March 5 - Maxis Monthly today! Check this out for more details!

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Kayen wrote: »
    Hi! i'm newbie on Sims games, i just want to know if my Lenovo ideapad 120s is compatible with this game and i also have an external hard drive. please enlighten me.

    Hello @Kayen :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! :)
    It would be best to post your questions about the Lenovo on a thread on the AHQ EA Sims 4 Tech site. Simmers there will help and advise you.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
    It is exciting that you are planning to start simming :)
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 46 Member
    Hi! I'm new as a member on the forum because I am very shy, and I tend to lurk for a long time around a new group of people before deciding to participate. This is true in real life as well, unfortunately. But I have been playing the sims for several years. I started with sims 3 and now have been enjoying sims 4 for a couple years.

    I think I fall into the "builder" and "storyteller" type categories in terms of play style, and I play rather heavily modded to remove a lot of the more "time management" aspects of the game and to give me more control as a director of my stories. I love to build! Sometimes I spend weeks and weeks doing nothing but building. But I also get very attached to my favorite sims (I play with aging turned off) and will create long and meandering "slice of life" stories for them.

    I take a lot of screenshots when I play (sometimes hundreds in one session) as an aid to my storytelling in my own imagination. I love seeing other players' screenshots from their games, which I will admit is the main thing that attracted me to participating in this forum. When I get enough rank to actually post pictures I would like to share some of mine as well. Might take a while though since I am so shy about posting.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Hi! I'm new as a member on the forum because I am very shy, and I tend to lurk for a long time around a new group of people before deciding to participate. This is true in real life as well, unfortunately. But I have been playing the sims for several years. I started with sims 3 and now have been enjoying sims 4 for a couple years.

    I think I fall into the "builder" and "storyteller" type categories in terms of play style, and I play rather heavily modded to remove a lot of the more "time management" aspects of the game and to give me more control as a director of my stories. I love to build! Sometimes I spend weeks and weeks doing nothing but building. But I also get very attached to my favorite sims (I play with aging turned off) and will create long and meandering "slice of life" stories for them.

    I take a lot of screenshots when I play (sometimes hundreds in one session) as an aid to my storytelling in my own imagination. I love seeing other players' screenshots from their games, which I will admit is the main thing that attracted me to participating in this forum. When I get enough rank to actually post pictures I would like to share some of mine as well. Might take a while though since I am so shy about posting.

    Hello @GlacierSnow :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and are now also enjoying playing Sims 4 also.
    It is great that you enjoy building homes and venues in the game. Building is a very special part of simming! It is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity as we design and build the homes or venues, then furnish them to suit different styles.or themes or sims households that will live there. It is very special also seeing how the lives of our favourite sims progress in our games. <3
    It will be very nice seeing the screenshots of your game that you post when you become a full member :)
    You may like to post on threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums, to help you with the posts and points needed for becoming a member. They would also very much enjoy reading your feedback on their threads.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

    Happy simming! :)
  • yowutupdoeyowutupdoe Posts: 18 Member
    Im Anita I play the sims 4 PC and console(mostly console)and I enjoy it very much. the more expantion packs they release the less money I have
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    yowutupdoe wrote: »
    Im Anita I play the sims 4 PC and console(mostly console)and I enjoy it very much. the more expantion packs they release the less money I have

    Hello @yowutupdoe :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you play both the pc and console versions of Sims 4, and are enjoying very much playing the game. Simming is fun!
    It is always exciting when packs are released, and we can enjoy discovering all the new features, activities and build /buy mode items that they bring to the game!
    Happy simming! :)
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 1 New Member
    (i hope I'm doing this right by using the comment section!!!!)
    Hello, I'm Matthew, I'm 22, and I'm really happy to see this is still an active thread! I've been playing the sims since sims 3, played almost every expansion, murdered 3 computers for it, and onto my fourth with both sims 3 and sims 4... My poor, poor Samsung. I got REALLY into story telling, legacy challenges, and family building in the gameplay and love seeing what I can do to stretch it. I'd love to start my own string of legacy stories and have written a few challenges myself!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    (i hope I'm doing this right by using the comment section!!!!)
    Hello, I'm Matthew, I'm 22, and I'm really happy to see this is still an active thread! I've been playing the sims since sims 3, played almost every expansion, murdered 3 computers for it, and onto my fourth with both sims 3 and sims 4... My poor, poor Samsung. I got REALLY into story telling, legacy challenges, and family building in the gameplay and love seeing what I can do to stretch it. I'd love to start my own string of legacy stories and have written a few challenges myself!

    Hello @mattiemayhem :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 3 and also now enjoy playing Sims 4 also. It is great that you own almost every expansion pack! The packs add great themed features, activities and items to the game!
    It is nice that you enjoy doing story telling, legacy challenges and building of families in the game :) It is very special seeing the interactions between different generations, and seeing children progress through the different age stages of their lives in our games <3

    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your legacy stories and challenges there
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

    Happy simming! :)
  • TitaniumToriTitaniumTori Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi!
    I started with Sims 2, but it wouldn't work on my current computer. I made 2 town on it one town I made all the men join the army. I received Sims 3 as a Christmas gift. I have 5 expansions. Generations, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural & the car one that has racing (I can't remember the name of it) I made a town that will be racing theme. One of the racers I made is a ghost in honour of a race car driver who passed away 20 years ago on Halloween. He lives with my sim. I have an idea for an all faerie town the sims for that town will be based on the faeries I created in a faerie story I'm currently writing.

    I now want to mention that I have multiple disabilities including hemiplegia cerebral palsy, visual cortex damage visual impairment, a fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus (which is currently causing tremendous headaches that prevent me from playing sims) The headaches are also caused by my small skull that fused when my hydrocephalus was treated.

    Playing sims helps me with the notion of doing things I can't do in real life because of my disability even though it's considered mild there are things that the average person can do that I can't do.

    If you would like to know more about my sims plans, feel free to ask.

    Tori
  • KaeCee27KaeCee27 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I lurked on the forums for quite awhile. I can't say I'll be an avid poster here but I do read things. I am more of a builder but I do have a large family of sims I like to play. In the past I played sims 1 and then 2.

    Recently, I got into uploading my builds onto the gallery (same name as forum) but that has come to halt until I find a solution to my current issues with building. Sadly, the forum doesn't seem to have much info. And I must start posting to have some sort of rights to whatever here :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Hi!
    I started with Sims 2, but it wouldn't work on my current computer. I made 2 town on it one town I made all the men join the army. I received Sims 3 as a Christmas gift. I have 5 expansions. Generations, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural & the car one that has racing (I can't remember the name of it) I made a town that will be racing theme. One of the racers I made is a ghost in honour of a race car driver who passed away 20 years ago on Halloween. He lives with my sim. I have an idea for an all faerie town the sims for that town will be based on the faeries I created in a faerie story I'm currently writing.

    I now want to mention that I have multiple disabilities including hemiplegia cerebral palsy, visual cortex damage visual impairment, a fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus (which is currently causing tremendous headaches that prevent me from playing sims) The headaches are also caused by my small skull that fused when my hydrocephalus was treated.

    Playing sims helps me with the notion of doing things I can't do in real life because of my disability even though it's considered mild there are things that the average person can do that I can't do.

    If you would like to know more about my sims plans, feel free to ask.

    Tori

    Hello @TitaniumTori :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. It was very nice that you received Sims 3 as a Christmas present <3 It was a very special gift to receive that you will keep enjoying playing all through the year! The packs that you own are great packs! They add many enjoyable features to the game. It is very nice that you have designed a town with a racing theme. It is a nice touch that you have created a racer car driver ghost as a special tribute to a racing driver that has passed away <3 He would be a very special sim in your game. I hope that your plans for the fairy town turn out very well.
    I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with the effects of your health issues. I am so sorry to hear about the very awful and painful headaches that you are experiencing :( I send more hugs to you <3
    I am glad that playing the Sims helps you, that you can do things in the game that you are unable to do due to your health. Simming helps us to take a break from real life and all that our lives are holding.
    Happy simming! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    KaeCee27 wrote: »
    Hello, I lurked on the forums for quite awhile. I can't say I'll be an avid poster here but I do read things. I am more of a builder but I do have a large family of sims I like to play. In the past I played sims 1 and then 2.

    Recently, I got into uploading my builds onto the gallery (same name as forum) but that has come to halt until I find a solution to my current issues with building. Sadly, the forum doesn't seem to have much info. And I must start posting to have some sort of rights to whatever here :)

    Hello @KaeCee27 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums.
    It is very nice that you enjoy building. Building is a very enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that we can enjoy creating builds in a variety of architectural designs, and enjoy deciding on the types of furnishings and colour scheme that we want to have for the interior.
    I am sorry that you are having building issues :( You may like to post about your issues on the Build Mode feedback thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-the-11-13-18-patch#latest or on a thread on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Happy simming :)
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 28 Member
    Hello~ I'm Snow, pleased to meet you <3

    I used to play the Sims 2 with my older sister when it first came out, I remember being able to get the game when I turned 7 (the rating in the UK was 12+ or 7+ depending on which version you got at the time), and I adored it ever since. I've almost got every single Sims 2 expansion pack, and I've also played the Sims 3 and 4 (the latter of which I also have lots of packs for).

    I mostly use the Sims for playing with my own OCs as their sim versions, because that sort of thing just makes me feel really happy and inspires me. I love to hoard CC and look at other people's stories and artwork. I mainly play the Sims 4 now, but I think the Sims 2 will always be the best game, in my opinion, of the franchise.

    I hope everyone has a great day, and that we all can get along~ :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Hello~ I'm Snow, pleased to meet you <3

    I used to play the Sims 2 with my older sister when it first came out, I remember being able to get the game when I turned 7 (the rating in the UK was 12+ or 7+ depending on which version you got at the time), and I adored it ever since. I've almost got every single Sims 2 expansion pack, and I've also played the Sims 3 and 4 (the latter of which I also have lots of packs for).

    I mostly use the Sims for playing with my own OCs as their sim versions, because that sort of thing just makes me feel really happy and inspires me. I love to hoard CC and look at other people's stories and artwork. I mainly play the Sims 4 now, but I think the Sims 2 will always be the best game, in my opinion, of the franchise.

    I hope everyone has a great day, and that we all can get along~ :)

    Hello @xoSnowyOwlxo :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you played Sims 2 with your older sister <3 You would have many treasured and happy memories of fun times spent simming as you were growing up :) It is great that you own nearly all the Sims 2 packs! It is nice that playing Sims 2 also then led you on to playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4. It is nice that you also own many Sims 4 packs also. Packs add great new features, activities, worlds, venues and build/buy items and cas items to our games!
    It is nice that you enjoy creating and playing the sims that you create. It is special to see how the lives of the Sims that we create develop in our games. It is enjoyable also reading the stories of the lives of the Sims in fellow simmers games.
    I hope that you also are having a very nice day :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • cybrgothcybrgoth Posts: 2 New Member
    hello! i'm cybrgoth and i came here for resources for my upcoming vo sims 4 series "OUTSIDERS." feel free to check put it's casting call if you'd like to join the cast, or of you'd like to be part of the production team, the form is in the description of the video as well! check it out at maroonsims on youtube!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    cybrgoth wrote: »
    hello! i'm cybrgoth and i came here for resources for my upcoming vo sims 4 series "OUTSIDERS." feel free to check put it's casting call if you'd like to join the cast, or of you'd like to be part of the production team, the form is in the description of the video as well! check it out at maroonsims on youtube!

    Hello @cybrgoth :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you have your own simming YouTube channel :) Simmers would enjoy watching the simmimg videos that you produce. I hope that your work on your upcoming series goes very well .
    Happy simming! :)
  • PsychoCuddlesPsychoCuddles Posts: 5 New Member
    Hii! I am PsychoCuddles. I am a mom, twitch streamer, and gamer! My first console was a NES. I bought my own first computer with babysitting money in the 90s. I never felt the need to have one until I discovered The Sims :) Now my daughter (almost 8yrs old) plays The Sims as well and loves it just as much as I did as a child.
    I decided to join the forums because Google does not always have the answers I am looking for and thought this might be a better route. Also, I am always interesting in networking with others. Thanks for having me.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Hii! I am PsychoCuddles. I am a mom, twitch streamer, and gamer! My first console was a NES. I bought my own first computer with babysitting money in the 90s. I never felt the need to have one until I discovered The Sims :) Now my daughter (almost 8yrs old) plays The Sims as well and loves it just as much as I did as a child.
    I decided to join the forums because Google does not always have the answers I am looking for and thought this might be a better route. Also, I am always interesting in networking with others. Thanks for having me.

    Hello @PsychoCuddles :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that both you and your daughter are simmers <3 You would enjoy chatting together about the sims in your games :)
    It is great that you are a twitch streamer! Simmers would be enjoying watching your simming streams and seeing the Sims that you play in your game.
    It would have been very exciting for you when you bought your first computer with your babysitting money! It is extra special when we have been saving up to buy something, and then we can enjoy the item even more. It is great that you bought it due to you wanting to play The Sims :)
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads, find helpful tips for playing the game , and find answers to game issues that arise in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • thecurvynerdthecurvynerd Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I'm new to the forum as well as the game - I've only been playing since right before Thanksgiving! I'm loving this game. I just wanted to say hi!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the forum as well as the game - I've only been playing since right before Thanksgiving! I'm loving this game. I just wanted to say hi!

    Hello @thecurvynerd :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums and to simming!
    It is great that you started simming towards the end of last year, and are enjoying playing the game.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting on threads about your sims,
    Carl's Sims 4 site is also a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    Happy simming! :)
  • PsychoCuddlesPsychoCuddles Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello @PsychoCuddles :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very special that both you and your daughter are simmers <3 You would enjoy chatting together about the sims in your games :)
    > It is great that you are a twitch streamer! Simmers would be enjoying watching your simming streams and seeing the Sims that you play in your game.
    > It would have been very exciting for you when you bought your first computer with your babysitting money! It is extra special when we have been saving up to buy something, and then we can enjoy the item even more. It is great that you bought it due to you wanting to play The Sims :)
    > It is great that you have joined the simming forums community. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads, find helpful tips for playing the game , and find answers to game issues that arise in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to participating in the forums :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello @PsychoCuddles :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very special that both you and your daughter are simmers <3 You would enjoy chatting together about the sims in your games :)
    > It is great that you are a twitch streamer! Simmers would be enjoying watching your simming streams and seeing the Sims that you play in your game.
    > It would have been very exciting for you when you bought your first computer with your babysitting money! It is extra special when we have been saving up to buy something, and then we can enjoy the item even more. It is great that you bought it due to you wanting to play The Sims :)
    > It is great that you have joined the simming forums community. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads, find helpful tips for playing the game , and find answers to game issues that arise in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to participating in the forums :)

    You’re welcome @PsychoCuddles :)
  • TitaniumToriTitaniumTori Posts: 6 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > TitaniumTori wrote: »
    >
    > Hi!
    > I started with Sims 2, but it wouldn't work on my current computer. I made 2 town on it one town I made all the men join the army. I received Sims 3 as a Christmas gift. I have 5 expansions. Generations, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural & the car one that has racing (I can't remember the name of it) I made a town that will be racing theme. One of the racers I made is a ghost in honour of a race car driver who passed away 20 years ago on Halloween. He lives with my sim. I have an idea for an all faerie town the sims for that town will be based on the faeries I created in a faerie story I'm currently writing.
    >
    > I now want to mention that I have multiple disabilities including hemiplegia cerebral palsy, visual cortex damage visual impairment, a fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus (which is currently causing tremendous headaches that prevent me from playing sims) The headaches are also caused by my small skull that fused when my hydrocephalus was treated.
    >
    > Playing sims helps me with the notion of doing things I can't do in real life because of my disability even though it's considered mild there are things that the average person can do that I can't do.
    >
    > If you would like to know more about my sims plans, feel free to ask.
    >
    > Tori
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TitaniumTori :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. It was very nice that you received Sims 3 as a Christmas present <3 It was a very special gift to receive that you will keep enjoying playing all through the year! The packs that you own are great packs! They add many enjoyable features to the game. It is very nice that you have designed a town with a racing theme. It is a nice touch that you have created a racer car driver ghost as a special tribute to a racing driver that has passed away <3 He would be a very special sim in your game. I hope that your plans for the fairy town turn out very well.
    > I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with the effects of your health issues. I am so sorry to hear about the very awful and painful headaches that you are experiencing :( I send more hugs to you <3
    > I am glad that playing the Sims helps you, that you can do things in the game that you are unable to do due to your health. Simming helps us to take a break from real life and all that our lives are holding.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you very much. Indeed the race car driver ghost sim is very special. I thought of a way I might have my other family I made meet. I hope that I can try it out this week. Hoping that my pain subsides, so I can do it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 144,137 Member
    edited January 13
    > @rosemow said:
    > TitaniumTori wrote: »
    >
    > Hi!
    > I started with Sims 2, but it wouldn't work on my current computer. I made 2 town on it one town I made all the men join the army. I received Sims 3 as a Christmas gift. I have 5 expansions. Generations, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural & the car one that has racing (I can't remember the name of it) I made a town that will be racing theme. One of the racers I made is a ghost in honour of a race car driver who passed away 20 years ago on Halloween. He lives with my sim. I have an idea for an all faerie town the sims for that town will be based on the faeries I created in a faerie story I'm currently writing.
    >
    > I now want to mention that I have multiple disabilities including hemiplegia cerebral palsy, visual cortex damage visual impairment, a fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus (which is currently causing tremendous headaches that prevent me from playing sims) The headaches are also caused by my small skull that fused when my hydrocephalus was treated.
    >
    > Playing sims helps me with the notion of doing things I can't do in real life because of my disability even though it's considered mild there are things that the average person can do that I can't do.
    >
    > If you would like to know more about my sims plans, feel free to ask.
    >
    > Tori
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TitaniumTori :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. It was very nice that you received Sims 3 as a Christmas present <3 It was a very special gift to receive that you will keep enjoying playing all through the year! The packs that you own are great packs! They add many enjoyable features to the game. It is very nice that you have designed a town with a racing theme. It is a nice touch that you have created a racer car driver ghost as a special tribute to a racing driver that has passed away <3 He would be a very special sim in your game. I hope that your plans for the fairy town turn out very well.
    > I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with the effects of your health issues. I am so sorry to hear about the very awful and painful headaches that you are experiencing :( I send more hugs to you <3
    > I am glad that playing the Sims helps you, that you can do things in the game that you are unable to do due to your health. Simming helps us to take a break from real life and all that our lives are holding.
    > Happy simming! :)

    Thank you very much. Indeed the race car driver ghost sim is very special. I thought of a way I might have my other family I made meet. I hope that I can try it out this week. Hoping that my pain subsides, so I can do it.

    You’re welcome :)
  • keanisims2keanisims2 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi!

    My name's Emily, I'm 24 and from the UK. I'm currently creating a Sims 2 drama machinima series called To Belong. It hasn't got much views on Youtube but I'm enjoying making it anyway :) I'm also creating it as a written story on Quotev too, as I love writing and consider it one of my top skills :)

    I also mostly enjoy gaming (aside from Sims 2 I also love playing on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch), music and film too. I'm also a digital marketing enthusiast hoping to eventually get a career in that field (as I'm studying it right now). Oh, and I LOVE cats. Way more than people, actually.

    Anyway, it's great to meet you all! <3
    giphy.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top