Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    @BluebellFlora No problem, it's just really weird because even thus far I still haven't had any crashes with my graphics card and i'm setting some things to their max potential and i'm not even getting a bit of lag, in fact less lag than my bootcamp portion.

But just curious, anyone else with an HD 4000 able to get their game to work?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Xalerich wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora No problem, it's just really weird because even thus far I still haven't had any crashes with my graphics card and i'm setting some things to their max potential and i'm not even getting a bit of lag, in fact less lag than my bootcamp portion.

But just curious, anyone else with an HD 4000 able to get their game to work?

This is why it's really useful to know what other stuff people are running on their Macs, in case there's a task or app running that's contributing to the error. Which Mac do you have?
    apple-signature.png
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I have lag issues and low FPS compared to TS4 on Bootcamp. I can play on Windows with High settings and 60 FPS but in Mac with Medium setting I get 9 or 12 FPS. Terribly slow and lagged, so sad :(

iMac (21.5 inch, Late 2012)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForge GT640M 512 MB
    OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Official EA DLC: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack, Up All Night, Animal Hats

Background apps running: Origin, MegaSync and SteelSeries Engine

Anti-virus: None

Few Mods up to date (No script mods) and few CC, only some lamps.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    @Fonxi121994 - what settings do you have your game set to? Can you post a screenshot of your graphics options in game?
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora‌ sure!

This is the latest configuration I tried but, again, awful experience, even setting a lower resolution :(
    It's in spanish lol. Translation key:
    Pantalla completa=Fullscreen
    Baja/Bajo=low
    Media/Medio=Medium
    Alto/Alta=High

B-HmmStCMAARTkM.png:large
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    @Fonxi121994 - thanks! Can you try it in Windowed mode?

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora‌ well this seems to help a bit, but it's still laggy, specially in Willow Creek! If try to put one setting a bit Higher... LAG! :(
    Ok. According to the GraphicsCard.sgr you should be able to play on high with medium resolution. Drop the Resolution down to the next option and see what happens.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora‌ Just tried but, sadly, this is even worse! Game is even more laggy, when I zoom out FPS goes down :(
    16569095711_e47e315d0c_o.png
  • XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    >@BluebellFlora said:
    >This is why it's really useful to know what other stuff people are running on their Macs, in case there's a task or app running that's contributing to the error. Which Mac do you have?

I'm running:
    Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz)
    Memory (4Gb RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 1024MB-approx 1GB)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

I should also note that I have no externals running in the background and I also don't have any third party apps that could be interfering. I'm also not running any mods and I do not have outdoor retreat.
    edited February 2015
    @Fonxi121994 Oh no :( You don't have anything else running do you? I think some graphics cards are really struggling in OS X. I'll start a thread so we can see if people with the same cards are experiencing the same issues.
    apple-signature.png
    Yep, nothing running in background, just Origin. I think Apple's drivers for this graphic card sucks.
    Yep, nothing running in background, just Origin. I think Apple's drivers for this graphic card sucks.

Are you running Yosemite?

apple-signature.png
    Xalerich wrote: »
    >@BluebellFlora said:
    >This is why it's really useful to know what other stuff people are running on their Macs, in case there's a task or app running that's contributing to the error. Which Mac do you have?

I'm running:
    Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz)
    Memory (4Gb RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 1024MB-approx 1GB)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

I should also note that I have no externals running in the background and I also don't have any third party apps that could be interfering. I'm also not running any mods and I do not have outdoor retreat.

Fabulous. @crinrict has mentioned that some are reporting that the issue with the Intel HD 4000 disappears if they upgrade to Yosemite. That may be why yours is working fine :)
    apple-signature.png
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited February 2015
    I have lag issues and low FPS compared to TS4 on Bootcamp. I can play on Windows with High settings and 60 FPS but in Mac with Medium setting I get 9 or 12 FPS. Terribly slow and lagged, so sad :(

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Official EA DLC: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack, Up All Night, Animal Hats

This same thing is happening to me. My game will play well for about an hour, and then out of nowhere lag just starts happening. I normally don't have any background apps running besides Orgin. I have a late 2011 iMac with 16gb of ram and my card is a Ati Radeon 6770M, i7 2.4 Intel processor. I played on my Windows side for hours last night and it runs perfect. I don't mind using boot camp, but if I don't have to I would prefer it.

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

This same thing is happening to me. My game will play well for about an hour, and then. Out of nowhere lag just starts happening. I normally don't have any background apps running besides Orgin. I have a late 2011 iMac with 16gb of ram and my card is a Ati Radeon 6770M, i7 2.4 Intel processor. I played on my Windows side for hours last night and it runs perfect. I don't mind using boot camp, but if I don't have to I would prefer it.

Can you try purging the RAM? Did you ever do this for TS3? It may be a memory leak that's causing this. Make sure you pause your game first then purge. Please report back if it's made a difference.

http://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/
    apple-signature.png
    I've started a graphics performance thread. If as many people as possible could post on it that would be fab :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816319/graphics-performance-in-os-x
    apple-signature.png

Yeah, latest version 10.10.2
    @Xalerich - please could you do this for me:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13325809/#Comment_13325809

It would really help because yours is working :)
    apple-signature.png

Yeah, latest version 10.10.2

Oh :( I don't know what else to suggest. Keep it in Windowed mode and try different configurations. Hopefully the next driver update may help or EA might update the game with more support.

apple-signature.png
    I will continue using Boot Camp, hope this problem get a fix soon! Thank you so much for your help @BluebellFlora‌ <3
    I will continue using Boot Camp, hope this problem get a fix soon! Thank you so much for your help @BluebellFlora‌ <3

I didn't help though. Hopefully it will be fixed at some point :)

apple-signature.png
  • simtime2382simtime2382 Posts: 1 New Member
    Game is working just fine on my MacBook, but I do have a few game-related questions.

1) How do I rotate items in buy and build mode?

2) I can't get my cheat code menu to come up. I've tried cmd+shift+c many times and nothing. Please help! Thanks
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2015
    Which settings would you recommend for me? I've included my specs down below. I tried both ultra and high yesterday, and the game was lagging and crashing every now and then, without any error message. I've also had problems with the music, multiple tracks are playing at the same time.

I've been playing on "medium" settings today and it seemed to work better until I turned "online" back on, and the game crashed. It seems a bit odd that I shouldn't be able to play on "medium" at least... :/ What do you think?

iMac (21.5, mid 2011)
    2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Mac OS X Yosemite, 10.10.2

I have Sophis anti-virus. But I've closed all other programs and even turned off my external hard drives, time machine ect. No CC at all. Only the base game.

Edit: After the last crash, I restarted the game and tried playing on "high" and it was working OK until I zoomed out to view the neighbourhood. Then it started to lag. I went in to settings to change something and the game crashed... again. :(
    Post edited by DennisAlexis84 on

1) How do I rotate items in buy and build mode?

2) I can't get my cheat code menu to come up. I've tried cmd+shift+c many times and nothing. Please help! Thanks

1) The < and > keys. Arrows appear on some things like roof sections.

2) CTRL, Shift and C not CMD

apple-signature.png