Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited April 2019
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A natural plant, greenery and/or flower-themed room to reflect Earth Day
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: Eye Love the Earth
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/60DD902A562F11E98235048C513C46C4?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Back Story:
    The centerpiece of this room is the eye beneath the desk. Jade Emerald, environmentalist and jungle explorer, just moved to the jungle where the world's natural resources thrive. The non-electric fan powers the computer, and her study uses nothing modern or harmful to the earth. The ancient stone is so old that it fits this environmentalist's vision for a green study --- in time for Earth Day her birthday.
    Pictures of the room:
    UczjaF6.jpg
    showing most of the room
    2 other angles of the room
    d5ZopAl.jpg
    4FQBloL.jpg
    GIIkrkm.jpg
    bird’s eye view of the room
    k0689EQ.jpg
    showing most of the room from the other direction
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2019
    @jeswainston65
    There may be some workaround to not being able to build fountain tool fountains in rooms, but if there is, I doubt the fountains would be part of the room when you save it to the gallery. Depending on what packs you have, though, you might be able to make a cool fountain (that will come with the room when you save it) with fountain objects (and whatever else looks cool) and Moveobjects on.

Just a quick example (that probably doesn't fit this theme) here: unknown.png

And it will be part of whatever room it's in if you save the room to the gallery:
    unknown.png

EDIT: I don't recommend resizing fountain objects unless you intend to hide them. They'll shrink or grow, but the water they emit won't. You can resize non-fountain objects for the fountain to your heart's content, though.

I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Eye Love the Earth is a very nice study! @coolsim9999999 :) It is very nice the background details that you write about Jade and her study room! It is nice that her birthday is on Earth Day <3 The name of the room is creatively great! :) Very nice design of the room! It is great that you have based the room on the jade enerald stone eye that you have created for under the desk. Very nice natural texture of the room walls. The greenery and floral greenery on the side walls, over the windows and above the door look very nice! The patterned wall panels look very nice! The plants are nice touches of nature in the room. The wooden flooring gives a very nice feel and look to the room. Jade will enjoy sitting at her wooden study desk using her computer that is powered by her non electtic fan,that is facing the desk. She will also enjoy reading books there. Very nice entrance archway used. The gems look great on the wall table! The ceiling candlelights are pretty!
    It is a very nice natural themed studty! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my Earth Day study @rosemow B)! I’m really happy that you like the details I included about Jade and her study, her Earth Day birthday, the name of my study, the way I designed the room, the gemstone-shaped eye under the desk, the rooms natural walls, wall greenery, as well as over the window and above the door, the plants in the room, the patterned wall paneling and the wooden floor :D! I’m glad that you like Jade’s computer desk, which uses her non-electric fan for power on the table, books in the bookcase, archway door and the overhead candle lights :)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ArrowBuildsArrowBuilds Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you all for your lovely comments about my room from last week, I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on anyone's - it was such a hectic week! I'm hoping I can keep up with everyone this week though!

@rosemow thank you for another wonderful challenge this week! I can't wait to get started on my Earth Day room!

@coolsim9999999 Your Earth Day study is gorgeous! I love the backstory you've given it and to Jade Emerald. The large carved stone archway is a lovely way to enter the room, it really opens up the space and makes it very inviting. I really like that you've used renewable energy to power the computer, and nothing in the room harms nature in any way. The variation of the different windows adds some nice dimension to the room, and the flowers and plants on the walls make it feel like Mother Nature is gently feeling her way into the room to make it her new home. The potted plants around the desk are a lovely thing for Jade to look at while she works, and add some nice pops of colour to the room. The candles are a lovely gentle source of light for Jade to work by, and add to the cozy atmosphere of this room. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Thanks @rosemow ... it's vexing me something fierce. I had to go do something else for a bit.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    @jeswainston65 I was recently interested in adding a fountain in a build and went through the experimental process to manage to do it. It does download from from the gallery. You are welcome to download it and look at the setup. The whole thing is considered one room. I think during one step I actually had to pull the room wall over the pond to get some aspect of it to take, but unfortunately I don'e remember which part that was. I would just recommend a bunch of experimentation. Anyway, sometimes it helps to look at how it was done in another room. Good luck! I am happy to help if you have any questions just tag me. :)https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/79285551292A11E98F7E048C513C46C4 I think in this one I used the debug pond so they could also fish in it. Actually, that may make it different than you have in mind. If you are trying to add it as a pool though it will be considered a different room(the water is in a room beneath), so there is no way to upload that as a room - or at least not as the room above it, as far as I know. I apologize since I cannot find your post - I just saw meowcatmeowkitty's response, so I am guessing at what you are aiming for. I would have to experiment further to see if the fountain tool's water will go with and is not considered a room below. I've never tried uploading a custom fountain I added to a build as a room. If you would like to let me know what you're trying to achieve I'm happy to try to help, though.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A natural plant, greenery and/or flower-themed room to reflect Earth Day
    Origin ID: ArrowBuilds
    Gallery name of room: Study the Earth
    Description: This is a study using only Base Game, Jungle Adventure and City Living items. I have created a library that is very in touch with nature, and is a place for Sims to really become one with the world around them. I've done this using only natural building materials (wood and stone), high balcony archways, an archaeology table for Sims to discover artifacts from centuries ago, an easel for Sims to paint what they can see through the archways, and books for Sims to read about the world. There is also a large world map and a spinning globe for Sims to help them with their studies. No technology in this room, it's all eco-friendly with candles for lighting. I will be uploading the speed build for this room to my Youtube channel soon if anyone would like to watch it.
    Have an awesome day! ♥

46616227945_dd99751cd0_b.jpg
    47531614391_5d0f4e3b86_b.jpg
    40565629423_a457ea46d0_b.jpg
    47531611751_d1e06e774d_b.jpg
    46807978044_22ab7eda7c_b.jpg
    40565625963_c8d35372fb_b.jpg
    46807976314_5420eb21a1_b.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited April 2019
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A natural plant, greenery and/or flower themed room to represent Earth Day.
    Gallery name of room :The Living RoomThe Living Room
    Origin id :TresaofPern
    Pictures of the room :

uapT98M.png
    m8dNzp8.png
    XCZ69kQ.png
    wz9ruqr.png
    m8dNzp8.png
    image.png
  • Options
    Study the Earth is a very lovely natural themed study! @ArrowBuilds :) Very nice design, layout and furnishing of the room! The natural colour scheme, wall textures and flooring look very nice! Very nice archway entrance and arch windows! Sims will enjoy the nice outdoors air coming into the room whilst indoors. The greenery on the walls and plants in the corner nooks are very lovely! They look very restful. The bookcases look so very nice the way they have been placed together along the sides of the walls and in the corners.! Very nice sitting and chatting area in the middle of the room. It looks very nice the way the sofas have been placed either sides of the octogonal table. Sims will enjoy sitting there reading books. The books are nice touches on the octogonal and side wall tables. Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors as they enjoy painting on the easel in the midst of the lovely natural setting! The art picture decor are a nice touch near the windows. The candles are very pretty and calming throughout the room! The globe and world map are special study touches. Sims will enjoy using the archaeology table.
    It is a very lovely natural themed study. Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)

• Options
    Thank you for your lovely comment @rosemow

@SimTresa your Earth Day living room is beautiful! The leafy wallpaper you used perfectly introduces some nature into the room, and establishes the overall colour scheme wonderfully. The fireplace is lovely with the blue bows and white tinsel against the dark wood, it's very festive and really makes the room look like it's celebrating! The flowers and flower artwork on the walls introduce pops of bright happy colours and look really nice against the leafy wallpaper. I like the little nook for the corner sofa, and the wall of windows that let in a lot of lovely natural light. The bright pink and yellow flowers on the coffee table make a nice centerpiece for the room, and the potted flowers on the table behind the sofa will be inviting for Sims and draw them into the room. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥
  • Options
    The Living Room is a very beautiful and calming nature themed living room! @SimTresa :) The natural green and brown colour scheme and the leafy wall pattern are very lovely! Very nice windows sitting nook! It looks great the way you have placed the windows and used the wallpaper there. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them as they are sittiing there. Very nice fireplace sitting area! The armchairs are very nice placed either sides of the fireplace and the flowers are very pretty in the nook area between the tv and fireplace ledge! The spring floral wreaths and vases of flowers are very special touches on the wall areas either sides of the door. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv near the very nice green bow themed fireplace. The vases of flowers are very pretty on the ledge behind the three seat sofa! The wall mural is very nice. The flowers are very pretty on the fireplace ledge and the central table! The patterned floor rug is a nice touch. Thankyou so very much for using my wallart in your room! :)<3 It looks very nice the way you have placed the photos on the walls in the room!
    It is a very restful natural living room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options

@SimTresa your Earth Day living room is beautiful! The leafy wallpaper you used perfectly introduces some nature into the room, and establishes the overall colour scheme wonderfully. The fireplace is lovely with the blue bows and white tinsel against the dark wood, it's very festive and really makes the room look like it's celebrating! The flowers and flower artwork on the walls introduce pops of bright happy colours and look really nice against the leafy wallpaper. I like the little nook for the corner sofa, and the wall of windows that let in a lot of lovely natural light. The bright pink and yellow flowers on the coffee table make a nice centerpiece for the room, and the potted flowers on the table behind the sofa will be inviting for Sims and draw them into the room. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥

Thank you, @ArrowBuilds Your room is very nice as well. I love the big windows, they give the room a bright, open feel.
    image.png
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Living Room is a very beautiful and calming nature themed living room! @SimTresa :) The natural green and brown colour scheme and the leafy wall pattern are very lovely! Very nice windows sitting nook! It looks great the way you have placed the windows and used the wallpaper there. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them as they are sittiing there. Very nice fireplace sitting area! The armchairs are very nice placed either sides of the fireplace and the flowers are very pretty in the nook area between the tv and fireplace ledge! The spring floral wreaths and vases of flowers are very special touches on the wall areas either sides of the door. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv near the very nice green bow themed fireplace. The vases of flowers are very pretty on the ledge behind the three seat sofa! The wall mural is very nice. The flowers are very pretty on the fireplace ledge and the central table! The patterned floor rug is a nice touch. Thankyou so very much for using my wallart in your room! :)<3 It looks very nice the way you have placed the photos on the walls in the room!
    It is a very restful natural living room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)

Thanks for your every lovely words, @rosemow.
    image.png
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Thanks @meowcatmeowkitty and @SheriGR .... I will do both of those things....I really want a fountain in the room ... thank you
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    SvalaValhallaSvalaValhalla Posts: 13 New Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: EARTH DAY :D
    Gallery name of room :Mother Earth Study
    Origin id : KatCawl
    Pictures of the room :
    h.ttps://imgur.com/mmyzTTb
    h.ttps://imgur.com/mKWWpFI
    h.ttps://imgur.com/DW0ezkl
    h.ttps://imgur.com/BcYuKay
    h.ttps://imgur.com/NMkCSXr
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Mother Earth Study is a very lovely natural themed study! @SvalaValhalla :) It looks so very calming and restful! Very beautiful water fountain feature! The statue of the lady holding the flowers, the water feature window, the hanging greenery on it, the rocks, and the flowers, plants and trees on the edges look so very pretty! Very lovely green colour scheme of the room! The floral patterned floor rug and green microscope wall picture are nice nature touches. Very nice study desk corner nook ! Sims will enjoy sitting on the wooden seat using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase or one that is on the desk. The flowers and plants on the desk table and on the bookcase shelves are very nice nature touches for Sims to see as they are sitting there and the Earth day and globe themed wall posters look great! The flowers cabinet is nice on the wall. Very nice windows sofa seat reading alcove nook area! Sims wlll enjoy sitting in the sunshine . The planter box is nice above the window.The fish in the aquarium are restful for Sims to look at as they are sitting reading there. The log themed wall pictures add a very nice look to the room area! The flowers are pretty on the coffee table. Very nice natural brown colour of the walls and the wooden flooring is very nice ! Very nice wooden texture of the furnishings in the room.
    It is a lovely , restful and calming natural study room with a very special water feature area! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    Gallery Name: Succulent Grand Study
    Gallery ID: ZKirian
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/12E463B1567511E980F226975FCF53D6

I decided to create a study for this challenge. I wanted rich, earthen tones and a feeling of ivy-league grandiosity. I could see this being a tenured professor's or author's study, who has a love for all things botanical. The beautiful leaf print paintings are courtesy of KassSimDesigns.

ZA1c15N.png?1
    nt1TNcE.png
    udClusX.png
    fhSd8Ek.png
    bgaF4iY.png

"Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
  • Options
    Succulent Grand Study is lovely! @ZKirian :) Very special rich natural brown colour scheme of the room! The wooden walls and patterned flooring are very nice. Very elegantly nice furnishing of the room! The fireplace sitting area is very nice! The bookcases look very nice placed either sides of the fireplace and the plants wallart is a very nice touch on the natural stone nook wall! The blossoms and plant on the fireplace ledge are stylish nature touches, and the plants look great on the bookcase shelves. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the comfortable armchairs in front of the fire reading a book. The patterned floor rugs add very nice touches to the areas of the room. Pretty flowers on the table between the chairs and the books are homely on the table also. The planter box of plants and the hanging plants decor is very nice , and the nook area with the Springtime mural, flower greenery and the plants shelving is very pretty and lovely ! Very nice door nook area! Nice bonsai corner nook and the plant prints look great over the door! The globe is a very nice touch in the study room. Sims will enjoy doing flower arranging on the flower arranging table. Very nice area for Sims to enjoy playing chess near the water feature window with the lovely greenery hanging on it! Very nice study desk area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the brown leather armchairs at the desk table using the computer, and the plants there on the desk are nice nature touches for Sims to see. Very nice coloured curtains used in the room.
    It is a lovely elegant plant themed study room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Thank you so much @ArrowBuilds B)! I’m so happy you like my backstory for my Sim, Jade Emerald, the archway, the renewable energy from the fan to run the computer and the nature nurturing nature of the room :)! I’m glad you like the different windows I used, the flowers, plants and the candles <3!

I like your room, too! It has a lot of bookcases and windows @ArrowBuilds B)!

Great rooms, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top