Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A moon or space themed room
    Gallery name of room: Study of the Simverse
    Origin ID: Gwiniel

okkDBel.jpg
    A29Nz1R.jpg
    eTi4b5Z.jpg
    FUc7aMV.jpg
    ajXorAC.jpg
    EwVhjq1.jpg
    JGylbHV.jpg
    CSEKlbh.jpg

And Buzz Aldrin... Created by me and used him to test the room :)

uGZ45gZ.jpg
    E6Di5e9.jpg
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    Hello everyone! as everyone probably seen in this thread I am a console player (PS4) but after months of lag.. the game is really just not fun anymore on the PS4. I tried The Sims 4 on the laptop and it is extremely smooth, way smoother than on console! No lag so yay! I decided to switch to PC, this was extremely sad for me because of how much money I spent on console for packs.. I went out earlier to get myself a mouse to use with my laptop and cheer myself up a bit, and my mother (who I am super thankful to for gifting me it) decided to buy me Island Living as a gift for the PC just an hour ago as a way to help me calm down with the stress of moving and waiting for university results. It will really help me get into the PC version so I am super happy!

Because of this I have decided to take up this weeks challenge and I will be able to upload it to the gallery! I do have a question how do I upload a room and not the whole lot to a gallery? Thank you in advance!
    Because of this I have decided to take up this weeks challenge and I will be able to upload it to the gallery! I do have a question how do I upload a room and not the whole lot to a gallery? Thank you in advance!

In build mode, click the room active and click the "save to my library" file icon - it will have a house icon and a room icon, choose the room icon. Then name the room (tittle), choose what kind of room it is and write description, if you want to. Clicking the camera icon below the room image allows you to switch the picture's point of view (4 different). Then save it to your library by clicking the icon on bottom right corner (under comment box) or share it directly to the Gallery by using the icon on bottom left corner (under description box). Hopefully that's clear enough :) Welcome to PC version <3<3<3

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello @PrincessAmy :) I hope that you will soon adjust to the pc version of the game. I send you hugs <3 as you await your uni results, and the stress that waiting for the results and also needing to change games version has brought to you. Gwiniel has very kindly explained how to save the room. If you have further issues with knowing how to save the room, just post here again,
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    Gwiniel wrote: »

In build mode, click the room active and click the "save to my library" file icon - it will have a house icon and a room icon, choose the room icon. Then name the room (tittle), choose what kind of room it is and write description, if you want to. Clicking the camera icon below the room image allows you to switch the picture's point of view (4 different). Then save it to your library by clicking the icon on bottom right corner (under comment box) or share it directly to the Gallery by using the icon on bottom left corner (under description box). Hopefully that's clear enough :) Welcome to PC version <3<3<3

Thank you so much @Gwiniel I am sorry I bet my question is very silly we just don't have the online gallery on console. Thank you for the welcome! I hope I will get adjusted soon!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @PrincessAmy :) I hope that you will soon adjust to the pc version of the game. I send you hugs <3 as you await your uni results, and the stress that waiting for the results and also needing to change games version has brought to you. Gwiniel has very kindly explained how to save the room. If you have further issues with knowing how to save the room, just post here again,

Thank you, I hope I will get adjusted soon too. Thank you for your kindness @rosemow, I am enjoying the PC version more now since I can explore Island Living. I will also be very happy to use it in my space room this week, so excited to use all the new build items!
    Thank you for all the help and support!
    Study of the Simverse is a very creatively great space, Moon Landing, Sixam and alien themed room! @Gwiniel :) Very great design and furnishing of the room! The black rocks, spacerocks, crater debris on the floor, and the black wall with white starry sprinkles, all capture the moon, space and Sixam environment so very well! Very creatively designed fenced nook section with the UFO, alien plants, Strangerville vine on the wall, and the glowing blue pond! The space themed wallart and space collection pictures on the walls adds a special look to the room! Thankyou very much for using my wallart in your room! <3:) Very nice scientific themed computer study desks for Sims to enjoy sitting at the desk doing space research on the computer. It is great that there are two desks, with one for Buzz Aldrin and the other for the Alien scientist. Your Simversion of Buzz Aldrin looks great! You have reflected him so very well in simsgame form! Very nice nook area with the tub of plants and the stools with rockets on them either sides of the tub! The astronaut mannequin, statue with the US flag top hat, the water tank and the science machinery all look great! The filing cabinet, bookcase and the glass display collectibles on them are great!
    It is a very creatively designed space and moon themed study! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
    Thank you @rosemow <3<3<3 The "mannequin" is actually the sim Aldrin wearing astronaut gear unlocked by reaching level 7 in astronaut career :)

You're very welcome @PrincessAmy. I'm sure you'll get comfortable with the PC version quick enough :)
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Help! I logged into my game today for the first time about a week, since I downloaded the newest patch, thought i would come here and start participating in the challenges again...but lo and behold, my game doesn't work now...it lags from the new opening screen and won't let me do anything at all ... my pointer lags, everything lags.... and I tried to report it on the Bug forum but it won't let me post anything there...anyone help?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Help! I logged into my game today for the first time about a week, since I downloaded the newest patch, thought i would come here and start participating in the challenges again...but lo and behold, my game doesn't work now...it lags from the new opening screen and won't let me do anything at all ... my pointer lags, everything lags.... and I tried to report it on the Bug forum but it won't let me post anything there...anyone help?

Hello @jeswainston65
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    The Sims 4 Help section on this forum is now read only. New threads are unable to be started in the help section , and already started threads can’t be posted on. It would be best to post about your issue on the AHQ EA Tech site.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Also, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week:a Moon or Space themed room
    Gallery name of room :Crash Site Galley
    Origin id :jojoMOMSTER
    Pictures of the room :

Oh no! A marooned UFO . . . It has been here for quite some time as the plants have grown up all around.
    WFtj7UY.png

There is a door at the bottom of the stairs. Let's go see what is below
    GlOqHy7.png
    The space man who crashed here needed to figure out what to do about food so he built a kitchen in his cargo hold where he could raise fish and grow vegetables. It took him a while to feel safe venturing out into the world that would be his new home.
    ZigVfSy.png
    xfSQyBA.png
    MJjTgcR.png
    zVdqunP.png
    Crash Site Galley is a great kitchen for the Space Man alien that has crashed his UFO! @JojoMOMSTER :) You are so very creative! The design and furnishing of the room is great! It is great that there is a pond where he can enjoy going fishing! The flowers are pretty on the edges of it. It is great there are glass case tanks where he can grow food to harvest and use in cooking meals. The alien and futuristic themed wall pattern looks great! It is great there is science machinery for him to continue to enjoy working on his science experiments. The type of counters used and the black colour suits the theme well. He will like to sit on the stools at the counter eating the meals. The strangerville vine looks great on the wall!. The UFO poster, space picture and solar system mobile are great touches in the room! The danger sign door looks great!
    It is a very nice kitchen for Space man to grown plants, fish and cook meals in! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    thank you @rosemow Your challenges are so much fun!
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @jeswainston65
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    The Sims 4 Help section on this forum is now read only. New threads are unable to be started in the help section , and already started threads can’t be posted on. It would be best to post about your issue on the AHQ EA Tech site.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Also, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

thank you Rose...I will do that.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited July 2019
    @SarahTheRed

Your space themed party lounge is so pretty! I love how nicely decorated it is and how spacious! The dance floor and record playing station is such a great touch to the room!

@Nym115

Your space themed kitchen is adorable! I love how you used a black, blue, and white color scheme! It totally looks outer spacey! The string lights across the windows is a really nice touch!

@Becka28

Your space themed dining room is so pretty! I love the space rocks on the dining table and the space creatures on top of the counter! The all white design reminds me of a spaceship! The area where you put all the space plants looks so nice as well!

@AlJay

Your moon themed child’s room is so adorable! I love the moon and stars on the wall! The stars hanging from the ceiling was a super nice touch. All of the details you did with the decor such as the rug, the kid’s school space project, and lights look so nice and fit with the theme great!

@coolsim9999999

Your space themed dining room is so cute! I love how original it is with the pink and black checkered flooring. The rocket ship is a really great addition! I love the huge pink crystal you included and how spacious the room is!

@Simmingal

Your space themed bedroom is awesome! I love the dark color scheme with pops of blue, it really reminds me of space. The bedroom is small enough to fit perfectly on a spaceship! I love the alien plushie on the bed!

@luckyheather

Your space themed party room is so cool! It’s decorated so well with space plants, neon lights, and the dance floors! I love how dark and colorful it is, I can totally see this being a hit spot for alien night!

@Gwiniel

Your space study room is awesome! I love all of the space plants, rocks, and gems in the room! The fenced off habitat is a really nice touch. Your wall of space pictures looks so pretty above the plants and space displays. I love the dark color scheme!

@JojoMOMSTER

Your UFO room is so unique and lovely! I adore the outside decor that makes it look over grown! Inside, the pond in the middle of the room is adorable with the candles along the rocks! I love the space plants along the wall.

Great job everyone, I love all of the creative builds!
    edited July 2019
    Entry Form
    Theme For The Week:
    A moon or space themed room.
    Origin ID: Netxpre2.
    Gallery Name Of Room: Space Scientist's Lab.
    Notes: I chose to do a space themed room. This room is made for a scientist wanting to research everything there is to know about space! They have also collected a few plants and rocks from their travels.

Pictures of the room:
    e90NYcb.png
    mHT7n1C.png
    dCQntbJ.png
    fEY9wRD.png
    eR9tQ5U.png
    KIPD1DK.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    How much time is left on this challenge? I'll participate if I have the time.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    edited July 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

About 2 days. It ends on the 23rd in the evening. Not sure what time zone you are in though.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

About 2 days.
    Ah excellent! I can do this then!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    Space Scientist’s Lab is a lovely room @JosieAnglin :) The lighting, colour and science /space themed furnishings are very nice! The floor rug adds a very nice look to the room, and the space /alien /strangerville plants look great! Very nice study desks! The books and glass display case on one of the desk tops, the letters around the legs of the table and the space themed wall picture looks great! Very nice computer study desk area! Sims will enjoy doing space research on the computer. The pie chart, elements display item, satelite dish, rocket ship wall picture, rocket, achievement award and other items on the wall shelves and bookshelves, and science equipment on the tables look great! They will enjoy listening to music through the Linz speaker. The scientific items throughout the room look great!
    It is a great Space Scientist’s Lab! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    Thank you @rosemow!

Thanks for having another fun challenge for us all!
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme of the week a moon or space themed room
    Origin ID Don_Oello
    Room nameTheory of S.P.A.C.E.

It's been a long time so i'm a bit rusty. I made a small streaming studio where your sims can tell all about space
    https://imgur.com/PQzVUxV
    https://imgur.com/41ALr10

for all my other work check My Showcase
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top