Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    Wow, I didn't realize how many rooms there were until I began... had to combine the rest here to not blow up the forum with tons of posts. ;) I hope I didn't miss anyone... if I did, I am so sorry! (I had posted 4 earlier.) Great work, ladies! <3

@VagueNightmare The colors are lovely in your dressing room! Very feminine and chic! I love that tone of pink, and combining it with the gold, white & black is very nice! I actually didn’t realize all of those items could be gold, so I am glad to find that out, as they look great that way. I also like the use of the divider, and very clever adding the signature sign! Good work!

@Kelz In your dressing room the dark/light wood has a warm quality that combines nicely with the dark/white door & furniture. The mannequin modeling her dress is very nice. I also like all of the toiletry and storage items in the room. Having the table and seating in the middle of the room is a great idea also. Nice job!

@thatsnotsweg Your dressing room/master closet is a nice, clean design that I think many sims will enjoy. I also chose to build a closet that was not large, as I assume that is more what most can use, so I know it is then very challenging to make use of each thing added – with that limited space. You managed to do this yet not make it cluttered, which is great! I like the colors and modern yet fun feel. That carpet is awesome and it pulls the room together nicely as well. (I’ve never seen it before – is that in a special pack?). Good job!

@Allears I love that blue and white color palette! So airy and refreshing, yet very sharp in the design! I like your use of the divider, clothing thrown over it (cool touch) and brightness of this room. It feels so inviting! Good work!

@xamira99 Wow, so many cool and elegant dressing room goodies! Sims will enjoy so many aspects of your room! I like the use of mannequins also. Nice touch. The colors are great, and the ‘island’ of shelving and special items would be wonderful. What a great idea!

@ZKirian One of my favorite carpets! I love the use of the red lights, and the colors are nice together. Those wall hangings are great (I haven’t seen them before!), and the cabinet use is a great idea! The divider works well there, and I really like the use of the box stack and bamboo behind it. Nice job!

@coolsim9999999 I like the brick, and very cool layout! It is quite fun that the greens match your sims’ hair, and I love the fact that I could let more than one sim use this room since there is the layout and content that seems to work for that use. Nice paintings, also. Nice work!

@jazzunicorns What a fun closet! I know that child wants to hang out and enjoy it also!  I like that this has so many fun goodies and design elements for a youthful sim (teen or young adult) and that it also looks like it is being used (laundry piles – now that is how it really is at my home!) and loved! Great idea and well done!!

@ACarron0514 This is one classy closet! It has a design and content balance that is lovely. I love the colors. They are soft yet still stand out. It has a soothing and airy appeal and feel. Very nice that it can be shared (two make-up tables). Well done!

luckyheather Wow, another color combo that work great! You guys are selling me on gold and yellows… and the white base is great! This room is so bright and pretty! Very modern, roomy and elegant. I like the little ‘cubbies’ and use of mannequin. This is a dressing room for the rich and famous for sure. Very nice!

@ShadowFairy74
    Your room is nice and has the items a sim would enjoy in their dressing room (make-up table, dresser, nice mirrors and decoration), but my favorite part that would be super-appealing in a shared area is the mirrored doors over the inner changing room. Great idea! Nice work!

@AlJay
    Your dressing room has a chic feel that I really enjoy. The colors (purple/black) are striking yet balanced in a way that is beautiful when done well, as you have in this case. I REALLY like how you used these colors within the well-places and chosen items in the room. It really is striking. Great work!

@WoWDiva92 Lovers of purple (so many of them!!) will LOVE this room, as will many others! The wall paper is beautiful (is that from a pack?) and a rich tone of purple that is very regal, especially in combination with the blacks (great combo - love it!). The accessories and decorations are great and well-placed. I love the use of the partial wall divider. Very nice room! And congratulations on the Maxis fav!!!! :)<3
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @SheriGR :)<3 Thank you so much!
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,084 Member
    Thank you very much for all your awesome comments about everyone's rooms @SheriGR B)! I'm so happy you liked the colors I chose and the layout!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited November 2018
    I found the terrain tools by clicking on the shovel, but where is the terrain paint now? It's hidden...lol :D:o!

Never mind, I found the paint brush on the left side B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi @Rosemow and friends. It's so great to be back and to see this wonderful thread still going full speed. Dear Rose you are such a gift to this community. *big hugs*

I have missed building and my friends here so much! I follow Ninster on Twitter when I get a minute. @rosemow @WrathofCath @Corwim and friends -- do you guys have a Twitter Sims account? It would be great to stay in touch that way.

Meanwhile, congrats on all the Maxis wins! I noticed several lately from this thread. Gorgeous rooms, but then this entire thread is fun to peruse for inspiration.

I hope to join in another room challenge soon. I've been trying a gameplay challenge -- my first full blown, no-cheats legacy challenge. It's called "The Not So Berry Legacy Challenge. For the first time, I am sticking with a legacy for more than a few generations. I have become really fond of this family. They are all so unique (and sometimes annoying). ^^ Also, I never let go of a sim before that I played and maxed in anything. I don't let my favorite sims die because I mostly played to test genetics or for actors to walk around in my rooms and test them. It's been really interesting.

With the new and awesome first-person view now (shift/tab) that just came out, you can really get into the immersion of the game. The only thing I don't like about FPV is the lack of utility. You're basically just an observer. That may change but, even if it doesn't, it really is perfect for machinima and video showcasing of your builds.

I know this is all a bit OT, sorry about that, but I just wanted to check in to where some of my favorite people hang all in one place. Hello and hugs. I hope to be back soon.

♥. Tizz
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello @Jazztizz :) It is nice to see you. I send hugs back to you <3 It is great that you are enjoying doing the Not So Berry Challenge. I hope that the challenge continues to go well.
    I don’t have a twitter account.
    Thankyou very much for your kind words about the thread :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind words @SheriGR! :blush:
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @SheriGR thank you so much, I’m glad that you like my room 😊 and thanks that you took some time to comment every single room. 😀
    Yours has such a warm and cozy feel. It’s great that there is a big mirror. Here could I dance barefooted, test my clothes for the night and see how it looks. And the fireplace! No more freezing 😀 I would love to have that room in my home.
    edited November 2018
    Thank you so much, @kilra0 ! I would love to have the closet also... and my 'tester' sim just had to keep it. I re-arranged the home so the closet/changing room is off her (and roommate's) room now. ;) My sims are nutty for sitting in front of a fire when they read, and they are also crazy about that globe bar, so I thought it may inspire a bit. I had to sacrifice a lot to have the two french door entries, but it works well in reality on my sims' lot 'Botanist Herbalist Lair 2' (just had to revise it to include the new room! :), so I went with that for better or worse. (On my lot it exits to a balcony on one side and the bedroom/bathroom suite on the other.) Likewise it could open to a 2nd bedroom that way if shared. I just love those french doors too much I guess. Some of this building stuff is all about 'sacrificing darlings' (unless you go huge, which I sometimes do). I find that to be the hardest part - building something small and having to split hairs about every single object and placement! Oy, vey! But I love building these things, and it's so nice to be able to share. That motivates me to no end. I have OCD and work from home. I live in front of my computer. It's awesome to have a hobby that doesn't include work (web/graphic design & photography). My family is so shocked. ;) And I'm loving the opportunity to chat/interact on the forum! It's so awesome to be able to share this hobby with others with the same passion! Anyway, thank you for your kind words and have a lovely day! :)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    @Allears Congratulations on your Maxis Fav! I'm so happy for you, and it is well-deserved! Your room is lovely and many will be enjoying it now! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Congratulations @Allears well deserved for this cute dressing room!
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fave @Allears for the fabulous closet! Well done!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @SheriGR @rosemow @MrsHosni @lsnishi Thank you all so much!! I was totally taken by surprise when I saw this!
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @Allears B)! Great closet :D:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much @coolsim9999999 ! <3:)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Congratulations @flobobunny for your Max Fav on your Dressing Room! Well deserved!!! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    edited November 2018
    Congratulations, @flobobunny !! I actually researched it yesterday and was shocked your dressing room hadn't gotten a Maxis Fav! I am not at all shocked that it did get one now, and am thrilled for you! Well deserved! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fave @flobobunny for a wonderful walk-in closet!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    Oh wow, thanks guys and grats to @Allears too! <3
    Thank you @flobobunny! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @flobobunny B)! Great closet :D:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Hello, there! I had a little time to spare, so I decided to simply make an entry for this week's theme! I didn't wait for get famous, since I'm not getting the expansion ( Right away ;) )

Entry form:
    Theme for the week:A bedroom for a sim who has moved to Del Sol Valley
    Gallery Name: Rest with peace I'm not good with name okay
    Origin Id: Sourocha

When I made this room, I thought of Stella as someone that wanted to make something with earhty tones and a general ''nature'' vibe to it.
    I imagine her in the middle, between being a beginner and being really famous, in a way that she *has* some money to spend ( So I ended up mixing nature with a bit of luxuary), but she still can't afford those golden toilets.
    Still imagine her as someone that kept in touch with her ''mundane'' life, still having her personal style even after gainning fame.
    This was a fun challenge! Spend some good time trying to figure out what to put where...But still, fun!

Overall picture:
    Y8gwa4F.jpg

More pictures in spoiler!
    QJyfAGk.pngAl2ferj.jpgdLYAquT.pngkSSX9Zg.jpgDwTPD24.jpgw2kjq1f.png6CInpOI.pngmPMFf1R.pngVQdjpTP.jpgJZGLvHR.jpgQp8FMsl.pngX1t8gZG.png

As a side note, I would like to add that I tried to make this challenge sooner, *but*, I read the theme too quickly, and ended up making a bathroom instead.... When I was about to post the entry here, I read the challange again and realize the mistake I had made...Althought, the bathroom *did* inspire me with the style of the bedroom, so it wasn't all that bad. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top