Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It is quite a common issue with Mods since EA has been patching Sims 4 more regularly than Sims 3. Command + Tab should take you back to your desktop from which you can Force Quit Sims 4. Remove your Mod folder from the Sims 4 folder and try to start your game up again. One of your Mods is probably out of date (meaning when EA released the latest patch something in the Mod is conflicting with the game). If you cannot get back to your desktop that way try Control + Command + Tab to Force Quit.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • livstr16livstr16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if this has been stated but I am also having a problem. My cc downloaded perfectly fine, and when I was creating my sim the outfits would show up with no problem, but when I went into live mode, the pigment colors of the sim wouldn't be right. Like for example, I had cc hair that I made a blackish brown, but when I went into live mode, the hair had like a mix of brown and blonde in it. Also almost all of my outfits turn see through. What I mean by this is, I can basically see her body. There would be glimpses of the clothing, but it would go away immediately. It is kind of annoying, and I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do. If so, please let me know :)
  • meridianheartsmeridianhearts Posts: 22 Member
    I'm using a PC laptop. Why can't my mods folder hold more than 1000+ mods? My game is up to date. It's just when I try to run the game with more than 1000 mods (or the equivalence of 1000+ in merged files) an error alert pops up. And the game won't run at all.

But when I lessen the amount it will run.
  • nylaxgirlnylaxgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having trouble getting to my library to open the sims 4. I have no idea where the library is at all! O.O
  • MelMonsterxMelMonsterx Posts: 74 Member
    > @livstr16 said:
    > I don't know if this has been stated but I am also having a problem. My cc downloaded perfectly fine, and when I was creating my sim the outfits would show up with no problem, but when I went into live mode, the pigment colors of the sim wouldn't be right. Like for example, I had cc hair that I made a blackish brown, but when I went into live mode, the hair had like a mix of brown and blonde in it. Also almost all of my outfits turn see through. What I mean by this is, I can basically see her body. There would be glimpses of the clothing, but it would go away immediately. It is kind of annoying, and I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do. If so, please let me know :)

This is a pretty common issue with the hair. I have the same problem and I wonder when it's going to get fixed because I'm tired of using the same hairstyles over and over again. I need custom content hair lol.
    Origin ID: MelMonsterx
  • sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    How do you add mods?? I want to add the anti culling one but the directions are for pc
  • Amelia100aAmelia100a Posts: 8 New Member
    Sometimes depending on what computer you have, Custom Content can be a HUGE Issue since most (or all) of it is not supported by Maxis, and depending where you get cc from, especially Tumblr, the Sims 4 may lag :/ But I found a solution, yay!
  • jeroen2001jeroen2001 Posts: 4 New Member
    hello everyone!
    I want to buy the sims 4 but I don't know or my macbook is good for the game.
    I have a macbook pro retina.
    Macbook OS X Yosemite
    Intel core i5
    Iris Graphics 6100
  • Newtosimmer Newtosimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i am new at sims 4 and i am just wondering how to update it because i got some custom content and put it in mods and it still won't show up. :( :)
  • IceSkaPriIceSkaPri Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello everyone so I have a prob and I really need help with it! There are only about 6 sims in my high school in the get to school mod and I didn't mind it before but now it's kind of annoying. I've redownloaded the Get to School mod countless times thinking that would help but I am such a noob with technology I know nothing. I have other mods and CCs. I just really want more teens in my high school haaaalp!! : (
  • SimplySimmerSimplySimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Im So Mad Right Now I Cant Place A Lot From The Gallery Because It Says "Cant Place In This Game Mod" Ughh!! Please Help

Annoyed :s
  • brittneytate93brittneytate93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi

I'm having massive trouble playing the sims 4 on my mac with CC
    my game is fully up to date, It won't let me play past the load screen unless i have no CC in mods. Ive tried un-installing and reinstalling. non on my CC is corrupt and nothing is working. the game won't let me load into it at all.

And i have no idea what to try.

I was working a month ago but i could only have 1000 or less CC files but now it won't load or let me play at all.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this issue?

Thank you..
  • candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    @britneytate93 I was having the same issues, after repairing the game via origin, uninstalling and reinstalling several times, playing on a flat surface with elevation, taking my sims 4 game out of the folder and forcing it to start a new game and nothing worked. I would always get kicked out of the game during loading whether it was the first loading screen, the second, third, it didn't matter. Honestly, I think the cc content is not compatible with Mac. I've played sims since 2000 and have always had cc in my game. The most issues I would have would be freezing or kicking me out during play so I got into the habit of constantly saving my progress so I wouldn't lose my spot. Now I am playing with no cc content and everything is fine. I had a few problems at first but once I disabled origin during game play and closed out google chrome while playing it's been fine. And I play on high settings.
  • candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    @simplysimmer I was having the same issue too. You can only place the lot if you're in manage world mode or build mode. You cannot be in live mode.
  • IBeTacoIBeTaco Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to fix the shiny sims? I have downloaded cc and some works fine but other times the sims will go a white shiny colour, please help!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    IBeTaco wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to fix the shiny sims? I have downloaded cc and some works fine but other times the sims will go a white shiny colour, please help!

There is no fix. You need to contact the CC creator and tell them it's happening. It's a Mac specific bug and is listed in the bug thread - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13322755/#Comment_13322755
    apple-signature.png
  • lameingtonslameingtons Posts: 1 New Member
    I have my Mods folder installed in the EA > Sims 4 folder, and sometimes it works in the game, but most of the time I'll open the game and the CC will be gone from buildings and sims alike, and at the startup the list of installed CC doesn't appear. Please help?
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    So I have recently installed some old CC from a year ago. Now some of the CC from a year ago some of them are showing up and some are not. Is there any reason for this? And yes I've cleared my Cache files already.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    So I have recently installed some old CC from a year ago. Now some of the CC from a year ago some of them are showing up and some are not. Is there any reason for this? And yes I've cleared my Cache files already.

Have you checked that it is compatible with the latest patch from September?

apple-signature.png

Have you checked that it is compatible with the latest patch from September?

Okay So I'm embarrassed (goes to show how long its been since I've installed CC clothes) So apparently I downloaded the file and I thought I moved them over to my Mods folder when in reality I hadn't but it's working just fine now XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • naszillanaszilla Posts: 17 New Member
    I'm having issues where some CC will display shiny on my sims.
    naszilla wrote: »

That's a well reported Mac specific bug. It's up to the CC creator to fix it.
    apple-signature.png
  • MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Is there a mod cc conflict detector for iMacs yet?

The only thing that I've found to be a "fix" is if you turn off Laptop mode and to raise the lighting in your settings.
    MALAiA46 wrote: »

None that we know of.

1FKDfKj.png
  • MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited November 2015

The only thing that I've found to be a "fix" is if you turn off Laptop mode and to raise the lighting in your settings.
    MALAiA46 wrote: »

None that we know of.

Ok.
    Post edited by MALAiA46 on