Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello! My name is Tiara, and I'm new here. I joined December 13th, and I usually love making or telling stories with the Sims. Fictional or non-fictional.

Hello @XxSimmerTiaraXX :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you joined the forums this month. I hope that you are enjoying reading the threads, and will enjoy posting about the sims in your game.
    It is enjoyable creating sims, giving them background details, deciding on outfits that suit them, then seeing them live out the story of their life in our game :) You may like to read and post on the threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacie
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Momobread wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a 22 year old woman and I played sims back when I was 8-10 but stopped due to real life reasons. I got back to it only quite recently and found it to be more enjoyable than before! There's a lot of things that I can do now and hopefully, Sims 4 will still continue to expand because it has so much potential.

Hello @Momobread :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is special that you started simming when a child and are now back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4 :) There are lots of special features, themes, and activities for our sims to do in the game! We look forward to seeing what the next pack will be also!
  • Options
    Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    @rosemow thank you for the personalised messages, and taking the time to welcome me! What a lovely start to posting in this forum :smile:
  • Options
    GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    Hello :smile:

I have been on the forum for two years, but I haven't been much on here. Counting six visits in total to be exact. I have played the Sims since 2002, so I'm closing in on shockingly 20 years of simming. Wow. I remember the first time I had a sim die, it was a neighbor that by a glitch got stuck in the same place and died. 10 year old me was so horrified, I closed the game and SAVED. I didn't dare to play again for a little while because I was so sad...

The past few years I have become more and more invested in building, and I came in here today to try to find some help on a very specific walls halfway down issue. While browsing through the forum trying to find out where to post, I found so many interesting threads with challenges and other things I'd love to take more part in. So far I more or less have built for myself, I do upload to the gallery, but I realized now that it would be so valuable to be part of this community. Because lets be honest, playing The Sims in your late 20s is a bit of a lonely road to travel. I do force my husband to look at my builds, but he's not exactly invested.

For me, playing the Sims is a bit like meditation. A way to shut out the real world for a little while.

So. I'm a 28 year old woman. Living in Norway with my husband and crazy toddler. Hope to spend a bit more time on here, and maybe even get to know a few people.

Cheers!
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Options
    Gose wrote: »
    Hello :smile:

I have been on the forum for two years, but I haven't been much on here. Counting six visits in total to be exact. I have played the Sims since 2002, so I'm closing in on shockingly 20 years of simming. Wow. I remember the first time I had a sim die, it was a neighbor that by a glitch got stuck in the same place and died. 10 year old me was so horrified, I closed the game and SAVED. I didn't dare to play again for a little while because I was so sad...

The past few years I have become more and more invested in building, and I came in here today to try to find some help on a very specific walls halfway down issue. While browsing through the forum trying to find out where to post, I found so many interesting threads with challenges and other things I'd love to take more part in. So far I more or less have built for myself, I do upload to the gallery, but I realized now that it would be so valuable to be part of this community. Because lets be honest, playing The Sims in your late 20s is a bit of a lonely road to travel. I do force my husband to look at my builds, but he's not exactly invested.

For me, playing the Sims is a bit like meditation. A way to shut out the real world for a little while.

So. I'm a 28 year old woman. Living in Norway with my husband and crazy toddler. Hope to spend a bit more time on here, and maybe even get to know a few people.

Cheers!

Hello @Gose :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you started simming when a child and that it was a part of your life as you have been growing up. It can be quite frighting when the first death occurs in your game, especially when you are a child!
    It is great that you are enjoying reading the forum threads. I hope you will continue to enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.
    Simming is a great way to take a fun and restful break from real life and all that our day and lives are holding.
    Perhaps one day your toddler will be a simmer just like you!
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you for the personalised messages, and taking the time to welcome me! What a lovely start to posting in this forum :smile:

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    AllinnaOakvalleyAllinnaOakvalley Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Cosy_Catastophe said:
    > @rosemow thank you for the personalised messages, and taking the time to welcome me! What a lovely start to posting in this forum :smile:

I have to second that. @rosemow thank you so much for making everyone who writes in this thread feel welcome! :heart:
  • Options
    AllinnaOakvalleyAllinnaOakvalley Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Gose said:
    > I remember the first time I had a sim die, it was a neighbor that by a glitch got stuck in the same place and died. 10 year old me was so horrified, I closed the game and SAVED. I didn't dare to play again for a little while because I was so sad...

Having Sims die on me from all sorts of terrible accidents as a child has probably left me with some sort of trauma, that makes me set them to not aging at all whenever I start a new game until I feel they have lived a full life, and being extremely careful about placing fire detectors :D so I can relate really well ;-)
  • Options
    > @Cosy_Catastophe said:
    > @rosemow thank you for the personalised messages, and taking the time to welcome me! What a lovely start to posting in this forum :smile:

I have to second that. @rosemow thank you so much for making everyone who writes in this thread feel welcome! :heart:

Thankyou very much for your kind words @AllinnaOakvalley <3
  • Options
    SimQueen84SimQueen84 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey all,

My name is Dana and I'm from New York. Playing the Sims 4 has become one of my favorite pastimes, only second to hanging with my 2 lovable Siberian Huskies lol. I'm used to not having anyone to talk to about the Sims because I don't know anyone irl who plays so hopefully this forun will expose me to some coom new people and good conversation 🥰
  • Options
    SimQueen84 wrote: »
    Hey all,

My name is Dana and I'm from New York. Playing the Sims 4 has become one of my favorite pastimes, only second to hanging with my 2 lovable Siberian Huskies lol. I'm used to not having anyone to talk to about the Sims because I don't know anyone irl who plays so hopefully this forun will expose me to some coom new people and good conversation 🥰

Hello @SimQueen84 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you have Siberian Huskies :) They would be very special animal members of your family <3.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads,
  • Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member
    Hello! I'm a long-time Simmer (and lurker of this forum). I got into the Sims way back with the Sims 1, when I was a young kid, and have played every version on and off since then. It's been a couple years since I last played the Sims 4, because my laptop could no longer handle it, but I just built a brand new PC and am able to play again :) I've started a new legacy challenge playthrough and bought a couple packs I didn't already have, and have been having tons of fun getting back into the game.

I love cats, coffee, music, and video games of many other genres, among other things :)
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    Hello! I'm a long-time Simmer (and lurker of this forum). I got into the Sims way back with the Sims 1, when I was a young kid, and have played every version on and off since then. It's been a couple years since I last played the Sims 4, because my laptop could no longer handle it, but I just built a brand new PC and am able to play again :) I've started a new legacy challenge playthrough and bought a couple packs I didn't already have, and have been having tons of fun getting back into the game.

I love cats, coffee, music, and video games of many other genres, among other things :)

Hello @tinyv0idcat :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming as a young kid by playing the original Sims 1 game, and that simming has been a part of your life as you were growing up and played the different versions on and off. It is great that you have a new pc! Congratulations and happy simming on it! I hope your legacy challenge goes well!
  • Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member
    @rosemow Thanks for the warm welcome! It's definitely great to be back playing the Sims, and nice to be able chat to other Simmers on here as well :)
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks for the warm welcome! It's definitely great to be back playing the Sims, and nice to be able chat to other Simmers on here as well :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    TelTel Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul simmers!

Hi, I'm Tel, I joined the community this morning and I am very excited to be here.
    I have been playing The Sims since it first appeared back in 2000, I was 11 at the time and loved it as much then as I do now. I am now a mummy to 2 beautiful children and a wife to my childhood sweetheart, but The Sims is still very much a big part of my life.
    I love how much the game has evolved since the first one and play it frequently. I go through phases of building all of the time and not focusing on living the life of my sims, to the complete opposite and just playing.

I follow a lot of you on the game and love your creativity in your builds/people, I know some of you follow me too which is amazing to me!

I am looking forward to trying out some of the challenges this year which is something I have never really tried before.

Thank You for having me <3

My gallery page is - https://tinyurl.com/y9xhmzu4
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Tel wrote: »
    Sul Sul simmers!

Hi, I'm Tel, I joined the community this morning and I am very excited to be here.
    I have been playing The Sims since it first appeared back in 2000, I was 11 at the time and loved it as much then as I do now. I am now a mummy to 2 beautiful children and a wife to my childhood sweetheart, but The Sims is still very much a big part of my life.
    I love how much the game has evolved since the first one and play it frequently. I go through phases of building all of the time and not focusing on living the life of my sims, to the complete opposite and just playing.

I follow a lot of you on the game and love your creativity in your builds/people, I know some of you follow me too which is amazing to me!

I am looking forward to trying out some of the challenges this year which is something I have never really tried before.

Thank You for having me <3

My gallery page is - https://tinyurl.com/y9xhmzu4

Hello @Tel :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have simming since the original Sims 1 and that it has been a part of your life from when you were a child. Perhaps your children will one day become simmers like you! It is great to alternate between enjoying building and playing the game. There are lots of enjoyable ways to play and things to do in the game!
    I hope that the challenges you decide to do go well :)
  • Options
    CarabooCaraboo Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello! I'm Cara, been a simmer since the first games. My eldest sister got me into it (forever grateful, sims is my jam)
    I really don't care for sims 4, but sims 3 is the ... I'm probably not allowed to use the word I was going to use.

Apparently I need points to post, and I joined only to request help on a caw issue, so I am not lurking like I normally do. I'm please to be here, regardless, and sort of thrilled to meet so many other sims fans. Not enough of my friends play!
  • Options
    Caraboo wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Cara, been a simmer since the first games. My eldest sister got me into it (forever grateful, sims is my jam)
    I really don't care for sims 4, but sims 3 is the ... I'm probably not allowed to use the word I was going to use.

Apparently I need points to post, and I joined only to request help on a caw issue, so I am not lurking like I normally do. I'm please to be here, regardless, and sort of thrilled to meet so many other sims fans. Not enough of my friends play!

Hello @Caraboo :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that it was your sister that introduced you to simming and that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1.
    It is great that you are creating a new Sims 3 world! I hope that after you get the help you need, that your world creating goes well.
  • Options
    CarabooCaraboo Posts: 10 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Caraboo :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    > It is very nice that it was your sister that introduced you to simming and that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1.
    > It is great that you are creating a new Sims 3 world! I hope that after you get the help you need, that your world creating goes well.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you very much!
    Unfortunately my sister stopped playing sims around sims 1, however, her eldest daughter is into it and I just bought her her very first game and expansion! (Sims 4, because of her obsession with mermaids.)
    I can't wait to get my daughter into it! I love these games.
  • Options
    Caraboo wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Caraboo :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    > It is very nice that it was your sister that introduced you to simming and that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1.
    > It is great that you are creating a new Sims 3 world! I hope that after you get the help you need, that your world creating goes well.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you very much!
    Unfortunately my sister stopped playing sims around sims 1, however, her eldest daughter is into it and I just bought her her very first game and expansion! (Sims 4, because of her obsession with mermaids.)
    I can't wait to get my daughter into it! I love these games.

You’re welcome @Caraboo :) It is lovely that your niece is enjoying simmimng, and special that you bight her through badegakt and
  • Options
    DivawangDivawang Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey hey, I’m Diva and been playing the game since 2008. My best friend in high school introduced me to the game because we use to write stories and she said she was going to build the house and characters in the Sims. I instantly fell in love with the game as I love to create families and tells stories. I played the game off and since then due life issues and just started back playing faithfully. I am came across this forum just from searching up the Sims on google and thought this would be a cool place to join and discuss the game.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hello, fellow players. I don't want to talk to much about myself, so I will only mention anything that relates to the Sims and related franchise.

I was first introduced to any Sim game because I bought some gamers magazine sometime in the early 2000s that featured a free copy of Sim City 3000. I started playing that, and got hooked. Spent countless hours building all kinds of towns and cities. Then Sim City 4 came out, and I continued playing that, as well as getting the expansion pack Rush Hour.

At about the same time, or somewhere around here, my sister had starting playing The Sims 2, and I borrowed the game from her. That was my first encounter with a The Sims game. I am not sure if I actually bought a copy of the Sims 2 for myself or if I just continued playing her game. Or if I went from that and straight to the Sims 3. I can't really remember. Then I didn't play the games for some years, until I started playing the Sims 3 again in 2016 or 2017.

I played the game for some time, started three families and gave them kids, then stopped. Last autumn I started playing again, picked up where I left, and I have been playing pretty intensely since then. My first sims are now grandparents, and I have added a whole bunch of other sims and stuff as well. My game has really expanded now in my second round of playing...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    shinshinshinshin Posts: 6 New Member
    hello :)
    I'm Riku and I love The Sims. I've played these games since I was very young.
  • Options
    saladprincess92saladprincess92 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey everyone, My name is (Puffy) and I am 29years old I love playing with the sims 1-2-3-4 When The Sims 2 came out I use to buy loads of expansion packs but when The Sims 4 I wasnt really up to buying any XP because the game has so much in it already and I dout it Even if I got Cats &Dogs it would be hard to play with pets and family. Im kinda like a newbie to SIms 4. Id love to learn more of the SIms 4 and when The Sims 5 is going to be released date i do not know. Im on steam if you wanna add me that would be great.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top