Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    marenad92 wrote: »
    hi i have been playing sims for awhile now and wanted to try and talk to fellow simmers

Hello @marenad92 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • NoebaNoeba Posts: 19 Member
    Hi guys,
    discovered how great this forum is when searching for new things to explore in the Sims, challenges etc. Just wanted to tell you all that you're all crazy talented and creative!
    Noeba wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    discovered how great this forum is when searching for new things to explore in the Sims, challenges etc. Just wanted to tell you all that you're all crazy talented and creative!

Hello @Noeba :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    Simmers are very creative people! It is enjoyable seeing the builds and sims that they create, reading the stories that they write, and reading about the sims lives of sims households in other simmers’ games!
  • SimelaxSimelax Posts: 5 New Member
    Sul sul!
    I hope my forum name updates along with the EA name, but until then, I've finally stopped by to introduce myself. I've been playing since hot date, lurked sims forums for years, used to be quite active in my young teen years making photo stories in my country's The Sims forum (those were amazing times, but sadly died). I have also invested quite a lot in The Sims 4, so in Dec I decided to try and make the best of this whole mess, haha.
    I'm Simela, I'm in my middle twenties, I play sims and other games occasionally, but this particular franchise I can't seem to get rid of!
    foxxeywoo wrote: »
    Sul sul!
    I hope my forum name updates along with the EA name, but until then, I've finally stopped by to introduce myself. I've been playing since hot date, lurked sims forums for years, used to be quite active in my young teen years making photo stories in my country's The Sims forum (those were amazing times, but sadly died). I have also invested quite a lot in The Sims 4, so in Dec I decided to try and make the best of this whole mess, haha.
    I'm Simela, I'm in my middle twenties, I play sims and other games occasionally, but this particular franchise I can't seem to get rid of!

Hello @foxxeywoo :) It is nice to meet you.
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Leeloo or EA_Rtas
    It is very nice that you have Bernie simming since Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating and building :)
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Hello! I'm Kani, 30 years old and I've been playing since around 2003. I'm currently living in the studying in my final year of uni while being a mum. The Sims offered me a playful escape that I've been weaving in and out of, depending on how busy I am. With the pandemic, I've gone back to it as a break from studies and I've decided to keep a Simblr of my gameplay: kanindota.tumblr.com

Initially, I thought I'll finally finish The Legacy Challenge after my 6th or 7th attempt but now I'm going to do an Off-the-Grid challenge. I'll figure out how to keep a thread on here to as my tracker maybe, but yeah I'm trying to keep my Simblr very low maintenance but we'll see how this goes. Looking forward to be able to contribute over here, finally.
    Kanindota wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Kani, 30 years old and I've been playing since around 2003. I'm currently living in the studying in my final year of uni while being a mum. The Sims offered me a playful escape that I've been weaving in and out of, depending on how busy I am. With the pandemic, I've gone back to it as a break from studies and I've decided to keep a Simblr of my gameplay: kanindota.tumblr.com

Initially, I thought I'll finally finish The Legacy Challenge after my 6th or 7th attempt but now I'm going to do an Off-the-Grid challenge. I'll figure out how to keep a thread on here to as my tracker maybe, but yeah I'm trying to keep my Simblr very low maintenance but we'll see how this goes. Looking forward to be able to contribute over here, finally.

Hello @Kanindota :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that your uni studies continue to go well. It is great that you are enjoying times of simming as a restful break from the stresses of your studies. Simming allows us to have a break from real life and is fun at the same time! It is great that you are keeping a simbr of your gameplay! You will enjoy looking back at it later on also.
    I hope your new off the grid challenge goes well!
    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post about your challenge there
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a

Perhaps one day your child will also be a simmer just like you!
  • SlackerbotSlackerbot Posts: 1 New Member
    A late night hello from me to everyone here! (Well, it's late for me, anyway.) I picked up Sims 3 years and years ago to give it a try but discovered the hard way my poor old laptop back then couldn't handle it. Alas, onto the shelf it went. I still have my plumbob USB keychain, too! It came up that I used to poke around TS3 when chatting with a friend who's been busy with TS4 and they recommended I give it a look, and even showed off some of their gameplay over Discord. Now here I am, many packs later and even dipping my toes into the wild world of custom content!

Mostly I play TS4 because it's very fulfilling to go in and decorate a build, or customise my household, and it's so much less hectic than World of Warcraft right now. It's nice to have something so involved yet so relaxing when work has been nothing but stress wall to wall this past year in my "essential" industry.

I'm hoping I can meet some new faces and find community and inspiration from my fellow simmers, even if I'm more of a lurker than someone who posts a lot. I'll be here, quietly, in the background, liking posts and being bashful.
    Slackerbot wrote: »
    A late night hello from me to everyone here! (Well, it's late for me, anyway.) I picked up Sims 3 years and years ago to give it a try but discovered the hard way my poor old laptop back then couldn't handle it. Alas, onto the shelf it went. I still have my plumbob USB keychain, too! It came up that I used to poke around TS3 when chatting with a friend who's been busy with TS4 and they recommended I give it a look, and even showed off some of their gameplay over Discord. Now here I am, many packs later and even dipping my toes into the wild world of custom content!

Mostly I play TS4 because it's very fulfilling to go in and decorate a build, or customise my household, and it's so much less hectic than World of Warcraft right now. It's nice to have something so involved yet so relaxing when work has been nothing but stress wall to wall this past year in my "essential" industry.

I'm hoping I can meet some new faces and find community and inspiration from my fellow simmers, even if I'm more of a lurker than someone who posts a lot. I'll be here, quietly, in the background, liking posts and being bashful.

Hello @Slackerbot :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying playing Sims 4 , and are finding it an enjoyable and relaxing way to take a break from the stresses of your work. Simming helps us to take a break from real life and all that our day and life is holding. It is fun to see what is happening in the lives of our sims!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and enjoy posting on the threads when you would like to.
  • o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    Hii, nice to meet you. I usually go by the name Sazie but that name was taken, um I love to draw a lot. Mostly Star Wars, but mainly the creatures in the star wars universe. My favorite sims game is Sims 2 pets, I got it years ago for Gamecube but recently got Sims 2 Double deluxe for pc. I also have sims 4 but I keep going back to Sims 2, I just can't get over the oldies I guess. Kinda wish I knew sooner it was on pc, oh well I guess.
    o0Sazie0o wrote: »
    Hii, nice to meet you. I usually go by the name Sazie but that name was taken, um I love to draw a lot. Mostly Star Wars, but mainly the creatures in the star wars universe. My favorite sims game is Sims 2 pets, I got it years ago for Gamecube but recently got Sims 2 Double deluxe for pc. I also have sims 4 but I keep going back to Sims 2, I just can't get over the oldies I guess. Kinda wish I knew sooner it was on pc, oh well I guess.

Hello @o0Sazie0o :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that enjoy drawing, and especially Stars Wars themed art. Drawing is a lovely way to express creativity in picture form. It is great that you are enjoying playing Sims 2. It is a fun and enjoyable sims version to play. All sims versions have their own special features, characteristics and are all great to play. Simming is fun! :)
  • blvck_cherblvck_cher Posts: 1 New Member
    Hii everyone im Cher :) . Im 21 & from Suriname (sth.america)
    I first started playing The Sims when I was 12-14 (where you barg in to other peoples house insult them and kick over their garbage cans😂 :D , fly out to france , egypt and other countries to buy fancy stuff) I stopped for awhile and not so recently i joined The Sims Mobile again. Im at level 53 T.O.T. Really enjoying it. I hope I can meet new people, learn new things and stay up to date. I read an article about pets ...EA/Maxis make it happen!! Pls. Lol. Thank you. Bye.
    blvck_cher wrote: »
    Hii everyone im Cher :) . Im 21 & from Suriname (sth.america)
    I first started playing The Sims when I was 12-14 (where you barg in to other peoples house insult them and kick over their garbage cans😂 :D , fly out to france , egypt and other countries to buy fancy stuff) I stopped for awhile and not so recently i joined The Sims Mobile again. Im at level 53 T.O.T. Really enjoying it. I hope I can meet new people, learn new things and stay up to date. I read an article about pets ...EA/Maxis make it happen!! Pls. Lol. Thank you. Bye.

Hello @blvck_cher :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming in your early teen years and now after a break you are back simming again and playing the Sims
    Mobile. Congratulations on reaching level 53! .
    You may like to read and post on the threads in the Sims Mobile section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/tsm-general-discussion
  • MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    Sul sul, I'm Melissa. The Sims was the first game I ever got on pc and I'm still playing it to this day almost 20 years later! I now play on xbox one :) I can't wait to meet some like minded simmers!
    Sul sul, I'm Melissa. The Sims was the first game I ever got on pc and I'm still playing it to this day almost 20 years later! I now play on xbox one :) I can't wait to meet some like minded simmers!

Hello @MelissaBear :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that The Sims was the first game that you played on your pc! :) You would have enjoyed spending many happy and enjoyable hours simming over the years every since!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forums threads, and meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I've been a member on here long enough now that I should properly introduce myself. You can call me Rose (she/her pronouns). I'm 27 and I first started playing the sims in college when a friend leant me her sims 3 disc for me to install on my computer, and I've been hooked ever since. I love everything from gameplay to building. The best part of TS4 imo is how easy it is to manage families and rotational play - I love playing a TON of households.
    I've been a member on here long enough now that I should properly introduce myself. You can call me Rose (she/her pronouns). I'm 27 and I first started playing the sims in college when a friend leant me her sims 3 disc for me to install on my computer, and I've been hooked ever since. I love everything from gameplay to building. The best part of TS4 imo is how easy it is to manage families and rotational play - I love playing a TON of households.

Hello @permanentrose :) It is very nice that you started simming when in college and that it was a friend that introduced you to simming. Playing the Sims would have been a great way of taking a break from the stresses of college studies,
    It is great that you enjoy playing many households! You would enjoy seeing what it is happening in the lives of your different families in your game, and them interacting with each other.
  • ChingMeiLeeChingMeiLee Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm a 34 old woman from the Netherlands. I've been playing the sims for what seems like forever now. I started with the sims 2, then 3 and now of course 4.

I think building and setting challenges for yourself are the most fun parts of the game. I especially like to have a lot of babies at once and try to get them all the happy childhood skill by having every toddler skill at 3+.

The biggest challenge in that area so far is was with Joy Sunshine who gave birth to 5 babies the day she moved out of her parents house. I shared her and her starter house in the gallery as well when I made her, in case anyone likes that challenge too. B)

I want to do a legacy challenge one time. I tried it a couple of times but since I always seem to have at least 4 kids and get attached to them I don't want them to move out and I end up just starting over with a new family after a while. Also, having a family of 8 means you always play at speed 1, and then one generation can take weeks.

Now I'm trying the 3 little sims challenge. I don't want to complete it. Just try it for a while. Most challenges have too many rules for my taste. I usually just give myself 1 or 2 all deciding rules for a game. Like with Joy sunshine, that all kids should have happy childhood, get a 10 in school and highschool and complete a childhood wish. And no cheats allowed to help or stay financially afloat.

ChingMeiLee
    Hello everyone,

I'm a 34 old woman from the Netherlands. I've been playing the sims for what seems like forever now. I started with the sims 2, then 3 and now of course 4.

I think building and setting challenges for yourself are the most fun parts of the game. I especially like to have a lot of babies at once and try to get them all the happy childhood skill by having every toddler skill at 3+.

The biggest challenge in that area so far is was with Joy Sunshine who gave birth to 5 babies the day she moved out of her parents house. I shared her and her starter house in the gallery as well when I made her, in case anyone likes that challenge too. B)

I want to do a legacy challenge one time. I tried it a couple of times but since I always seem to have at least 4 kids and get attached to them I don't want them to move out and I end up just starting over with a new family after a while. Also, having a family of 8 means you always play at speed 1, and then one generation can take weeks.

Now I'm trying the 3 little sims challenge. I don't want to complete it. Just try it for a while. Most challenges have too many rules for my taste. I usually just give myself 1 or 2 all deciding rules for a game. Like with Joy sunshine, that all kids should have happy childhood, get a 10 in school and highschool and complete a childhood wish. And no cheats allowed to help or stay financially afloat.

ChingMeiLee

Hello @ChingMeiLee :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 then that led you to playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4 also. You would have enjoyed seeing many sims over them going through the age stages in your games. Simming is fun!
    It is great that you enjoy doing challenges :) It is good to create your own challenges and rules, or to adapt other challenges to suit your style of playing the game.
  • AllinnaOakvalleyAllinnaOakvalley Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 30+ years old woman from Switzerland, that started playing with the Sims, when she was a teenager. I then switched to Sims 2 later, but 'only' had the base game (friends had expansions, so once in a while I got to dabble). I never played Sims 3 (bought Sims 3 Medieval without knowing that it was supposed to be different, so I was a bit confused at that time :smiley: and then just never took it up again). Now with COVID still ongoing, and me consequently having gone down a few rabbit holes on Youtube, I ended up on the channels of a few simmers and felt inspired to get the Sims 4 base game and a few additional packs.

I remember enjoying playing out the different relationships between Sims more than the building part, but now with a few more years under the belt, I seem to have transitioned towards being more of a builder. Not that I don't love to try all the different things to do with your Sims (I do have a few (unaging) Sims already with a very diverse range of hobbies and careers :wink: ), but just letting my mind go crazy on house ideas seems to be enough to make me happy for hours for now :blush: .

So I'm really looking forward to getting inspired here on the forum from you all :smile:
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    Hi everyone! Like a lot of you I’ve been playing the Sims for years and love it - I played Sims 3 in its day but when EA released the Sims 2 complete pack for free I started playing that in earnest and didn’t stop for years! I’ve played all the families in Pleasantview through a few generations now, and I love them all.

I didn’t get into Sims 4 originally because it was missing toddlers and I love families, but now so much a has been released it’s like a different game. I picked up the base game and... one or two add-ons in the Christmas sale and I want to do a legacy this time. I recreated one of my pleasantview Sims and I’ve been playing through her life since I downloaded the game. I’m also enjoying writing up her life and can’t wait to share it to the forum.

I hope to speak to you all soon and get to know you better!
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 30+ years old woman from Switzerland, that started playing with the Sims, when she was a teenager. I then switched to Sims 2 later, but 'only' had the base game (friends had expansions, so once in a while I got to dabble). I never played Sims 3 (bought Sims 3 Medieval without knowing that it was supposed to be different, so I was a bit confused at that time :smiley: and then just never took it up again). Now with COVID still ongoing, and me consequently having gone down a few rabbit holes on Youtube, I ended up on the channels of a few simmers and felt inspired to get the Sims 4 base game and a few additional packs.

I remember enjoying playing out the different relationships between Sims more than the building part, but now with a few more years under the belt, I seem to have transitioned towards being more of a builder. Not that I don't love to try all the different things to do with your Sims (I do have a few (unaging) Sims already with a very diverse range of hobbies and careers :wink: ), but just letting my mind go crazy on house ideas seems to be enough to make me happy for hours for now :blush: .

So I'm really looking forward to getting inspired here on the forum from you all :smile:

Hello @AllinnaOakvalley :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming as a teen,then later played Sims 2, and now with the current COVID situation you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity and have fun trying out our building ideas!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads, and that you may get ideas to try in your own game also,
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone! Like a lot of you I’ve been playing the Sims for years and love it - I played Sims 3 in its day but when EA released the Sims 2 complete pack for free I started playing that in earnest and didn’t stop for years! I’ve played all the families in Pleasantview through a few generations now, and I love them all.

I didn’t get into Sims 4 originally because it was missing toddlers and I love families, but now so much a has been released it’s like a different game. I picked up the base game and... one or two add-ons in the Christmas sale and I want to do a legacy this time. I recreated one of my pleasantview Sims and I’ve been playing through her life since I downloaded the game. I’m also enjoying writing up her life and can’t wait to share it to the forum.

I hope to speak to you all soon and get to know you better!

Hello @Cosy_Catastophe :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, then you enjoyed playing Sims 2 when EA released Sims 2 for free. It is great that you are now also enjoying playing Sims 4. I hope your legacy family goes well. It is special that you have crested a sims 4 version of your Pleasantview sim and are playing her. It is part of Sims 2 in your Sims 4 game :)
    I hope you will enjoy posting on a thread in the forums about her life when you are become a full member and can start new threads :) .
  • XxSimmerTiaraXXXxSimmerTiaraXX Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! My name is Tiara, and I'm new here. I joined December 13th, and I usually love making or telling stories with the Sims. Fictional or non-fictional.
  • MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    Hello! I'm a 22 year old woman and I played sims back when I was 8-10 but stopped due to real life reasons. I got back to it only quite recently and found it to be more enjoyable than before! There's a lot of things that I can do now and hopefully, Sims 4 will still continue to expand because it has so much potential.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top