb, but now I'm a grown up sheep.
    Funnily enough, I used to pride myself in only playing vanilla, but after I graduated from university, I had more time to play around. Ever since, I've been addicted. I'm a fan of the ever "controversial" alpha cc.
    Oh! And I'm really very terrible at building, so if anyone knows of any good base-game builds, please point me in the right direction.

I sometimes pop in and out of the forums, but when I'm here, I like to look at what everyone's been up to for inspiration. I tend to get lost in CAS and forget to even play my game. I struggle with "same-ness", so I get bored fairly quickly. :'(
    Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.com/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    edited September 17
    Sixteen wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Sixteen. I play The Sims 4 but started with The Sims 3, I changed to The Sims 4 because I preferred the new graphics think they look cute and the new build tools are a lot of fun as well. I'm liking the new content that's been added. In RL my health is very bad and I don't get out much and can't do the things most people do now, that's another reason why I like The Sims so much because it means I have this other me where I can do things and have the perfect fun life :)

I'm a big Disney and animation fan and I love doing creative writing when I can. I love listening to music.

Hello @sixteen :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and now play Sims 4 also.
    I am sorry to hear that you have health issues. It is good that simming helps you as you live with your health condition.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @storyming
    > You just need two more posts and then you can become a full member. You have enough points.

@rosemow , Hi! Thank you! I'm a full member now! WOOT!

Congratulations on becoming a full member! :)
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Hello, I am Missmagoo2!
    I've been playing the Sims (1-4) since I was a wee lamb, but now I'm a grown up sheep.
    Funnily enough, I used to pride myself in only playing vanilla, but after I graduated from university, I had more time to play around. Ever since, I've been addicted. I'm a fan of the ever "controversial" alpha cc.
    Oh! And I'm really very terrible at building, so if anyone knows of any good base-game builds, please point me in the right direction.

I sometimes pop in and out of the forums, but when I'm here, I like to look at what everyone's been up to for inspiration. I tend to get lost in CAS and forget to even play my game. I struggle with "same-ness", so I get bored fairly quickly. :'(

Hello @Missmagoo2 :)
    It is very nice that you have played all the versions of The Sims, and that you began simming when a young child. It is lovely that simming has been a part of your life as you were growing up.
    Sashraf1 has some lovely base game builds.
    Happy simming ! :)