Simmers! Did you miss the Behind the Sims Livestream on Twitch? You can still check it out here. You can also follow along in the dedicated thread here as well.
It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes a whole heap of bug fixes and console improvements. Click here to read the notes.
January 27th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Lol you know me Rose 🥰💖🤲🏽
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

    Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    jillybu wrote: »
    Sul sul!

    I'm jillibu! I've been playing the sims since the very first game was released! I've been away for quite some time because I didn't have a computer to run the game. But I'm back and excitedly dig into sims 4!

    Hello @jillybu :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the first Sims game. You would have enjoyed playing a number of sims households over the time and seeing what happened in their sims life.
    It is great that after a break you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4 :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Lol you know me Rose 🥰💖🤲🏽
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

    Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me

    Hello @DeeSimsGirl :) It was great to see your posts on the other threads :)
    I hope your YouTube simming channel goes well.
    Happy simming! :)
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Lol you know me Rose 🥰💖🤲🏽
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

    Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me

    Hello @DeeSimsGirl :) It was great to see your posts on the other threads :)
    I hope your YouTube simming channel goes well.
    Happy simming! :)

    Happy Simming to you as well!!!! 🥰💖💖💖♥️♥️♥️🤲🏽
  • rachaelleighbrachaelleighb Posts: 2 New Member
    Sul Sul! I am Rachael, I have been a long-time lover of the Sims since I was 5 years old! ...I'm 22 now. I first started playing The Sims on my older sister's laptop. I got the Sims2 and shortly after Sims3 in 2009. And of course, I HAD to get Sims4 as soon as it was released. I absolutely love the game, even with its bugs and glitches. I am super excited to be a part of this community! I love doing challenges and testing out new ways to play the game. I love mods and Maxis Match CC. I am currently starting to write up my own Sims Legacy Challenge!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Sul Sul! I am Rachael, I have been a long-time lover of the Sims since I was 5 years old! ...I'm 22 now. I first started playing The Sims on my older sister's laptop. I got the Sims2 and shortly after Sims3 in 2009. And of course, I HAD to get Sims4 as soon as it was released. I absolutely love the game, even with its bugs and glitches. I am super excited to be a part of this community! I love doing challenges and testing out new ways to play the game. I love mods and Maxis Match CC. I am currently starting to write up my own Sims Legacy Challenge!

    Hello @rachaelleighb :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have simming since the original Sims 1 and that you started simming when a young child :) It is lovely that playing the Sims versions has been a part of your life as you were growing up.
    Doing simming challenges is great! It is an enjoyable way of simming in new ways than how we may normally play.
    Happy simming! :)
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 72 Member
    Hello, I'm JellyBelly_3! I've been addicted to the sims since I was 8 years old. When I was young, my mom would let me and my sisters watch her play, and sometimes she'll let us play, but since then, I've been sim crazed! I just turned 21 years old on August 16th, but when I was 19, I saved up money to get a good gaming computer and instantly purchased the sims. I've always been obsessed with renovation shows and real estate, and fun fact: at one time in life, I thought I was going to go to school for real estate but chose Early Childhood Education instead. Other than that, I love to unwind by playing the sims and creating homes and sims, but mostly homes :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hello, I'm JellyBelly_3! I've been addicted to the sims since I was 8 years old. When I was young, my mom would let me and my sisters watch her play, and sometimes she'll let us play, but since then, I've been sim crazed! I just turned 21 years old on August 16th, but when I was 19, I saved up money to get a good gaming computer and instantly purchased the sims. I've always been obsessed with renovation shows and real estate, and fun fact: at one time in life, I thought I was going to go to school for real estate but chose Early Childhood Education instead. Other than that, I love to unwind by playing the sims and creating homes and sims, but mostly homes :)

    Hello @jellybelly_3 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you have enjoyed the Sims since you were a young child, and that your Mother was a simmer. It is great that you were able to buy a good gaming computer and then could enjoy playing the game yourself on your own computer. Congratulations on turning 21! :) That is exciting! Simming is a great way to relax and take a break from all that the day and our lives are holding.
    Happy simming! :)
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 72 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @jellybelly_3 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is lovely that you have enjoyed the Sims since you were a young child, and that your Mother was a simmer. It is great that you were able to buy a good gaming computer and then could enjoy playing the game yourself on your own computer. Congratulations on turning 21! :) That is exciting! Simming is a great way to relax and take a break from all that the day and our lives are holding.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you rose! It's nice to meet you too and to finally be apart of something.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @jellybelly_3 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is lovely that you have enjoyed the Sims since you were a young child, and that your Mother was a simmer. It is great that you were able to buy a good gaming computer and then could enjoy playing the game yourself on your own computer. Congratulations on turning 21! :) That is exciting! Simming is a great way to relax and take a break from all that the day and our lives are holding.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you rose! It's nice to meet you too and to finally be apart of something.

    You’re welcome :)
  • Alwayzboredkid15Alwayzboredkid15 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Alwayzboredkid15 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming for a long time. You would have enjoyed spending many happy times simming and seeing what happened next in the lives of your sims. Simming is fun!
    > Happy simming! :)

    Hi @rosemow! I fully agree with you!
  • ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Sims Community and RoseyMow. I have been playing since Sims 2. Sims 3 Gallery my studio name is under FaeIsabella. In 2020 got busy creating in Sims 4 as ReneHollyDesigns. I hope you all stop by my catalog. Hugs to RoseyMow who is so kind and helpful to all simmers.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hi Sims Community and RoseyMow. I have been playing since Sims 2. Sims 3 Gallery my studio name is under FaeIsabella. In 2020 got busy creating in Sims 4 as ReneHollyDesigns. I hope you all stop by my catalog. Hugs to RoseyMow who is so kind and helpful to all simmers.

    Hello @ReneHollyDesigns :) It is lovely seeing you on the forums.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time, playing, creating sims and building in the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • vulpdenvulpden Posts: 16 Member
    Love that this thread has been going since 2015.
    Hi! I'm Vulp, I'm 20 and have been playing since I used the big clunky family computer as a child to play The Sims 2 and Theme Hospital. I do play both TS4 and TS2 but I MUCH prefer TS2. I don't have many packs for TS4 because it's just so much money, but I do play [and mainly build] from time to time!
    I'm absolutely obsessed with lore, which is why I think 2 is my favourite still. A little sad that TS4 was a refresh and didn't really expand on the stories :( But I do like the modernity and some interface changes, especially in building, that just makes it smoother. I'm VulpDens on the gallery!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    vulpden wrote: »
    Love that this thread has been going since 2015.
    Hi! I'm Vulp, I'm 20 and have been playing since I used the big clunky family computer as a child to play The Sims 2 and Theme Hospital. I do play both TS4 and TS2 but I MUCH prefer TS2. I don't have many packs for TS4 because it's just so much money, but I do play [and mainly build] from time to time!
    I'm absolutely obsessed with lore, which is why I think 2 is my favourite still. A little sad that TS4 was a refresh and didn't really expand on the stories :( But I do like the modernity and some interface changes, especially in building, that just makes it smoother. I'm VulpDens on the gallery!

    Hello @vulpden :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when you were a child using your family’s computer, and that you play Sims 2 and Sims 4. It is great reading the background details behind the sim characters and families.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Ry_bread_54Ry_bread_54 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi im ry I play a lot of sims and minecraft. I'm making new lore for the sims 4 and im nonbinary asexual omniromantic
    thats why i love nestle crunch.lsiyb4iaupkm.jpeg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hello @Ry_bread_54 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads. It is great that you enjoy playing minecraft also.
    Happy simming! :)
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve loved the Sims since I first discovered them back in Sims 2 days, and I then played Sims 3 and now Sims 4. I still play 2 and 3 regularly as I think they’re both still great. But I’ve gone much deeper into Sims 4, getting more packs than I ever did with the previous games. And thanks to posts on these forums I’ve learnt how to set up my own system of rotational play, which helps keep the game fresh and stops me getting bored! I’ve been lurking on the forums for over a year and have learnt so much that I would never have discovered by myself, so I’m really pleased to finally be part of the community! My user name is a bit random as I chose it years ago and can’t now remember why!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve loved the Sims since I first discovered them back in Sims 2 days, and I then played Sims 3 and now Sims 4. I still play 2 and 3 regularly as I think they’re both still great. But I’ve gone much deeper into Sims 4, getting more packs than I ever did with the previous games. And thanks to posts on these forums I’ve learnt how to set up my own system of rotational play, which helps keep the game fresh and stops me getting bored! I’ve been lurking on the forums for over a year and have learnt so much that I would never have discovered by myself, so I’m really pleased to finally be part of the community! My user name is a bit random as I chose it years ago and can’t now remember why!

    Hello @FreddyFox1234 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2, and continue to enjoy playing Sims 2, Sims 3 and now Sims 4. Simming is fun! It is great that you have rotational play in your game.
    I hope you will continue to enjoy reading the forums threads, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone,

    Although I have been playing Sims for decades - since it first came out and my son introduced me to this magnificent world - I have not introduced myself before. I have been a forum member for years and am a regular reader of the forum posts, but never confident enough in myself to actually introduce myself before. So, here goes...

    I'm an older Aussie gal originally from Brisbane area in Qld; however, when kids grew up and moved on... so did I. In my 60s now with kids and grandkids, and we are still very much a Sims playing family.

    I have loved so many aspects of each Sims generation -

    Sims 1 - so unique and different - probably a favourite because of that - the sound track was great - favourite pack was probably Makin Magic with its carnival theme and magic was absolutely riveting gameplay for its time.

    Sims 2 - probably my favourite for content and gameplay, loved hobbies and dragons - probably the most intense CC gameplay especially around our favourite tv shows eg Charmed - recreating the Halliwell manor and storyline along with characters and demons.

    Sims 3 - future world - wow - having fun changing outcomes - same family played in several different saves became so different so quickly - incredible how introducing yourself to one sim could have such massive consequences in your sim's future! The colour wheel and ability to have paint samples, wallpapers, furniture or clothes and accessories etc actually match! Probably one of the things I miss most in Sims 4. The open world was incredible and fantastic playability as long as the computer could cope! At one point whenever I played Sims 3, my computer's clock changed in time with the game time - caused several crashes until I realized what was happening, then set an external timer so I logged out regularly to reset the computer's date and clock.

    Sims 4 - Amazing graphics, but gameplay is so shallow and cartoonish. Miss the depth of gameplay the previous Sims have all provided. Majorly miss horses and the gameplay around them; raising the dragons from eggs to adults; Cars and giving driving lessons to our sims; the rock star giving concerts... The gameplay in Sims 4 is much more guided and limited (reminds me of the story packs that were available during Sims 2 era) - and despite claiming inclusivity, Sims 4 is NOT! I would love to have a sim with milder ocd behaviours as I have eg unable to leave home until kitchen is spotless, needing to triple check door is locked...

    Regardless of my complaints about Sims 4, I probably would not be alive without it and my first foray into external mods that allowed me to act out some of my anger and frustrations (as well as helping to cope with serious chronic pain) resulting from serious spinal injury in workplace attack - literally had to learn to walk again after medical team said I would live life in a wheelchair.

    I for one am an avid and loyal Sims player owning every expansion for all generations of Sims as well as the many offshoots (eg Carnival world, Story packs...), but I do not want to be part of a multi-player world. Please give us the option to remain playing as a solo-player in Sims 5. I have played a version of Multi-player style gameplay with my children - it can be frustrating - and I am too much of a highly functioning Autistic OCD control freak to cope with that now. Sims is now my escape from my current reality - My sims get to live the active lifestyle I used to - go dancing, skiing, diving and actual swimming and all the other activities I currently am unable to do yet!

    Congratulations and Thankyou EA for many fabulous (and at time frustrating) memories. Our family still bonds through Sims, even though we are living in different areas of the world.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    brizgal wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

    Although I have been playing Sims for decades - since it first came out and my son introduced me to this magnificent world - I have not introduced myself before. I have been a forum member for years and am a regular reader of the forum posts, but never confident enough in myself to actually introduce myself before. So, here goes...

    I'm an older Aussie gal originally from Brisbane area in Qld; however, when kids grew up and moved on... so did I. In my 60s now with kids and grandkids, and we are still very much a Sims playing family.

    I have loved so many aspects of each Sims generation -

    Sims 1 - so unique and different - probably a favourite because of that - the sound track was great - favourite pack was probably Makin Magic with its carnival theme and magic was absolutely riveting gameplay for its time.

    Sims 2 - probably my favourite for content and gameplay, loved hobbies and dragons - probably the most intense CC gameplay especially around our favourite tv shows eg Charmed - recreating the Halliwell manor and storyline along with characters and demons.

    Sims 3 - future world - wow - having fun changing outcomes - same family played in several different saves became so different so quickly - incredible how introducing yourself to one sim could have such massive consequences in your sim's future! The colour wheel and ability to have paint samples, wallpapers, furniture or clothes and accessories etc actually match! Probably one of the things I miss most in Sims 4. The open world was incredible and fantastic playability as long as the computer could cope! At one point whenever I played Sims 3, my computer's clock changed in time with the game time - caused several crashes until I realized what was happening, then set an external timer so I logged out regularly to reset the computer's date and clock.

    Sims 4 - Amazing graphics, but gameplay is so shallow and cartoonish. Miss the depth of gameplay the previous Sims have all provided. Majorly miss horses and the gameplay around them; raising the dragons from eggs to adults; Cars and giving driving lessons to our sims; the rock star giving concerts... The gameplay in Sims 4 is much more guided and limited (reminds me of the story packs that were available during Sims 2 era) - and despite claiming inclusivity, Sims 4 is NOT! I would love to have a sim with milder ocd behaviours as I have eg unable to leave home until kitchen is spotless, needing to triple check door is locked...

    Regardless of my complaints about Sims 4, I probably would not be alive without it and my first foray into external mods that allowed me to act out some of my anger and frustrations (as well as helping to cope with serious chronic pain) resulting from serious spinal injury in workplace attack - literally had to learn to walk again after medical team said I would live life in a wheelchair.

    I for one am an avid and loyal Sims player owning every expansion for all generations of Sims as well as the many offshoots (eg Carnival world, Story packs...), but I do not want to be part of a multi-player world. Please give us the option to remain playing as a solo-player in Sims 5. I have played a version of Multi-player style gameplay with my children - it can be frustrating - and I am too much of a highly functioning Autistic OCD control freak to cope with that now. Sims is now my escape from my current reality - My sims get to live the active lifestyle I used to - go dancing, skiing, diving and actual swimming and all the other activities I currently am unable to do yet!

    Congratulations and Thankyou EA for many fabulous (and at time frustrating) memories. Our family still bonds through Sims, even though we are living in different areas of the world.

    Hello @brizgal :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming from the original Sims 1 and have played each of the versions. It is lovely and very special that your family are simmers also ❤️ You would enjoy chatting about what is happening in your games and about your households. It is encouraging that playing the sims has helped you cope with your health and chronic pain.
    Simming is a great way of taking an enjoyable and fun break from all that our lives and day is holding.
    Happy simming! :)
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 43 Member
    Thankyou Rosemow.

    Yes it is fantastic that we still bond as a family with Sims. In fact, my eldest and youngest daughters and I still play a modern Sims 4 version of the family game we all played (see some of my frustrating memories) starting in Sims 1 and then recreated in each new generation of sims. It is interesting chatting and finding how different each of those families are becoming now. My family has become a single grandma with children and grandchildren living in different towns/cities. My youngest focuses solely on her recreations of grandma and herself. My eldest plays it with her children in the multi-player style that we used to, and she now understands some of my frustrations after spending many hours developing a character and story line only to log back in and find it totally disrupted by actions from the kids' characters - kind of like real life actually. My son still enjoys making custom content occasionally when real-life time allows. He has a Santa's wishlist from us that he claims he will never complete!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    brizgal wrote: »
    Thankyou Rosemow.

    Yes it is fantastic that we still bond as a family with Sims. In fact, my eldest and youngest daughters and I still play a modern Sims 4 version of the family game we all played (see some of my frustrating memories) starting in Sims 1 and then recreated in each new generation of sims. It is interesting chatting and finding how different each of those families are becoming now. My family has become a single grandma with children and grandchildren living in different towns/cities. My youngest focuses solely on her recreations of grandma and herself. My eldest plays it with her children in the multi-player style that we used to, and she now understands some of my frustrations after spending many hours developing a character and story line only to log back in and find it totally disrupted by actions from the kids' characters - kind of like real life actually. My son still enjoys making custom content occasionally when real-life time allows. He has a Santa's wishlist from us that he claims he will never complete!

    You’re welcome :)
  • Jeremy_GoneWildJeremy_GoneWild Posts: 4 New Member
    Sul sul! I'm new to the forum but I am an old Sims player, been playing since SimCity 2000. I have played Sims 1, 2, 3, 4, mobile, and freeplay, as well as several iterations of SimCity. I didn't get into the Sims 4 until a few months ago, for various reasons, but now that I've invested in a bunch of DLC for Sims 4 I've really gotten into it. Actually I have more DLC for Sims 4 than I ever had for previous Sims games. I think my favorite pack is the werewolves pack. I'm not a very good builder, but I do my best. My partner is a much better builder than me. I really enjoy making new Sims though. My partner and I share my gallery account, as we share a gaming PC. Previously we were both playing on Playstation using his account and posting on his gallery, but now that we're on PC we are using mine. So basically we've both share each-other's gallery accounts, but my account is our current one. Same username as here. Here's a link to my gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Jeremy_GoneWild&max=50&maxis=false

    I really like to play with occult sims. In fact, in my saves, humans usually end up being the minority in the long run. So of course my gallery has a lot of occult sims, including some legacy sims that made the jump from the playstation to the PC (via gallery transfer).

    I have different saves for mods and vanilla experiences. Some of my favorite mods are also occult related, particularly mods by SpinningPlumbobs and Zero, such as fairies vs witches and vampires can kill. Lately I've been playing vanilla a lot though because we've had some patches lately that broke a some of my mods, and it's kind of annoying to start new saves when patches break mods so I'm just trying to play with less mods now. Also I'm not sure all of my mods were fully compatible with each-other. But a lot of those occult mods really are amazing. I'm just now dipping my toes in building mods like TOOL, but I haven't gotten good at using that yet. Like I said, I'm mostly playing vanilla now anyway, but I have a ton of packs so I'm still having a full experience.

    Like many, I've had my fair share of technical issues recently, especially since the HSY patch in particular. Don't worry, I won't bring my technical issues here, I know where the help forum is (and the people there have been quite helpful). My long-lifespan legacy save was sadly lost due to rapid aging. Its sad, and I certainly have been critical of EA's priorities with this amazing game in recent weeks. I wasn't around for the Dine-Out or My Wedding Stories launch, so I missed all that drama, and only heard about it in the wake of the HSY launch. Funny enough, though, Dine-Out works for me. I don't have MWS though, and probably won't buy that in the foreseeable future.

    I don't just play Sim games, but I'm also terminally online and you can find me anywhere with the same username as here. Occasionally I stream on Twitch, and every rare once in a while I post animal related content on YouTube.

    I'm happy to be here! Happy simming!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hello @Jeremy_GoneWild :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since SimsCity2000 and have played each version of the Sims. It is great that you and your partner are both simmers. You would enjoy talking together about your games.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forums threads and posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top