Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to work price. Really ?

I was surprised to see the price of the extension. 40 euros ?? Seriously ?

30 euros would have been an instant buy. 40 euros ?? Mmm, nope ! Really, EA, you need to rethink your pricing.

Comments

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    $40 was the price tag for expansion packs for a long time
    $20 was the price tag for stuff packs for a long time
    $20 is the price tag for game packs since early this year when it was introduced and was a rip off. Hope next ones will have $20 value.
    EA is a terrible company, Maxis fell apart after Will Wright left and became corrupted under the tyranny of EA. Prices are high, just be glad we don't have a Sims store plastered all over the game like TS3 where you pay $5 for a plain white t-shirt! XD
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I think the problem for me is that I like to play big households so I'm not sure if this EP is worth it. So far I've only seen that we are getting like 4 playable jobs. But what else? Is it going to be a mix of Ambitions/OFB? Are there going to be more non-playable jobs as well? Maybe other things we got in the past, like motorcycles (and cars since that wasn't in the base game!), laundry (and dishwashers since that wasn't in the base game!), bake sales for children (and obviously the little baker oven, since that wasn't in the base game)? Maybe something new, like a garage sale? I need to know what content this EP will have before I can say if $40 are worth it or not. If it's just for the playable jobs plus a few new skills, objects, etc. then no, I don't think it's worth it. But we'll see.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Considering the expansion packs in S1/S2/S3 could be bought as a physical pack...

HOW can they justify the same cost for a digital download???

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • FrostAliasFrostAlias Posts: 150 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Zolt65 The actual, full Expansion Packs (i.e. Get To Work), as far as I know, can be bought as physical packs. It's the smaller Game Packs (i.e. Outdoor Retreat) that are digital only, mostly because they do not want to use the money and resources to package something that is half the cost and content of a typical Expansion Pack. Outdoor Retreat is more of a DLC than an actual full expansion, thus the smaller price and digital download exclusiveness.
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Considering the expansion packs in S1/S2/S3 could be bought as a physical pack...

HOW can they justify the same cost for a digital download???

• jciciddjcicidd Posts: 32 New Member
    Yeeeahhhhh....I'm gonna wait a while and hope the price goes down, THEN I'll get the expansion pack. That's what I did with TS4 when it first came out, and I saw that the price was 60 bucks.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    FrostAlias wrote: »
    @Zolt65 The actual, full Expansion Packs (i.e. Get To Work), as far as I know, can be bought as physical packs. It's the smaller Game Packs (i.e. Outdoor Retreat) that are digital only, mostly because they do not want to use the money and resources to package something that is half the cost and content of a typical Expansion Pack. Outdoor Retreat is more of a DLC than an actual full expansion, thus the smaller price and digital download exclusiveness.

So will the digital download be cheaper than a physical copy?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member

30 euros would have been an instant buy. 40 euros ?? Mmm, nope ! Really, EA, you need to rethink your pricing.

Well, I guess, their strategy is:
    There are enough people out there who are willing to pay 40 € for an EP, so why not demand it?

For the rest of the people we just regularly offer Base Game and EPs in sales for 25-33% off, so they also buy it and, over all, (some of the buyers) buy it with the feeling that they made a bargain
  • TheN0vahTheN0vah Posts: 73 Member
    It's simple! If you can't afford it don't buy it, lol that didn't make any sense but i hope you get what i'm saying.
    3o1XJO2.png?1
    Check out my Sims 4: Lets Play on YouTube
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC6nMNPkp6b_dDqj5ebr1IDA
  • IkajoIkajo Posts: 335 Member
    Actually, in my currency this EP is cheaper than a new EP for TS3 was. This time they've actually changed the price in accordance to the exchange rate. They didn't do that for the GP. I mean I've paid 399 Swedish crowns for a TS3 EP, this one is 379 Swedish Crowns. So I think it's rather fair.
    Alcande, an original story in a fantasy setting. Read for free.
  • EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    $40 was the price tag for expansion packs for a long time
    Yeah, but I never paid full price.
    Proteus42 wrote: »

Well, I guess, their strategy is:
    There are enough people out there who are willing to pay 40 € for an EP, so why not demand it?

For the rest of the people we just regularly offer Base Game and EPs in sales for 25-33% off, so they also buy it and, over all, (some of the buyers) buy it with the feeling that they made a bargain
    That's why I feel it important to voice our concerns over pricing.
    Unless amazon or someone fix that EA will wait until a sale to get my money.