Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Vintage Glamour Bedroom looks very stylishly elegant! @Sbodine89 :) Very nice blue, black and gold colour scheme of the room! The blue colour of the walls looks very nice to complement with the items from the Vintage Glamour pack. Very nice furnishing of the room using the pack items! The model picture is a nice touch on the bedhead wall, and the gold edged curtains used adds to the very nice feel of the room. Very nice sofa seat sitting area for Sims to relax and have a drink from the globe bar . The flowers and candles on the coffee table are calming for Sims to see as they are sitting there.The golden clock is a nice touch on the wall, and the lamps look very nice placed on the bedside table and sofa side table. It looks great the way that the patterned black wall divider separates off the vanity table nook. Sims would enjoy sitting there at the table doing their makeup.
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Finished a room based on the City Living pack; I was inspired by the City Living street art. So I was lucky that nat0529 uploaded wonderful paintings based on the street art murals that came with City Living. I also included some amazing dog and cat pics by @SurfChicCreation. Thanks and credit to both of them for their marvelous pics! The room has only basegame and City Living items.

Theme for the week: A room using only one GP, SP or EP
    Gallery name of room: Street Art Bedroom
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5E39BE34B70711E88AB06995527B6279
    Pics:
    TYCUNeG.png
    BCrq1EH.png
    gIZd4z6.png
    Nogc1Jf.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Thanks, @Sbodine89. I think I changed my mind about three times before settling on the colors.
    image.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited September 2018
    Entry Form:
    Theme for the week: an expansion, game or stuff pack-themed bedroom
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: Bed Only Goes Party Bush
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2B341F95B71011E881AAD5C4434B406D?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Pack I chose: Get Together
    Backstory
    Joanie bought Get Together at the last Origin sale, and she wanted to use many items in a #Gettogether bedroom. She loves to dance and would like to become a DJ as soon as possible, and together, she and her new husband Johnny Get-Together, will be the best DJ team to ever hit SimNation!
    Pictures of the room:
    S9cljEE.jpg
    bird’s eye view of the room
    KZysDZ3.jpg
    from the other direction
    lu7KZK5.jpg
    dance battle
    qfNfVG8.jpg
    the bed area
    HWtI5zJ.jpg
    The fireplace space
    Sv5kyQh.jpg
    dj-ing and dancing
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Street Art bedroom looks very nice and stylish! @lsnishi :) The pictures on the walls look great! They give a great look and feel to the room! Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the room! The design of the fireplace sitting nook looks great! It looks very nice the way that the blue armchairs have been placed in a semi circle there, for Sims to enjoy sitting there warming up in front of the fire, and having a read of a book or a chat. The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the fireplace, and the circular floor rugs are great touches under the armchairs. Very nice study desk corner nook in the room for Sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The books are a great touch on top of the desk. The black and blue city living bed that you have used in the bedroom looks very nice and the patterned black floor rug under it goes well with it. The candles look pretty on the bedside tables. Very nice windows sitting nook! Sims will enjoy sitting there with sunshine coming in onto them. The keys are a nice touch on the side walls of the nook. The beauty products are great placed on the top of the dresser ready for Sims to use
    The City Living pack items look great in the room ! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @rosemow for the great review. It was a fun challenge to limit myself to just basegame and one pack. Great job coming up with a fun and interesting challenge!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Bed Only Goes Party Bush is a great Get Together themed bedroom! @coolsim9999999 :) Her husband’s name to reflect the name of the expansion pack is great! It is great that they are both dj’s and Joanie enjoys dancing, and so you have reflected this in their bedroom. The dj booth and dance floor design of the room looks very great! The mosaic floor tiling and the texture of the floor looks very effective and nice ! The Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music,and the design of the dance floor and the spotlights looks great! Very nice firelplace nook area for the Sims to rest after their dancing in front of the fire and read a book. The cars are a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. It looks nice how you have used the dividers to separate off the get together bush bed nook area. The mosaic wall tiling, brick wall texture, the dj /dance wall pictures, club banners,and red pots plants look great ! The red coloured closet looks great in the room, and stain glass windows look nice. The flowers boxes are a nice touch. It is great that there is a coffee counter area in the room. The Sims will enjoy having cups of coffee in their bedroom.
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my heat wave relief room @rosemow B)! I’m really happy that you like that Joanie’s husband’s last name is Get-Together, the husband and wife’s shared DJ and dance interests, the dance floor, DJ booth, the spotlights, the dance floor, the fireplace space, bench or chair for reading, cars on the mantle, the dividers I used to separate the Get Together bed bush from the rest of the room, the tiling and brick wall coverings, dance/DJ pictures, red plant pots and club banners :D! I’m glad that you like the red closet, stained-glass windows, flower boxes, espresso counter and the way I designed and furnished the room, in general :)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis Fave for your beautiful dining room @StangMix2! :)

Thank you so very much @rosemow, @coolsim9999999, @lsnishi and @luckyheather! Very appreciated. :smile:<3

It was lovely news to hear, especially since I'm not feeling too well this week. Heading to the Dr's this afternoon for an intestinal thing. :s

Cool idea for this week's theme Rose! Looking forward to this fun challenge. :blush:
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh wow, thank you so much @rosemow @coolsim9999999 @luckyheather @lsnishi and @WrathofCath ! <3:)

Sad to hear that @WrathofCath I hope you feel better soon <3
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A bedroom using only one expansion pack
    Gallery name of room : City Living Bedroom
    Origin id : carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery

Notes: I chose City Living, because I love the style of that pack; it's eclectic, vibrant and urban. It was fun but challenging to stick to only one pack. There was a lot of "Gee, I could swear this pack had more wallpaper..." and things like that. The only non-pack items are some Subtle Saucer Lights (I swear those are the only ones that can fully light up a room!) and one base-game plant that I stuck in a City Living vase.

Pictures of the room :

XqmUMoj.png

p4ldZLO.png

uStnPCp.png

nTR2Uh1.png

01dtO93.png

5FXTV0E.png

n88aC5t.png

p7mLhWo.png

6UGz4SO.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    That's a dream bedroom, @carolynrosser
    image.png
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks, @TresaofPern!!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • 007actress007actress Posts: 2 New Member
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : A Real NYC Apartment
    Origin id : 007actress

This is my first room build. And first challenge. This is a real gritty New York City Studio Apartment. The bathroom goes where the empty space is. Sims is a bit too generous on space and size of things. Studio is fit with obnoxious pipes, cracked walls, moldy spots, and in need of repairs. But you pay over $2500 for this small 7x9 space. Notice the bills on the dining table. Oh and only two kitchen cabinets work, the others are sealed shut and there is also other obnoxious things in the way of maximizing space. So NYC to have a large peg in the middle of a wall. Notice the half done paint job because you are trying to make the apartment look better but never finish. No desk because there is no space. Its laptop on the bed. Don't fall asleep doing your work. I had to add paint chips because it wouldnt be a NYC apartment if the paint wasnt constantly chipping. Your suitcases work as a side table because there is no storage space. Ahh but you FOMO if you leave NYC. loveitorleave. #oneroomoneweekonetheme #nyc
    <3
    007actress wrote: »
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : A Real NYC Apartment
    Origin id : 007actress

This is my first room build. And first challenge. This is a real gritty New York City Studio Apartment. The bathroom goes where the empty space is. Sims is a bit too generous on space and size of things. Studio is fit with obnoxious pipes, cracked walls, moldy spots, and in need of repairs. But you pay over $2500 for this small 7x9 space. Notice the bills on the dining table. Oh and only two kitchen cabinets work, the others are sealed shut and there is also other obnoxious things in the way of maximizing space. So NYC to have a large peg in the middle of a wall. Notice the half done paint job because you are trying to make the apartment look better but never finish. No desk because there is no space. Its laptop on the bed. Don't fall asleep doing your work. I had to add paint chips because it wouldnt be a NYC apartment if the paint wasnt constantly chipping. Your suitcases work as a side table because there is no storage space. Ahh but you FOMO if you leave NYC. loveitorleave. #oneroomoneweekonetheme #nyc
    <3

Hello @007actress :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much!
    Could you please upload your room to the Gallery? It can’t contain cc. The rooms for this challenge thread need to be cc free. Then I can post a link here to the room , from the website version of the Gallery.
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here,
    I can then post the pictures for you
    You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your room! :)
    Hello @WrathofCath :) I am so sorry that you aren’t feeling too well :( I send hugs to you <3 I hope that the doctor may be able to help you in finding the cause of your sickiness.
    The furnishing and design of City Living Bedroom looks very nice! @carolynrosser :) It looks great how you have used the items from the pack in the room! The colourful mosaic floor tiles print, the patterned square rug under the armchair, the purple colour of the armchair and ceiling light, the blue and purple luggage cases bedside tables, and the circular floor rugs add a very colourfully great touch to the bedroom. The combination of the grey and brick textured walls suit well the theme of the room. Very nice bed area! The canopy bed is nice, and the beaded curtains are a nice touch on the wall either sides of the bed. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchair, listening to radio music and reading a book from the bookshelves. The patterned strips of light on the wall behind the chair look great there. It is a nice touch that snow globes are on the bookshelves.The wall art rectangular pictures, plumbing picture and the other City Living pictures/wall decor add a great look to the walls! The candle is nice on the dresser, and it is great that there is mail on the dresser for Sims to enjoy reading. Sims will like checking their appearance in the blue full length three panel mirror. It looks great how the wall divider separates off the bed area.
    It is a very nice City Living themed bedroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2018
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an expansion , games or stuff pack themed bedroom
    Gallery name of room : Camper’s Room For Rent
    Notes: I love Outdoor Retreat !
    Origin id : simsdelamode
    Pictures of the room :
    ERpIBo4.png
    QgMOMsq.png
    He7HVwp.png
    The Outdoors Living pack theme of Camper’s room For Rent looks very great! @simsdelamode :) Very nice brown and natural colour scheme of the room. The natural textured wooden themed furnishing of the room looks very nice. It looks great that wooden siding has been used for the bedhead wall. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunlight coming in through the bedroom windows. The jackaloupe is cute on the wooden bedside table! The type of lamp used beside the bed looks very nice, and the three green lantern lights are a nice touch on the bedhead wall shelving. Very nice corner nook with camping supplies. The bucket of laundry items looks great, and it is great that there are saucepans to use for cooking. Sims will enjoy eating cereal for breakfast and have a nice cup of hot chocolate to warm themselves up when cold. They will enjoy playing the guitar in their room. Nice nook area for them to have fun playing chess. It is great that an insect and a fish that they caught are on display in the room, in the glass display case and mounted on the wall. The wooden hearts is a special touch on the wall. The forest themed floor rug adds a very nice look to the room.
    The design of the room, and the way you have used the pack items looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future week’s challenges also!
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2018
    Entry Form Challenge 178
    Theme for the week: An expansion , games or stuff pack themed bedroom
    Gallery name of room : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/983782CAB7A511E8827977C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    Name : Doggie Dreams
    Origin id : ShadowFairy74
    Pictures of the room :
    57gLY3i.png
    PceUL4H.png
    f3YlzC5.png
    FmYbA0L.png
    HlTULLB.png
    SLhJLK9.png
    69eYViF.png
    tz4HN8a.png
    Doggie Dreams is a very nice pet themed bedroom! @ShadowFairy74 :) It is great that Joanie’s pet dog Cookie enjoys being in the room <3 It is very creative that you have designed it in the shape of a dog! It looks very great! Very nice study desk nook area for Sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase , and enjoy seeing the sunny yellow flowers either sides of the desk. The light houses are a nice touch on the desk top, and the dog wall calendar looks great! The painting on the wall from the Cats and Dogs pack is very calming. The pet treats are great on top of the drawers, ready to give to pets. It is great that there is a pet bed for pets to sleep and a pets toy box for them to play with. Very nice bed area! The patterned bed from the pack looks homely, and the leadlight lamps on the bedside tables look very pretty. It is great that there is a pet door in the room! The dogs statues are cute on the fireplace ledge! Very nice windows sitting alcove! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa there with sunshine coming in through the windows. It is very special photos that you have posted of Joanie hugging Cookie <3
    The furnishing of the room with the items from the Cats and Dogs pack looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you @rosemow !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top