Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm Corinne from Indiana! I have been playing Sims since the start. I was around 13 at the time and I remember playing Sims as soon as I got home from school and when I turned around to take a break the sun was back up and it was the next day! It was love at first gameplay I guess you could say. Being a teen mom at 16 my daughter and I spent a lot of time playing Sims 2 to occupy our time. She is now 15 and a Sim lover as well. I am also a stay at home mom with 9 kids ( 4 under 4) so if I get down time at night Sims is my relaxation. I love everything about the game so I do not even know where to start with that topic. I own all the games but right now I am playing Sims 4 one household for one year to see how far I can go. I enjoy building, posting to the gallery, and reading/watching all the amazing YouTuber content that is out here on Sims! Hope to make some Sim friends and share my stories with you all soon!

Hello @theemaskedsimmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1, and that you started simming as a teen. Time goes very fast when we are playing the game! We want to see what happens next in the lives of our sims, or want to do a bit more on our build, and the time disappears!
    It is very nice that your daughter is a simmer also. You would be kept busy looking after your lovely children <3 It is very nice that you enjoy simming as your relaxation. I hope your household that you are playing for a year goes very well.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    CrimsonettaCrimsonetta Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Brianna! I'm actually new to Sims and Forums. I saw Sims 4 on sale a few months back and decided to give it a go and now I'm obsessed. I'm a mom of 3 toddlers, so I can only find time to play once they're asleep. It causes me to probably stay up later than I should since I get so absorbed into the game! Looking forward to making some friends :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi everyone, I'm Brianna! I'm actually new to Sims and Forums. I saw Sims 4 on sale a few months back and decided to give it a go and now I'm obsessed. I'm a mom of 3 toddlers, so I can only find time to play once they're asleep. It causes me to probably stay up later than I should since I get so absorbed into the game! Looking forward to making some friends :smile:

Hello @Crimsonetta :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have recently started simming and are enjoying it. Simming is very fun! You would be kept busy looking after your lovely toddlers <3 It is very nice that you enjoy playing it when they are asleep. Time does disappear very quickly when we are simming!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
  • Options
    baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Hi. I go by Baniduh Aine nowadays, but you're welcome to abbreviate my name in any way you want since I know it is a mess.
    I've been playing the Sims ever since I stumbled upon Apartment Life some years ago, I don't actually remember the year, but maybe 2008? And so I've been playing it on and off for years, until the events of these past 2 years lead to me playing more and eventually get into creating stuff.
    I exclusively play the Sims 4 these days, since my computer really doesn't like running the Sims 3, and may or may not have a slight CC addiction... Kidding, I have so much stuff I have to wait ages for the game to load every time. But I love it.
    I find that the love for this game gives me an easy way to interact with other people, since being on the spectrum has always made me doubt myself when trying to communicate with others, and since I've been talking to other Simmers more and more I figured might as well get into the forums as well.
    I hope to make some friends here or at the very least share the love for the Sims 4 haha
  • Options
    Hi. I go by Baniduh Aine nowadays, but you're welcome to abbreviate my name in any way you want since I know it is a mess.
    I've been playing the Sims ever since I stumbled upon Apartment Life some years ago, I don't actually remember the year, but maybe 2008? And so I've been playing it on and off for years, until the events of these past 2 years lead to me playing more and eventually get into creating stuff.
    I exclusively play the Sims 4 these days, since my computer really doesn't like running the Sims 3, and may or may not have a slight CC addiction... Kidding, I have so much stuff I have to wait ages for the game to load every time. But I love it.
    I find that the love for this game gives me an easy way to interact with other people, since being on the spectrum has always made me doubt myself when trying to communicate with others, and since I've been talking to other Simmers more and more I figured might as well get into the forums as well.
    I hope to make some friends here or at the very least share the love for the Sims 4 haha

Hello @baniduhaine :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for many years. You would have enjoyed spending many fun simming hours over the time, creating, building amd playing in live mode. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I’m here on the forums because I LOVE the sims. I may not have been around when the sims 1 came out. I’m mainly here to read stories but will occasionally post
  • Options
    hiddengnomeshiddengnomes Posts: 21 Member
    Hi everyone! (Warning: I’m a bit bad at introducing/talking about myself) My name is Yanet and I’m new to the sims forum (even though I have the 9 year anniversary badge). I enjoy drawing, simming, and reading books from time to time.
    I’ve just recently started using the forums, but I’ve been playing sims ever since Sims 2 pets came out on console for ps2. Being an animal lover myself you know I had to have about 5 dogs and 2 cats :D I currently play on PC and have all the expansions, I even have a tumblr where I post my pictures for others to enjoy. I’ve been playing the same household for about 3 years now I believe (i’ve taken small breaks in between due to rl) currently on generation 4 of the family.
  • Options
    YellowLady wrote: »
    I’m here on the forums because I LOVE the sims. I may not have been around when the sims 1 came out. I’m mainly here to read stories but will occasionally post

Hello @YellowLady :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying playing The Sims. It is a fun geme to play!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the stories that simmers write about the lives of their sims households.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! (Warning: I’m a bit bad at introducing/talking about myself) My name is Yanet and I’m new to the sims forum (even though I have the 9 year anniversary badge). I enjoy drawing, simming, and reading books from time to time.
    I’ve just recently started using the forums, but I’ve been playing sims ever since Sims 2 pets came out on console for ps2. Being an animal lover myself you know I had to have about 5 dogs and 2 cats :D I currently play on PC and have all the expansions, I even have a tumblr where I post my pictures for others to enjoy. I’ve been playing the same household for about 3 years now I believe (i’ve taken small breaks in between due to rl) currently on generation 4 of the family.

Hello @hiddengnomes :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 2 Pets. Sim pets are very cute!
    It is great that you own all the expansions. They add many fun and enjoyable activities,features and items to the game.
    It is very nice that you have been playing the same household for three years and are at the 4th generation.. They would be a very special family to you, as you see what happens in their lives :)
  • Options
    sayler04sayler04 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi Everyone,

I've been playing the sims since the day the original came out. I love this game because I hate dealing with people; thus, it's ironic that I'm forced to interact with people a certain amount before I can get my operational question (which is the only reason I would participate in forums) answered. Has anyone else noticed how the sims 4, unlike the previous three and hilarious/outlandish stuff aside, is the first sim game that tries to present the world as someone thinks it "should" be rather than how it is? Way to hop on the NWO train.

In any event, since I'm apparently deviantly antisocial and don't have enough points to post in the forum, i'll ask it here. I'm a returning player after about three years, and I have two questions about things that have apparently changed that I'm hoping someone can help with.

1.) Did something change with autonomy? The family I'm currently playing is the hardest I've ever played, for no other reason than they are, by a magnitude of order, willful and obstinate. They CONSTANTLY cancel what I tell them to do. And they CONSTANTLY (literally, every 3 or 4 seconds on each sim) go do their own thing. It's always something bizarre, regardless of whether they like or dislike it. They are obsessed with dancing to the point that I had to remove all music sources. The adults are all obsessed with playing with the kids' dollhouse, to the point that I have to take it out unless i'm having the kids play with it. They're obsessed with tv, at which point I just quit taking things out because the house was starting to look like an abandoned trailer in the woods. I've never seen anything this extreme before, and it's making it impossible to play. My household is 2 parents, 1 teen daughter, and toddler triplets (no cheat!). The kids are in charge. If a parent is trying to do something with a kid, (put in high chair for instance), they immediately stop when the kid autonomously decides to do something else. Just now, I was putting a hungry kid in the highchair; as soon as that kid autonomously decided to go wake the other parent, even though the parent was already bringing him to the high chair, the parent stopped and put the kid down, then went and watched tv. It was also happening before I even had kids.

Basically, the whole game has become like when a sim is in a very bad mood or has critically low needs; despite my cancelling or entering commands, they do whatever they like. It has become impossible to parent; basically, I have to constantly switch back and forth between the two, pausing every 2 in-game minutes, to cancel autonomous actions. It take me hours to get through a single in-game day.

2.) Did they change buydebug and showhiddenobjects? I can't find the produce or the spawners anymore, and I feel like there is a lot of other stuff missing as well. I have all expansions except EL, most of the stuff packs, and a bunch of other stuff and they're all installed. Can't figure it out.

I can live with the buy mode losses, however bitterly. But if this hyper-autonomy continues, the game is essentially unplayable except for, at best, a single person family. I hate to give up on the sims after over two decades, but might be that I'll just have to put my hopes in Paralives, when that releases, because the sims doesn't work anymore.
  • Options
    Hello @sayler04.
    You may be best to post your questions on the AHQ EA site. You can start a new thread there or you may find a thread that contains your same questions. The link to the site is
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    InametaphorInametaphor Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey all, I’m inametaphor here and pretty much everywhere else too. I’ve been Simming for a few years now, but just starting to connect on the forums (though I’m in and out on the Reddit sub). Sims goes in boom and bust cycles for me - I’ll play for months at a time and then play some other games for awhile, but I always come back.

I split my time in game between building (especially community lots - how many museums does one simiverse need anyway) and starting long, drawn out challenges. Finishing a challenge is, uh, something I definitely want to do someday! Until then, I’ll continue juggling several different save files.

The most interesting build I’ve done recently is a medieval-ish manor for my wife’s D&D campaign. They’re having their players give me ideas and I get it decorate all the rooms. It’s definitely sent me digging into Build and Buy looking for hidden gems, and the players are super excited to have such interesting visual aids for the game.
  • Options
    hiddengnomeshiddengnomes Posts: 21 Member
    Welcome @Inametaphor sims is always the game I come back to aswell!
    Hope to see some of your builds and challenge adventures here on the forum sometime ♥
  • Options
    Hey all, I’m inametaphor here and pretty much everywhere else too. I’ve been Simming for a few years now, but just starting to connect on the forums (though I’m in and out on the Reddit sub). Sims goes in boom and bust cycles for me - I’ll play for months at a time and then play some other games for awhile, but I always come back.

I split my time in game between building (especially community lots - how many museums does one simiverse need anyway) and starting long, drawn out challenges. Finishing a challenge is, uh, something I definitely want to do someday! Until then, I’ll continue juggling several different save files.

The most interesting build I’ve done recently is a medieval-ish manor for my wife’s D&D campaign. They’re having their players give me ideas and I get it decorate all the rooms. It’s definitely sent me digging into Build and Buy looking for hidden gems, and the players are super excited to have such interesting visual aids for the game.

Hello @Inametaphor :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for a few years. Simming is fun! It is great that you enjoy playing it, then have a break, then enjoy returning to the game. It is a great game that you can enjoy playing whenever you can and also take breaks.
    It is very nice that you enjoy building community lots and doing challenges. I hope your current challenges are going well!
    Your medieval manor build sounds great! It would have been fun to do!
  • Options
    bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    @Inametaphor Hi and welcome! Thanks for telling us a bit about you - I find this to be very relatable:
    Finishing a challenge is, uh, something I definitely want to do someday!
    Your "medieval-ish manor" sounds really cool - I hope you'll share it with us!

Looking forward to seeing you around! :)
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • Options
    justwanttobefreejustwanttobefree Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey y'all, My name is Matt and my sims story is some what of a long one so I'll try to sum it up into a short story so theirs not to much of reading to do. (don't wanna bored you guys out) So my family of 10 have been playing the Sims since 2004 when the sims 2 came out. I remember my Mom & Dad going to Future Shop with us to buy new laptops when my Mom saw the Sims 2 on display and thought it looked interesting so she decided to buy it. Over the years of watching my siblings play the Sims I always thought it was a boring game and never showed interest in it and to be honest thought it was a girly game, lol. My Mom instantly got hooked onto the game as well as my siblings and soon later bought the expansion packs and new games as they were being released. I still showed no interest in playing until 2015 shortly after the Sims 4 came out. Here I am alone in my apartment, in my 20's with nothing to do that I decided to install the Sims 4 and give it a try!. To be honest I actually enjoyed the game and found it pretty fun and loved how creative you can get in the game. (what was I missing all of these years). Since then I haven't stooped playing the Sims and am still lovin' it!. I came here to Join the Sims forums mainly to ask a question about a Laptop I am wanting to purchase and haven't had much success finding my answer anywhere else so I'd thought I'd try here but I saw I needed to get points in order to ask a question so I thought I introduce myself and see where things go from here.
  • Options
    Hey y'all, My name is Matt and my sims story is some what of a long one so I'll try to sum it up into a short story so theirs not to much of reading to do. (don't wanna bored you guys out) So my family of 10 have been playing the Sims since 2004 when the sims 2 came out. I remember my Mom & Dad going to Future Shop with us to buy new laptops when my Mom saw the Sims 2 on display and thought it looked interesting so she decided to buy it. Over the years of watching my siblings play the Sims I always thought it was a boring game and never showed interest in it and to be honest thought it was a girly game, lol. My Mom instantly got hooked onto the game as well as my siblings and soon later bought the expansion packs and new games as they were being released. I still showed no interest in playing until 2015 shortly after the Sims 4 came out. Here I am alone in my apartment, in my 20's with nothing to do that I decided to install the Sims 4 and give it a try!. To be honest I actually enjoyed the game and found it pretty fun and loved how creative you can get in the game. (what was I missing all of these years). Since then I haven't stooped playing the Sims and am still lovin' it!. I came here to Join the Sims forums mainly to ask a question about a Laptop I am wanting to purchase and haven't had much success finding my answer anywhere else so I'd thought I'd try here but I saw I needed to get points in order to ask a question so I thought I introduce myself and see where things go from here.

Hello @justwanttobefree :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that your family are simmers, and that they started simming in 2004 by playing Sims 2. It is very nice that you started simming yourself in 2015 and are enjoying playing Sims 4. Simming is a great way of expressing our creativity through our builds and through the background stories that we create for our sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, posting about what is happening in your game, and get answers to your questions.
  • Options
    justwanttobefreejustwanttobefree Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow
    Thank You!, looking forward to it! :smile:
  • Options
    AuroraDelightAuroraDelight Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I have been playing the Sims since I was about 10 - Sims 1. There was a long spell of not playing... briefly I played it with my brother on the Playstation when I was about 16 or so. Then 2 years ago I got the sims 4 on sale and have been playing it in a more grown up way than when I was a kid.

Because I'm stuck inside most of the time with the pandemic, I build places that I miss going to. I have built my grandma's house, a friend's house, a palace that I really like, the new building across the street, and several places that I've lived. I also built the Simpsons house.

I also have created a me that's sick me (as I am now) and the me that I would be if I didn't get sick. They are twins, living in the same house, with different lives. It's kind of therapeutic. It's a thought experiment.

When I realised that there's so much cc and mods out there for free, that really levelled up my gameplay. There's a dearth of good curly hairs in the base game, so some good cc for curly hair has been the most recent thing to delight me. I only just recently bought some expansions/kits/whatever they're called. I do find them pricey but given I spend so much time on the sims, it only just about feels worth it. Maybe I'll get one a year...

I find that it's really good escapism. Even if I can't leave the house or socialise much because of this pandemic, at least I can pretend to be someone else, someone carefree. The Sims will never have to worry about a pandemic.
  • Options
    Hi, I have been playing the Sims since I was about 10 - Sims 1. There was a long spell of not playing... briefly I played it with my brother on the Playstation when I was about 16 or so. Then 2 years ago I got the sims 4 on sale and have been playing it in a more grown up way than when I was a kid.

Because I'm stuck inside most of the time with the pandemic, I build places that I miss going to. I have built my grandma's house, a friend's house, a palace that I really like, the new building across the street, and several places that I've lived. I also built the Simpsons house.

I also have created a me that's sick me (as I am now) and the me that I would be if I didn't get sick. They are twins, living in the same house, with different lives. It's kind of therapeutic. It's a thought experiment.

When I realised that there's so much cc and mods out there for free, that really levelled up my gameplay. There's a dearth of good curly hairs in the base game, so some good cc for curly hair has been the most recent thing to delight me. I only just recently bought some expansions/kits/whatever they're called. I do find them pricey but given I spend so much time on the sims, it only just about feels worth it. Maybe I'll get one a year...

I find that it's really good escapism. Even if I can't leave the house or socialise much because of this pandemic, at least I can pretend to be someone else, someone carefree. The Sims will never have to worry about a pandemic.

Hello @AuroraDelight :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming as a child by playing Sims 1, and after a break you started simming again and have been playing Sims 4 these last two years.
    It is enjoyable creating sims game versions of real life homes and buildings. It is great having our sims live in or visit them in the game.
    I am sorry to hear that you are sick :( I send hugs to you <3 It is good that simming is helping you as you live day by day with your health issues. It is also a great way to take a break from real life and all that our day and life is holding.
  • Options
    sweetsy1sweetsy1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I'm Sweetsy1 and I am creating a new challenge for Newcrest - I am hoping to get to Member level so I can post it! Can't wait!
    I like building, CAS and playing... I don't have a specific type of playstyle!
  • Options
    sweetsy1 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Sweetsy1 and I am creating a new challenge for Newcrest - I am hoping to get to Member level so I can post it! Can't wait!
    I like building, CAS and playing... I don't have a specific type of playstyle!

Hello @sweetsy1 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are creating a new challenge for Newcrest! When you become a full member, you can start a new thread and post your challenge in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    It is great that you enjoy all the varied styles of simming. Simming is fun!
  • Options
    RoseRyderRoseRyder Posts: 19 Member
    Hi, I’m RoseRyder, I received the Sims4 for ps4 for Christmas and I have no idea what I am doing lolz. Coming into a community this storied is like going to someone else’s high school reunion, everyone knows everyone and everything and you sit at the table wondering what is going on. Playing this game was instant addiction and I put in 56 hours of game play the very first week before I realized I needed to pace myself and not try to learn 20 years of game play all at once. I’ve been reading and watching a lot of tutorials and I feel like I sorta know what I’m doing now though obviously I have a lot to learn. This seems like a friendly, warm, super creative community and I’m excited to be here. Better late than never.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    RoseRyder wrote: »
    Hi, I’m RoseRyder, I received the Sims4 for ps4 for Christmas and I have no idea what I am doing lolz. Coming into a community this storied is like going to someone else’s high school reunion, everyone knows everyone and everything and you sit at the table wondering what is going on. Playing this game was instant addiction and I put in 56 hours of game play the very first week before I realized I needed to pace myself and not try to learn 20 years of game play all at once. I’ve been reading and watching a lot of tutorials and I feel like I sorta know what I’m doing now though obviously I have a lot to learn. This seems like a friendly, warm, super creative community and I’m excited to be here. Better late than never.

Hello @RoseRyder :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice that you received the ps4 version of Sims 4 for Christmas. It was a great gift to receive that you will enjoy all year around! It is great that you are enjoying playing the game, and are getting used to how to play the game.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read the threads and post about what is happening in your game. It is lovely that you have joined the forums and are a part of the simming community :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top