Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content

Anyone having trouble with custom content? I imported my Sims 4 folder from the PC/Bootcamp side of my MAC and everything seems to be working with all my saves, except the custom content isn't showing up. I have all my custom content sorted into folders, and that worked on the PC side, but doesn't work on the MAC side. I did try moving the content out of the folders and just directly into the Mods folder and then it shows up, but honestly I like being able to sort my CC into folders.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• birdmanmamabirdmanmama Posts: 42 Member
    My game crashes when I try to use CC hair :|
    (origin ID fioral (capital i)
    y4G83bh.gif
    ;) troyler ;)
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey guys see this thread:
    • If Custom Content out of subdirectories is not working, it is possibly because you copied over the contents of the "Mods" folder from the PC. If you did, delete the file "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg" and the game will regenerate it in proper Mac format on next launch. One caveat: if you have *manually* edited this file then you will probably want to manually fix it (by changing backslashes in directory paths to forward slashes).
    • If you have identified specific CC that is crashing the Mac version of the game, links to the CC on Mod the Sims would be appreciated so we can see why that is happening.
  • birdmanmamabirdmanmama Posts: 42 Member
    Well um its not from PC, but it's some hair I got from TSR and Iv'e used it on my other computer that is a PC and it worked perfectly but if I put it on now it swipes into the open desktop then quits the game.
    (origin ID fioral (capital i)
    y4G83bh.gif
    ;) troyler ;)
  • whiskisserwhiskisser Posts: 5 New Member
    How do I use custom content in Mac? Sorry if an obvious question, but do I need an unzip program to use .package files? If so, can anyone recommend a good one for Mac? And also where do I save my .package files for hair, skins, etc. for them to work in the game?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    whiskisser wrote: »
    How do I use custom content in Mac? Sorry if an obvious question, but do I need an unzip program to use .package files? If so, can anyone recommend a good one for Mac? And also where do I save my .package files for hair, skins, etc. for them to work in the game?

I use The Unarchiver. It's free and works perfectly for me. I've used it for years.

You save those to the mods folder. On mac, go to finder>documents>electronic arts>sims4>mods and place the unzipped .packages there. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited February 2015
    Thank you!!
  • panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    Actually I tried using CC and everything was fine until I wanted to change my sims hair and it crashes every single time! There was one haircut that worked I think but everything else was just too much for the game I guess. :confounded:
    hey i'm still having trouble trying to get cc in my game. i downloaded the unarchiver, however when i try to open .package files with it, i get a message: "The contents of the file "[filename.package]" can not be extracted with this program". Does anyone have any tips or any other unzipping program they can recommend for a mac user?