March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac

Comments

• lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    @BluebellFlora
    Maybe you misunderstood. I can use CC hair and it's fine. I can't use CC makeup and clothes or it looks like the photo above. Not sure about other CC as I haven't tried anything else.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @lilmiszcee - ok, so basically if you use CC makeup and clothes it looks like your Sims are 'glowing'. When you move out your Sims 4 folder onto the desktop and let the game create a brand new, clean one this doesn't happen, correct? Have you contacted the maker of the CC you are using and asked them about it? As mentioned before, if you list your CC you may be able to help others who are also experiencing this.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora
    I actually didn't move the CC out yet. It's still in the game but as long as I don't put it on my sims that doesn't happen. I haven't contacted the creators no. Let me see if I can list them out though.
    lilmiszcee wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora
    I actually didn't move the CC out yet. It's still in the game but as long as I don't put it on my sims that doesn't happen. I haven't contacted the creators no. Let me see if I can list them out though.

That would be great if you could list them. If @Teddybearhoneybee and @yelly201 list theirs too maybe you could all find a common denominator. I think it would probably be worth contacting the CC maker too. After all, they made the 3rd party content you have installed into your game.
    apple-signature.png
    MYOBI-berrysorbet-lips.package
    MYOBI-colasorbet-lips.package
    ~Zodapop~ (S4) Cotton Denim Mini Shorts.package
    ~Zodapop~ (S4) Lace Crop Top.package
    Dress 22_I-2.package
    Harmonia_JeansCashmerePullover.package
    Madlen Aprilia Boots (MALE).package
    Madlen Aprilia Boots.package
    SimistaYFLongSleeveCrops.package
    SV Lace coctail short dress.package
    SV Shoes for lace coctail short dress.package
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    > @lilmiszcee said:
    > MYOBI-berrysorbet-lips.package
    > MYOBI-colasorbet-lips.package
    > ~Zodapop~ (S4) Cotton Denim Mini Shorts.package
    > ~Zodapop~ (S4) Lace Crop Top.package
    > Dress 22_I-2.package
    > Harmonia_JeansCashmerePullover.package
    > Madlen Aprilia Boots (MALE).package
    > Madlen Aprilia Boots.package
    > SimistaYFLongSleeveCrops.package
    > SV Lace coctail short dress.package
    > SV Shoes for lace coctail short dress.package

I don't have any of those. What are your current settings?
    @Teddybearhoneybee
    I've already changed my settings around a bunch of times and restarted the game but it didn't matter. Even with the most minimal settings.
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    > @lilmiszcee said:
    > Teddybearhoneybee
    > I've already changed my settings around a bunch of times and restarted the game but it didn't matter. Even with the most minimal settings.
    Have you tried just using CC makeup with non-CC clothes and vice versa. A good way, but time consuming way to find bad CC is by removing all the package files out of the folder, then adding one by one, starting up the game and trying it on.
  • miyukinmiyukin Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem with the terminal thing and I'm afraid to try it once more in case I mess something up. When I copy and paste what had been posted here, it will sometimes give me the option to enter the password with a single *. When I try to type the password, it shows nothing but it lets me hit enter. After that, nothing changes and the CC still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    miyukin wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with the terminal thing and I'm afraid to try it once more in case I mess something up. When I copy and paste what had been posted here, it will sometimes give me the option to enter the password with a single *. When I try to type the password, it shows nothing but it lets me hit enter. After that, nothing changes and the CC still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

It doesn't show the password when you type using a sudo command but it is registering your input. As for help with why it's not working, I'm afraid I'm no use as I don't use CC. Hopefully someone else will answer.
    apple-signature.png
  • jlbuttjlbutt Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the problem that when I place windows i can't actually see through them unless I'm zoomed in really close to them. Would love any advice anyone has to give. Thanks
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    edited March 2015
    Is there any update on when the issue with CC will be fixed? I'm going through cc-withdrawal. :(
    Post edited by yunagarnet on
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • StarduztStarduzt Posts: 83 Member
    Do we know when all this cc issue gets fixed? I haven't played in weeks....!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It could be fixed with the March patch or perhaps the April patch. EA is aware of the issue. It depends on how long it takes them to code the solution.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > It could be fixed with the March patch or perhaps the April patch. EA is aware of the issue. It depends on how long it takes them to code the solution.

Thanks Tremayne...This is so frustrating....guess I just have to wait...
    Does anybody know how can I distinguish what is a CC file from the script mods?
  • WitchspellWitchspell Posts: 3 New Member
    The patch for March has been released, and you can have 1000 CC items with the same smoothness of the PC version :)
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Top post updated, we have improved "ISSUE 3" in today's patch:
    An improvement for this issue was released 3/10/2015 in patch 1.4.114.1210. With this patch we now recommend not having more than 1000 package files in your Mod directory or else you risk game stability issues. We are investigating a further fix to eliminate this limit, no eta on that fix at this time.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Starduzt Script mods will be .zip files. Custom content are package files. Tuning mods are also package files. Please update to today's patch, 1.4.114.1210 to see if that fixes your issues.
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Top post updated, we have improved "ISSUE 3" in today's patch:

An improvement for this issue was released 3/10/2015 in patch 1.4.114.1210. With this patch we now recommend not having more than 1000 package files in your Mod directory or else you risk game stability issues. We are investigating a further fix to eliminate this limit, no eta on that fix at this time.

*jumps around in a circle* Yay! Thank you Gurus! <3
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > Starduzt Script mods will be .zip files. Custom content are package files. Tuning mods are also package files. Please update to today's patch, 1.4.114.1210 to see if that fixes your issues.
    Thank you! Just saw the message and Origin popped up with update - Updating now! So excited!!! :#
    Working smoothly again!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
  • Cherry199254Cherry199254 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello
    I downloaded some CC (hairstyles and clothes) but it doesn't show on the game...
    I've activated the CC on the library and on the settings.
    I've canceled the resource file and now there's a new one in the Mods' folder.
    Don't know what do do... help?
    The patch didn't fix my issue :/
  • GlitterSimmerGlitterSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded sims 4 to my mac... I want to start using custom content.. but i can't seem to get it to work.. is there something i need to download first?? please help!