Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• Options
    MioneWeasleyMioneWeasley Posts: 1 New Member
    I just bought Sims 4 online and I downloaded it on origin but it wont install, every time i click the install button nothing happens?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I just bought Sims 4 online and I downloaded it on origin but it wont install, every time i click the install button nothing happens?

Restart your Mac then try.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AcidfairyyyAcidfairyyy Posts: 45 Member
    Can run in Ultra on Bootcamp no problem; it struggles on Medium in OS X. Very choppy, especially when panning/zooming in or out.

Mac model: Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16Gb RAM
    Graphics: Intel Iris Pro/NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    Operating System: OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Pack

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they?: No

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they?: No, closed everything aside from Dropbox

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they?: Nope
  • Options
    Can run in Ultra on Bootcamp no problem; it struggles on Medium in OS X. Very choppy, especially when panning/zooming in or out.

Mac model: Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16Gb RAM
    Graphics: Intel Iris Pro/NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    Operating System: OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Pack

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they?: No

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they?: No, closed everything aside from Dropbox

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they?: Nope

Did you try the settings in the linked thread for Retina Macs in the second post?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    kwheeler7kwheeler7 Posts: 3 New Member
    I downloaded sims and played it for three hours yesterday.. no issues. Saved and exited and went to work. Came home and my game just crashes during launch.. I did change my graphics before closing but i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and nothing. I don't know what to do...

Mac mini (Late 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

I have the sims 4 and the holiday pack installed.
    no antivirus installed right now
    I've even tried doing a clean boot
    no CC
  • Options
    kwheeler7 wrote: »
    I downloaded sims and played it for three hours yesterday.. no issues. Saved and exited and went to work. Came home and my game just crashes during launch.. I did change my graphics before closing but i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and nothing. I don't know what to do...

Mac mini (Late 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

I have the sims 4 and the holiday pack installed.
    no antivirus installed right now
    I've even tried doing a clean boot
    no CC

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Origin too? That would be worth a try.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    kwheeler7kwheeler7 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    ok it just randomly decided to work enough for me to bring up the game options... what should my setting be on??
  • Options
    @‌ kwheeler7 - Really? Bit random! Set it to Low and see how that works initially.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Hyperoines64Hyperoines64 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Why does my game look like this

Mac Specs
    Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4Gb RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000)
    Operating System (OS X 10.8.5)
    picture is in the link docs.google.com/document/d/1WfUiP8kQE0jw7aThp-4ZyLoeZNksDqWeXtvgxuoGEMo/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    Hyperoines64Hyperoines64 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Help ^
  • Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    edited February 2015
    Why does my game look like this

Mac Specs
    Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4Gb RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000)
    Operating System (OS X 10.8.5)
    picture is in the link

Hi there. Please post your link again by splitting it up in a couple sections. You shouldn't be having issues with your computer and I would like to see what issues you're facing.

Edit: Just saw the picture. May I ask what settings you're playing the game on?
  • Options
    lilacfaery06lilacfaery06 Posts: 668 Member
    I'm having problems - the sims are all grainy and i cant see their clothes etc

Mac model (late 2013 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.9 GHz Intel Core i7)
    Memory (8 GB RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 512mb)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.8.5)

Official EA DLC/EPs installed: none

Do you have antivirus or clean up apps installed? If so what are they? No

Are you running any background tasks? If so, what are they? No

Do you have any CC/mods installed? If so, what are they? No
  • Options
    I ha> @Hyperoines64 said:
    > Why does my game look like this
    >
    > Mac Specs
    > Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    > Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    > Memory (4Gb RAM)
    > Graphics (Intel HD 4000)
    > Operating System (OS X 10.8.5)
    > picture is in the link docs.google.com/document/d/1WfUiP8kQE0jw7aThp-4ZyLoeZNksDqWeXtvgxuoGEMo/edit?usp=sharing
    >
    I have the exact same - specs are in the post above :(
  • Options
    XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @lilacfaery06 @Hyperoines64 Try updating Yosemite to the newest 10.10.2, maybe that will help? I also had problems with graphics, but i'm all good now. I have the same exact model (the mid-2012 13") with the same specs and my game is running flawlessly!
  • Options
    @Hyperoines64 @lilacfaery06 you've both posted you're running OS X 10.8.5, this is Mountain Lion, not Yosemite. Can you upgrade to Yosemite to see if that fixes this? It's an operating system upgrade so make sure your Mac is backed up and meets the requirements. It's free from the App Store :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I updated and it works great now :)

Thanks so much Bluebell :)
  • Options
    slydarslydar Posts: 26 Member
    > @BimboBoy84 said:
    > Does anyone know where I can find all the specs for my iMac so that I can post it here? :) Is there a certain commando for that?

 Menu > About This Mac

All key information about your machine is here.
  • Options
    Candy810Candy810 Posts: 52 Member
    edited February 2015
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=D1IpOCVziSY

I made a video of my gameplay and went through my settings. The game is working great for me! I used a free recording software so it looks a little fuzzy but that's not what it looks like in my game. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    While it says the game will run on Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), it is probably best to update your OS to Maverick (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10) as there could be a conflict with the video drivers. Many people are reporting problems with certain graphics cards or being able to download the game from Origin. When reporting bugs or other errors, please include which Mac OS version you are currently running.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    em.em. Posts: 20 Member
    I'm having issues in CAS. If I play a pre-made family my game runs completely fine. If I try CAS all the graphics on the sim are completely messed up. They are naked, pixilated, with no coloring of eyes/hair/clothes. If I attempt to still make a sim in that condition, the buttons will stop functioning causing me to have to force quit the entire game without saving. The game has crashed shutting itself off only once so far. For now I'm still able to play with the classic favorite families already living in a house and hopefully CAS will be fixed soon.

Macbook Pro mid 2012
    Processor-2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory-4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics-Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
    Software-Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)
  • Options
    XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @em. I would upgrade to Yosemite (it's free), it seems like the upgrade fixes a lot of problems with the HD 4000 graphic cards.
    Post edited by Xalerich on
  • Options
    ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    Major OS X updates usually have new graphics drivers included, which is what likely fixes the HD 4000 issues.
  • Options
    hscarmonahscarmona Posts: 2 New Member
    I just downloaded sims 4 on my mac but the cheat console will not come up when i press the shift+command+c combo. And I have nothing else running in the background. is there anyone that has figured this out or is having the same issue? I really only like playing with the cheats enabled so this is pretty frustrating. waiting for over a year for the game and then no cheats? very disappointing. PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • Options
    hscarmona wrote: »
    I just downloaded sims 4 on my mac but the cheat console will not come up when i press the shift+command+c combo. And I have nothing else running in the background. is there anyone that has figured this out or is having the same issue? I really only like playing with the cheats enabled so this is pretty frustrating. waiting for over a year for the game and then no cheats? very disappointing. PLEASE HELP!!!!

The cheat console is CTRL + Shift + C, not CMD.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    whiskisserwhiskisser Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2015
    hey guys i'm still having trouble trying to get cc in my game - a user here recommended the Unarchiver for unzipping .package files, but when i try to unpack these files (downloaded from TSR) i get a message which says "the contents of the file "[filename]" can not be extracted with this program". Please help! CC is such a huge part of my game! :(