Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @rosemow @kilra0 @coolsim9999999 and @lsnishi! This was a big surprise, I didn't notice. How exciting! :smiley:

OMG i just noticed today that i got a fav too, I dont know how i missed everyones congrats, thank you guys :) Today is the 1st time ive checked the gallery in a while, so it was a big surprise <3
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    You're welcome @leashahampton --- and enjoy finding out about it B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the well deserved Maxis Faves @xraygrl2004 @StangMix2 @leashahampton @coolsim9999999 and @lsnishi! :blush::star::star::star:

I am Loving all the extremely creative rooms for this week's challenge! It's so cool to see so many different ideas, all so awesomely displayed. :smiley:
  • Options
    Entry Form
    Challenge 147
    Theme for the week: A themed Study room for a Professor.
    Gallery name of room: Sail Away
    Theme for room: I chose sailing for Solomon's interest.
    Origin id: wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room:

01-27-18_6%253A00%253A09%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A04%253A23%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A05%253A31%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A02%253A04%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A02%253A54%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A03%253A22%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-27-18_6%253A03%253A52%25C2%25A0PM.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The furnishing and layout of Sail Away is very nice! @WrathofCath :) It is a very nice sailing themed room! The wall panelling and the blue and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Very nice fireplace and book nook area! The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the fireplace, and the sail boats on the wall and bookshelf and lighthouse complement with the room theme well ! Solomon will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa near the fire reading a book, having a drink from the globe bar and listening to music from the wall speaker. The plants and flowers are nice touches of green and nature for hin to see as he sits relaxing there, The books on the coffee table, and the clock on the fireplace ledge are nice homely touches. Very nice corner study desk nook! It looks great that the desk table is angled there. Solomon will enjoy sitting there using the computer to do his work, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The boat and lighthouse on the desk, the sailing boat themed shelving cabinet in the corner nook, the sailing themed wall pictures and the ship’s wheel on the wall look very nice in the room and reflect his sailing interest very well! It looks very great that you have created a ship wheel clock! The three wall clocks in a vertical row is also a nice touch on the wall. The square floor pattern adds a nice look to the room.
    The sailing themed furnishing of the Study looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    PatiPatou wrote: »
    Love your your, @JosieAnglin ! It reminded me of the living room of the movie Amour. I tried to build the set but lost my save a few years ago...

Anyway, great job!

Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    @WrathofCath --- Thank you very much for your very nice comment about my Maxis fave B)!

@WrathofCath --- I like your study for Solomon :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    Entry Form
    Challenge 147
    Gallery name of room: Symphonic Study
    Theme for room: I chose music and drama for Solomon's interest.
    Origin id: alyray96
    Notes: I had to do this room twice because my game crashed :( Solomon wanted an office where his students (or himself) could come to practice. He even has a refreshment area since it's exhausting to do all that creative work! The stage is for tests and run throughs! I had to use curtains to separate practice rooms.
    Pictures of the room:
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/475kMie
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/LsAmk0c
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/uQ4wvcz
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/8mfAWJb
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/BCU3emJ
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • Options
    AlyRay96 wrote: »
    Entry Form
    Challenge 147
    Gallery name of room: Symphonic Study
    Theme for room: I chose music and drama for Solomon's interest.
    Origin id: alyray96
    Notes: I had to do this room twice because my game crashed :( Solomon wanted an office where his students (or himself) could come to practice. He even has a refreshment area since it's exhausting to do all that creative work! The stage is for tests and run throughs! I had to use curtains to separate practice rooms.
    Pictures of the room:
    475kMie.png

LsAmk0c.png

uQ4wvcz.png

8mfAWJb.png

BCU3emJ.png

• Options
    The design and layout of Symphonic Study looks very great! @AlyRay96 :) The music and drama theme is a great idea to use for the room! The curtained off practice room areas look very great! Solomon and his students will enjoy singing or acting using the microphone and playing the musical instruments in the nooks. It is nice that there is a larger nook for the grand piano and the keyboard together.The musician and music. themed pictures are very nice touches in the entry area to the practice nooks and on the nook walls. Very nice grey colour scheme of the room! The type of wall paneling used gives a very nice feel and look to the room. Very nice snacks and refreshments area! The sims will enjoy having a cup of tea or coffee or a drink from the fountain, as well as a snack from the fridge, when taking a break from practising. Very nice study desk area for Solomon to enjoy sitting at the desk table and catching up on work on his computer. His diploma and trophies that he has been awarded are proudly nearby on the wall! It is great that there are bookcases in the corner nooks, to hold his music and drama books. The stage area is great! The ceiling spotlights adds a great touch there. Sims will enjoy doing a practice tesr run there.
    The furnishing of the special themed music and drama study looks very nice ! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    I am sorry though that your computer crashed and you had to do the room twice :( That isn’t good at all!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, there are a lot of gorgeous studies so far and some very imaginative themes!

I really, really struggled coming up with a theme. I finally settled on Professor Solomon being an Asian studies professor and so his study is Asian themed. I have a small meditation garden, meditation stool, and tea maker so Professor Solomon can relax after a hard day's work.

Challenge No. 147
    Theme for the week: A themed study for a university professor
    Gallery Name of the Room: A Study In Zen
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4827CB89049F11E886014C4F02C5D395
    Pics:
    efYLvEm.png
    86ut4Ix.png
    XYHsCwG.png
    EgJQQot.png
    s3QTkw1.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    A Study in Zen is a very restful Asian themed Study for Professor Solomon! @lsnishi :) It is a very peacefully place for him to spend time after a busy day. The windows nook meditation garden is very nice! He will enjoy quietly meditating on the meditation stool, looking at the garden. The eclipse pattern lights are a nice touch on the nook walls. The Asian themed koi, cherry white blossom and Asian patterned pictures and wall hangings are a nice touch on the room walls. The design of the coffee table area in the middle of the room is very nice! It looks very nice the way cushions have been placed on each side, the lotus flower print underneath the table and the candles and stones are on the table top. It is a restful place to sit on the cushions and relax. The nook area with the white blossoms picture , bamboo plants, cherry blossom and red flower sculptures look very nice! Very nice study desk area! He will enjoy sitting at the desk table, using the computer to do his work, and looking at the garden nooks in the room. The bookshelving holding his Asian books looks nice on the wall behind the desk table. The large red plant bowls look great placed either sides of the desk! The yin yang patterned floor rug suits the room well! He will enjoy having a cup of tea whilst sitting there, with the nice aroma of the incense to smell. His diplomas are a nice touch on display on the computer area walll. The white ceiling lantern lights are a nice touch in the room.
    It is a very peaceful Study for Solomon! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the nice comments @rosemow and thank you for coming up with interesting and challenging themes each week!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow, Thank you for your very lovely review Rose! Hope you have a nice week :)<3

@coolsim9999999, You're very welcome and thank you so much for your sweet comment! Your room is adorable with those sweet, teeny-tiny little desks! :blush:

EDIT: I had to make a quick exit because a repair guy showed up. :s

Just wanted to add:

@AlyRay96, Nice idea for a symphonic study! Love the set up and soft colors you chose. :smile:

@lsnishi, I know right? I was going crazy trying to come up with an idea at first, lol :p Love your Zen study! So creative and pretty. I think the mediation garden is my favorite part. Gorgeous! :blush:
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    Thanks @WrathofCath. And I always love your builds; your nautical study is wonderful. Love the colors and love the details!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm in love with all of these study rooms! I think this is my favorite of the challenges that i've seen so far.
  • Options
    You're welcome @WrathofCath :)!

@WrathofCath --- I'm glad you like my little furniture in my room :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @rosemow thank you for your lovely description and feedback as always.
    @WrathofCath thank you! I thought it made the room look classy but not too snobbish!
  • Options
    @lsnishi such a great idea for his study! I never would have thought of that! I love Asian culture and I wish I had a study like that! Very nice use of color!
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow can’t wait to get more great content out now!!
  • Options
    Thank you @AlyRay96 and big congrats for becoming a full member! And I love your Symphonic Study; it's very elegant and classic in it's details and colors. Great job!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @lsnishi
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    As always Rose this thread inspires and produces fabulous rooms. xox Folly
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list