Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving the Sims in the Sims 4

I generally stay away from these forums as there is usually a lot of negativity going around and I'd rather not ruin my mood by reading other people's complaints, especially when they are rudely worded and unnecessarily personal. However, I feel I need to post something here just to say that I have put in over 500 hours in TS4 now and it is definitely my favorite in the series so far. I have never been as attached to my Sims as I am in TS4, they actually all have their own little personalities and I find myself getting very caught up in their stories and lives. I have played all the Sims games from the beginning and prior to TS4 being released TS2 was always my favorite, but I think this new version has so much potential already and things will just keep getting better from here. The Get To Work EP looks amazing! I wanted to say thanks for this great game, it's a shame that negative feedback is usually the loudest so I just wanted to do my part and speak up for the positives!

Comments

• Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited February 2015
    1 LOL. Don't know where that came from. -_-
    Anyway, thanks for posting. :) The forum can be very negative at times, so I applaud the fact that you took the courage to post this. ;D
    Your post is appreciated. :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I really like my sims too. <3
    02-08-15_8-53nbspPM.png

I just don't want to play them until there are more EPs and features that I want in the game.
    So we wait... :)
    02-08-15_8-54nbspPM-2.png

"I'm bored! I want to play now!"
    Quiet, Melonie.
    01-18-15_11-18nbspAM-2.png

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I like my Sims too OP!
    JheOKRy.png
    esGx2Rg.png
    Unfortunately, I can't continue on playing this game with those sims and it's breaking my heart :'(
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I am not attached to my sims as I was in 3 ... but I am still trying to get into my 10th generation ... I'm halfway now, :D
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited February 2015
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I generally stay away from these forums as there is usually a lot of negativity going around and I'd rather not ruin my mood by reading other people's complaints, especially when they are rudely worded and unnecessarily personal. However, I feel I need to post something here just to say that I have put in over 500 hours in TS4 now and it is definitely my favorite in the series so far. I have never been as attached to my Sims as I am in TS4, they actually all have their own little personalities and I find myself getting very caught up in their stories and lives. I have played all the Sims games from the beginning and prior to TS4 being released TS2 was always my favorite, but I think this new version has so much potential already and things will just keep getting better from here. The Get To Work EP looks amazing! I wanted to say thanks for this great game, it's a shame that negative feedback is usually the loudest so I just wanted to do my part and speak up for the positives!

yeah...we have noticed a lot of negativity from some people too...and Sims2 sims we have:

"have never been as attached to my Sims as I am in TS2, they actually all have their own little personalities
    and I find myself getting very caught up in their stories and lives"

So the "positives" do enjoy the game. Shame you confuse negative and positive.

You may want to look at:

Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours.
    If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.

No matter what your personal opinion is of any individual,
    this forum is not the place to post rude or disparaging remarks about anyone.

:)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    It's great that you love Sims 4, don't let negativity get in your way!
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    KingofSims wrote: »
    It's great that you love Sims 4, don't let negativity get in your way!

There is negativity simply for the sake of negativity, then there is negativity for the sake of reality:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

for example

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    XatDeeXatDee Posts: 32 Member
    I'm a huge fan of sims 4, as I was of 1,2 and 3, I always think for me, its just down to having tons of expansions and content in your old game and then going to a base game that makes me take a while to warm to it. Having said that, especially since the introduction of pools it feels like a very fleshed out and enjoyable base, and outdoor retreat was a whole lot of bang for your buck in comparison to sims 3 packages imho :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jimil wrote: »
    I like my Sims too OP!
    JheOKRy.png
    esGx2Rg.png
    Unfortunately, I can't continue on playing this game with those sims and it's breaking my heart :'(

The one with short hair looks like he's going to beat someone up in jealousy :neutral_face:
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I agree with you, I love the sims in sims4. It's all the little things they do and expressions they have.

I've never been that good at creating sims, they would all end up looking the same, CAS has really helped me make them individuals so I think that's helped me a lot.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Zolt65 said:
    > kokoro80 wrote: »
    >
    > I generally stay away from these forums as there is usually a lot of negativity going around and I'd rather not ruin my mood by reading other people's complaints, especially when they are rudely worded and unnecessarily personal. However, I feel I need to post something here just to say that I have put in over 500 hours in TS4 now and it is definitely my favorite in the series so far. I have never been as attached to my Sims as I am in TS4, they actually all have their own little personalities and I find myself getting very caught up in their stories and lives. I have played all the Sims games from the beginning and prior to TS4 being released TS2 was always my favorite, but I think this new version has so much potential already and things will just keep getting better from here. The Get To Work EP looks amazing! I wanted to say thanks for this great game, it's a shame that negative feedback is usually the loudest so I just wanted to do my part and speak up for the positives!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah...we have noticed a lot of negativity from some people too...and Sims2 sims we have:
    >
    > "have never been as attached to my Sims as I am in TS2, they actually all have their own little personalities
    > and I find myself getting very caught up in their stories and lives"
    >
    > So the "positives" do enjoy the game. Shame you confuse negative and positive.
    >
    > You may want to look at:
    >
    > Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours.
    > If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.
    >
    > No matter what your personal opinion is of any individual,
    > this forum is not the place to post rude or disparaging remarks about anyone.

Not sure I understand your post Zolt, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Not sure how I have confused negatives with positives?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Also thanks to those posting pictures of their Sims, they are all super cute! And yes altad1 all individuals! I love how expressive they are. My Sims in TS3 always felt and looked very similar also :)
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    i agree OP this game has massive potential i think most of us just waiting for more content as it can get really boring these days once the get to work EP come i will def be playing alot more & may log many many hours to come.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    > @XatDee said:
    > I'm a huge fan of sims 4, as I was of 1,2 and 3, I always think for me, its just down to having tons of expansions and content in your old game and then going to a base game that makes me take a while to warm to it. Having said that, especially since the introduction of pools it feels like a very fleshed out and enjoyable base, and outdoor retreat was a whole lot of bang for your buck in comparison to sims 3 packages imho :)

I agree XatDee. I remember when TS3 came out and I was SOOO excited, burst my bubble a bit when I realized how hard it was going from TS2 fully fleshed out with EPs to base game TS3 (oh the lack of hairs!). Also the first EP World Adventures didn't really do it for me. It wasn't really until Generations came out that I started to really enjoy the game. I was expecting a similar experience transitioning to TS4 but I think it has been a lot better this time around. Once they add toddlers it will be a relief though, I cannot get used to my babies aging into children!
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    > @XatDee said:
    > I'm a huge fan of sims 4, as I was of 1,2 and 3, I always think for me, its just down to having tons of expansions and content in your old game and then going to a base game that makes me take a while to warm to it. Having said that, especially since the introduction of pools it feels like a very fleshed out and enjoyable base, and outdoor retreat was a whole lot of bang for your buck in comparison to sims 3 packages imho :)

I agree XartDee. I remember when TS3 came out and I was SOOO excited, burst my bubble a bit when I realized how hard it was going from TS2 fully fleshed out with EPs to base game TS3 (oh the lack of hairs!). Also the first EP World Adventures didn't really do it for me. It wasn't really until Generations came out that I started to really enjoy the game. I was expecting a similar experience transitioning to TS4 but I think it has been a lot better this time around. Once they add toddlers it will be a relief though, I cannot get used to my babies aging into children!
    ya kinda weird leaving out life stages taking things away instead of adding them...

• Options
    I don't have a problem waiting for toddlers as long as when we get them they are as awesomly expressive as the other life stages
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    altad1 wrote: »
    I agree with you, I love the sims in sims4. It's all the little things they do and expressions they have.

I've never been that good at creating sims, they would all end up looking the same, CAS has really helped me make them individuals so I think that's helped me a lot.

Me too! :astonished::D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don't like the sims in this game. They all look identical to me and I just really don't like the way they look and act. And above that I don't like the gameplay and the lack of features that matter to me.
    This makes me a negative on the matter but I can't change the way I feel about them. I don't quite get the frustration of people loving the game and the sims, don't you realise you are the lucky ones? You have this new game you love, for me it probably ends here.

Have fun with the game, I know how you feel. I've been feeling like you the last five years and it was great. There's a lot of negativity about my favourite Sims game as well but that never stopped me enjoying it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    I know how you feel OP, in my perspective The Sims 4 is the best Sims game, primarily due to the fact that I can create Sims I've always wanted too and with past instalments I've never been so eager to try and get everything, 10 generations, a complete garden, every collectible, maxing out all careers, etc. The game just makes those optional things allot more fun, same with building lol I loved building worlds in The Sims 3 and with The Sims 4's added features to building, I've been able to build the 'perfect' house. I know that some people don't like the overdramaticness of The Sims 4 but I love it, some people like the graphics from the older games, some even say The Sims 3 graphics look more realistic but I've personally been able to create people who look more realistic in a cartoony style, if that makes sense, I guess it's just perspectives :p I can't wait for more to be added to the game and I hope more people enjoy it over time!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @astridentanja I get that not everyone loves TS4, everyone is different and so there is just no pleasing everybody. That is not what frustrates me, what frustrates me is the bickering, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and name calling that goes on here regarding whether the game is good or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sadly those who have a bug bear don't seem to be able to move on and let those who are here because they enjoy the game and want to share it with others, do so. I don't understand why every thread gets highjacked into negativity and snarky comments. Aren't we all lucky that this great franchise exists with multiple versions to please multiple tastes and play styles? The negativity around this game does not stop me from enjoying it but it does stop me from enjoying this forum, hence my OP stating that I rarely come here.
  • Options
    > @DextroyerX2 said:
    > "... but I've personally been able to create people who look more realistic in a cartoony style, if that makes sense..."

It makes perfect sense! I agree. I quite like the cartoony, over-the-top style too. I used a lot of cc in TS3 and it was quite realistic looking. A lot of the cc coming out now for TS4 is a similar style and for me, I actually find I am preferring the cartoony look and have not put any cc in my game for this reason.

"...I guess it's just perspectives I can't wait for more to be added to the game and I hope more people enjoy it over time!..."

That's a very good way to put it and I hope so too :)
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    > @DextroyerX2 said:
    > "... but I've personally been able to create people who look more realistic in a cartoony style, if that makes sense..."

It makes perfect sense! I agree. I quite like the cartoony, over-the-top style too. I used a lot of cc in TS3 and it was quite realistic looking. A lot of the cc coming out now for TS4 is a similar style and for me, I actually find I am preferring the cartoony look and have not put any cc in my game for this reason.

"...I guess it's just perspectives I can't wait for more to be added to the game and I hope more people enjoy it over time!..."

That's a very good way to put it and I hope so too :)

I really want more hairstyles, I don't know why but hairstyles are a way of defining my Sims, the cartoony style probably draws me in more because I'm apart of their target audience. I've thought about the Custom Content, and I have allot of it for The Sims 3 and none for The Sims 4, either The Sims 3 wasn't too tasteful in terms of style for me lol or I just haven't found any custom content that I like for The Sims 4 yet. I hope more items are added :3

I think more people will enjoy it over time, compared to the beginning with lots of negativity for the game, I've noticed that most comments on social media have become more positive but hey, everyone has different tastes.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @astridentanja I get that not everyone loves TS4, everyone is different and so there is just no pleasing everybody. That is not what frustrates me, what frustrates me is the bickering, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and name calling that goes on here regarding whether the game is good or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sadly those who have a bug bear don't seem to be able to move on and let those who are here because they enjoy the game and want to share it with others, do so. I don't understand why every thread gets highjacked into negativity and snarky comments. Aren't we all lucky that this great franchise exists with multiple versions to please multiple tastes and play styles? The negativity around this game does not stop me from enjoying it but it does stop me from enjoying this forum, hence my OP stating that I rarely come here.
    I don't know about highjacking. It's a forum and when things about the game are discussed you'll get different opinions. And the problem for people like me is, the only moving on is to stay behind at the moment. That comes with frustration on our part. Wait... is this really what they want for this game, they actually like this...? Don't worry, that will die out once it's clear EA and a part of the fanbase definitely want this game to be like this. Consider this a transitional phase.

I reacted in this topic today because you start your OP focussed on the negativity and then compare the sims to sims in the previous games. That means you are extending the subject. It's not entirely about Sims 4, it's also about the predecessors. And people have opinions about that. If reading other opinions ruins your mood a forum certainly isn't the right place.

I don't intervene in topics that are just sharing positive thoughts about the game, because those topics are boring for me. It's the constant comparing and bashing of features in predecessors (mainly Sims 3) that triggers people to react. Because that happened to be the way a lot of us did like the game and if there will be nothing but slating open world, CASt and toddlers EA might think the whole fanbase agrees. As for me, I don't want them to think that. And I'm even thinking broader than just EA. It can't escape anyone's attention Sims 4 isn't received very well by a large part of the fanbase, which can mean a niche in the market for other company's. Who knows they are reading along, collecting ideas for a brand new game, leaving cartoon and loading screens to EA.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I also enjoy the Sims in this series. I wouldn't say Sims 4 is my favorite, and like another person said, going from a previous game with tons of items and EPs to a plain ol' base game is difficult. But I do find myself getting more attached to these Sims, especially the children. I love the children in Sims 4. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As I told the guru on the first few days of the Feedback questions from the gurus, I liked my characters I created in CAS, liked them in game, can't agree they are the best of the series, can't agree they are all seem to have individual personalities, would like to see the traits make sense when mixed with the whims, and would like several things tweaked in this game to 'my' satisfaction so I would continue to play and spend more money on it, but I do like my characters I created.

That is why I wait to see if they do something to tweak the game so I can continue to play it, (headaches) and if things work out to my satisfaction, since it's my wallet, and I find something new and exciting about it somewhere down the line. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.