March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hi everyone,

I got started playing the Sims on...xbox *holds for groans* and didn't have access to the computer game until downloading TS4 last year. I really enjoy hearing about why people play the Sims, what they love/hate about it, what aspects of gameplay are important to them, how their characters behave, all of it. So much so that I'm actually doing a grad school project on the game and how folks talk about it online!

For me, I love spending time making sims and building their relationships, but I have almost no patience for building homes lol. I'm also totally new to the world of mods and expansion packs, so I'm excited to learn a lot here.

Hello @xeno_genesis :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing a console version of the game, and now you are also enjoying the Sims 4 pc version. Your grad school project would be so very interesting for you to do the research and find out about how simmers play! I hope your studies continue to go well :)
    It is nice that you enjoy creating Sims and seeing their interractions and frienships with family and friends in the game <3
    Happy simming! :)
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    Hello,

I've long been interested in the idea of life simulation games, but didn't want to drop too much money on a game to try it out. Sims 4 showed up on sale on the Xbox store so I decided to go for it. Now I don't know how I lived without a sim life! Still glad I got it on sale though ;)

ED
    Hello,

I've long been interested in the idea of life simulation games, but didn't want to drop too much money on a game to try it out. Sims 4 showed up on sale on the Xbox store so I decided to go for it. Now I don't know how I lived without a sim life! Still glad I got it on sale though ;)

ED

Hello @Endless_Days :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was great that you were able to buy the console version of Sims 4 when it was on sale :) It is nice that you are enjoying playing the game.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, and chatting with fellow simmers about what is happening in your game.
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Endless_Days wrote: »
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've long been interested in the idea of life simulation games, but didn't want to drop too much money on a game to try it out. Sims 4 showed up on sale on the Xbox store so I decided to go for it. Now I don't know how I lived without a sim life! Still glad I got it on sale though ;)
    >
    > ED
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Endless_Days :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It was great that you were able to buy the console version of Sims 4 when it was on sale :) It is nice that you are enjoying playing the game.
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, and chatting with fellow simmers about what is happening in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you, @rosemow !
    > @rosemow said:
    > Endless_Days wrote: »
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've long been interested in the idea of life simulation games, but didn't want to drop too much money on a game to try it out. Sims 4 showed up on sale on the Xbox store so I decided to go for it. Now I don't know how I lived without a sim life! Still glad I got it on sale though ;)
    >
    > ED
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Endless_Days :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It was great that you were able to buy the console version of Sims 4 when it was on sale :) It is nice that you are enjoying playing the game.
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, and chatting with fellow simmers about what is happening in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you, @rosemow !

You’re welcome! @Endless_Days :)
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    So... I've had this account since 2009 and never posted until today... Back then I played The Sims 3 but I have been away from The Sims until the last month that my BF bought The Sims 4 for me. I'm more into building than live mode. Currently I'm trying to replicate DBZ houses... a bit of hard to do since in that world there's ton of curved walls and domes in all buildings, also, since I only have the base game and get together the options are pretty limited, I'm having fun trying tho.

Hi! I'm Ale, btw.
  • DagDag Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi, guys 😁 I’m new here, and love playing sims 3, sometimes 2, I have to say this but I hate 4 😂
    Ishizusv wrote: »
    So... I've had this account since 2009 and never posted until today... Back then I played The Sims 3 but I have been away from The Sims until the last month that my BF bought The Sims 4 for me. I'm more into building than live mode. Currently I'm trying to replicate DBZ houses... a bit of hard to do since in that world there's ton of curved walls and domes in all buildings, also, since I only have the base game and get together the options are pretty limited, I'm having fun trying tho.

Hi! I'm Ale, btw.

Hello @Ishizusv :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 3 , and after a break are now back simming again and playing Sims 4.
    Building is a very enjoyable and fun part of playing the game! It is great that we can make sim game versions of real life homes or buildings from other games and have them in our games for our sims to live in or visit! I hope that your work on the DBZ homes goes well :)
    Dag wrote: »
    Hi, guys 😁 I’m new here, and love playing sims 3, sometimes 2, I have to say this but I hate 4 😂

Hello @Dag :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing Sims 3 and also sometimes play Sims 2.
    You may like to read and post on the threads in the Sims 3 section of the forums.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion
  • heauxfinityheauxfinity Posts: 94 Member
    Suul...

I'm a dyslexic Simmer from Indonesia who is a longtime fan. My first game was TS2, and I remember to have it on PS2 and DS when I was young, as well as Castaway, and I got addicted to The Sims since then.

Now I'm in high school and came back to simming again after a long hiatus. I have TS3 and TS4, although I played 4 more often than 3. I admit that I like to play as male sims more than females... and since I'm a NASCAR fan (odd, huh?), I tend to create my Sims after their drivers, lol.

Cheers!
    edited March 2019
    Suul...

I'm a dyslexic Simmer from Indonesia who is a longtime fan. My first game was TS2, and I remember to have it on PS2 and DS when I was young, as well as Castaway, and I got addicted to The Sims since then.

Now I'm in high school and came back to simming again after a long hiatus. I have TS3 and TS4, although I played 4 more often than 3. I admit that I like to play as male sims more than females... and since I'm a NASCAR fan (odd, huh?), I tend to create my Sims after their drivers, lol.

Cheers!

Hello @heauxfinity :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you first played the console versions of Sims when you were young, and that started you enjoying simming as a simmer from then on! It is nice that Sims 2 was the first PC version that you played.
    Welcome back to simming again after your break! :) It is nice that you play both Sims 3 and Sims 4. It is great that you create sims based on NASCAR drivers. You would be enjoying playing these sims in your games and seeing how their lives develop:)
  • Bethandme6Bethandme6 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi, its good to be back. I used to be here a long while ago, but I'm glad this thread is still available. I've written my first novel about my Sims. The story is based on the legacy challenge by Pinstar, but is not scoring. When I'm not caring for my client as a live-in carer, I love to play the sims, record the action and make up the story afterwards.
    Bethandme6 wrote: »
    Hi, its good to be back. I used to be here a long while ago, but I'm glad this thread is still available. I've written my first novel about my Sims. The story is based on the legacy challenge by Pinstar, but is not scoring. When I'm not caring for my client as a live-in carer, I love to play the sims, record the action and make up the story afterwards.

Hello @Bethandme6 :) Welcome back to simming forums :)
    It is very special that you have written a novel about your sims :) It would be very nice for simmers to read
    It is very caring and kind of you that you work as a live in carer <3 Your thoughtful help and assistance would be very much appreciated.
    Story writing is a very special part of simming! It. It is enjoyable writing about what happens in the lives of our sims :)
  • PlantPlumbobPlantPlumbob Posts: 7 New Member
    Good afternoon fellow Simmers! :)

I'm a veteran of The Sims series, playing for around 10+ years. I was previously a lurker; someone who would read threads and discussions from afar but never posting or adding to the conversation. I've finally decided to make an account and connect with like-minded people. I currently play The Sims 4 on a PC on a daily basis (I guess you could call it an addiction!) with an emphasis on an off-the-grid/eco-living/farm-life play-style. I'm currently making an off-the-grid challenge which has a significant amount of making furniture involved... Super fun and different from the everyday-perfect-family saves I'm used to.

What kind of player am I?
    - 70% Live Mode
    - 25% Build Mode
    - 5% CAS Mode

My favourite Sims 4 packs at the moment?
    - Laundry Day (eco-living for the win!)
    - StrangerVille (the town is so vibrant and rich with colour)
    - Outdoor Retreat (I love all things outdoor-esque, bring me grunge!)
    - Parenthood (sack lunches are adorable!)
    - Spa Day (everything is just so therapeutic + yoga)

I also love mods and the plethora of custom content out there on the internet. I would love to be able to mod my game one day, adding tiny bits here and there where The Sims 4 doesn't quite do it justice (looking at you, 3 pizza toppings). Thanks for getting to know a little bit about me.

Dag dag! o:)
    Good afternoon fellow Simmers! :)

I'm a veteran of The Sims series, playing for around 10+ years. I was previously a lurker; someone who would read threads and discussions from afar but never posting or adding to the conversation. I've finally decided to make an account and connect with like-minded people. I currently play The Sims 4 on a PC on a daily basis (I guess you could call it an addiction!) with an emphasis on an off-the-grid/eco-living/farm-life play-style. I'm currently making an off-the-grid challenge which has a significant amount of making furniture involved... Super fun and different from the everyday-perfect-family saves I'm used to.

What kind of player am I?
    - 70% Live Mode
    - 25% Build Mode
    - 5% CAS Mode

My favourite Sims 4 packs at the moment?
    - Laundry Day (eco-living for the win!)
    - StrangerVille (the town is so vibrant and rich with colour)
    - Outdoor Retreat (I love all things outdoor-esque, bring me grunge!)
    - Parenthood (sack lunches are adorable!)
    - Spa Day (everything is just so therapeutic + yoga)

I also love mods and the plethora of custom content out there on the internet. I would love to be able to mod my game one day, adding tiny bits here and there where The Sims 4 doesn't quite do it justice (looking at you, 3 pizza toppings). Thanks for getting to know a little bit about me.

Dag dag! o:)

Hello @PlantPlumbob :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It it great that you have been playing for over ten yesrs. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happty hours over the time simming!
    It is nice that you game has an eco living and farm style theme. It sounds very nice <3 It was great reading abiut your type of play style , your favourite packs and why you like them,
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the threads :)
  • nerounmnerounm Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi!
    I started playing The Sims last year and I love it! I'm usually in CAS or designing houses.

I got into the game from several other relatives that play it so it's almost a family thing :)
  • nerounmnerounm Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry for the double post! I forgot some information. I'm currently playing 4, and my favorite expansion is seasons, my fav game pack is currently spa day, and my favorite stuff pack is laundry day stuff ^.^
    edited March 2019
    nerounm wrote: »
    Hi!
    I started playing The Sims last year and I love it! I'm usually in CAS or designing houses.

I got into the game from several other relatives that play it so it's almost a family thing :)
    nerounm wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post! I forgot some information. I'm currently playing 4, and my favorite expansion is seasons, my fav game pack is currently spa day, and my favorite stuff pack is laundry day stuff ^.^

Hello @nerounm :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice and special that yout relatives are also simmers and that they introduced you to the game <3 You would be enjoying chattiing with them about the Sims and your sims households and builds.
    Your favourite expansion, games and stuff packs are great! They add many enjoyable and fun features to the game! It is very nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions and doing seasonal activities.
  • XDSelenaPotterXDSelenaPotter Posts: 66 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Selena! I actually come from the Dutch Sims forum, but I think it would be nice to start an account here :p . I have all the sims 4 games, and few packages of the sims 3 (and the sims 3 medival). I am a young player by myself, and have barely played the sims 2 and never the sims 1! :disappointed: . But I enjoy it a lot! :smile: . I hope I can help people here :blush:
    f291cda2.gif
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    @PlantPlumbob omg! I'd love to watch the things you've done in the off-the-grid challenge you mention
    Hello everyone! My name is Selena! I actually come from the Dutch Sims forum, but I think it would be nice to start an account here :p . I have all the sims 4 games, and few packages of the sims 3 (and the sims 3 medival). I am a young player by myself, and have barely played the sims 2 and never the sims 1! :disappointed: . But I enjoy it a lot! :smile: . I hope I can help people here :blush:

Hello @XDSelenaPotter :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums!
    It is very nice that you have joined this forum :) I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads, meeting fellow simmers and enjoy posting on the threads.
    It is great that you own all the Sims 4 packs as well as Sims 3 packs. They add many enjoyable and fun activities and features to the game! The build mode and cas items also are very nice to use in our builds and for our sims to enjoy wearing.
  • PlantPlumbobPlantPlumbob Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Ishizusv said:
    > @PlantPlumbob omg! I'd love to watch the things you've done in the off-the-grid challenge you mention

It's nothing too special. I'm actually stuck in thought - whether to move my Sims to Granite Falls because it's just so much better suited for this type of gameplay. They're currently in Oasis Springs and it's a challenge which I like. They're always either uncomfortable (haven't been clean since day 1) or sad. They're suffering to say the least. 0:)
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Hi I have been playing the sims for about a year now and my favourite sims game is The Sims 2
    SimSweety wrote: »
    Hi I have been playing the sims for about a year now and my favourite sims game is The Sims 2

Hello @SimSweety :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing Sims 2 and have been playing for a year. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the last 12 months playing, creating and building in the game! Simming is very enjoyable !
  • skylerxoskylerxo Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello! I'm Skyler. I've been playing The Sims for many years now. Thanks for having me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top