Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• ChewsCrayonsChewsCrayons Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ChewsCrayons wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I just started playing SIMS 4 and having a lot of fun.
    >
    > In the game, I now have a mom, dad (Don), 3 little girls and just had twin boys.
    >
    > I just moved to a larger home and really loving the experience.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ChewsCrayons :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have just started Sims 4 simming and are enjoying playing the game :) Simming is fun!
    > Congratulations to your sims on having the new little twins <3 It is great that you are playing a large sims household ! It would get very busy! It would be very special though seeing the family living their sims lives and interacting with each other <3 It is good that you have moved to a larger home for the family.
    > Happy simming! :)

I could not resist and got the Pet expansion. Made a single gal with a cat and dog but then flipped over to a single teen and her cute pup. I'm very new to this and thought I'd hate it .. because I normally play mmorpgs. Really did not think I'd like it. But the last mmorpg I paid a monthly fee and did ...exactly what I do now > build and grow plants.

I LOVE how the toons will go off and do their own things - when I'm tinkering with another. Really found something I love and I don't miss the other players at all. :) Got the cat & dog expansion and the little one for the cute stuff.

I'm still trying to understand more about building, but I'm tinkering with what all of you folks create.. which is amazing. I love it - find it very relaxing and it's perfect for me. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ChewsCrayons wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I just started playing SIMS 4 and having a lot of fun.
    >
    > In the game, I now have a mom, dad (Don), 3 little girls and just had twin boys.
    >
    > I just moved to a larger home and really loving the experience.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ChewsCrayons :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have just started Sims 4 simming and are enjoying playing the game :) Simming is fun!
    > Congratulations to your sims on having the new little twins <3 It is great that you are playing a large sims household ! It would get very busy! It would be very special though seeing the family living their sims lives and interacting with each other <3 It is good that you have moved to a larger home for the family.
    > Happy simming! :)

I could not resist and got the Pet expansion. Made a single gal with a cat and dog but then flipped over to a single teen and her cute pup. I'm very new to this and thought I'd hate it .. because I normally play mmorpgs. Really did not think I'd like it. But the last mmorpg I paid a monthly fee and did ...exactly what I do now > build and grow plants.

I LOVE how the toons will go off and do their own things - when I'm tinkering with another. Really found something I love and I don't miss the other players at all. :) Got the cat & dog expansion and the little one for the cute stuff.

I'm still trying to understand more about building, but I'm tinkering with what all of you folks create.. which is amazing. I love it - find it very relaxing and it's perfect for me. :)

It is great that you now own the Cats and Dogs pack! @ChewsCrayons :) The cats and dogs are very cute! It is very nice and fun seeing the interactions between the sims and their pets :)
    I am glad that you are enjoying simming :)
  • LordValinarLordValinar Posts: 8 New Member
    Hmm... That could be a little annoying. :\ I'm not usually an active forum type of person, so getting those points and posts could take me awhile. Is there anywhere in which I COULD start a thread? (Specifically for CC help) I need a list of acceptable parameters for a custom Trait. (Like when you click the trait, the Sim does a little animation. I want the "Loves Outdoors" animation but apparently changing "Active" to "Loves Outdoors" in S4S doesn't work.. so I'm thinking "Loves Outdoors" is not an acceptable parameter - all without quotes obviously, they're listed in between the > and < tags).
  • KateTheDuchess15KateTheDuchess15 Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="LordValinar;c-16905470"]Hmm... That could be a little annoying. :\ I'm not usually an active forum type of person, so getting those points and posts could take me awhile. Is there anywhere in which I COULD start a thread? (Specifically for CC help) I need a list of acceptable parameters for a custom Trait. (Like when you click the trait, the Sim does a little animation. I want the "Loves Outdoors" animation but apparently changing "Active" to "Loves Outdoors" in S4S doesn't work.. so I'm thinking "Loves Outdoors" is not an acceptable parameter - all without quotes obviously, they're listed in between the > and < tags).[/quote]

I'm not active in the forums either 😂 I've been trying but I'm just so busy with school and sims that it's really hard to stay active.
    Hmm... That could be a little annoying. :\ I'm not usually an active forum type of person, so getting those points and posts could take me awhile. Is there anywhere in which I COULD start a thread? (Specifically for CC help) I need a list of acceptable parameters for a custom Trait. (Like when you click the trait, the Sim does a little animation. I want the "Loves Outdoors" animation but apparently changing "Active" to "Loves Outdoors" in S4S doesn't work.. so I'm thinking "Loves Outdoors" is not an acceptable parameter - all without quotes obviously, they're listed in between the > and < tags).

You need to become a full member before you can start new threads in any of the forum sections @LordValinar .
    Posting in this current off topic section of the forums may help you with the points and posts required.
    You may also like to read the threads in the Mods and CC technical discussions section of the forums.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/technical-discussions

I'm not active in the forums either 😂 I've been trying but I'm just so busy with school and sims that it's really hard to stay active.

Hello @KateTheDuchess15 :) You have the required points but just need to have 5 more posts! You are nearly a full member! :)
  • LordValinarLordValinar Posts: 8 New Member
    > @KateTheDuchess15 said:
    > [quote="LordValinar;c-16905470"]Hmm... That could be a little annoying. :\ I'm not usually an active forum type of person, so getting those points and posts could take me awhile. Is there anywhere in which I COULD start a thread? (Specifically for CC help) I need a list of acceptable parameters for a custom Trait. (Like when you click the trait, the Sim does a little animation. I want the "Loves Outdoors" animation but apparently changing "Active" to "Loves Outdoors" in S4S doesn't work.. so I'm thinking "Loves Outdoors" is not an acceptable parameter - all without quotes obviously, they're listed in between the > and < tags).[/quote]
    >
    > I'm not active in the forums either 😂 I've been trying but I'm just so busy with school and sims that it's really hard to stay active.

Yeah I know how ya feel lol Well.. except school. I've been out of school (both HS and college) for awhile now :P But I think I'm becoming like I was in Skyrim... more focused on the modding than the playing! lol (also figured out how to solve my problem :P - removed the space "LovesOutdoors" got me my animation I needed).
  • Dark4ngel24Dark4ngel24 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello 😊

I go by Dark4ngel24, DarkAngel or 4ngel at the end and DarkenedPrincess. I go by which one isnt already in use or I tweak it a little bit so its available but close to what I usually have. Its annoying when you have to think of something different lol.

I have been playing The Sims since I was about 10 or 11. It was The Sims 1 I started off with. I am nearly 25 so I have been playing it a long time on and off due to losing my collections as a child. I have all base games for The Sims on PC plus a few others for PC. I also have some Sims games on other consoles but older consoles lol.

I am from Scotland and Im a female 😊.
    edited January 2019
    Hello 😊

I go by Dark4ngel24, DarkAngel or 4ngel at the end and DarkenedPrincess. I go by which one isnt already in use or I tweak it a little bit so its available but close to what I usually have. Its annoying when you have to think of something different lol.

I have been playing The Sims since I was about 10 or 11. It was The Sims 1 I started off with. I am nearly 25 so I have been playing it a long time on and off due to losing my collections as a child. I have all base games for The Sims on PC plus a few others for PC. I also have some Sims games on other consoles but older consoles lol.

I am from Scotland and Im a female 😊.

Hello @Dark4ngel24 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a child, and that you starting simming by playing the original Sims 1. You would have very special memories of times spent having fun playing the Sims as you were growing up <3
    It is great that you own all the base game versions for the Sims, as well as some console versions also. All the versions of the Sims are very enjoyable to play!
    I hope that you are able to keep warm in the current Wintertime weather in Scotland. It is a great time to enjoy simming indoors near a fireplace :)
    Happy simming ! :)
  • OtsenaOtsena Posts: 17 Member
    Hello,

Thank you for the invite, rosemow :)

This is such an old account, oh my goodness, lol. I think my nickname for this account was 'crispy' but I prefer going by V (yup, just like V from V for Vendetta).

I've been a simmer since I was about ten or eleven years old. I had a couple of friends who had the first game and I normally just watched them play. The very last thing that sealed my decision to ask my parents for my own copy was when I saw my friends' sims roast marshmallows over the fire that they had caused in the kitchen, lol.

Since then I've always been an avid Simmer. I gobbled up 2 and 3 and lastly 4. I've stuck around longer with 4 for gameplay. I enjoy its simplicity. 3 Is something I tend to go back to if I want to put more detail in my sim faces, sim journals, etc. 2 I used to only ever go back for filming quick scenes and shots to test my video editing program.

I do love how the Sims community is made up of a variety of individuals. We have fashion designers, interior designers, architects, modders, story tellers, directors, (voice) actors and so much more. It's a fantastic community and I fully welcome anyone new to it :)

I've peeked around these forums over the past few years of playing Sims 4 and I'm glad to see how active and helpful everyone is here.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone :)

All the best!

-V
    edited January 2019
    CrispTears wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for the invite, rosemow :)

This is such an old account, oh my goodness, lol. I think my nickname for this account was 'crispy' but I prefer going by V (yup, just like V from V for Vendetta).

I've been a simmer since I was about ten or eleven years old. I had a couple of friends who had the first game and I normally just watched them play. The very last thing that sealed my decision to ask my parents for my own copy was when I saw my friends' sims roast marshmallows over the fire that they had caused in the kitchen, lol.

Since then I've always been an avid Simmer. I gobbled up 2 and 3 and lastly 4. I've stuck around longer with 4 for gameplay. I enjoy its simplicity. 3 Is something I tend to go back to if I want to put more detail in my sim faces, sim journals, etc. 2 I used to only ever go back for filming quick scenes and shots to test my video editing program.

I do love how the Sims community is made up of a variety of individuals. We have fashion designers, interior designers, architects, modders, story tellers, directors, (voice) actors and so much more. It's a fantastic community and I fully welcome anyone new to it :)

I've peeked around these forums over the past few years of playing Sims 4 and I'm glad to see how active and helpful everyone is here.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone :)

All the best!

-V

Hello @CrispTears :) It is nice to meet you.
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either EA_Lanna or EA_Cian
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were a child, and that watching your friends that owned the game playing The Sims encouraged you to also want to buy and play the game. Kitchen fires in the Sims game aren’t so great! It would have made you laugh though when the Sims roasted marshmallows on the fire!
    It is great that you have played each version of the Sims. Simming is fun!
    It is very nice that there are so many different aspects and features of simming, and we can all enjoy playing The Sims in our own way, and expressing our creativity through sim creating, builds, furnishing, story telling writing, mods, paintings, videos and so much more also!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • elinsimselinsims Posts: 15 Member
    Hello everyone! I've had this account for years but never been active on The Sims forums - getting involved now because I have developed a real interest in simlit lately and am keen to get to be a part of that aspect of the community!

Thank you @rosemow for the invite to come and introduce myself on this forum - I look forward to getting to know everyone :)
    edited January 2019
    emb789 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've had this account for years but never been active on The Sims forums - getting involved now because I have developed a real interest in simlit lately and am keen to get to be a part of that aspect of the community!

Thank you @rosemow for the invite to come and introduce myself on this forum - I look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Hello @elinsims :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have started posting on the forums.Sims story writing is a very special and enjoyable part of simming! It is nice reading the stories that fellow simmers write about the Sims that are in their games. I hope that your simlit writing goes very well, and that you enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simlit writers.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    Hello :)

I first started playing Sims when I got the core and a few expansions for Christmas when I was a tween, I continued through Sims 2 and Sims 3. I recently started playing Sims 4, partly because my daughter enjoys 4 and I had no idea what was going on in her game most of the time. I'm still not to sure if I'm going to enjoy Sims 4 as much as I have enjoyed Sims 3, but I am giving it a honest shot. I bought some of the expansions and stuff packs, seems to have livened up my game a bit.
    Hello :)

I first started playing Sims when I got the core and a few expansions for Christmas when I was a tween, I continued through Sims 2 and Sims 3. I recently started playing Sims 4, partly because my daughter enjoys 4 and I had no idea what was going on in her game most of the time. I'm still not to sure if I'm going to enjoy Sims 4 as much as I have enjoyed Sims 3, but I am giving it a honest shot. I bought some of the expansions and stuff packs, seems to have livened up my game a bit.

Hello @TropicanaCat :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice and special that you started simming by receiving The Sims and packs as a Christmas gift when you were a tween <3 It started you as a simmer, and has resulted in you enjoying many fun simming hours ever since!
    It is nice that your daughter is a simmer also :) You would enjoy chatting about The Sims and the sims that are in your games. The expansion, games and stuff packs add many fun and enjoyable features, activities, and great build mode and cas items to the game.
  • ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    Hey to everyone, new member here but brought the Sims 4 more then a year ago out of curiosity. Plus my first PC game. I haven't really played it much in gameplay but been more involved in the CAS. I like character customization in games and this in my experience is one the best. I rarely get involved in gaming anymore and in forums but saw a post I liked and couldn't hold off anymore.
    Hey to everyone, new member here but brought the Sims 4 more then a year ago out of curiosity. Plus my first PC game. I haven't really played it much in gameplay but been more involved in the CAS. I like character customization in games and this in my experience is one the best. I rarely get involved in gaming anymore and in forums but saw a post I liked and couldn't hold off anymore.

Hello @ZelexPower2PC :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that The Sims 4 has been your first PC game than you bought. Spending time in CAS is a very enjoyable and fun part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy designing and creating sims that reflect how we want them to look, and can make simversions of family, friends, and real life people such as celebraties or people we see on tv or movies. It is enjoyable working out clothes for each of their outfit categories, that we think will suit them.
    It is great that you have joined the forums :) I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the threads and posting about the sims that you create.
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    How do you guys reply to someone I think I did it wrong and I want to make sure?
    How do you guys reply to someone I think I did it wrong and I want to make sure?

Hello @ZelexPower2PC :)
    Quoting doesn’t appearing correctly whilst you are still a new forums member. It will appear in a grey box when you are a full member.
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
  • TymeLaDowTymeLaDow Posts: 22 New Member
    Hello, I just joined here!
    TymeLaDow wrote: »
    Hello, I just joined here!

Hello @TymeLaDow :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find new helpful tips about playing The Sims , and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
  • purisu02purisu02 Posts: 21 Member
    Hello. I joined this forum last year under username 'purisu' but never post anything other than 2 comments on someone's posts. Today somehow the forum failed to recognised my password and I found there was no "click here" button to solve this issue. Is there any way I can reuse my previous username 'purisu'?

Also, I'm from Singapore and I have been simming almost 19 years ago (and keep counting!) yay! Reason I am here today because I have few question re with my upcoming blog for The Sims 4 :D
    purisu02 wrote: »
    Hello. I joined this forum last year under username 'purisu' but never post anything other than 2 comments on someone's posts. Today somehow the forum failed to recognised my password and I found there was no "click here" button to solve this issue. Is there any way I can reuse my previous username 'purisu'?

Also, I'm from Singapore and I have been simming almost 19 years ago (and keep counting!) yay! Reason I am here today because I have few question re with my upcoming blog for The Sims 4 :D

Hello @purisu02 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simmimg for almost 19 years! You would enjoy spending many enjoyable and fun simming hours over the time playing, creating and building in the game :)
    It is very special that you are planning to start a blog for Sims 4 :) I hope that you will enjoy posting posts on your blog.
    With your issue about not being able to log in using your other account, you could post about your issue on the activity wall of either EA_Lanna or EA_Cian and they may be able to help you.

• HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    Hey.

I'm coming back to The Sims after an absence of many years. I don't think I've played since 2014 (or before).

It's strange that I haven't played in so long because I used to be obsessed with The Sims 2 and wasted away many hours or years of my life playing it.

Hopefully I'll be doing the same in the future.
    Heronyx wrote: »
    Hey.

I'm coming back to The Sims after an absence of many years. I don't think I've played since 2014 (or before).

It's strange that I haven't played in so long because I used to be obsessed with The Sims 2 and wasted away many hours or years of my life playing it.

Hopefully I'll be doing the same in the future.

Hello @Heronyx :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are now back simming again :) It is nice that you previously enjoyed spending many hours playing Sims 2. I hope that you will continue to have lots of fun again playing the game. Time passes very quickly through the day when we are simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top