March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac

Comments

• 311peaceout311peaceout Posts: 5 New Member
    also, would more cc make the game run slower? sorry for all the questions/comments haha
  • PyxiePyxie Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi Guys -

I played for hours and hours today (with CC from TSR) and everything was perfect. I closed the game out to go run errands, get back home and BOOM. Now I'm getting the dreaded 85262c58:29f00e76 error. I've repaired/verified my game files. I've restarted Origin. All those bells and whistles. Nothing.

Any ideas/thoughts/etc?

I can't see CC being the issue considering everything ran fine earlier. It's gotta be something else.

Update:

Okay after testing my cc (even though that's not the problem) sometimes my game loads, sometimes it CTD. 5 out of 10 loads, I get the game running, it tells my that my save files are Newer than the version of the game installed and it refuses to log on to the sims online bits. Now I'm getting the "Unable to start: Initialization error at start up. [135dec40:9582f4a7:00000064:00000000]"

I can't even Find that error message or anything relating to it on Google. Even with the first segment or the first and second segments.
    Post edited by Pyxie on
  • Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2015
    With this new update My game still quits unexpectedly when I add the Enable Debug Cheats.zip file to the mods folder. It's currently the only Mod in my mods folder. And it's the second Script Mod that I have tried adding. Both have the same results. I have script mods enabled in game. But I never get past the loading screen before it quits to desktop. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone gotten this mod to work in their game? .package mods work just fine.
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • Kendra326Kendra326 Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sorry in advance if this has been covered or asked before, but is there a program yet for The Sims 4 similar to the old ccleaner from TS3 where it could detect corrupt or conflicting cc files? I've been having some crash issues and I've been eliminating half and half of my cc to narrow down where the problem is. I found that both bathes work on their own, so I'm guessing something is conflicting and obviously I can't really figure out which.
  • jcklynjcklyn Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Alright, so I'm pretty new to this and my apologies if the solution was already explained. But... I'm having trouble getting my custom content to show up in the game. Im not sure if the issues described above are the solutions to my simple problem. Like i said, I'm new to this and i haven't experienced the game crashing as of yet because I haven't done much with it just yet.

Thanks!
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Is your CC in folders? If it is, you have to change your resource.cfg so that it can read folders.

Mine looks like this:
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
  • StairStephStairSteph Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The same thing that happened to dancingindior happened to me as well (the llama picture/save file refusing to load), and on top of that, all of my save files disappeared. The only temporary fix that worked for me was to remove my mods folder, go to Origin and click "Repair Game", and move my Mods folder back. It seems like I'll have to do this every time I play, but it's a less scary alternative than losing all my saves :( (I thought that my saves were gone for good). I also know for sure that it's the CC, because my game works fine when I remove the Mods folder.
  • PyxiePyxie Posts: 11 New Member
    @Figwit said:
    > Is your CC in folders? If it is, you have to change your resource.cfg so that it can read folders.
    >
    > Mine looks like this:
    > Priority 500
    > PackedFile *.package
    > PackedFile */*.package
    > PackedFile */*/*.package

I did that once.... it broke my game horribly.
    Pyxie wrote: »
    @Figwit said:

I did that once.... it broke my game horribly.

Hmm. I can't see how it would break your game horribly or otherwise.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Pyxie @Figwit Once you correct your CFG file on the Mac and your CC starts to get correctly recognized by the game, then you are at risk of hitting ISSUE 3, which can potentially break you game horribly. See top post for most up to date info on ISSUE 3.
    Thanks @SimGuruModSquad. I am keeping my cc and mods to a minimum and so far so good.
  • hawkwhyhawkwhy Posts: 3 New Member
    I played on Windows for a while before the Mac version came out and I switched back to my native operating system. I didn't copy my CC folder over from my old game, just redownloaded new CC. Everything's running pretty much smoothly (nothing I can't troubleshoot by myself), except for one thing - the gallery. If I save a sim that has CC to my personal gallery, it won't show up at all, much less if I try to upload it to the gallery. If I remove the CC from my game, I can save sims to the gallery. If I go to my profile in-game, it says I have "4 creations", but I can only see one. Basically it's just not working at all. Any tips?

(I feel like this makes no sense, I'll try to clarify if you're confused.)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    hawkwhy wrote: »
    I played on Windows for a while before the Mac version came out and I switched back to my native operating system. I didn't copy my CC folder over from my old game, just redownloaded new CC. Everything's running pretty much smoothly (nothing I can't troubleshoot by myself), except for one thing - the gallery. If I save a sim that has CC to my personal gallery, it won't show up at all, much less if I try to upload it to the gallery. If I remove the CC from my game, I can save sims to the gallery. If I go to my profile in-game, it says I have "4 creations", but I can only see one. Basically it's just not working at all. Any tips?

It's part of the ongoing CC/Mod bug:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13353360/#Comment_13353360
    apple-signature.png
  • hawkwhyhawkwhy Posts: 3 New Member
    @bluebellflora Okay, thanks a bunch. I'll wait (not so patiently) for a fix! :)
  • JerseyzFinest14JerseyzFinest14 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey I downloaded the game from origin. how do I get custom mods and content downloaded and uploaded to my game. Which site has the content, and hoping someone could give a step by step process in explaining how to do so please.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    At this point in time, use of CC and mods is not recommended for the Mac.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    It’s not “not recommended” .. however, reading the first post in this thread is recommended.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    hawkwhy wrote: »

@Hawkwhy. Perhaps you haven't ticked the Show Custom Content (or similar) under the advanced tab in the Gallery.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Remove your CC. That is conflicting with the Gallery.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • xAndy5xxAndy5x Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad huge thanks for dealing with all those issues, I had the first 2 before, but got patches so quick, I had the 3rd issue (as everyone I guess) and searched so much for a fix but couldn't find one. But I will try the workaround now, I hope it solves the problem. Thanks again so much for taking care ok all those things!! :grin: :sweat_smile:
  • PastelDanPastelDan Posts: 45 Member
    I was having the Initialization error, glad to see it's known of! :smile:
    OCFGsVj.jpg
  • samy864samy864 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please explain to me how to download Mods and CC into my game and install them, I'm very new and i need a clear explanation for MAC.
  • xAndy5xxAndy5x Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @samy864 wrote: >>
    Can someone please explain to me how to download Mods and CC into my game and install them, I'm very new and i need a clear explanation for MAC.

It's the exact same way as on PC. After you extract the package files, you just drag and drop them into the mods folder in the game's folder, which in sims 4 you get by default.
  • jcklynjcklyn Posts: 2 New Member
    > @xAndy5x said:
    > samy864 wrote: >>
    > Can someone please explain to me how to download Mods and CC into my game and install them, I'm very new and i need a clear explanation for MAC.
    >
    > It's the exact same way as on PC. After you extract the package files, you just drag and drop them into the mods folder in the game's folder, which in sims 4 you get by default.
    >

I've done exactly that. except the CC's don't show up what so ever. I don't get any msgs about being unstable or it restarting they simply just don't show up. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've added it into the right folder and everything.
  • devonnedevonne Posts: 5 New Member
    I typed the command in terminal yesterday and it worked fine but today I typed the command again and this time it looks like game's opening but then screen goes black and back to desktop and it just says that it quit unexpectedly..