Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand the dislike of this game

I dabbled with The Sims 1...played it for awhile and then grew tired of it. The same was the case with The Sims 2. I played the Sims 3 longer than any of the others but also eventually grew tired of it. Now I am playing The Sims 4 and absolutely love it, it is by far the best one ever to be released. I really don't understand why it's getting so much hate. It might not have the 1 million features that Sims 3 had, but game play wise it's moons above it. I feel this game also finally delved very deep into the development of The Sims themselves, and really I think that's where the primary focus should have always been. These Sims are much smarter and have a lot more emotion than in any of the past games. The only feature that was lacking that is now in the game is genealogy. I started playing the game 3 days ago and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I don't need all the bells and whistles that the previous games had (although I am sure they will be coming with GP's and EP's eventually) for it to be extremely fun. The Sims 4 got it one hundred percent right in perfecting the foundation of the game. I am also loving the direction of EA releasing Game Packs instead of a bunch of ridiculous Stuff Packs (again, a bunch of bells and whistles I would probably never use). I just purchased Outdoor Retreat today as it actually looks like a lot of fun and am very excited for Get To Work coming in April.

Comments

• Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What works for one Simmer may not work for another. I'm glad you're enjoying the game :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Not everyone likes the same things.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Glad you are enjoying the game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    matthewb82matthewb82 Posts: 49 Member
    The one thing that I find hurts me in this game is that I have a hard time with replay value. This is due to the grind for everything - especially careers and ambitions. Once I have someone reach the top of a career I find that I never want to do it again because of the very rigid structure. Granted in Sims 2 and Sims 3 I rarely wanted to repeat careers right away, but that was due to lack of interest in the story, whereas here it is a dread of having to repeat the grind. The careers and ambitions were fun the first time, but definitely not the second, and for me that hurts.
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    I love Sims 1. I was eager for each and every update and looked forward to Thursdays. No matter what was offered on said Thursdays I was thrilled with it. I adore Sims 2. Bought everything but store items and still play today. I did not find much joy with Sims 3. I bought most of it and some of the store items and was left lukewarm to Sims 3. I do not like anything about Sims 4. It is just not for me.

I find that many, not all, that are so happy with the Sims 4 did not care for the past games. So if you think about it you answered your own question. Those who like the games before feel left out and are not happy. Once more I said many not all.
  • Options
    hunt577hunt577 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @DDOAndora said:
    > I love Sims 1. I was eager for each and every update and looked forward to Thursdays. No matter what was offered on said Thursdays I was thrilled with it. I adore Sims 2. Bought everything but store items and still play today. I did not find much joy with Sims 3. I bought most of it and some of the store items and was left lukewarm to Sims 3. I do not like anything about Sims 4. It is just not for me.
    >
    > I find that many, not all, that are so happy with the Sims 4 did not care for the past games. So if you think about it you answered your own question. Those who like the games before feel left out and are not happy. Once more I said many not all.

True, I suppose it is a difference in appeal to gamers. You are right, all of the previous games grew very tired to me after a few days of gameplay. I am more than a few days in on TS4 and I am still loving it. I may grow tired of it at some point as well, but don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Criticism and hate are not the same thing. If I take the time to give feedback about something, positive or negative, it means I took time out of my day and I care.

But I'm happy to hear you're enjoying yourself and the game. Happy simming. :-)
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I never grew tired of SIms 2 and I have been playing that for years, I grew very tired of SIms 4 and only played it for a couple of hours.
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    I was as excited as you after my first 3 days of playing too. After about a month, I ran out of things to do. My recent purchase of the game pack has re-sparked my interest: we'll see how long that lasts (about a week so far). I'm looking forward to the expansion pack too, as once I get bored that will be a new thing to get me back into it for awhile.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    > @hmae123 said:
    > Criticism and hate are not the same thing. If I take the time to give feedback about something, positive or negative, it means I took time out of my day and I care.
    >
    > But I'm happy to hear you're enjoying yourself and the game. Happy simming. :-)

Goodness, I didn't mean 'hate' literally. I wouldn't give a video game that much power! It's just an observation. I am new to these forums and assumed that a lot of people here loved it. I am now seeing that is not really the case, which is fine, everyone is entitled to there opinion.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I find the Sims in this current version not nearly as intelligent as the ones in Sims 2. Sure, they have emotions (but not complicated emotions as they can only have one at a time apparently) but in Sims 2 they had emotions as well and they reacted to those emotions without having to be directed. I was so hoping that when they said they were concentrating on the personalities in Sims 4 that I would be able to create a Sim that would react appropriately to everything going on around them without me having to push an action to make them do it. When I played with Sims 2, those Sims had personalities that truly shined. I wanted that in Sims 4. I was willing to accept a multitude of downsides in the gameplay if my Simmies would react on their own to their environment. Alas, that was not to be. For me, that has made Sims 4 an extreme disappointment.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Its not that people don't like it or that they even hate it, it is more of a case of what it lacks and what it will continue to lack in the long term while other issues such as bugs do not help. There are many discussions about this
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I know A LOT of TS2 players who still till this day won't touch TS3.

Some installments just aren't for others.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's great you like the game, but as much as you don't understand why people dislike it, I don't understand how you can call it 'by far the best one ever to be released' and 'moons above Sims 3'. And I know the box says they're smart, but so far they've been hiding that for me. And as far as the foundation goes: no CASt, loading screens everywhere, sims disappearing when they reach the end of the street, no visual connection between the neighborhoods, a failing multitasking system; maybe this explains it a little why some don't like the game?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Not everyone is into linear scripted play along with the beauty of zero detail, lazy animations, left out animations and life-states. Yes, i said life-states because the lazy interpretation of a baby isn't one, in fact Teens are exactly the same as adults except the woohoo animation is renamed to mess around. The elders are adults but die during woohoo. I could go on to tell you the other million reasons why this game isn't worthy of being a sims title but there are enough threads for you to look at.

I'm glad you enjoy it but I wouldn't touch that game with a PC from 1998 :)
  • Options
    > @DivineHysteria said:
    > I know A LOT of TS2 players who still till this day won't touch TS3.
    >
    > Some installments just aren't for others.
    True, I guess I am just in the minority of people who like TS4 more so than others. No biggie, it's a single player game so we enjoy the installment we like best.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Not everyone is into linear scripted play along with the beauty of zero detail, lazy animations, left out animations and life-states. Yes, i said life-states because the lazy interpretation of a baby isn't one, in fact Teens are exactly the same as adults except the woohoo animation is renamed to mess around. The elders are adults but die during woohoo. I could go on to tell you the other million reasons why this game isn't worthy of being a sims title but there are enough threads for you to look at.

I'm glad you enjoy it but I wouldn't touch that game with a PC from 1998 :)
    #word
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    OP its just different opinions. Just be glad you are one of the lucky ones who feel catered for in TS4 and enjoy. Other peoples opinions cant take that away from you so there is no need to worry ;)
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Glad you think your money wasn't a waste OP.

The number one thing for me is the fact that they cut off Toddlers from the game, so it pushed me away from the style I play. And the game might have a lot of 'emotions' but at least for me the important part of that is that it hasn't emotionally touched me like the previous games have. Just my opinion;)

Hope you keep having fun :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It's great you like the game, but as much as you don't understand why people dislike it, I don't understand how you can call it 'by far the best one ever to be released' and 'moons above Sims 3'. And I know the box says they're smart, but so far they've been hiding that for me. And as far as the foundation goes: no CASt, loading screens everywhere, sims disappearing when they reach the end of the street, no visual connection between the neighborhoods, a failing multitasking system; maybe this explains it a little why some don't like the game?

Well said
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I never grew tired of SIms 2 and I have been playing that for years, I grew very tired of SIms 4 and only played it for a couple of hours.
    Same here never got tired of Sims 2 actually I would still be playing it if I could get it working on my new comp or if my old comp did not need repaired.

And to the OP its nice that you are enjoying the game, but my main focus of Sims has always been family game play which Sims 4 just does not have and leaves me with nothing to do.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > Not everyone is into linear scripted play along with the beauty of zero detail, lazy animations, left out animations and life-states. Yes, i said life-states because the lazy interpretation of a baby isn't one, in fact Teens are exactly the same as adults except the woohoo animation is renamed to mess around. The elders are adults but die during woohoo. I could go on to tell you the other million reasons why this game isn't worthy of being a sims title but there are enough threads for you to look at.
    >
    > I'm glad you enjoy it but I wouldn't touch that game with a PC from 1998

So you don't like the game at all, that is clear. Isn't this a forum about the Sims 4? I am not saying you have to like the game to be here, but I do find it rather strange that so many disliking the game are actively on the Sims 4 forum. I mainly posted this because I figured most people who are browsing these forums actually enjoy the game and would be in at least some sort of agreement. Again, I am new to the forums so maybe they purged the other Sims forums and this is the only one. In that case, my point is moot and I could then understand the predominant disliking replies. I am seeing negative signs above everyone's heads towards me, lol - just a corny sims reference.
  • Options
    I'm still playing TS2 after 8 years and TS3 after 5 years and I still enjoy them both. Yet TS4's 2 days free trial bored me to tears I uninstalled it before the countdown finished.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2015
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Same here never got tired of Sims 2 actually I would still be playing it if I could get it working on my new comp or if my old comp did not need repaired.

And to the OP its nice that you are enjoying the game, but my main focus of Sims has always been family game play which Sims 4 just does not have and leaves me with nothing to do.

^ I feel this way too. Don't get me wrong there's some features that I do like about the sims 4, however it's almost impossible for me to say that I love TS4 (compared to the way i loved TS2, and TS3) as the the game heavily lacks family gameplay imo as well. So I guess I'm just hoping for a Family EP or something, for now I play TS4 every now and then. By the time Final Fantasy's new expansion comes out, I might not be around the forms anymore for awhile.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    THis game is just to boring to me, it can't keep my attention.