Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any feedback on how The Sims 4 is running on Mac??

I'm downloading when I get home and am just curious to know how the game has been playing!

Happy Simming!

Jessisims114

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am totally in love with it so far! Only been playing for about two hours and still getting to grips with it. <3

I have these specs:

2009 Macbook Pro,
    4GB RAM,
    3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo,
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M 512MB

and it runs beautifully! No bugs so far. I do play it on the lowest settings though, but even with those settings the game looks great! :)
    giphy.gif
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2015
    [deleted]
    Post edited by stewielover1992 on
  • jessi114jessi114 Posts: 37 Member
    > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > I am totally in love with it so far! Only been playing for about two hours and still getting to grips with it. <3
    >
    > I have these specs:
    >
    > 2009 Macbook Pro,
    > 4GB RAM,
    > 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo,
    > NVIDIA GeForce 9600M 512MB
    >
    > and it runs beautifully! No bugs so far. I do play it on the lowest settings though, but even with those settings the game looks great! :)

yay! Glad to hear! I'm hoping my download/game play goes well. I have the graphics card that came with it in it right now...HD4000 I think?? Someone on here said I should be fine so I'm hoping for the best. Other than that I'm well within the requirements.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    On mine once i played with a few settings that fixed it and now it's working just fine
    @SkewedReality04‌ What were your issues before? What settings did you change?
    I changed all of my settings to high, and it ran fine for a bit and then freaked out and got really really choppy and slow. So I had to turn my smooth edges down to low, and everything else is on high, except reflections which is on medium, and so far so good
  • EliseFine93EliseFine93 Posts: 7 New Member
    My Sims windows in the house no longer work, nor do any in the neighbourhood, just grey and not seethrough glass, tried replacing them but nothing :(
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    All settings on Ultra and am loving it so much. Unfortunately, I have to go to practice so I have to part with it for a couple of hours. Lol!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    My Sims windows in the house no longer work, nor do any in the neighbourhood, just grey and not seethrough glass, tried replacing them but nothing :(

Could you post with your Mac specs. in this thread? It would really help contribute to possible bugs so EA are aware :) The first post details the specs. that we need.
    apple-signature.png
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I changed all of my settings to high, and it ran fine for a bit and then freaked out and got really really choppy and slow. So I had to turn my smooth edges down to low, and everything else is on high, except reflections which is on medium, and so far so good

Sounds like a good way to fry the graphics card lol. I wouldn't turn up the settings to high/ultra EVER unless you know your computer can handle it first.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • EliseFine93EliseFine93 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2015
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > EliseFine93 wrote: »
    >
    > My Sims windows in the house no longer work, nor do any in the neighbourhood, just grey and not seethrough glass, tried replacing them but nothing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Could you post with your Mac specs. in this thread? It would really help contribute to possible bugs so EA are aware The first post details the specs. that we need.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB + NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

UPDATE

Noticed that some windows primarily plainer framed ones are working, but still the majority of the windows seem to be glazed with wood instead of glass :(
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Runs just fine for me. No problems here.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Sounds like a good way to fry the graphics card lol. I wouldn't turn up the settings to high/ultra EVER unless you know your computer can handle it first.

It ran just fine on my boot camp side on high. The only thing I really care about being punched up is the smooth edges. I can play with jagged lines. The problem is solved now though so I am pretty happy

It ran just fine on my boot camp side on high. The only thing I really care about being punched up is the smooth edges. I can play with jagged lines. The problem is solved now though so I am pretty happy

Yeah, it seems people are having problems with that. I'm not positive the specs for windows are the same for mac. I was also able to play on ultra on bootcamp. I'm seeing that my graphics card isn't supported for the mac version. It's installing now so we'll see how it runs.. I agree with the smooth edges. Without it, my game feels like all settings are low lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Runs fine. Not really any problems for me.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Yeah, it seems people are having problems with that. I'm not positive the specs for windows are the same for mac. I was also able to play on ultra on bootcamp. I'm seeing that my graphics card isn't supported for the mac version. It's installing now so we'll see how it runs.. I agree with the smooth edges. Without it, my game feels like all settings are low lol.

When it first launches it will have smooth edges turned off and it looks so horrible lol
    So...downloading right now, speed is surprisingly fast for a large game. Hoping for the best!
    jessi114 wrote: »
    So...downloading right now, speed is surprisingly fast for a large game. Hoping for the best!

LOL mine has been downloading for an hour now. On 95% finally. Origin is always incredibly slow for me.
    WLfAA9V.png
    @brookesaywhatx‌ Mines been going for about 10 minutes, at 70%. So, so far so good!
  • jfoxy06jfoxy06 Posts: 31 Member
    > @EliseFine93 said:
    > My Sims windows in the house no longer work, nor do any in the neighbourhood, just grey and not seethrough glass, tried replacing them but nothing :(

I'm having the same issue. When I played TS4 on my bootcamped Mac, I didn't have that problem. No idea why this is happening. I'm also noticing that my sim who wears glasses has "shaded" lenses.
    jfoxy06 wrote: »
    > @EliseFine93 said:
    > My Sims windows in the house no longer work, nor do any in the neighbourhood, just grey and not seethrough glass, tried replacing them but nothing :(

I'm having the same issue. When I played TS4 on my bootcamped Mac, I didn't have that problem. No idea why this is happening. I'm also noticing that my sim who wears glasses has "shaded" lenses.

If you are on laptop mode turn it off and it will fix the glasses problem.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Didn't notice any window issues; I'll double check that when I go back in game.

If you want to use mods, note that script mods will crash the game on open even if you have script mods enabled; tuning mods seem to be fine. Also graphics specs seem to be a little tighter on the Mac side; I was able to run on High graphics on my Windows partition but only Medium on Mac. I tried to raise graphics to High but had major performance issues. I can overlook a few small things just for the beauty of not having to boot into Windows to play the game. I'll probably wait a bit to delete the Boot Camp partition just in case.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jfoxy06jfoxy06 Posts: 31 Member
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    > jfoxy06 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you are on laptop mode turn it off and it will fix the glasses problem.

This might be a silly question - is there a laptop mode in the Mac version? I looked where everyone says to and I don't see anything to uncheck.
  • TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    jfoxy06 wrote: »
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    > jfoxy06 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you are on laptop mode turn it off and it will fix the glasses problem.

This might be a silly question - is there a laptop mode in the Mac version? I looked where everyone says to and I don't see anything to uncheck.

Scroll down on the graphics tab. The interface is slightly bigger so some things are hidden.
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    kiD4K9h.png
    Here's a screen from my Macbook Pro early 2011.