Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store assignment, CC and Curly hairstyles

I can't show any examples, but one of my main Sims is supposed to have armpit lenght, buzzy hair. By buzzy I mean frizzy, curly hair, but those natural, undefined curls you would see on a hippie era or hair band style. I have not seen hair like this anywhere. The few curly CC styles that exist seem to have too large or defined a curl pattern and lay too close to the head, and are way too short. Well, the ones on MTS, anyway -- I feel safe using their stuff.

Anyway, I was glad to find the Glam 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Hairstyle (very sixties) in the Mid-Century Dining and Style Set. It's not quite the same, and is only shoulder length, but the fluffiness and the length kind of fit his look. Unfortunately, this is one of those Store hairstyles that is not available for sleepwear, swimwear, or the shower. He defaults to that shorter, messy CAS style that i used to use, and he looks so shorn. Here is a previous thread on this issue:

Why are a good deal of the hairstyles not available for sleepwear/swimwear/shower?

Ack, I can't see the URL, something like forum.thesims3.com/forum/posts/list/713914.page. I am trying to post all this from my iPhone as my laptop has lost its wi-fi. (No Sims 4 Mac download for me until I get it fixed. And no avatar either.)

Has anyone seen some kind of fix for this yet -- that is, the limited categories of assignment with certain Store items?

Also, does anyone know where people are getting that shoulder length, curly female hair? I have seen it on @Jooliea and a few others on the old forum. I have all EPs and SPs and have not managed to find it in CAS, or among the Store hair on the website.

Thanks,
Annika

Comments

• AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    Glam Plum Hairstyle? Hey, it's a type of haircut, not a social interaction, and it's located in the Store! It's also a type of carpet.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    The Store team dropped the ball when it came to categorizing some hairstyles.

Anyways, this is the set I use the most for curly/textured hair. A lot of the styles there are unisex. There are also a decent amount of curly re-textures of various hairs floating around, if you need more.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    Thanks for the link, InfraGreen. I recognize some of the creators there. I shall have to have a closer look once my laptop is fixed.

Anybody know where @Jooliea and others are getting that simself curly hair?