March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac

Comments

• dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    I deleted all the new CC I added and it disappeared. After I posted that image I attempted to go to play my household and was on the loading screen for 10+ mins so I force quit, deleted the new CC and re-opened. Working fine now
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Sorry if anyone's already asked this but should CC/Mod users be deleting cache files after installing or uninstalling CC and Mods, like was necessary in TS3? Could that be why some games are still borked when the patch should have fixed the issue? @SimGuruModSquad, do you know?
    apple-signature.png
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    edited February 2015
    amuromax wrote: »
    ErikTheRod wrote: »
    > @skeletoncath20 said:
    > Does anyone know how/when we will know how to solve the fourth issue addressed?

If you are comfortable using the terminal you can use these commands:

cd ~/Documents/Electronic\ Arts/The\ Sims\ 4/Mods/
    cat Resource.cfg | sed 's.\\./.g' > Resource_fixed.cfg
    cp Resource.cfg Resource_old.cfg
    mv Resource_fixed.cfg Resource.cfg

These commands will replace all backslashes with forward slashes, move the old file to 'Resource_old.cfg' and the fixed one into place as 'Resource.cfg'

You can actually fix this problem without using Terminal. Just open the Resource.cfg with TextEdit and manually edit it as you would in Windows then save it.

What would you change in the Resources.cfg file once you open it text editor?

EDITED: Sorry, I think I was thinking this was a different problem. I thought you could correct the problem with more than 20 packages by editing the Resources.cfg file.
    Post edited by msarobix on
  • SabreTara229SabreTara229 Posts: 6 New Member
    Has anyone had success getting the Time Speed Changer mod from MTS to work for them on Mac? (modthesims.info/download.php?t=533026) I was excited to find it bc this type of mod was essential for me in TS2 and TS3 but I can't get this one to work for me so far. I just installed TS4 last night through Origin, so I didn't copy any files from a PC or anything.......
  • skeletoncath20skeletoncath20 Posts: 13 New Member
    If Issue 4 doesn't apply to me, should I still delete the Resource.cfg file from my Mods directory?
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Elairkirby wrote: »
    @simsgurumodsquad I'm still having the same issue with number 3. Went to terminal and my computer refuses to let me enter the code. Game is still crashing with custom content, though it got slightly better with the patch. I know you don't have an ETA on the fix, but I'm happy you're working on it. Half the fun for me is having all my CC. Thanks for being on it and let us know when you have an idea of what's going on! It's killing me right now!

Check under the Apple (top left) and click "About This Mac." See what OS X you are running. Open terminal and then just copy and paste the follow sudo commands. For me I have 10.10 so I used the first one. After that I put in my password and press enter the run the game. It works well. :)

On OSX 10.10

sudo launchctl limit maxfiles unlimited
    <You will be asked to enter system administrator's password to complete the command>

On OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
    launchctl limit maxfiles 10240 10240
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @dancingindior Suspect you are being impacted by ISSUE 3, please see top post. Note the llama means that a texture file could not be loaded. In general this could be caused by many things, but if it is being triggered by the addition of CC then ISSUE 3 could be the cause.

@BluevellFlora You do not need to delete any cache files after a patch.

@skeletoncath20 If you did not copy over your "Mods" folder from a Windows PC then you do not need to delete the cfg as described in ISSUE 4 bullet point.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    @SimGuruModSqad it appears my game didn't update. When I right-click on check for updates, on Origin, it says that my game is up to date, but the version according to the game files; GameVersion.txt is 1.4.102.1220.
    Okay. Any idea what the issue could be with my CC/game/or even computer could be? Or if there's a chance it would be fixed in the next patch?
    @southaltan‌ In Origin, right click on the Sims 4 tile and "check for update" to see if that triggers an update. To be sure what version you are running, launch the game and go to CAS, bring up the cheat console (ctrl+shift+c) and type "version". It should say 1.4.103.1210.
    @southaltan‌ In Origin, right click on the Sims 4 tile and "check for update" to see if that triggers an update. To be sure what version you are running, launch the game and go to CAS, bring up the cheat console (ctrl+shift+c) and type "version". It should say 1.4.103.1210.

That's a problem since I can't get the cheat console to open. :disappointed:
    @SimGuruModSquad - Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. When adding and removing CC/mods in TS3 it was always a good idea to delete the 5 cache files before starting the game. Is this still applicable to TS4?
    apple-signature.png
    I was able to use the reset Origin app to reset it, and my game is updating now. I wish I could figure out of the cheat console thing. Ctrl + shift + c doesn't work.
    I've gotten my CC hairs to show up in the game; but even though they do, they appear bright blue in the thumbnail for the Sim, and glitchy and blonde on the actual Sim themselves.
  • itsamariokartitsamariokart Posts: 2 New Member
    Working fine for me now :smile: Thank you for fixing this quickly!
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    So I'm believe the patch might have made my game worse? All cc I've downloaded after the patch causes the game to immediately crash but the old cc loads fine.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
    edited February 2015
    Hi guys

@BluevellFlora , you do not need to delete any cache files when adding or removing CC.

@southaltan For the cheat console, you need to press control+shift+c all at the same time and not on the main menu (note: use the control key NOT the command key), and it will look something like:
    XldIJAY.png

@skeletoncath20 Glad things are working better now although have not heard of that glitchyness issue before. Post a screenshot if you can thanks.

@yunagarnet The patch should not have made things worse. I suspect you are running into ISSUE 3 (see top post in this thread), the more CC you add the more likely you will hit this issue.
    Great, thanks for clarifying that @SimGuruModSquad. Unfortunately some people are just not able to bring up the cheat console at all, and they are pressing CTRL, not CMD. It must be some other software conflicting or a very specific keyboard configuration that's causing it. As yet we've found no common denominator and adding another keyboard in System Preferences doesn't seem to work. It's very frustrating for those affected.
    apple-signature.png
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I'll try to upload a screenshot sometime today! :)
  • miriamdelgado93miriamdelgado93 Posts: 4 New Member
    Why I can not install homes in The Sims 4?
    I copied and pasted the files of a download (bpi, trayitem, blueprint) in Tray folder Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Tray and not appear the houses in the gallery of the game. WHYYYY??? :(
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Why I can not install homes in The Sims 4?
    I copied and pasted the files of a download (bpi, trayitem, blueprint) in Tray folder Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Tray and not appear the houses in the gallery of the game. WHYYYY??? :(

Did the houses you downloaded have cc in them? If so, try going to your library and changing your settings in 'advanced' from 'Unowned content' to 'Modded Custom Content'. The houses should then appear. If they didn't have cc in them then I'm afraid I don't know why they aren't showing up.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • miriamdelgado93miriamdelgado93 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2015
    THANKS!!!! *.*
    Post edited by miriamdelgado93 on
  • TeddybearhoneybeeTeddybearhoneybee Posts: 13 New Member
    Question about #3: Does that mean only 30 CC items show up in my game unless I use the terminal method? I'm just curious, since I have about 25 CC items so far without any issue, and not sure if there is a max to how many show up in the game.
  • 311peaceout311peaceout Posts: 5 New Member
    i have 100 cc items in my game at the moment, but that seems to be the limit for me.
  • 311peaceout311peaceout Posts: 5 New Member
    and also, i'm having the same problem that @skeletoncath20 is having where some of my hair items appear bright blue in the thumbnail