Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Senior High Cycle 3: The UC - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited February 2015
    Username: Chan
    Model Name: Lavender Bennett (Sorry I'm recycling the same two models, I'm attached. D:)
    Creep Factor: Human voodoo doll.
    Headshot:
    awb7mc.png
    Bodyshot:
    rbkzgy.png
    Post edited by spackichan on
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    Username: Socal
    Model Name: Mary Enstein
    Creep Factor: Frankenstein's Monster
    Headshot:
    16463023959_c2d2491a44_z.jpgScreenshot-348 by socallucyfan, on Flickr
    Bodyshot:
    16026892384_c5f360b809_z.jpgScreenshot-343 by socallucyfan, on Flickr
  • Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    Lovely, lovely models.

Having similar creep factors is okay and changing yours before you submit the assignment is also okay, just let me know.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    I'm loving the powers by the way!!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Just an FYI, sometimes this forum limits the number of characters allowed in a post, so if I get to that point that it won't let me post stories, I'll create a separate page to link all stories to.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    Username: Cyazurai
    Model Name: Marwolaeth Ó Cnáimhín
    Creep Factor: She is half banshee, and as such she has the ability to know when someone is going to die (can act as a death omen).
    Headshot:
    marwolaeth_zpsus6lbhnv.png

Bodyshot:
    hftdft_zps5g01vs3w.png
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • Options
    Beautiful models guys!! :open_mouth:
    I lied, added my bodyshot.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited February 2015
    Assignment 1: Creepy Family History

16651887945_8e9470a2d6_o.jpg

You wish to know about my family? I hope you don't want too many details, as that would take a while. Every dragon that has lived, lives now, and will live is my sister; thousands of us, the largest family that has ever existed. Draconis is our father. He breathed life into us when we were true dragons thousands of years ago, and continues to do so now; even if The Reckoning changed us into something profoundly different. I do not know who my two mothers are, and I never will. We are raised as one large family, a society that is strong and proud, but also stagnant, structured, clinical... cold.

I am no longer part of that family. One of less than a dozen dragons since The Reckoning occurred three thousand years ago to have been banished from dragon society. You're probably wondering how that happened. Well, it occurred shortly after my last hatching day, during my coming of age ceremony. It's a ritual that every dragon is forced to partake in, it supposedly opens our mind to the knowledge our ancient sisters had, back when we were true dragons. We are told it is in preparation for the day when we will return to our true form. It's an archaic ritual that seems out of place in modern times. Honestly, I think the high council are kidding themselves – and all dragons. I doubt we will ever go back to the way we were.

Regardless, something went wrong, but I have no idea what. I remember little of the ritual, only that it was painful... and colourful. I gained no knowledge from my elder sisters, instead, I changed in other ways. My life before the ceremony seems... false, as if it were being lived by a stranger. I awoke to a world that was different. Colours seemed different, smells seemed different, sounds were different. I would smile and laugh. I would cry when I was sad. I would ask questions, seek answers to things that were deemed unimportant. I felt I had truly begun to live.

But to a dragon, change should be slow, it should be planned. They feared what I had become, and the worst thing a dragon can feel is fear. That's when the high council elected to banish me. I protested the decision, but to no avail. The council had spoken, and their word is law. I was now an outcast, forever branded with the shame in their eyes.

My new life is... interesting. I suspect it will take me a while to adjust to living with non-dragon kind, although I hope my change in behaviour will help ease the transition somewhat. What surprised me the most was the high council's generosity. I have been provided with an incredibly nice apartment in the city I have moved to, as well as funds enough to see me through the next few years. Why would they go to such lengths if they consider me a pariah? No doubt there is a reason behind it all, but it is unlikely they will ever divulge it to me.

As for me personally. I feel wonder and excitement, despite my exile. There are times I will hear the sweetest song in my head, like a gentle lullaby with no words. It is far from annoying, it is beautiful and soothing, always seeming to know the right time it should 'intrude'. The world is also open to me – not that I expect to welcome everything that comes my way with open arms. I feel like I am truly who I was meant to be. Perhaps I should be thankful that the ritual changed me. The person I once was may have been consigned to her fate, but looking back on it now, I'm glad that I was banished... I think.

That's not to say that it has been all sunshine and rainbows. I am still an exiled dragon, which makes me an anomaly in the eyes of the other races. I will always be under some kind of attention, no matter what I do. I truly hope no one tries to do something stupid because of that.

New moons are the worst. When the eye of Draconis, my father, does not gaze down upon me. My sleep is plagued by nightmares, and I struggle to rest. It makes me tired, irritable and aggressive – amongst other things. Worse still, the song changes. The voice becomes deep and dark, like a malignant presence has taken it over. Horrible, cruel and frightening. I do my best to ignore what happens, but it still affects me. For example, I am now afraid of the dark, and have to sleep with a light on. Crazy huh? A dragon, scared of the dark. If it were someone else, I'd probably laugh at the notion.

Well I have a long road ahead of me, and I have no idea what is in store. It is both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I'll do my best to make the most of my situation. Who knows, maybe something good will come of it.
    Headshot

16640913766_97e18f6dee_o.jpg

(I presume this is what you wanted for the headshot)

I still have to learn how to be concise it seems...

*Edit to fix a typo*
    Post edited by poida217 on
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Wow, all the sims look so awesome and unusual. The world needs more unusual sims in it :grin:
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    Poida, I'm totally in love with the way you write. <3
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    ninisims1ninisims1 Posts: 1,037 Member
    The models are gorgeous and Poida, amazing shot and story! You guys are really making me wish I had joined :o
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Amazing assignments guys! Like Nini said I wish I had joined too :p
    If I get an entry & assignment in by tonight, would you still accept it Beech? :#
    (I already have a headshot and bodyshot ready to go.)
    Post edited by SassyDana on
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    spackichan wrote: »
    Poida, I'm totally in love with the way you write. <3

Agreed! That was very enjoyable.

❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Rushed as can be, and lmao my writing skills are nowhere near the majesty of Poida's but here goes nothin'! (Hope first person is ok, too)

16656953451_2c3f7ed986_o.pngSenior High: Mock by spackichan, on Flickr

It wasn't always like this.
    Sure, she'd been a little odd the day she'd taken me home from the orphanage, but my carer there had scolded me "Don't be silly Lavender, of course she's safe." Which, I suppose she was. She never struck me with the needle too hard, perhaps a little deep when she was feeling particularly scorned - I noted the greenish-hue exploding beneath the mass of dark purple bruises littering my body whilst she worked. Figures, I'd be adopted by a seamstress. How I came about this weird pin-cushion power of mine was another matter, and if it weren't for her, I'd probably have never known. Good thing? Who's to say.

She tsk'd under her breath, running the soft fabric beneath her machine again. It'd been a gloomy autumn evening, and she was holed up in her workshop as she always was. Her husband had been drinking again, and I could see the way her hands shook that her patience was wearing thin. I'd been but a girl; and found myself idly mending the stitching on one of my dresses, when there was a loud string of words - smattered with curses and he'd hauled me up by my wrist, pushing my fringe off of my forehead and screaming incoherently about the third eye that lay embedded upon it.

She'd never given it a second thought, never questioned my deformity. She'd spun on her heel, needle in hand, a storm in her eyes as she tried to free me from his grasp. The salt from his sweating palm irritated my eye, and mutely noted tears falling to cascade down my nose to drip hotly onto my chin. There'd been a struggle, he'd swore at her, and the hum of alcohol assaulted my senses. She'd wished him dead, made to take his hand away from the weeping iris on my forehead, and a needle had wormed it's way into the skin of my cheek in her haste.

It all happened in slow motion then. He'd seized, his breathing coming in short raspy breaths for a time. His grip had loosened, swiped against the tears leaking from my eye, and dropped, lifeless to the floor.

She hadn't been the same after that night. She'd kept me at arms length. Kept me alive, and no more. I'd killed her husband, or maybe she had? Maybe all three of us were victims of a series of unfortunate events. Voodoo became a ritual in our household though she kept it well under-wraps, appearing the pleasant widow whose husband came to a sad end one autumn evening. Whilst not everyone she'd wished pain upon as she struck me with the cold bite of a needle died - a part of me did.

And so she worked, tirelessly, silently. I mimicked her quiet, watching the blood on my skin dry and crust around the pale-red topped pins.
    Post edited by spackichan on
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    Amazing Chan! <3
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Dana! Was a little unsure of this one haha! <3
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, I think it looks great. Her mother got a boot-tay, lol :p
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    Thanksyou, hoping Beech lets you enter. :3 Ohhhh yes, I couldn't resist
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    @Chan: I'm a little confused...this is what your post looks like to me: 11wbyv9.jpg
    Is that dude laying on the grass supposed to be your picture? And don't forget your class photo.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    poida217 wrote: »
    Wow, all the sims look so awesome and unusual. The world needs more unusual sims in it :grin:

I love your writing style. Your headshot will work if that's what you want to do for your 5th task. A school photo was what I was going for. So it's up to you if you want to keep this one or use a more creative one.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    ninisims1 wrote: »
    The models are gorgeous and Poida, amazing shot and story! You guys are really making me wish I had joined :o

You should still join Nini! Get anything in quickly! :p
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    SassyDana wrote: »
    Amazing assignments guys! Like Nini said I wish I had joined too :p
    If I get an entry & assignment in by tonight, would you still accept it Beech? :#
    (I already have a headshot and bodyshot ready to go.)

Of course you can. You (and anyone else) have until Friday night. It's only Thursday for me.

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Lol omg xD the guy laying on the grass XDD

Oh awesome! Ill have everything up soon!
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    Yep, Dana, of course :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2015
    My pic is done. Just need to write the story and take her school photo. :)

B/w everyone photos look amazing. I'll read the stories after I'm done mine. :#