Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• MIKYAMIKYA Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, I'm Mikya. I'm from the US. I've been playing the Sims since TS2, and have always been fascinated by all the possibilities for mods - after finding that a lot of the things I'd have enjoyed in the past games and in the current game either don't exist or are broken, I've decided to become a modder for TS4, and hopefully TS5 as well! I have a lot of big dreams for mods, but as of right now I'm experimenting with making very basic ones. I'm just a beginner, after all.

I'm going to university for game development and programming this fall and I'm very eager to put the skills I learn to the test with some major mods in the future. I've lurked this forum and others for tips before, but I figured I'd join in on the fun instead of just lurking.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know the people here!
  • Spectral_teaSpectral_tea Posts: 16 Member
    > @Mommabug11 said:
    > @Spectral_tea
    >
    > RE: That creep Vladislaus - not all heroes wear capes! I bow to you! :D That guy has nabbed too many off my Simmers man... lol Glad someone finally got the perp! :~D

What's even better (or worse) is I made my sim bear a son which he absolutely hates XD Ironically, the kid looks just like him. I suppose deep down, he has some self-loathing issues considering he can mess up your sims' sleep. Did it to mine on her first night at her old house, so I thought modern problems require modern solutions.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    MIKYA wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm Mikya. I'm from the US. I've been playing the Sims since TS2, and have always been fascinated by all the possibilities for mods - after finding that a lot of the things I'd have enjoyed in the past games and in the current game either don't exist or are broken, I've decided to become a modder for TS4, and hopefully TS5 as well! I have a lot of big dreams for mods, but as of right now I'm experimenting with making very basic ones. I'm just a beginner, after all.

I'm going to university for game development and programming this fall and I'm very eager to put the skills I learn to the test with some major mods in the future. I've lurked this forum and others for tips before, but I figured I'd join in on the fun instead of just lurking.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know the people here!

Hello @MIKYA :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2 . I hope that you will enjoy learning about and making mods for Sims 4.
    It is exciting that you are starting university this year and will be studying game development and programming! :) I hope your studies go very well!
    Happy simming! :)
  • FriesSuppliesFriesSupplies Posts: 51 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm currently a full time college student and I've been playing the game since TS2. The main reason to join here is to connect with more people who play the game since none of my friends or acquaintance share this hobby of mine :smile: Nice to meet you all and have a nice day!
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    Hi! I wrote here three months ago, but, I did a mistake. I said that I started playing the sims 3 but no, I started with the sims 2 and I used to play every day like 6 years ago, I had, almost, all the packs and I really enjoy them. Then I had the sims 3 but without any pack because then I had the sims 4, till now. I had all the packs and I really love spending time with this game. Now I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge and I really like it, I explained this challenge to my friends and two of them are doing it too. We really like it!
    Hi everyone! I'm currently a full time college student and I've been playing the game since TS2. The main reason to join here is to connect with more people who play the game since none of my friends or acquaintance share this hobby of mine :smile: Nice to meet you all and have a nice day!

Hello @FriesSupplies :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed playing a number of households over the time and seeing how their lives developed in your game. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
    menysanas wrote: »
    Hi! I wrote here three months ago, but, I did a mistake. I said that I started playing the sims 3 but no, I started with the sims 2 and I used to play every day like 6 years ago, I had, almost, all the packs and I really enjoy them. Then I had the sims 3 but without any pack because then I had the sims 4, till now. I had all the packs and I really love spending time with this game. Now I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge and I really like it, I explained this challenge to my friends and two of them are doing it too. We really like it!

Hello @menysanas :) I hope your Not So Berry challenge continues to go well. It is lovely that your friends are also doing the challenge :) You would enjoy chatting about your sims families that you play.
  • samsinblogsamsinblog Posts: 26 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Sam, I live in the UK. I've been playing The Sims for as long as I can remember, I used to have 'Bustin' Out' on Xbox (which I just read was released in 2003!).
    I'm currently playing The Sims 4 on PC, it's really helped me through the COVID-19 lockdown and kept me entertained.
    Can't wait to talk to you all some more. :)
    samsinblog wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Sam, I live in the UK. I've been playing The Sims for as long as I can remember, I used to have 'Bustin' Out' on Xbox (which I just read was released in 2003!).
    I'm currently playing The Sims 4 on PC, it's really helped me through the COVID-19 lockdown and kept me entertained.
    Can't wait to talk to you all some more. :)

Hello @samsinblog :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for a long while and have played both the pc and console versions of the game. Simming is a great way to take a restful break from real life and all that our days or lives are holding, especially with the current virus situation.
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the forums about your sims and what is happening in your game .
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • Urban_S1mmerUrban_S1mmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Sul sul! Call me Ellie! I'm a fairly new player, but has been a fan for longer than I can remember! Whilst writing this, I am multitasking because I'm playing the sim s 4 right now! I like dancing, eating and conspiracy theories! Happy simming!
    Sul sul! Call me Ellie! I'm a fairly new player, but has been a fan for longer than I can remember! Whilst writing this, I am multitasking because I'm playing the sim s 4 right now! I like dancing, eating and conspiracy theories! Happy simming!

Hello @Urban_S1mmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are playing Sims 4 right now! I hope your gametime today goes very well. With you enjoying dancing, you would also like seeing your sims dancing to music too.
  • QU33N31QU33N31 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi there!! Names Jamie, from Ohio. I've been playing the sims since TS1 (lifetime simmer) I've never been involved in the forums, however lately everything has been online based for newer packs and expansions etc. So I thought, why not join in on the fun and decision making!? Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their favorite sims!
    QU33N31 wrote: »
    Hi there!! Names Jamie, from Ohio. I've been playing the sims since TS1 (lifetime simmer) I've never been involved in the forums, however lately everything has been online based for newer packs and expansions etc. So I thought, why not join in on the fun and decision making!? Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their favorite sims!

Hello @QU33N31 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating and building in the game!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
  • Arie03Arie03 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey, Quick question sorry if this is off topic or doesn't belong here in advance. The requirements to be a member, Do you have to reach all of them time, post, points to become a full member. Or if I accumulate 25 points with lets say 7 posts would that work?
    Arie03 wrote: »
    Hey, Quick question sorry if this is off topic or doesn't belong here in advance. The requirements to be a member, Do you have to reach all of them time, post, points to become a full member. Or if I accumulate 25 points with lets say 7 posts would that work?

Hello @Arie03 :) You need to have 25 points, and 15 posts, and have an account for over 24 hours. Each of the requirements need to be reached. You nearly have the points but will also need to post 15 times.
  • OtsenaOtsena Posts: 17 Member
    Hello again! I've posted here once, I believe a year or so ago. Just wanted to pop in again and say hi to newcomers! How long have y'all been playing the Sims for? I'm back to being active again due to the massive update that caused havoc in my sims games (broken mods galre, lol!). This forum is so helpful when it comes to updates on broken/fixed/updated mods :)
    CrispTears wrote: »
    Hello again! I've posted here once, I believe a year or so ago. Just wanted to pop in again and say hi to newcomers! How long have y'all been playing the Sims for? I'm back to being active again due to the massive update that caused havoc in my sims games (broken mods galre, lol!). This forum is so helpful when it comes to updates on broken/fixed/updated mods :)

Hello @CrispTears :) Welcome back to the forums!
  • origionalmeheheorigionalmehehe Posts: 12 New Member
    Well hello! My Name is Nicole, I have a huge anxiety/Ptsd disorder so I hugely use video games as a coping method and The Sims is probably one of my favorite games. I do play some Xbox as well. I do run my own music production company which will soon be part music production and part video game design so I am working on recruiting for that and am trying to get my family involved since we are all either musicians or gamers lol. Music, video games and movies are my world. I love anything that lets me escape reality! I love to meet new people who are like minded. I will have a website up soon. I do have one song up on YouTube and several on Soundcloud but out of respect I will not post them here.
    I hope everyone is safe and well out there! Feel free to hit me up or add me!
    Well hello! My Name is Nicole, I have a huge anxiety/Ptsd disorder so I hugely use video games as a coping method and The Sims is probably one of my favorite games. I do play some Xbox as well. I do run my own music production company which will soon be part music production and part video game design so I am working on recruiting for that and am trying to get my family involved since we are all either musicians or gamers lol. Music, video games and movies are my world. I love anything that lets me escape reality! I love to meet new people who are like minded. I will have a website up soon. I do have one song up on YouTube and several on Soundcloud but out of respect I will not post them here.
    I hope everyone is safe and well out there! Feel free to hit me up or add me!

Hello @origionalmehehe :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I send hugs to you as you live day by day with your anxiety/ptsd disorder <3 Simming is a great way of having a break from real life and all that it is holding, and also can be calming.
    It is great that you run your own music production company! :) I hope that the addition of video game design goes very well. It is great that you will soon have a website. It will be great for people to visit and find out about your company.
  • origionalmeheheorigionalmehehe Posts: 12 New Member
    Thank you so much! <3
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Hello there :) I just wanted to say hi, and also ask why I cannot find the option to start a new discussion? I have a question about the dine out pack and can't seem to be able to ask it. Lol.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    > @manicobsessive said:
    > Hello there :) I just wanted to say hi, and also ask why I cannot find the option to start a new discussion? I have a question about the dine out pack and can't seem to be able to ask it. Lol.

Oh never mind, I've realised why now lol. Never mind :D
    Hello there :) I just wanted to say hi, and also ask why I cannot find the option to start a new discussion? I have a question about the dine out pack and can't seem to be able to ask it. Lol.

Hello @manicobsessive :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.
  • BobbiliciousBobbilicious Posts: 25 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm not a new simmer, but I am new on this forum so nice to meet you all!

When I was younger, I used to go to a friends house and we would play the sims 2 for hours. (Read: she would play, I would watch. Which was by choice btw)
    I can't remember in what year I started playing but it was a little after the sims 3 came out. I've been obsessed with it ever since. For the past two years I haven't been playing at all because of traveling through Australia and New Zealand, but I've recently started playing again.
    Right now I'm contemplating if I should just buy a gaming laptop since my MacBook is getting quite old. It would be nice not having to wait 50 minutes before your household save is done with loading, lol. (I play with A LOT of CC)

I suck at building, think I'm pretty good with creating sims (good enough for me at least :p) and I've only had one death of old age in my household because I get attached to my sims and make the lifespan quite long... Anyone else got that problem too? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top