Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Update 20.02.15 - updated the first and second posts to reflect troubleshooting and bugs separately.

- If you're having issues please post your info as detailed in the first post. Please also read some of the linked help threads to see if they apply to you.
    - The second post will have information about possible bugs and EA acknowledged bugs.
    apple-signature.png
  • conday884conday884 Posts: 19 New Member
    I figured it wouldn't hurt to post this here. So, I have 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, and the game runs great on all low settings; however, the windows are all brown and solid, not clear. I'm running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 as well, so I'm not sure really what to do... anyone have a solution? Thanks!
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hello! I've discovered a bug (or maybe, re-reporting it). The plant box causes my game to crash when saving. This seems to only happen when placed in my active sim lot. I tested it on an empty lot and it saved fine. I've tried placing it multiply times and each time it causes crashes. Thank you.

Update: Turns out placing any new item on my lot causes my game to crash when saving. What makes this more annoying is that my game is becoming unplayable and it's happened past my 24 hours for a refund. Fantastic.

Update Update: Turns out it's not the lot, but my Sims that are now causing the crash. I moved them to a new lot and when I placed an item and tried to save, it crashed. Double fantastic.
    conday884 wrote: »
    I figured it wouldn't hurt to post this here. So, I have 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, and the game runs great on all low settings; however, the windows are all brown and solid, not clear. I'm running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 as well, so I'm not sure really what to do... anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Thanks, I'm aware of this and will be posting it in the Possible Bugs section when I've collated info from multiple users :)
    apple-signature.png
    Keffers wrote: »
    Hello! I've discovered a bug (or maybe, re-reporting it). The plant box causes my game to crash when saving. This seems to only happen when placed in my active sim lot. I tested it on an empty lot and it saved fine. I've tried placing it multiply times and each time it causes crashes. Thank you.

The plant box for a single plant or the one for 4 plants? May not be a bug as so far I can't find it affecting anyone else from doing a few quick searches.
    apple-signature.png
    edited February 2015

The plant box for a single plant or the one for 4 plants? May not be a bug as so far I can't find it affecting anyone else from doing a few quick searches.

Hello, I updated my post, turns out any items cause the crash with my sims family. Going to test it on other families now.

Update: Turns out its happening with any family I play. Now going to remove CC and see if that fixes it (not sure how, as it was working fine with CC yesterday)
    @Keffers - aww I'm sorry. Do other Sims cause the issue? Do you have CC installed or downloaded any Sims from the Gallery?
    apple-signature.png
    Turns out CC was cas
    @Keffers - aww I'm sorry. Do other Sims cause the issue? Do you have CC installed or downloaded any Sims from the Gallery?

I removed my CC and it saved fine again. I'm going to reinstall the CC I had originally (When it played fine) and test again!
    Turns out one piece of CC was causing the problem. I think I know which one. Thanks!
    Turns out one piece of CC was causing the problem. I think I know which one. Thanks!

No problem. Have you seen SimGuruModSquad's stickied thread about CC and Mods?

apple-signature.png

No problem. Have you seen SimGuruModSquad's stickied thread about CC and Mods?

Yeah, but I haven't been having too many problems except a few crashes, these save crashes were making it more unplayable than I'd of liked.
  • sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > sportgal18 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know if this has been mentioned in a different thread, but thought I'd post it here:
    > I just built the first house that I'm happy with in The Sims 4, but when I quit the game and then come back in, random items will be missing sometimes? Like a couple shelves disappeared, a bookcase is gone, some of the clutter and paintings have gone missing. I don't have any custom content yet (although I'm dying to get new walls and bed patterns -- any recommendations?) so I don't know what's going on.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you been using the moveobjects on cheat? This is a known glitch with items being too close to each other. Have you checked your inventory to see if they are in there?

Yeah I use MOO a ton. That's probably it because now that I think about it, it's only items that are placed using that cheat.
  • ChumchaChumcha Posts: 22 New Member
    Outdoor retreat keeps deleting itself for me. It keeps deleting itself and corrupting my saves, it gives me a warning when loading the neighborhood that it's missing data. And then usually crashes shortly after.
    Chumcha wrote: »
    Outdoor retreat keeps deleting itself for me. It keeps deleting itself and corrupting my saves, it gives me a warning when loading the neighborhood that it's missing data. And then usually crashes shortly after.

Please provide the information asked for in the first post.
    apple-signature.png
  • Ottie24Ottie24 Posts: 47 Member
    > @conday884 said:
    > I figured it wouldn't hurt to post this here. So, I have 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, and the game runs great on all low settings; however, the windows are all brown and solid, not clear. I'm running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 as well, so I'm not sure really what to do... anyone have a solution? Thanks!

In your game settings see if you have laptop mode checked. I was testing yesterday that if laptop mode is checked the windows are solid and brown. Then I did a test with laptop mode unchecked and I could see the trees and grass.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    My game kept crashing. I had added a house from the gallery earlier, so I bulldozed it. Then it kept crashing. After a few restarts, it crashed again after playing. Then when I clicked to open the app. It said the app needed to be reinstalled. I wish I would have gotten a screen shot, but I didn't. (and I can't post pictures here yet anyway.) I had like 11 hours logged in on origin. Such a bummer.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
  • ChumchaChumcha Posts: 22 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Chumcha wrote: »
    >
    > Outdoor retreat keeps deleting itself for me. It keeps deleting itself and corrupting my saves, it gives me a warning when loading the neighborhood that it's missing data. And then usually crashes shortly after.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Please provide the information asked for in the first post.

Mac model mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
    Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4Gb RAM
    Graphics Intel HD 5000
    Operating System OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: all free content + outdoor gp

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? no

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? just origin

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? I've some clothes and hairs
    Chumcha wrote: »
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Chumcha wrote: »
    >
    > Outdoor retreat keeps deleting itself for me. It keeps deleting itself and corrupting my saves, it gives me a warning when loading the neighborhood that it's missing data. And then usually crashes shortly after.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Please provide the information asked for in the first post.

Mac model mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
    Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4Gb RAM
    Graphics Intel HD 5000
    Operating System OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: all free content + outdoor gp

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? no

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? just origin

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? I've some clothes and hairs

Thanks but there should be a number after Intel HD 5000. It tells us how much VRAM your graphics is using. I need this for the other thread you've posted in about graphics too :)

apple-signature.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    OnlyRivvil wrote: »
    I'm just curious to see if anyone has had issue with the "Cleaning Frenzy" action. When I click it, my sim simply stands there. Manually I must click on the object and select clean for a sim to do anything. I was also wondering if anyone else had certain items vanish only to appear in their family inventory after loading a game. Thanks guys

Both of those have been an ongoing issue, though I haven't seen the disappearing items happening quite as much (used to happen with garden plants for me, especially my fruit trees).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2015
    southaltan wrote: »
    My game kept crashing. I had added a house from the gallery earlier, so I bulldozed it. Then it kept crashing. After a few restarts, it crashed again after playing. Then when I clicked to open the app. It said the app needed to be reinstalled. I wish I would have gotten a screen shot, but I didn't. (and I can't post pictures here yet anyway.) I had like 11 hours logged in on origin. Such a bummer.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Wonder if the house had some CC that's incompatible with the Mac version of the game, since we're having so many issues with CC/mods.

Try doing a Repair Game (right click on the game icon in Origin and select from the menu) then a clean folder restore; delete your Sims 4 folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts, then restart the game which will generate a new Sims 4 folder (as well as get rid of the bad house) from the game. If that doesn't work, then you can do the uninstall/reinstall bit.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    The first time after restarting that I open Sims 4 on my MAC I get the following error. When I try to open it a second time I get a messages saying that it didn't open the last time do I still want to open. When I click yes the game starts and everything seems to work find. I get a similar message when starting Sims 3, but the game still starts without other intervention. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? There is a bunch more of the error message, but I can't put it all in this thread. Let me know if you need more information.

Error Message:

Process: The Sims 4 [361]
    Path: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4
    Identifier: com.ea.mac.thesims4
    Version: 1.0 (1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: The Sims 4 [361]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-02-20 12:26:09.146 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.2 (14C109)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 7BF62242-B6A9-286D-0A90-C38DB600E5D6

Time Awake Since Boot: 55 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000011385d700

VM Regions Near 0x11385d700:
    Stack 0000000112c72000-0000000112cf4000 [ 520K] rw-/rwx SM=COW thread 19
    -->
    VM_ALLOCATE 0000000114673000-0000000114678000 [ 20K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
    edited February 2015
    In addition, the sound never boots up right. I always have to hit Command +Tab to get out of the game and then go back in. Once I do that the sound works fine.

Mac model (Late-2013 15"-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.6 GHz Intel Core i7)
    Memory (16Gb RAM 1600 MHZ DDR3)
    Graphics (Intel Iris Pro 1536 mb)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

Official EA DLC/EPs installed (Outdoor Retreat)

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? (AppZapper)

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? (Nothing running at the time of crash, but maybe Google Drive)

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? I have CC clothing and skin effects.
    edited February 2015
    I have just copied my entire Sims 4 folder from the BootCamp/Windows side of my computer and overwrote the one that was created on install. I have not been able to get any of my saves to play. I can load them, but as soon as I click play from the world screen they got to a loading screen and then the game crashes.

Overall my game runs just fine with a NEW save that was created directly on the MAC side.
    Post edited by msarobix on
  • amsolomonamsolomon Posts: 3 New Member
    So far my game has run very smoothly, with one small exception. Every time my sims goes to a new lot wearing any of their everyday clothes but everyday 1, they go back to wearing everyday 1, but it says they are wearing everyday 2 if that is what they were wearing before. Has anyone else encountered this?
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    New patch out now! I just updated my game. :) Hope it works for you all.