Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing Autonomy

I asked this on MTS but haven't gotten a response yet, so thought I'd ask here. I was working on a new autonomous action and I was wondering if there's a good simple way to make an autonomous action super attractive to a Sim so that it should happen very quickly for testing purposes. I wasn't sure if the tests in the autonomy was not written correctly, or if the whole action was messed up, or if the Sims just weren't in the mood to perform the action. I tried adding a bunch of hidden advertisements to it to try to make it more attractive, but had no luck with that.

I did finally get it tested and it did work, but I had to delete pretty much every object on my lot other than the object I was wanting the Sims to interact with autonomously and comment out a bunch of the super affordances on the object. Once I did that they did finally choose to perform the action. And it did eventually work in the game normally, just not very often which is good, but inconvenient for testing new autonomy.

Comments

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2015
    Another idea is to put sim in a room with only that thing available to him, (assuming it's not a social interaction which he needs a fellow sim for). The game always looks for *something* for a sim to do, and if there is only one thing they'll do it, unless they are in motive failure.