Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• manameishannahmanameishannah Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I'm Hannah. I love photograhy, my cats, and my BFF.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi I'm Hannah. I love photograhy, my cats, and my BFF.

Hello @manameishannah :) it is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have cats as pets, If you own the Pets ep, you would enjoy making a simversion of your real life pets to have in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    Hello

I am 26 years old, female and from South Africa. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminology and a qualification in Compliance Management. My time is spent split between online gaming (Elder Scrolls Online and Star Wars The Old Republic), PS4 gaming (currently Fallout 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn), the Sims 4, writing fanfiction and looking for a job. I've been a simmer since the days of the Sims 1 but lost interest with the Sims 3, mostly because of how buggy some of the expansions were however Sims 4 has gotten me back into the swing of things recently.

At the moment, things are a bit rough. Our husky was recently diagnosed with cancer. After 3 chemo treatments, she was responding well but now it's come back with a vengeance with only one treatment left to go. The vets have advised we spoil her and keep her comfortable. The Sims 4 has really helped keep my mind busy and all I can do is keep happy thoughts.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful evening :smile:
    Hello

I am 26 years old, female and from South Africa. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminology and a qualification in Compliance Management. My time is spent split between online gaming (Elder Scrolls Online and Star Wars The Old Republic), PS4 gaming (currently Fallout 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn), the Sims 4, writing fanfiction and looking for a job. I've been a simmer since the days of the Sims 1 but lost interest with the Sims 3, mostly because of how buggy some of the expansions were however Sims 4 has gotten me back into the swing of things recently.

At the moment, things are a bit rough. Our husky was recently diagnosed with cancer. After 3 chemo treatments, she was responding well but now it's come back with a vengeance with only one treatment left to go. The vets have advised we spoil her and keep her comfortable. The Sims 4 has really helped keep my mind busy and all I can do is keep happy thoughts.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful evening :smile:

Hello @captainsarcasm :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims one, and are now enjoying playing sims 4. It is great that you enjoy playing a variety of games. You would like deciding what to play based on how you are feeling that day.
    I hope that you will soon find a job.
    I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your husky :( I send hugs to you <3 It is a very hard time for you, and you would treasure these last times spent with her. Our pets are very special animal members of our household and it is awful seeing them unwell.
    It is good that simmimg is helping you through this very sad and hard time :'(
  • RedSalt286RedSalt286 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi im new here and have been a player of The Sims since 3rd grade. I have no experience in playing stuff/expansion packs at all since ive always played just the base games from ts1 to ts4. Come here to learn some tips and try to have an enthusiasm for The Sims again XX
    RedSalt286 wrote: »
    Hi im new here and have been a player of The Sims since 3rd grade. I have no experience in playing stuff/expansion packs at all since ive always played just the base games from ts1 to ts4. Come here to learn some tips and try to have an enthusiasm for The Sims again XX

Hello @RedSalt286 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were a young child, and have played each version of the sims. Simming is fun!
    The expansion, game and stuff packs add many enjoyable and fun activities and great build and cas items to the game. You may like to look at the threads in the packs section of the forums to read what simmers who have packs are posting about the features in them.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
    These are links to guides to the packs
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-expansion-pack-guides/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-game-pack-guides/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-stuff-pack-guides/

I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meet fellow simmers, and learn new helpful information about playing the game.
  • captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @captainsarcasm :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since Sims one, and are now enjoying playing sims 4. It is great that you enjoy playing a variety of games. You would like deciding what to play based on how you are feeling that day.
    > I hope that you will soon find a job.
    > I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your husky :( I send hugs to you <3 It is a very hard time for you, and you would treasure these last times spent with her. Our pets are very special animal members of our household and it is awful seeing them unwell.
    > It is good that simmimg is helping you through this very sad and hard time :'(

Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind words :smile:
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @captainsarcasm :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since Sims one, and are now enjoying playing sims 4. It is great that you enjoy playing a variety of games. You would like deciding what to play based on how you are feeling that day.
    > I hope that you will soon find a job.
    > I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your husky :( I send hugs to you <3 It is a very hard time for you, and you would treasure these last times spent with her. Our pets are very special animal members of our household and it is awful seeing them unwell.
    > It is good that simmimg is helping you through this very sad and hard time :'(

Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind words :smile:

You’re welcome :)
  • CassieRoseCassieRose Posts: 14 New Member
    I made a mistake and referenced my age in another thread. I didn’t read the rules thouroghly. I’m so sorry. I won’t do it again and have now read the forum rules. I’ve played the Sims for so long, but have never really gotten into the forums. I’m trying now. Sorry! But, happy to be here!
    CassieRose wrote: »
    I made a mistake and referenced my age in another thread. I didn’t read the rules thouroghly. I’m so sorry. I won’t do it again and have now read the forum rules. I’ve played the Sims for so long, but have never really gotten into the forums. I’m trying now. Sorry! But, happy to be here!

Hello @CassieRose :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The forum rules used to specifically say not to post your age on posts on the threads. There has been an updated version of the forum rules since then, and it doesn’t say it as specifically now. It says to keep personal details private and not post personal details.
    It is best to still not post your age in threads now, but please don’t be concerned that you have done it in the thread.
  • JackieAdamsJackieAdams Posts: 24 New Member
    Hello all <3 I've been playing for years. Friendly simmer here :)
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    Hey all, just call me LH.

Started playing Sims when a friend introduced me to Sims 3 in 2014. The same friend bought me a copy of Sims 4 on Christmas the year later which cemented my love for the game ever since. I recently discovered The Sims Mobile this March (which ultimately led me to discovering the forums) and I've been having fun with it so far. I'm looking forward to any updates/events in the future!

My username is LoversHovel because all my sims usually have a member of the 'Love' family that I made throughout the different game generations. I chose hovel because I thought it sounded cool, but I guess I missed the real definition. Let's just say that I'm changing that definition in Sims :/.

Thanks for reading >:)
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
    Hey all, just call me LH.

Started playing Sims when a friend introduced me to Sims 3 in 2014. The same friend bought me a copy of Sims 4 on Christmas the year later which cemented my love for the game ever since. I recently discovered The Sims Mobile this March (which ultimately led me to discovering the forums) and I've been having fun with it so far. I'm looking forward to any updates/events in the future!

My username is LoversHovel because all my sims usually have a member of the 'Love' family that I made throughout the different game generations. I chose hovel because I thought it sounded cool, but I guess I missed the real definition. Let's just say that I'm changing that definition in Sims :/.

Thanks for reading >:)

Hello @LoversHovel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice that your friend introduced you to Sims 3, and started you off as a simmer! It was very kind and thoughtful of your friend to give you Sims 4 as a Christmas present the following year ! It was a special gift that you will continue to enjoy using and playing all the year around! :) It will be exciting to see what events or activities happen next in Sims Mobile!
    It is very nice that you have a member of your Love household in all the sims games that you play.
  • JackieAdamsJackieAdams Posts: 24 New Member
    Ok cool.. so how do I remove my posts?
  • CerulleCerulle Posts: 27 Member
    Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all, I'm Forrest. :smiley:

I've been Simming for a long time – probably since 2010/2011 iirc – but never really got around to engaging with the community. I started my simming journey with a delxue Sims 2 + Night Life pack that had been on sale at the local bookstore and got instantly hooked. I was kid then so I it took me quite awhile to save for Sims 3 but I've never looked back. I think I've bought almost all the Sims 3 expansion packs and loved every single one of them.

I was mildly disapponted that Sims 4 wasn't open world when it first came out and stuck to Sims 3 for a while before caving and purchasing a copy of Sims 4 while it was on sale and while I still have some gripes with it, I enjoy it just as much as I did Sims 3. Sims 3 is still my favourite, but I've been playing a lot of Sims 4 lately because when I went back to Sims 3 just a while back, I'm somehow getting a lot of lag? I'm trying to fix it right now... But yeah! At leasts there's Sims 4 haha ~
    koNiqwj.jpg

Oh wait!!! I realised I wanted to add more but I can't edit my posts. ><

But er, yeah. The reason I decided to try to get more involved in the Sims community was because I came across the stories forum board? All those lovely SimLit and challenges and etc. My sims always had their own stories and what not but I've never thought of sharing them with others and seeing other people do it kind of makes me want to try it out. Also, those challenges posted all seem like great fun to try and spice up gameplay. I've recently started a Legacy playthrough a while back and am having a blast crafting out the drama of my Sims.

Also my username. I thought Listen2theMusic was a pretty cool username as a kid. Honestly, still do even now haha ~ Though atm I'm trying to get it changed to 'Cerulle' to fit my Origin ID/Username for convenience sake (my memory gets worse with age so I like to have consistnecy these days haha)
    koNiqwj.jpg

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all, I'm Forrest. :smiley:

I've been Simming for a long time – probably since 2010/2011 iirc – but never really got around to engaging with the community. I started my simming journey with a delxue Sims 2 + Night Life pack that had been on sale at the local bookstore and got instantly hooked. I was kid then so I it took me quite awhile to save for Sims 3 but I've never looked back. I think I've bought almost all the Sims 3 expansion packs and loved every single one of them.

I was mildly disapponted that Sims 4 wasn't open world when it first came out and stuck to Sims 3 for a while before caving and purchasing a copy of Sims 4 while it was on sale and while I still have some gripes with it, I enjoy it just as much as I did Sims 3. Sims 3 is still my favourite, but I've been playing a lot of Sims 4 lately because when I went back to Sims 3 just a while back, I'm somehow getting a lot of lag? I'm trying to fix it right now... But yeah! At leasts there's Sims 4 haha ~
    Oh wait!!! I realised I wanted to add more but I can't edit my posts. ><

But er, yeah. The reason I decided to try to get more involved in the Sims community was because I came across the stories forum board? All those lovely SimLit and challenges and etc. My sims always had their own stories and what not but I've never thought of sharing them with others and seeing other people do it kind of makes me want to try it out. Also, those challenges posted all seem like great fun to try and spice up gameplay. I've recently started a Legacy playthrough a while back and am having a blast crafting out the drama of my Sims.

Also my username. I thought Listen2theMusic was a pretty cool username as a kid. Honestly, still do even now haha ~ Though atm I'm trying to get it changed to 'Cerulle' to fit my Origin ID/Username for convenience sake (my memory gets worse with age so I like to have consistnecy these days haha)

Hello @Listen2theMusic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2, then that led you onto playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4. Each version of the Sims games has its own special features and all are very enjoyable to play! I hope that you can find a fix for the Sims 3 lagging.
    It is great that you are planning to post the stories of your sims on the forums threads! Simmers will enjoy reading about and seeing the pictures of the sims in your games. I hope that your current legacy family challenge continues to go very well!
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Listen2theMusic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2, then that led you onto playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4. Each version of the Sims games has its own special features and all are very enjoyable to play! I hope that you can find a fix for the Sims 3 lagging.
    > It is great that you are planning to post the stories of your sims on the forums threads! Simmers will enjoy reading about and seeing the pictures of the sims in your games. I hope that your current legacy family challenge continues to go very well!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)
    I look forward to engaging more with the community! ^^
    koNiqwj.jpg

> @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Listen2theMusic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2, then that led you onto playing Sims 3 and now Sims 4. Each version of the Sims games has its own special features and all are very enjoyable to play! I hope that you can find a fix for the Sims 3 lagging.
    > It is great that you are planning to post the stories of your sims on the forums threads! Simmers will enjoy reading about and seeing the pictures of the sims in your games. I hope that your current legacy family challenge continues to go very well!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)
    I look forward to engaging more with the community! ^^

You’re welcome :)
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Hello. My name is Natalie. I'm an Aquarius and I'm from the United Kingdom. I began My Sims Journey on a PS2 with The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims Urbs. I now play The Sims 4 on a PS4. I enjoy all aspects of The Sims games. Pleased to meet and chat with you all.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    _natalie wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Natalie. I'm an Aquarius and I'm from the United Kingdom. I began My Sims Journey on a PS2 with The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims Urbs. I now play The Sims 4 on a PS4. I enjoy all aspects of The Sims games. Pleased to meet and chat with you all.

Hello @_natalie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims Urb on PS 2, and are now playing the console version of Sims 4. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours on your consoles over the time, simming, building, creating and playing! Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads.
    Thank you, @rosemow

I did play The Sims, very briefly, on PC but the PC's life was incredibly short lived and I haven't gotten a replacement. Though I am happy to be an 'ambassador' for the PS4 version.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Thank you, @rosemow

I did play The Sims, very briefly, on PC but the PC's life was incredibly short lived and I haven't gotten a replacement. Though I am happy to be an 'ambassador' for the PS4 version.

You’re welcome @_natalie :) I hope that you will enjoy having the GTW expansion pack if you decide to buy the console version of the pack when it is released today/tomorrow.
    I do hope to be purchasing GTW upon release. Although, I have been a little confused with release dates. I though Cats and Dogs was coming out today/tomorrow but have heard nothing else about it beside what I have read on forums.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I do hope to be purchasing GTW upon release. Although, I have been a little confused with release dates. I though Cats and Dogs was coming out today/tomorrow but have heard nothing else about it beside what I have read on forums.

I read that GTW is to be released on March 20th
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/get-to-work-announce
    I haven’t heard if and when Cats and Dogs pack will be released for the console.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top