Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand the dislike of this game

1235...Next

Comments

• SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @Zolt65 I would mention that but he mentioned base game alone :\
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    ah..ok...not sure when those came in

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    @GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I like the Sims 4, but I don't think its better then TS2. I haven't played TS2 for 7 year and just recently I started again and its amazing. But I cant stand TS3 I had every expansion and I was so bored (so its not I'm judging something I haven't played) TS3 had nothing to offer me I don't care about open world, my Sims never left the house, I don't care about cast ( that was fun for a day, but then became extremely annoying) I care about game play. So TS4 and TS2 are good to me.
    CASt is gameplay.
    And maybe if you would have left the house you would have found more gameplay ;)

No its boring leaving the house just to go interact with rabbit holes. That's why TS2 is the best, because the loading screens are like 3 seconds on my computer.
    You really never left that house did you? There's a lot out there that isn't rabbithole you know.

Edit: oh, others told you already, sorry ;)
    Good one @Simchic1, about the rabbitholes. I agree.

In the base game is mostly rabbitholes.
    Really? The library? The gym? The beach? The swimming pool? The graveyard? The rest?
    Just saw your comment to me, thanks ;D And nice about the open lots lol

(This list is going to contain some of your stuff so sorry for the overlap)
    -Beach
    -Park
    -Art gallery
    -Gym
    -Library
    -Swimming pool
    -Graveyard
    -And, you could technically make a bar/club. Yes they weren't label as such but nothing stopped you from doing it
    -You could also make a hotel if you wanted. Just not spending any money.
    -You could also make wedding chapels. Again, all you need is imagination.

Rabbit Holes
    -Bookstore (big whoop to see your sims go inside a store only to go buy something and get a menu that would be exactly the same as a rabbit hole's?)
    -Grocery store (see above)
    -Movie theater (problem?)
    -Career (so sorry you can't see your sim behind a desk)
    -School (see above)

Hmm........
    Apart from the fact that in Sims 4 basegame:
    - Bookstore?
    - Movie theater?
    - Career?
    - School?
    - Grocery?
    - City Hall?
    - Hospital?
    5JZ57S6.png
    I like the Sims 4, but I don't think its better then TS2. I haven't played TS2 for 7 year and just recently I started again and its amazing. But I cant stand TS3 I had every expansion and I was so bored (so its not I'm judging something I haven't played) TS3 had nothing to offer me I don't care about open world, my Sims never left the house, I don't care about cast ( that was fun for a day, but then became extremely annoying) I care about game play. So TS4 and TS2 are good to me.
    CASt is gameplay.
    And maybe if you would have left the house you would have found more gameplay ;)

No its boring leaving the house just to go interact with rabbit holes. That's why TS2 is the best, because the loading screens are like 3 seconds on my computer.
    You really never left that house did you? There's a lot out there that isn't rabbithole you know.

Really? The library? The gym? The beach? The swimming pool? The graveyard? The rest?

-Beach
    -Park
    -Art gallery
    -Gym
    -Library
    -Swimming pool
    -Graveyard
    -And, you could technically make a bar/club. Yes they weren't label as such but nothing stopped you from doing it

Rabbit Holes
    -Bookstore (big whoop to see your sims go inside a store only to go buy something and get a menu that would be exactly the same as a rabbit hole's?)
    -School (see above)

Hmm........
    - Bookstore?
    - Movie theater?
    - Career?
    - School?
    - Grocery?
    - City Hall?
    - Hospital?
    Do they even have a school building or career building?
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Well, OP, if you've been paying attention to how the forums have been running since it's launch:

1. Most of the ppl that have a dislike for this game are really just the 10-15 ppl that confuse spamming, one shot flame posts, obvious trolls, biased Anti-EA posts and references to videogames in other genres, with constructive criticism.
    2. Of those ppl, quite a few of those are Sims 2/Sims 3 defenders that were afraid of change in any aspect.
    3. A few of the ppl I've seen have old posts that bad-mouthed The Sims 3 when if first came out in the same way they now bad-mouth The Sims 4 (and, will probably bad-mouth The Sims 5 in the same way, praising The Sims 4 and acting like it didn't have any flaws at all).
    4. A few of the things omitted in The Sims 4 that ppl are asking for were things that were either in EPs in the earlier games(that they were willing to throw $40+ at), were NEVER in the other Sims games, or were in earlier games, but (somehow) were suddenly remembered that they were missing in The Sims 4.
    5. Heaven forbid you make a post or a thread that either approved of The Sims 4 or Maxis/EA. The opposers will berate you, question whether you ever even played a Sims game, accuse you of violating their right to have an opinion (while, ironically, keeping you from freely having yours without harassment), then, either threaten to get your thread/post killed (or, actively, try to kill it, themselves), or threaten to ban you (to the point of actually making a post asking a Guru to come and close the thread/ban the thread owner and/or anyone that had the nerve to disagree with them).

Honestly, it's because things have gotten this bad that, up until recently, I've avoided this forum like the plague.
    The worst thing about all this is that, there are actually a lot of good points within those types of posts, but are lumped with fallacies and wall of text flame. It's hard to take ppl seriously when they do that. :(

As for myself, I see many flaws in The Sims 4 (heck, there were a LOT in The Sims 2/3), but I don't dislike it. There are a few features I'm disappointed in, though. I typed a few out in the this forum .
    I do like that the Maxis developers are actually taking some of our feedbacks to hearts and are trying to change the game for the better.
    Guess that's why I'm sticking out with this game for a while.
    i-love-me.gif

Oh, but 10-15 people? Umm, we're just pulling out numbers now?

They only had a little time to research those numbers in between all of those (7) posts in five years.

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

CASt is gameplay.

-Beach
    -Park
    -Art gallery
    -Gym
    -Library
    -Swimming pool
    -Graveyard

Rabbit Holes
    -School (see above)

Hmm........
    - Bookstore?
    - Movie theater?
    - Career?
    - School?
    - Grocery?
    - City Hall?
    - Hospital?

Nada. Emptiest town you will ever "not see" :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    CASt is gameplay.

Depending on which EP's and Store content you had, there was also resorts, amusement parks, various clubs and hangouts, etc., etc. Don't where I'd put all that in the little towns of Sims 4.
    True, but Gaiapuma was referring to the basegame.
    I have no idea why by the way, because the person I was answering mentioned owning every expansion.
    5JZ57S6.png
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Well, OP, if you've been paying attention to how the forums have been running since it's launch:

1. Most of the ppl that have a dislike for this game are really just the 10-15 ppl that confuse spamming, one shot flame posts, obvious trolls, biased Anti-EA posts and references to videogames in other genres, with constructive criticism.
    2. Of those ppl, quite a few of those are Sims 2/Sims 3 defenders that were afraid of change in any aspect.
    3. A few of the ppl I've seen have old posts that bad-mouthed The Sims 3 when if first came out in the same way they now bad-mouth The Sims 4 (and, will probably bad-mouth The Sims 5 in the same way, praising The Sims 4 and acting like it didn't have any flaws at all).
    4. A few of the things omitted in The Sims 4 that ppl are asking for were things that were either in EPs in the earlier games(that they were willing to throw $40+ at), were NEVER in the other Sims games, or were in earlier games, but (somehow) were suddenly remembered that they were missing in The Sims 4.
    5. Heaven forbid you make a post or a thread that either approved of The Sims 4 or Maxis/EA. The opposers will berate you, question whether you ever even played a Sims game, accuse you of violating their right to have an opinion (while, ironically, keeping you from freely having yours without harassment), then, either threaten to get your thread/post killed (or, actively, try to kill it, themselves), or threaten to ban you (to the point of actually making a post asking a Guru to come and close the thread/ban the thread owner and/or anyone that had the nerve to disagree with them).

Honestly, it's because things have gotten this bad that, up until recently, I've avoided this forum like the plague.
    The worst thing about all this is that, there are actually a lot of good points within those types of posts, but are lumped with fallacies and wall of text flame. It's hard to take ppl seriously when they do that. :(

As for myself, I see many flaws in The Sims 4 (heck, there were a LOT in The Sims 2/3), but I don't dislike it. There are a few features I'm disappointed in, though. I typed a few out in the this forum .
    I do like that the Maxis developers are actually taking some of our feedbacks to hearts and are trying to change the game for the better.
    Guess that's why I'm sticking out with this game for a while.
    i-love-me.gif

Oh, but 10-15 people? Umm, we're just pulling out numbers now?

They only had a little time to research those numbers in between all of those (7) posts in five years.

Ooh, gotcha ;)
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    CASt is gameplay.

-Beach
    -Park
    -Art gallery
    -Gym
    -Library
    -Swimming pool
    -Graveyard

Rabbit Holes
    -School (see above)

Hmm........
    - Bookstore?
    - Movie theater?
    - Career?
    - School?
    - Grocery?
    - City Hall?
    - Hospital?

This needs to be the slogan.

This needs to be the slogan.

The truth hurts :\ Badly :'(

Abraham Lincoln

• SorciechanSorciechan Posts: 29 New Member
    > @kimjo313 said:

I....actually, you have a bit of a point. I just edited a bit of my post. Pardon me.
    I actually silently read a lot of the posts and I really don't care to admit that, because it's the internet and, well, you know how comments and posts are on the internet (it's like a train wreck >< ).
    I see it as making more of a observation than a generalization. If you actually bothered to read the rest of my post, instead of snapping off of that one line, you'd see that I don't consider every person who are negative about the game doing nothing more than blatant trolling. In fact, there have been many good points made here (that, in fact, I agree with). But, then, you get the fallacies and the gif posts and the passive aggressive threads, the accusations of one's rights to opinions being barred...
    The next thing you know, someone's...well, attempting to shoo you out of the forums by invalidating your point of view by ridiculing the number of posts you have... >.>;

Oh, btw @Zolt65, thanks, but If I felt like I typed something in error, I can edit my own posts.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Sorciechan‌

It's true, there's a lot of frustration, and the community has been hit hard by a lot of ill intentions and personal one-liners and whatnot, terrible trolls have roamed freely for too long only to create new accounts and do the same thing over again. It has created some hard feelings and mistrust. But there are lots of threads that aren't like that, including the one linked in my signature... even when things go off in a bad direction, they get back on track and things get cleared up and everything is okay again, conversation goes on. It is, as you say, the internet... it takes a strong person to resist the temptation to hide behind anonymity and be snarky and condescending with the worst of them... and we all have bad days, and we all have things that irk us, and nobody likes to be called out or insulted. But at bottom, truly, the vast majority of people who post here love the Sims - all of them, some of them, even only one of them. and I'm here for those people, because whatever they think of ts4, I want to hear what they have to say. I feel everyone voicing opinions here deserves to be heard. That's what a forum is for, after all. :) And if you ever want to talk about your Sims experiences, the regulars on the family play thread will welcome you. The harsh reality of much of the online world makes its kinder corners that much more significant.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    CASt is gameplay.

-Beach
    -Park
    -Art gallery
    -Gym
    -Library
    -Swimming pool
    -Graveyard

Rabbit Holes
    -School (see above)

Hmm........
    - Bookstore?
    - Movie theater?
    - Career?
    - School?
    - Grocery?
    - City Hall?
    - Hospital?

I made arcades too, especially with gaming cafes room. I use the personal computers and also i use the game system they had with some tv's. Lol though i used the bar's as a setting. I also did make different types of parks.

1. Kiddie playground cause sims 3 had lots of kiddie stuff for me to use base game
    2. Plaza this was just a place that had tile flooring and some fountains and seating but not like bbq stuff. I used it as a place my sims could congregate outside and what not. Though i did have my chess competitions there. Oh and i equally stuck some artist easels around so that my artistic sims could get some nice paintings of people in the plaza.
    3. Regular Park that had the bbq area and picnic tables
    4. Was a Gazebo park which i did have fish ponds and also held my weddings in this kind of park.
    5. then i did a labyrinth garden which had flowers and bushes that had a lot of statues and some fountains in it. Again this was for my artists that would come to there but equally i would just take my sims out there to enjoy the outdoors or go for a jog around that area etc.

Sims 4 didn't put in the video game consoles for the tv they put in the ones for the holographic ones. Also don't like that every five seconds my sims playing from her cell phone or taking selfies with it. -.- especially at dinner, breakfast, lunch. In fact she was doing it right during her dates and while she's eating. That really annoyed me to no end. Cause i didn't tell her to do it it's an automitic animation and it's terrible i can't control it to where if i wanted her to do that interaction i would.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'll try to explain it to thread starter.

Some people, me incuded, dislike and refuse to read posts without paragraphs.
    There is ENTER key on the keyboard and it's not supposed to be just a decoration there.

Similar logic works with the games too. Some things in games should be interactive and a player should be given a choice to use them or not, but those thigs are treated/locked by developers as a decoration and you can't do anything with them. You can't go creative.

To some, it doesn't matter. To some others like me, it matters. That's why we skipped so-called gamepack and bought Dragon Age Inquisition instead.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sorry for the doublepost but I have to add something as it's... A part of the problem.

I mentioned we can't go creative. It's not really true, it's just we can't go creative as much as in previous Sims games. When we talk about the game.
    However there is a part of Sims 4 that grew bigger than previous Sims. So big that the only creativity people can do in Sims 4 is in it.
    It's - cheats.

Sims 4 became cheat-o-rama. It feels like there are more different cheats than other content in the game.
    And a game that is supposed to be childfriendly teaches those children that anything they want they can get by - cheating.
    Dunno about you, but I don't think that's something people shouldn't dislike.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    AFAIK; the capabilities to cheat are the same as in Sims 3
    (you had there, as well, the cheating console and could give your Sims nice things with testingcheatsenabled on (with the same commands as in Sims 4)).

The only possible difference could be, that it is communicated more openly in the Sims 4 forum than it was in the Sims 3 forum
  • SorciechanSorciechan Posts: 29 New Member
    > @blueasbutterfly said:

Hm. Thank you. You post makes a good point and was very respectful.
    I agree, for all the toxicity, there are quite a few gems within the forums.
    In fact, I might take a look at yours in a while.
  • DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    It's really only common as humans to have likes and dislikes whether they are justifiable, reasonable or not. I personally disliked the hate for The Sims 3, people hated it so much and blamed EA for the fact that they didn't check their computer specs, the main reason I never joined the forums then was because of the negativity, a mean reason I stay away from certain threads on The Sims 4 forums is because of negativity as well, if someone makes the thread feel negative to me, I just stop and fully ignore that thread :X If people like something they can get the urge to defend it, which is the joke some hypocritical people on these forums use, even though if someone says they don't like their favourite The Sims game they try and defend it. People have their own reasons to dislike The Sims 4 - whether it be content that wasn't continued, content returning, how the game looks or feels to them, etc. etc. But if you do dislike the dislike towards the game you can just ignore it, although there's a good chance someone will bring negativity into a positive thread, that's what happens with every forum, you can't stop negativity despite it only doing more harm then good unless you're someone who goes on forums trying to look at the negative aspects of a game. And also, just a note, there is a difference between being negative and giving constructive feedback.
  • hunt577 wrote: »
    I dabbled with The Sims 1...played it for awhile and then grew tired of it. The same was the case with The Sims 2. I played the Sims 3 longer than any of the others but also eventually grew tired of it. Now I am playing The Sims 4 and absolutely love it, it is by far the best one ever to be released. I really don't understand why it's getting so much hate. It might not have the 1 million features that Sims 3 had, but game play wise it's moons above it. I feel this game also finally delved very deep into the development of The Sims themselves, and really I think that's where the primary focus should have always been. These Sims are much smarter and have a lot more emotion than in any of the past games. The only feature that was lacking that is now in the game is genealogy. I started playing the game 3 days ago and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I don't need all the bells and whistles that the previous games had (although I am sure they will be coming with GP's and EP's eventually) for it to be extremely fun. The Sims 4 got it one hundred percent right in perfecting the foundation of the game. I am also loving the direction of EA releasing Game Packs instead of a bunch of ridiculous Stuff Packs (again, a bunch of bells and whistles I would probably never use). I just purchased Outdoor Retreat today as it actually looks like a lot of fun and am very excited for Get To Work coming in April.

I agree :) I really have been enjoying TS4 so far (I played TS2 and TS3). This is exactly what happened after TS3 came out... a lot of people were unhappy with the base game itself because TS2 offered so much more. Now that TS3 is over, look at how amazing it turned out after all of the EP's and DLC. TS3 was so great I think TS4 has such great potential. We just need some time and EP's and GP's to come out. I am confident that TS4 is just going to keep getting better and better!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

I agree :) I really have been enjoying TS4 so far (I played TS2 and TS3). This is exactly what happened after TS3 came out... a lot of people were unhappy with the base game itself because TS2 offered so much more. Now that TS3 is over, look at how amazing it turned out after all of the EP's and DLC. TS3 was so great I think TS4 has such great potential. We just need some time and EP's and GP's to come out. I am confident that TS4 is just going to keep getting better and better!

You might be right, but I suspect that how players react to the first expansion pack will tell the tale. So far, I'm not getting excited by what I see; whether I buy it or not will depend on whether or not I can use the objects to create my own venue. And I suspect that the new careers aren't going to be as open-ended as the ones in TS3 "Ambitions" were.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!