Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello! Iโ€™ve been playing Sims for a few months now, and often come here to scroll through the posts and seek advice. Figured it was time I made an account for all those times when I canโ€™t find what Iโ€™m looking for. I donโ€™t have much experience with Sims or technology but Ikll do my best to contribute on here!

Hello @Alex_24 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you post on the threads, find helpful gameplay tips and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    MenesseMenesse Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everyone!
    I've been playing the Sims for a long time. As a child I used to go over to my best friends' house, and she had The Sims 1 on her computer. Ever since I saw The Sims 1 I was a huge fan. A short time after I found out about The Sims 1, The Sims 2 came out. I asked it for my birthday and was once again totally addicted. I got my friends into it as well, and we used to all ask different expansions for our birthdays and would then share them with each other until we all had all the packs/expansions ;)

Then when The Sims 3 came out I bought it as soon as it was in store. Saved up to buy every single expansion pack. Played that a lot until The Sims 4 came out. When The Sims 4 came out I had heard so much negativity about it, and I decided to not buy it just yet. I waited until they had released some more stuff, so that I would enjoy the game more (for example pools and toddlers). About 3 years ago I finally got The Sims 4 and loving it more than ever. Currently I do not have a lot of packs (1 stuff pack, 1 game pack, 4 expansion packs), because I am a student and that equals being broke :') But hope to eventually collect all the packs! :blush:

I love the Sims community and how the Sims team interacts with us. I came on this forum because of a tweet by SimguruNick, just reading the patch notes haha. And now I am here, discovering a whole new part of the Sims community :smiley:

That was and still is my Sims journey :)
  • Options
    lilfreeklilfreek Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello fellow Simmers!
    I have been playing The Sims since its very first installment, however it was about 2 years after its release. I was 9 years old! The Sims series of games has truly been my most played game. I am not a 'gamer', but I am. I am very casual. I love games on both PC and console, and often switch between the two. Lately its been all about PC for Sims 4. Even when I do play console games, the Sims is still played for an hour or so each day xD I'm kind of a loon.

I'm only recently discovering the joys of mods and CC. When I played Sims 3, I had a lot of CC but I was young and it often messed up my game so I was wary of trying to add outside content to my game. This time I've done more reading before diving in which has helped a lot. I know far more about how it works this time thankfully, but I am still very much learning how to do things with it.

I actually do hope to be active on the forums and maybe even make some friends, who knows. But for now, I'm off to play for a little while!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    I've been playing the Sims for a long time. As a child I used to go over to my best friends' house, and she had The Sims 1 on her computer. Ever since I saw The Sims 1 I was a huge fan. A short time after I found out about The Sims 1, The Sims 2 came out. I asked it for my birthday and was once again totally addicted. I got my friends into it as well, and we used to all ask different expansions for our birthdays and would then share them with each other until we all had all the packs/expansions ;)

Then when The Sims 3 came out I bought it as soon as it was in store. Saved up to buy every single expansion pack. Played that a lot until The Sims 4 came out. When The Sims 4 came out I had heard so much negativity about it, and I decided to not buy it just yet. I waited until they had released some more stuff, so that I would enjoy the game more (for example pools and toddlers). About 3 years ago I finally got The Sims 4 and loving it more than ever. Currently I do not have a lot of packs (1 stuff pack, 1 game pack, 4 expansion packs), because I am a student and that equals being broke :') But hope to eventually collect all the packs! :blush:

I love the Sims community and how the Sims team interacts with us. I came on this forum because of a tweet by SimguruNick, just reading the patch notes haha. And now I am here, discovering a whole new part of the Sims community :smiley:

That was and still is my Sims journey :)

Hello @Menesse :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice reading abut your Sims journey over the years :) It is lovely that Simming has been a special part of your life as you have been growing up <3 I hope that your studies as a student continue to go well.
    May you have many more very special times as a simmer in the years ahead :)
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • Options
    Hello fellow Simmers!
    I have been playing The Sims since its very first installment, however it was about 2 years after its release. I was 9 years old! The Sims series of games has truly been my most played game. I am not a 'gamer', but I am. I am very casual. I love games on both PC and console, and often switch between the two. Lately its been all about PC for Sims 4. Even when I do play console games, the Sims is still played for an hour or so each day xD I'm kind of a loon.

I'm only recently discovering the joys of mods and CC. When I played Sims 3, I had a lot of CC but I was young and it often messed up my game so I was wary of trying to add outside content to my game. This time I've done more reading before diving in which has helped a lot. I know far more about how it works this time thankfully, but I am still very much learning how to do things with it.

I actually do hope to be active on the forums and maybe even make some friends, who knows. But for now, I'm off to play for a little while!!

Hello @lilfreek :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1 as a child. It is great that playing the Sims has been a part of your life as you have been growing up as well as playing other pc and console games, It is nice to choose what game to play depending on how you feeling that day. It is great that you are enjoy the of version of the Sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
  • Options
    Sims4TheOfficeSims4TheOffice Posts: 11 New Member
    Thanks Rosemow for sharing this link. It has answered many of my questions!

Hi everyone! I'm not new to The Sims4 but I am new to the forum. I have over 24 hours played in The Sims4 and I have progressed with my interest and skills in the game to want to participate in the forums and start my own YouTube Channel with my gameplay. I am excited to continue through with my plans to recreate The Office (US) TV show on The Sims 4 platform!
  • Options
    > @Bamajam said:
    > My name is Bamajam. I'm a Gemini. I like puppies, long walks on the beach, words that begin with the letter "J" and pillow fights. I've been described as both spicy and sweet (well, that's what my mom says anyway). I really want to find a cure for ear wax and am currently trying to patent a cotton swab that works without having to go into your ear. If I could meet one person either living or dead, it would be either Jesus or Roger Rabbit (whoever pays for dinner). My turnoffs include fingernails on a chalkboard, poems that don't rhyme and semi-colons.

This is an awesome introduction. Any updates on the success of your aspirations of earwax and cotton swaps?
  • Options
    Thanks Rosemow for sharing this link. It has answered many of my questions!

Hi everyone! I'm not new to The Sims4 but I am new to the forum. I have over 24 hours played in The Sims4 and I have progressed with my interest and skills in the game to want to participate in the forums and start my own YouTube Channel with my gameplay. I am excited to continue through with my plans to recreate The Office (US) TV show on The Sims 4 platform!

Hello @Sims4TheOffice :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is exciting that you are planning to start your own simming YouTube channel! :) Simmers will enjoy watching your videos.
    I hope that your plans to recreate the tv show goes well!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Sims4TheOffice wrote: ยป
    >
    > Thanks Rosemow for sharing this link. It has answered many of my questions!
    >
    > Hi everyone! I'm not new to The Sims4 but I am new to the forum. I have over 24 hours played in The Sims4 and I have progressed with my interest and skills in the game to want to participate in the forums and start my own YouTube Channel with my gameplay. I am excited to continue through with my plans to recreate The Office (US) TV show on The Sims 4 platform!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Sims4TheOffice :) It is nice to meet you.
    > It is exciting that you are planning to start your own simming YouTube channel! :) Simmers will enjoy watching your videos.
    > I hope that your plans to recreate the tv show goes well!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I hope my plans go well too!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Sims4TheOffice wrote: ยป
    >
    > Thanks Rosemow for sharing this link. It has answered many of my questions!
    >
    > Hi everyone! I'm not new to The Sims4 but I am new to the forum. I have over 24 hours played in The Sims4 and I have progressed with my interest and skills in the game to want to participate in the forums and start my own YouTube Channel with my gameplay. I am excited to continue through with my plans to recreate The Office (US) TV show on The Sims 4 platform!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Sims4TheOffice :) It is nice to meet you.
    > It is exciting that you are planning to start your own simming YouTube channel! :) Simmers will enjoy watching your videos.
    > I hope that your plans to recreate the tv show goes well!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I hope my plans go well too!

Youโ€™re welcome :)
  • Options
    Galaxygamer346Galaxygamer346 Posts: 22 Member
    I was looking for the introduce section. I was getting frustrated as I couldn't find it. I probably passed it few times. lol Thank you for sharing the link! Anyways, My name is Kat. I'm a long time sim player. One game I never get tired of. :D I'm from Montana.

My friend who I never met and we been good online friends and she told me, "Why don't you play the sims?" This was the sims 2 (I believe). I just fell in love with the game. I would catch my Mom watching me playing the sims 3. She would get a chuckled. I should have shown her to play the game. Now, I could picture her playing the game. lol

I was a caregiver of both of my parents. My Mom passed away November 20th, 2015 from pulmonary hypertension. I was very close to my. My Older brother (Never really got a long with) passed away in Feb of 2018 it was his health and weighed over 300 pounds. My middle older brother told me, "His heart gave out and never woke up." My dad passed away on March 30th, 2018 from a long battle of congestive heart failure. It's been a very hard year losing people you love.

I've been wanting to start a gaming channel on youtube. I was thinking of doing bunch of games and I was like, "Why don't I start a game sim?" I'm trying to grow the channel. I've already done the Ugly sims challenge and did my first editing and planning to do more of that challenge. I hope to do more of sims challenge. :D
  • Options
    I was looking for the introduce section. I was getting frustrated as I couldn't find it. I probably passed it few times. lol Thank you for sharing the link! Anyways, My name is Kat. I'm a long time sim player. One game I never get tired of. :D I'm from Montana.

My friend who I never met and we been good online friends and she told me, "Why don't you play the sims?" This was the sims 2 (I believe). I just fell in love with the game. I would catch my Mom watching me playing the sims 3. She would get a chuckled. I should have shown her to play the game. Now, I could picture her playing the game. lol

I was a caregiver of both of my parents. My Mom passed away November 20th, 2015 from pulmonary hypertension. I was very close to my. My Older brother (Never really got a long with) passed away in Feb of 2018 it was his health and weighed over 300 pounds. My middle older brother told me, "His heart gave out and never woke up." My dad passed away on March 30th, 2018 from a long battle of congestive heart failure. It's been a very hard year losing people you love.

I've been wanting to start a gaming channel on youtube. I was thinking of doing bunch of games and I was like, "Why don't I start a game sim?" I'm trying to grow the channel. I've already done the Ugly sims challenge and did my first editing and planning to do more of that challenge. I hope to do more of sims challenge. :D

Hello @Galaxygamer346 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that your online friend encouraged you to start simming, and that you started simming by playing Sims 2. You would have then enjoyed spending many enjoyable hours ever since playing, creating and building in the game!
    I hope that your YouTube simming channel goes well. When you are a full member and can start new threads, you could start a new thread in the Video Haven section of the forums and post about your channel there .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven

I send hugs to you <3 with the passing away of your precious loved ones. You would have many treasured and beautiful memories of special times spent with them <3

• Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Maddie and I got into the Sims franchise by watching a Sims 3 LP Generations by lifesimmer. My first sims game was the sims 4 back in December 2017 as a free 2 day trial, I got it with Cats & Dogs and I was so happy! Then I got the sims 3 in 2018 as well as the sims 2 and I love all the games but Sims 3 will be my favorite, so hi and nice meeting everyone! Hopefully we can become friends here.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Maddie and I got into the Sims franchise by watching a Sims 3 LP Generations by lifesimmer. My first sims game was the sims 4 back in December 2017 as a free 2 day trial, I got it with Cats & Dogs and I was so happy! Then I got the sims 3 in 2018 as well as the sims 2 and I love all the games but Sims 3 will be my favorite, so hi and nice meeting everyone! Hopefully we can become friends here.

Hello @Maddieplaysgames :) It is nice to meet you also .Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that watching a Sims 3 LP video introduced you to simming, and then this led you to getting Sims 4 and the Cats and Dogs pack. It would have been very exciting and special for you as you started to play the game! It is nice that you then also got Sims 3 and Sims 2. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read the forum threads and post about the sims that are in your games :)
  • Options
    RaymonarPicsRaymonarPics Posts: 23 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm RaymonarPictures. I actually use the Sims 4 to make a machinima Voice Over series on YouTube called NEWCREST. Like a TV series with my sims as the characters. I'm on Season 2 and the fandom is growing well :) it's similar to Riverdale if anyone likes that, just without some of the ridiculous plotlines xD no gargoyle kings I'm afraid. This won't let me post links yet but my channel is RaymonarPictures on YouTube. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I'm RaymonarPictures. I actually use the Sims 4 to make a machinima Voice Over series on YouTube called NEWCREST. Like a TV series with my sims as the characters. I'm on Season 2 and the fandom is growing well :) it's similar to Riverdale if anyone likes that, just without some of the ridiculous plotlines xD no gargoyle kings I'm afraid. This won't let me post links yet but my channel is RaymonarPictures on YouTube. Thanks :)

Hello @RaymonarPics :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice and special that you make simming machinimas on YouTube :) The series sounds great!
    I hope that it continues to go well!
    Congratulations on becoming a full member!
  • Options
    lynciaa_lollynciaa_lol Posts: 22 Member
    Hey fellow simmers, My names Lyncia. Originally, I began playing TS3 around 2014. And when I started, it was s hard to stay away. I could say that it was the graphics and the general concept; however, I just really enjoyed playing it. The additional game and stuff packs along with it really made the gameplay so cool. Then I bought TS4 about a few months after i bought TS3 and the graphics are amazing, I really love it. I love watching speed build and game play videos on certain packs within the TS4, especially with the Parenthood and the Cats and Dogs!

Right now I am a Cybersecurity and History major at a prestigious university. After playing the sims and interacting with the mods and custom content I found that I love all things simulated tech related. I would love to have an opportunity to intern with the Sims franchise, It would really light up my experience with gaming. But until then, I am extremely excited to purchase the three new packs coming to the sims 4 platform.
  • Options
    Hey fellow simmers, My names Lyncia. Originally, I began playing TS3 around 2014. And when I started, it was s hard to stay away. I could say that it was the graphics and the general concept; however, I just really enjoyed playing it. The additional game and stuff packs along with it really made the gameplay so cool. Then I bought TS4 about a few months after i bought TS3 and the graphics are amazing, I really love it. I love watching speed build and game play videos on certain packs within the TS4, especially with the Parenthood and the Cats and Dogs!

Right now I am a Cybersecurity and History major at a prestigious university. After playing the sims and interacting with the mods and custom content I found that I love all things simulated tech related. I would love to have an opportunity to intern with the Sims franchise, It would really light up my experience with gaming. But until then, I am extremely excited to purchase the three new packs coming to the sims 4 platform.

Hello @lynciaa_lol :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, then that led you on to also playing Sims 4 too. It is enjoyable watching simming videos, and helpful gameplay and building tips can often be found when watching the videos!
    I hope that your uni studies continue to go well. You would enjoy simming as a restful break from the stresses of your studies.
    I am looking forward to hearing details about and buying the new upcoming packs also!
  • Options
    KayNoelKayNoel Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello, my name is Kayla but I prefer kitty online. I started out on the sims 2 pets for the ps2. It was my favorite game and I would play it all the time. I actually named my childhood cat "Maxwell" after the default name. I then moved onto the sim 2 and sims 2 castaway (ps2). Growing up we never had a fancy computer but my father got a ps3! That meant i could play the new and improved Sims 3! I was so excited at the time. I ended up getting the sims 3 pets not long after....then my cousin (who is also a heavy simmer) introduced me to pc gaming. I only played on her laptop at the time due to my lack of a decent computer. She kept getting new packs for the sims 3 and i never went back to my poor old ps3. After a while, my mother ended up getting an okay laptop and of course, i bugged her for a solid 3 months to get the sims 3 myself. She gave me around Christmas time and I've been on my way through the sims ever since. Now I owe 1-4 for pc. I only really play the sims 4 now because I enjoy how easy it is to mod :)
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Kayla but I prefer kitty online. I started out on the sims 2 pets for the ps2. It was my favorite game and I would play it all the time. I actually named my childhood cat "Maxwell" after the default name. I then moved onto the sim 2 and sims 2 castaway (ps2). Growing up we never had a fancy computer but my father got a ps3! That meant i could play the new and improved Sims 3! I was so excited at the time. I ended up getting the sims 3 pets not long after....then my cousin (who is also a heavy simmer) introduced me to pc gaming. I only played on her laptop at the time due to my lack of a decent computer. She kept getting new packs for the sims 3 and i never went back to my poor old ps3. After a while, my mother ended up getting an okay laptop and of course, i bugged her for a solid 3 months to get the sims 3 myself. She gave me around Christmas time and I've been on my way through the sims ever since. Now I owe 1-4 for pc. I only really play the sims 4 now because I enjoy how easy it is to mod :)

Hello @KayNoel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 2 pets, then that led you onto other Sims 2 console versions also. It would have been very special and exciting for you to then play Sims 3 on ps3 <3 It is great that you were then later on able to play the pc Sims 3 version on your mothers laptop. It would have been a very lovely Christmas present! :)
    It is great you now own all the pc versions of the game. Simming is fun!
  • Options
    SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    Oh hi! I feel like I have always been a sim developer in my head ๐Ÿ˜‚, so I am so glad I finally thought to seek out this resource, and that it is so well-used! If even one of my ideas makes it into the Sims I will be beside myself ๐Ÿ’—. Thanks for keeping the sim dream alive! Veena Fredishay!
  • Options
    SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    @Menesse Same here! I was obsessed with playing at my friends house and then when my Mom finally bought a copy for home she and I would take turns playing for hours. I remember one of the first nights I had it I stayed up til 6am playing ๐Ÿ˜‚ (our computer was so slow)!
  • Options
    Oh hi! I feel like I have always been a sim developer in my head ๐Ÿ˜‚, so I am so glad I finally thought to seek out this resource, and that it is so well-used! If even one of my ideas makes it into the Sims I will be beside myself ๐Ÿ’—. Thanks for keeping the sim dream alive! Veena Fredishay!

Hello @SimDesign :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, find helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the game!
    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you could start a new thread in the Sims 4 Ideas Corner section of the forums and post your ideas there .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
  • Options
    Foxy_Foxy_ Posts: 37 Member
    Hello i am Foxy and i love playing the sims and I have 952 hours on the sims 4, I wont ever stop playing the game cuz i love it so much. i like playing video games and doing sports. i have a passion for art and creativeness, ive known the sims ever since i was 7 but i only was able to play the sims freeplay on ipad.
  • Options
    Foxy_ wrote: ยป
    Hello i am Foxy and i love playing the sims and I have 952 hours on the sims 4, I wont ever stop playing the game cuz i love it so much. i like playing video games and doing sports. i have a passion for art and creativeness, ive known the sims ever since i was 7 but i only was able to play the sims freeplay on ipad.

Hello @Foxy_ :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you became a fan of simming when you were a young child , and started simming by playing Sims FreePlay. It is great you are now enjoying playing Sims 4. Each of the many hours that you have spent simming would have been very enjoyable !
    It is nice that you enjoy art. Painting is a special way of expressing our creativity ::

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top